LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phenom&AMD

246 posts in this topic

ok. i googled a lot and there is a lot of need from the toshiba satellite a200-210-215 users. i think they will appriciate it alot if there is a working version.

i will send you all the stuff i find out about getting it working

thanks i really appreciate it

well without your dvd i wasnt even able to boot the installer, so i thank you. i will help you as good as i can to get much more hardware working. its always hard for someone to fix stuff for hardware which he hasnt access to.

im also alot in designing, if you need any help maybe with website or logo, let me know

Thanks alot! Works Fine on my system:

AMD X2 6000+

4GB DDR2 Ram

Geforce 8800

ASUS M2avm hdmi

only problem is about this mac info showing 1 core cpu ...its suppose to 2 core

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: System Product Name

Processor Name: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+

Processor Speed: 3 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 1 -_-

L2 Cache: 1 MB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3 CX16

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 200 MHz

all im getting is '' still waiting for root device .'' any idea's ?

did you click on customize during install then select your chipset????

L8rs

LawlessPPC

Thanks alot! Works Fine on my system:

AMD X2 6000+

4GB DDR2 Ram

Geforce 8800

ASUS M2avm hdmi

only problem is about this mac info showing 1 core cpu ...its suppose to 2 core

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: System Product Name

Processor Name: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+

Processor Speed: 3 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 1 ;)

L2 Cache: 1 MB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3 CX16

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 200 MHz

This is a very common problem unless you are running a real mac you need to edit the smbios.kext there are plenty of postings about it. If you go into activity monitor it will show you a usage graph for each core.

L8rs

LawlessPPC

hiya this is before the dvd even gets to setup .

EXACT Spec is

AMD Phenom 8450 X3 @2.1GHZ

3GB DDR2 667 Kingston Ram

ATI Radeon HD 3650 256MB

160GB SATA Samsung HDD

Acer DVD+-RW SATA ........ ( IDE AVAILBLE IN SEPERATE DRIVE )

Realtek 8139 PCI Card ( Sweex LC1011)

Asrock ALiveNF7G-HD720p R1.0 Motherboard

Hey!

i have tried to use all kinds of releases and with this one i can boot the dvd! first time on my laptop

MiTAC

Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 3200+ 1.6Ghz

1024GB DDR2 667Mhz

Ati Mobility Radeon x1100 / 200M , Dedicated up to 256MB

60GB Samsung Hdd Sata2

SCSI DVD and got a USB Lenovo Multiburner

Atheros 5006EG Wlan

Realtek Sound and Gigabit Lan (8139) card,

and chipset on this laptop is ATi, ATi Mobo .

uhm but the thing is while i'm booting the DVD,

and after " RTL8139::fixEnetFlowcontrol - Flow Control is disabled"

its says "Still waiting for root device"

i'm gonna check with -x at booting next reboot, and i can say also that i have Bios from Insyde, so i got almost nothing to change in bios. thats booring. anyways ! ty for this release, gonna check if i can get it going :)

EDIT-

Not working to boot with -x , same problem with the "still waiting for root device" :(

what shall i do then? i can't turn of or turn on something in bios because of the insyde bios,

DVD boots fine, no dramas.

I am able to select the options I need in the customisation (SB, ALC888, NVInject 512), and the installation completes, and the machine restarts.

This is where I run into problems......

After the installation is complete, if I boot the machine without the DVD in the drive, I only get the following on the display:

boot0: GPT

boot0: HFS+

boot0: booting

boot0: done

boot1: error

and the machine hangs.

If I reboot with the DVD in the drive, I get the usual (press F8 to boot from DVD yadda yadda yadda), then the machine starts booting with the white screen, pinwheel, etc, then after a few seconds, it just reboots.

I can select boot options when the DVD is in the drive, but this will not be much use, as the only boot device shown is the DVD. There is no chance to select boot options when booting without the DVD in the drive.

Config:

MSI K9A2 CF (SB600, ALC888, RTL8169)

Athlon 64 X2 4200

8GB RAM

NVidia 8500GT

DVD boots fine, no dramas.

I am able to select the options I need in the customisation (SB, ALC888, NVInject 512), and the installation completes, and the machine restarts.

This is where I run into problems......

After the installation is complete, if I boot the machine without the DVD in the drive, I only get the following on the display:

boot0: GPT

boot0: HFS+

boot0: booting

boot0: done

boot1: error

and the machine hangs.

If I reboot with the DVD in the drive, I get the usual (press F8 to boot from DVD yadda yadda yadda), then the machine starts booting with the white screen, pinwheel, etc, then after a few seconds, it just reboots.

I can select boot options when the DVD is in the drive, but this will not be much use, as the only boot device shown is the DVD. There is no chance to select boot options when booting without the DVD in the drive.

Config:

MSI K9A2 CF (SB600, ALC888, RTL8169)

Athlon 64 X2 4200

8GB RAM

NVidia 8500GT

Try my response on infinitemac

To those with the still waiting for root device error. This is caused by an ide/pata/sata driver/kext not being loaded.

Your dvd drive will read data by default just relying on the bios. But once any os removes it dependency from the bios for driving hardware it needs a driver to take control. Where the error refers to root it mean whichever disk you are booting as your current OS. So during install Root would be the dvd and for normal booting of a machine root would be your OSX partition on your hardrive.

