LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phenom&AMD

246 posts in this topic

it worked!!!

when i boot with -v i can log in, but when i restart again a can't boot.

I can boot only if i type -v.VEEERY STRANGE!!!!

Also i have no network, but the strange think again is that i can see my ethernet at the network panel

when i am installing i choose the above drivers:

skge driver - this is for my network card

ALC882 - for Audio

ATI 2600 pro - for my graphic card

is that right???

Have you configured the network adapter? or is it still set to manually connect in the network manager?

The drivers for the LAN and audio are correct. You didn't say what graphics card you have, but if you have the ATI 2600 pro then your right.

hello

i have a hp pavilion dv6880 laptop and i want to install mac os x .

if i download & install  Phenom & AMD 10.5.4 on my laptop , is this work great for me ? 

this is my laptop info

cpu type : intel core 2 duo 2500 MHz

cpu instruction set : x86 , x86-64 , MMX , SSE , SSE2 , SSE3 , SSSE3 , SSE4.1

L2 Cache : 6Mb

motherboard chipset : intel crestilne GL960/GM965/PM965

Ram : 4096Mb DDR2 667

Graphic : Nvidia Geforce 8400GS 256Mb

HDD : 320Gb Sata & an External HDD ( 320Gb too )

hello

if i download & install Phenom & AMD 10.5.4 on my laptop , is this work great for me ?

this is my laptop info :

LOL no.

This WILL not work. Notice how in the title, it says 'Phenom & AMD'?

Well, Phenoms and AMDs are processors. You have an Intel processor.

Therefore, you do NOT have the correct processor for this distro. So,

yeah. You might wanna try something else. Idk what, as I don't look

at Intel distros. ^_^

Bottom line - Phenom & AMD 10.5.4 will NOT work for you. -_-

hello

if i download & install  Phenom & AMD 10.5.4 on my laptop , is this work great for me ? 

this is my laptop info

I can not give you a definite answer as if it will work or not. Other people have had a dificult time installing on that board with other discs. ? You can just try it, if it works great, if it doesn't come back and let us know where you stuck and then we can go from there. If you are planning on install to your internal hard drive and dual booting you should probably check out the dual forum here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showforum=104

how did you get the onboard lan tot work?? have the same mainboard aswel....

Check out this thread it might help you:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=40851

LOL no.

This WILL not work. Notice how in the title, it says 'Phenom & AMD'?

Well, Phenoms and AMDs are processors. You have an Intel processor.

Therefore, you do NOT have the correct processor for this distro. So,

yeah. You might wanna try something else. Idk what, as I don't look

at Intel distros. :blink:

Bottom line - Phenom & AMD 10.5.4 will NOT work for you. :)

Just because the release was made for install on AMD does not mean it will not work on intel. Other people have had successful installs on Intel. If you remeber real macs use Intel so the closer you are the a real mac hardware the easier it is.  BUT if it reboot automatically then its not going to work.

hello

if i download & install Phenom & AMD 10.5.4 on my laptop , is this work great for me ?

this is my laptop info :

My advice would be to just download several releases, actually download all current versions you can get your hands on and try them all until you have a nicely working version. Also search the wiki HCL for your hardware, your graphics card probably is no problem, sound might be a problem and if you have Intel wifi you're pretty much screwed. I tried 4/5 release before finally getting it to work problemfree with this release. Let the forum search function be your best friend before asking new questions, it will save you a lot of flame throwing :D

Just because the release was made for install on AMD does not mean it will not work on intel. Other people have had successful installs on Intel. If you remeber real macs use Intel so the closer you are the a real mac hardware the easier it is. BUT if it reboot automatically then its not going to work.

Oh rly? K, then. Thanks, I guess.

Sorry. I'ma noob. Jeez. Don't blame me.

first off great job! it successfully installed on my system (im a total noob to mac stuff)! but i have 2 problems....

1st. both 1gb (ddr2 800mhz-1066mhz) sticks of ram are registering as 400mhz!! making it run really fricken slow...

