JaS OSx86 10.5.4 Client Server Intel SSE2 SSE3

vitalyk

123 posts in this topic

"Finally after much hard work and effort, repackaging / cutting driver to have the most stable release I could, along with months of hard work my version of OS X for Intel based systems is ready. This release features upgrading from the customize installation menu along with StageXNU (SSe2 SSe3 kernel thx everyone in xnu-chat for keeping older hardware alive with this great kernel) , NVKush (thx Diabolik) , chameleon (thx zef & Kabyl), SMBIOSResolver (thx Superhai), SMBIOS (thx iGuru) The whole range of Radeon HD Series drivers (thx netkas and lastExile). HDA drivers (thx Taruga) Along with the standard drivers usually found in other leopard install dvds.This release does not include any apps/mods to the UI. Also this is a OS X 10.5.4 Server (thx for the packages f41qu3 and SJobs) / Client installation dvd. Installation of Server will require a valid serial that I have not included. The base for this release was built with slipstream (thx Dense). DVD art by Realityiswhere.

Thanks to everyone over at irc.osx86.hu , irc.moofspeak.net , hackint0sh.org , insanelymac , and osx86scene.

Remember the point of this is to have some fun and learn a bit if we can. Also to help each other out, remember " no one left behind that can be supported" this is our motto and our creed."

My JaS 0Sx86 10.5.4 Server Install :) :

 ASUS P5B Deluxe  Zalman TNN 500AF  CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 6700 2.66GHz @ 2.67GHz [SSE3/PAE/XD/EST/VMX/EM64T/DualCore] L2 Cache: 4096K FSB: 1064MHz RAM: 445.0MB/4.0GB [❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❙] Disk: 120.04GB/4.77TB Display: GeForce (PCIe) [256 MB/QE/CI/QGL] 1920x1200@60Hz Audio: Azalia OS: Mac OS X Server 10.5.4 (9E17) Kernel: Darwin 9.4.0

30de1060be21e6bdf84661d6fd8a1e70.png

You know this is server?

Actually Server is only a choice in the installation. You can install only the client/regular Mac OS X also.

So 10.5.4 or if you want you can install 10.5.4 Server.

" Actually Server is only a choice in the installation. You can install only the client/regular Mac OS X also.

So 10.5.4 or if you want you can install 10.5.4 Server."

NICE options.

But, Few snapped images will be great.

Wanna know if default Stock 10.5.4 Kernel has been added ? Also, interested in restart/shut down issues with Stock Kernel.

More information , please.

I've no where seen X1950Pro support although its one of the stickies in the Graphics forum , the driver has been available for a year and no one included it , it'd be nice if somebody could tell me its there.

Yes, it's there. Cheers!

toshiba A15, 2.4 ghz celeron, SSE2 only

install (with no special drivers checked) went fine.... then rebooted....

but then when i see the apple logo it automatically restarts every time...

any help would be really appreciated!

10.4.8 JaS installs fine and boots into the OS

The install fails on two computers when I select any of the ATI drivers (2900, 3850, 3870) with an error. It has something to do with "HD2600 PCI-E Post-install Script."

If I don't select any of the ATI drivers, the install goes smoothly but won't boot with video; only left with corruption. I tried to install the drivers manually without any luck.

Any ideas?

Okay so bug I am fixing with the ppf. When I get the proper feedback I will post it.

1. name the hdd one word and the install script wont fail. I will see about fixing this with the ppf.

2. Will add better ps/2 support today.

3. Will try and see why some users are getting a boot error. I can not reproduce this here but will try and fix it just the same.

4. Will add in gma support. Some ppl don't feel they should install these packages on first boot.

JaS x1400 mobility support kext isn't working it gives me black screen after the system logs in. the previous kext was supplied by me so heres the proper one

ATIRadeonX1000.kext.zip

Also if you could add the Cardbus/PCMCIA Drivers here the LINK

one more thing here the fix for laptop keyboard and trackpad by Chun-Nan ApplePS2Controller.zip if you could add this aswell thanks!!!

ok, i was stupid i didn't select one of the kernals when I installed.... i'm new to this but good with computers... now i don't have the reboots at startup anymore, awesome... one step closer...

buti tried both kernals and OSX freezes at the apple logo after sucessful install. the diagnostic mode said something about the "root device not found"

i found some info on this error and apparently you need to switch around your jumps and such, but my computer is a laptop and i can't change anything, anyone have any solutions?

btw - JaS 10.4.8 did not give me this error

JaS is this what you meant that my HD name needs to be ONE WORD?, i named mine "Macintosh HD" i will try to install again later this evening with only one word

if not, anyone know what could be wrong? or where i could look for help?

hardware: Toshiba A15 laptop, 2.4 ghz SSE2 only

also anyone ever get this laptop's LAN and sound to work in tiger? i had problems with that

4. Will add in gma support. Some ppl don't feel they should install these packages on first boot.

It looks like a fine release !

Well I see no X3100 drivers ? I guess it's the same as the GMA (950) you mentioned before ?

I hope it will work because I had to use the Leo graphics update to get them working through 10.5.2 -) 10.5.3 -) 10.5.4 but isn't that just for OSX 10.5.2 ?

ok, i was stupid i didn't select one of the kernals when I installed.... i'm new to this but good with computers... now i don't have the reboots at startup anymore, awesome... one step closer...

buti tried both kernals and OSX freezes at the apple logo after sucessful install. the diagnostic mode said something about the "root device not found"

i found some info on this error and apparently you need to switch around your jumps and such, but my computer is a laptop and i can't change anything, anyone have any solutions?

btw - JaS 10.4.8 did not give me this error

JaS is this what you meant that my HD name needs to be ONE WORD?, i named mine "Macintosh HD" i will try to install again later this evening with only one word

if not, anyone know what could be wrong? or where i could look for help?

hardware: Toshiba A15 laptop, 2.4 ghz SSE2 only

also anyone ever get this laptop's LAN and sound to work in tiger? i had problems with that

If you have a space in the name, then you have more than one word - try something without spaces

If you have a space in the name, then you have more than one word - try something without spaces

okay im stuck . i put in the serial and saids validating the serial i am stuck on that screen? how do i fix this?