Dell Inspiron Mini 9 ?

jns_mt

839 posts in this topic

I have noticed the way torrents work the more you are able to seed (to a point) the faster your download will be. I can send the sys log but I looked at it before and I did not see anything useful. I will look again now that it kind of worked for a brief second this last time

Alas I still have 9 hrs left on 10.5.5 :)

I know it was mentioned before how to install these disks from a flash drive, but I only have 2 gb flash drives (3 of them). Is it possible to merge those drives for the installation. I also have some external drives - but I can't delete the whole contents of the drives, can I boot off those somehow?

I have noticed the way torrents work the more you are able to seed (to a point) the faster your download will be. I can send the sys log but I looked at it before and I did not see anything useful. I will look again now that it kind of worked for a brief second this last time

Alas I still have 9 hrs left on 10.5.5 :)

Try turning off the wireless before sleeping. Or the bluetooth. You're so close, I can only wonder if it's a driver problem after you've woken up.

I got ideneb 10.5.5 finally downloaded so will try a vanilla install tomorrow morning (off to sleep now) and will let everyone here know how i get on.

good idea too unaclocker about doing a tail -f on the logs folder to see if we can capture what is going on upon a sleep and resume.

I used the Kalyway install and the power management aspect worked fine, only the battery time remaining said "calculating...", but the % value was there...

Just used your files for GMA950 card, and wifi...

Just my desktop does not automatically mount USB drives when i put in a USB device, and my bluetooth isn't working...

Sleep works, but haven't tried shutdown or restart...

I used the Kalyway install and the power management aspect worked fine, only the battery time remaining said "calculating...", but the % value was there...

Just used your files for GMA950 card, and wifi...

Just my desktop does not automatically mount USB drives when i put in a USB device, and my bluetooth isn't working...

Sleep works, but haven't tried shutdown or restart...

SLEEP WORKS?! Which Kalyway are you using? Which version of OS X? 10.5.?

I would be interested to see which Kalaway distro that was. Sounds interesting. Also on the battery scroll up this page and look for a post I did that has a file called MiniBattery.zip. That fixed the exact problem you are talking about. It has two files I would back both up just in case it effects your sleep. But definitely worth a try. Not ure about USB. If you can detail the disco more that would be great.

My 10.5.5 iso is almost done will try soon I hope.

Also with the existing setup here is a screen shot of the tail when it comes back from sleep. I/O errors from boot disk.

also strange this doesn't make it into the sys log so the writer thread must be stopping.

post-108948-1222396433_thumb.jpg

It would be great if someone can do a distribution ready to install like MSIWindosx86.iso for the MSI wind ?

:wacko::P

Wich is the best distribution for this dell mini inspiron ? iAktOS, Kalyway, Ideneb ???

Thanks a lot

Travon

Type11 when you try out ideneb 10.5.5 make sure you have the ICH7/8/9 chipset drivers ticked or your dell will refuse to boot!

I still think iatkos is the best suited one so far but going to keep trying with ideneb.

One further thing to add is sleep still does not work and nor does my coolbook now!

connect_kb.jpg

I installed with iDeneb 1.1 which is 10.5.4, install went fine and it booted up with this peculiar message. The keyboard and the mouse did not work. I had selected the usb fix, so I'm doing a re-install without the usb fix this time around. We'll see if that solves the problem. Very strange issue..