2nd. my wireless card (PCI Card 802.11b/g/n ENLWI-N by Encore) is not working completely. i installed the drivers that the wiki said to and the utility is working!... but, the OS is not registering that there is a wireless or airport card and is giving me no options but strangely i now have 2 Ethernet port options!

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ @ 2.0 ghz (now)

Motherboard: MSI K9A2 Platinum

Graphics Card: Nvidia XFX 7600 GT

Memory: 2gb DDR2 @800mhz (now)

first off great job! it successfully installed on my system (im a total noob to mac stuff)! but i have 2 problems....

1st. both 1gb (ddr2 800mhz-1066mhz) sticks of ram are registering as 400mhz!! making it run really fricken slow...

2nd. my wireless card (PCI Card 802.11b/g/n ENLWI-N by Encore) is not working completely. i installed the drivers that the wiki said to and the utility is working!... but, the OS is not registering that there is a wireless or airport card and is giving me no options but strangely i now have 2 Ethernet port options!

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ @ 2.0 ghz (now)

Motherboard: MSI K9A2 Platinum

Graphics Card: Nvidia XFX 7600 GT

Memory: 2gb DDR2 @800mhz (now)

System profiler just shows the RAM slower and it does on mine to, but the RAM is running at the right speed. If you've noticed your processor shows up has only having one core but if the activity monitor shows the graph for two cores. You can change the profiler so it has the right info, just follow this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...4&hl=smbios

The Encore ENLWI-N wireless card is a Ralink RT2860 chipset and Ralink codes the drivers for OS X themselves which is the miror the wiki provides. So they should work no problem. Here is the driver:

http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/data/drivers/..._2007_11_26.dmg

It is the same driver provided by the wiki. Try downloading again and reinstalling.

ok guys,

i installed succesfully but....when it boots up for the first time i get the grey screen with the apple sign with somekind of warning sign on the apple, and then it just stops.....

what am i doing wrong??

my configuration is:

mainboard: asus m3a

vga card : asus en8800gts 256 mb

sata hdd and sata dvd drive

2 gb ram dual channel

my bios i set to default settings.....

Installed succesfully! ;)

Specs:

ASUS nForce 4 A8N-SLI

AMD Athlon64 4000+ (Sempron I believe it is :D)

nVidia Geforce 7800GT

WD 80GB PATA

Everything works, system looks stable, only the nVidia driver I chose doesn't seem to work?

So I'll need to update that one...

But it's looking very good, thanks! :D

(Even software update works, couldn't imagine that with the kalyway version :P)

ok guys,

i installed succesfully but....when it boots up for the first time i get the grey screen with the apple sign with somekind of warning sign on the apple, and then it just stops.....

what am i doing wrong??

my configuration is:

mainboard: asus m3a

vga card : asus en8800gts 256 mb

sata hdd and sata dvd drive

2 gb ram dual channel

my bios i set to default settings.....

When you boot the hard drive press F8 and type "-x -v" without quotes. Record the last line of the if your still not able to boot.

Installed succesfully! ;)

Specs:

ASUS nForce 4 A8N-SLI

AMD Athlon64 4000+ (Sempron I believe it is :()

nVidia Geforce 7800GT

WD 80GB PATA

Everything works, system looks stable, only the nVidia driver I chose doesn't seem to work?

So I'll need to update that one...

But it's looking very good, thanks! :(

(Even software update works, couldn't imagine that with the kalyway version :P)

I had the same problem. Here is the download link the nVidia Universal Installer:

http://zack.phatoproductions.com/downloads...taller.mpkg.rar

Follow this thread if you need any help installing it:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ersal+installer

When you boot the hard drive press F8 and type "-x -v" without quotes. Record the last line of the if your still not able to boot.