So this means a few things!!!!

For a DVD install your system can read data off the disk up to the point the bios dependencies are dropped. Then suddenly the system can no longer even see the DVD and has lost access to root therefore says its waiting because it knows its there but cant access it. This is exactly the same when booting from an installed partition just change DVD in the previous sentences to hardrive.

So now to the causes.

In the case of a DVD boot the reasons for not loading an drivers are many. It could be bad media (very likely), Burning DVDs at too high a speed (Very likely(not all DVD's can be burnt at the rated speed) Read Errors (likelyish (caused by dirty media or bad read lens on Writer). Last but not least the driver you need for your system is not included on the DVD (quite likely). In the case of a Hardrive if you have managed to install OSX we know a driver exists for it on the DVD. So the reasons are less. First you went click crazy and just kept hitting next during the install and didnt click the customize button to select your chipset (ide/pata/sata controller). It could be you have wrongly identified your chipset so selected the wrong one. Its possible you selected more than one chipset.

The golden rules are when you have burnt your DVD make sure you dont apply any options to it other than making sure its finalized and get the burning software to verify the DVD after burning. Always buy good quality media.

Also another really important one is dont just post it doesnt work or you have any problems without stating what you system comprises of. This does not just mean saying what make or brand of system or motherboard. If you have issues I or others need to know exactly what the make and model of the chips are.

EG My chipset is SB600 (this is an ati chipset but they make many so I need to know the model)

My Audio chips are Realtek ALC888 (they make loads of audio chips so the model is really important)

If after doing some research you still cannot identify what chips are used then please post the fact with atleast the make and model of motherboard or card etc.

Thanx In Advance

LawlessPPC

In my AMD system, I have 2 DVD drives and for some reason I'll get that "Still waiting for root device" message from one DVD drive but not from the other. No idea why--it appears that both drives function correctly. If you do have two drives, try the other one! Both are plugged into the same Parallel ATA cable, one as master one as slave. The Master is the one that works. Maybe OS X doesn't recognize the slave drive right off the installer without full chipset installation.

okey here is a report from Lavalys Everest about my laptop, its got more info.

Your chipset according to the report is ATI SB450

I can only find support for IDE/PATA for this chipset try looking for sb400 or sb450 kexts. If you find one that works or says it works for sata let me know

Thanx In Advance

LawlessPPC

Your chipset according to the report is ATI SB450

I can only find support for IDE/PATA for this chipset try looking for sb400 or sb450 kexts. If you find one that works or says it works for sata let me know

Thanx In Advance

LawlessPPC

okey, great :(

uhm, i found this, interesting.

"Run from dvd with -v option an see what chipset are using for installation. then check it at install options.

For example.. I have an SB450, but when I installed I could see "ATA VIA chipset".. so, first time installed I dont check "VIA CHIPSET" and when I reboot ... "Still waiting for root device" message occurred.

Second time install, I check this opcion (VIA Chipset) and... leopard is running :(

Sorry for my English. I hope your leopard running :)"

i'm gonna look for "VIA CHIPSET" kexts he used , this maybe can help abit, but i'll try look for a ATi SB400-50 kexts aswell :)

there is a few topics about SB450 chipset Sata in here. but thats on Desktops mobo.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...or+ATI+Chipsets

http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t25651.html

Had no reports but a tri -core is just a failed quad anyway so in theory provided you meet all other criteria it should work fine

I don't see how it's a failed quad core, that's like saying a dual core is a failed quad core...>_>

It is odd though that AMD went with an odd number of cores in the phenom...

I don't see how it's a failed quad core, that's like saying a dual core is a failed quad core...>_>

It is odd though that AMD went with an odd number of cores in the phenom...

I suggest you do the research!!!!!

Why do you think AMD released Tri Core after Quad??

How do processors get their speed rating???? 1 Wafer of silicon all manufactured the same way produces CPU's of different reliable speed. The chips are tested to see what they will run at. The higher speeds are less common so thats why they are more expensive

I am getting this,

Kernel_Panic-1p0f.png

when I want to run iFreeMem.

Any suggestions?

Im sorry but I know absolutely nothing about your system or iFreeMem. This is just too generic please provide more information. When people make posts like this its the equivalent of ringing up the doctor and just saying my finger hurts why?

Perhaps Marvin may rectify the problem? Perhaps its simply not compatible with hacks??

I suggest you do the research!!!!!

Why do you think AMD released Tri Core after Quad??

How do processors get their speed rating???? 1 Wafer of silicon all manufactured the same way produces CPU's of different reliable speed. The chips are tested to see what they will run at. The higher speeds are less common so thats why they are more expensive

I didn't say anything about the frequencies of the cpus, or price. I just don't see how the tri-core cpus are failed quad cores, when 3 cores were implemented on purpose. AMD released Tri-core for a couple of reasons.

1.To expand the market from dual core, and quad core solutions.

2.For those who want more than a dual core system, but can't go out for a quad core system.

3.These are more or less low value cpus when you look at them.

I suggest you try to make your response sound less like a wikipedia answer...Not saying that's where the info came from, but it sounds like a wiki article imo...>_>