I had the same problem. Here is the download link the nVidia Universal Installer:

http://zack.phatoproductions.com/downloads...taller.mpkg.rar

Follow this thread if you need any help installing it:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ersal+installer

yes!! able to boot, i got the line called ioblocked someting... :( , then i installed it on a pata disk instead of sata, and then it worked!!, have to test it out if everything works....lan works, nvidia card works ( only at 1024-768 )..

hmm lets see if i can do a dual boot with vista.... ;)

mickeymouse: did you install the nvidia driver and apporpriate NVInject at Installation time?

As for my current experience, I finally got wireless working on my install. I bought an ASUS WL-138G V2 from newegg and installed that. It would not work with the customized Broadcom kext that gets installed with this release. I used Pacifist to open up the package of 4Minds 10.5.4 combo update and took a "virgin" kext from there (IO80211Family.kext). After that OS X detected the card as airport and it ran fine.

My current problem is that I ran software update and now OS X will no longer boot. Among the updates were Itunes, Quicktime, Airport Update, and a Security update. I tried booting in safe mode and it doesn't work. Verbose mode stops after the point where it detects two NTFS volumes (my other drives) so i am not sure what the problem is nor how to roll back. I might just format AGAIN and start over.

mickeymouse: did you install the nvidia driver and apporpriate NVInject at Installation time?

As for my current experience, I finally got wireless working on my install. I bought an ASUS WL-138G V2 from newegg and installed that. It would not work with the customized Broadcom kext that gets installed with this release. I used Pacifist to open up the package of 4Minds 10.5.4 combo update and took a "virgin" kext from there (IO80211Family.kext). After that OS X detected the card as airport and it ran fine.

My current problem is that I ran software update and now OS X will no longer boot. Among the updates were Itunes, Quicktime, Airport Update, and a Security update. I tried booting in safe mode and it doesn't work. Verbose mode stops after the point where it detects two NTFS volumes (my other drives) so i am not sure what the problem is nor how to roll back. I might just format AGAIN and start over.

i think security update changed your kernel!!!!!

Any ideas guys?

I have tried installing the silicon images driver to... But if i boot with -v it says 0 units found en shutsdown the complete Sata controller ( You hear the drives turning of and stop spinning). After that it just reboots.

i owuld remove the pcgenusb kext and the intelcpumanagement.kext if it still didnt boot

dont forget to boot with -v -f after that

hello guys,

I have tried so many times to install Phenom Edit. but it dosen't work.

can you please help me out. My PC is :

CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition

MB : ASUS CrossHair II

RAM : 8GB DDR2 1066

Video : 2x XFX nVIDIA GF 9600GT 1GB DDR3

HDD : 3.00TB SATA

Opt.Drives : 1x IDE DVD , 1x SATA ASUS DVD

Please Help me.

Hi! I tried your distro... but I can't get past the boot sequence... I get an error on the Loading of the Firewire... then I get a Waiting For Boot Device message...

My Specs are

ACER 4520G Laptop

AMD TurionX2 TL-55

Chipset is nVidia MCP67MV

I setup my BIOS so that it is in AHCI mode and not IDE... does this affect the installation?

Thanks!

hey guys can i have some help ? i have the following system : Ga-Ma-790FX-Ds5 (motherboard) with latest bios F6 / AMD 6400+ (BE) / GeCube 2600 Pro 512MB DDR2 / Corsair RAM DDR2 2GB KIT 6400C5DHX i try to set my HD to AHCI-SATA thing and it didn't work i still get the "Waiting for root device" thing... on ide (legacy ide or native ide) the hard disk activity led is on but still the same error , on the other hand when i set it to AHCI-SATA thing the hard driver on some point stop working like you pull its power cord , another kext maybe ?

Install ok.

Boot ok

Audio OK...Azalia work ok on this lap :)

Web cam on lap work

Lan not work: Marvell Yukon

Ati HD3200 not now on 1024x768

Help please.

Lap spec:

HP 6735s

AMD Athlon64 X2 QL60 (Puma) 1.9GHz/3600FSB/2x512kB

1024MB DDR2 667MHz

160GB SATA 5400rpm

ATI Mobility Radeon HD3200