LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phenom&AMD

246 posts in this topic

Any ideas on the graphics problem? I got Everything working but this.

sorry for the late reply been working hard not had time to come on. If you can run the install for your card on to any blank drive even if its a usb stick. The from there I would go to the files its dumped on the drive and manually install these files. Then repair permissions and reboot.

The reason for this is some of the installers wont over write/ down grade files. So you can end up with a mix of mac official drivers as well as the ones your trying to install and this can be a mess. Let me know how you get on

@ Keldek thanks for a very detailed response Gr8

hey, i'm new in this forum... today i tried to install Leo4allV3 10.5.2 i think, and it install fine, as much as i doubted it, restarts, then, when darwin is loading the modules needed to run OSX (i guess.) it hangs in the end, but i can ear a song, which i believe, is the startup one or from a video (if theres a video at the begining).

My sys specs are :

Processor : AMD 64 +3500 @ 2.2Ghz - It's a Single core.

Memory : 2x512MB DDR 400Mhz

Graphics : Nvidia Geforce 6600 TD 256MB (more than enough i guess).

2 HD's with NTFS : which don't give me errors at boot (doesn't give me an error like NTFS (X,X) not mounted or wtvr)

Motherboard : ASUS A8N-SLI NFORCE 4 CHIPSET

1 NEC DVD-RW : IDE

1 ASUS DVD-RW : SATA

For sound, i use both cards i have, and they seem to be working fine, which are

- The integrated one, AC97 i believe and a CMEDIA USB Soundcard, which is assumed as the MAIN soundcard, cause i only ear the music from this source...

PS : i know this release is not Leo4all, but you might have an answer to me :) btw : Processor doesn't handle SSE3, but it handles SSE2 and SSE)... if this release, is better than Leo's, i might download it... if i find a link... if u have one PM me please :)

Peace

EDIT : bah, tried with the f ;) cking SATA devices, and extra IDE's not connected, which it doesn't work too... and i only get sound output if using USB Soundcard... please someone has a clue on this, answer me please.

When you get to the darwin boot screen try booting with -x this enables safe mode and should take you to a desktop where you can try drivers

I'm wondering whether or not my SATA disc drive will work with this, Zephyroth didnt work but Leo4All did but Leo4All Crashed a lot. I believe the nForce 4 SLI AMD (GA-K8N-SLI)'s sata driver is not working properly. My CPU is a AMD Atholon 64 x2 3800+ S939. Also does the 7600gt have the correct drivers and last-time OS X would crash when watching a movie with VLC

sorry for the late reply been working hard not had time to come on. If you can run the install for your card on to any blank drive even if its a usb stick. The from there I would go to the files its dumped on the drive and manually install these files. Then repair permissions and reboot.

The reason for this is some of the installers wont over write/ down grade files. So you can end up with a mix of mac official drivers as well as the ones your trying to install and this can be a mess. Let me know how you get on

I have tried using NVKush rather than NVinject and this make no difference :/

Using EFISTUDIO also doesn't fix this problem. Like I said though it is only with QE/CE turned on :/

If this works then I finally have it working 100% :) hehe

Hey, Lawless. I know this isn't the place to post questions like

this, and I'm sorry but there are absolutely no answers to my

question besides re-formatting my whole HDD. I'd rather not,

as my dad would be very mad. Lol.

Jun 13 12:06:05 localhost kextd[47]: root file system is read only: skipping kernel link data generation

Jun 13 12:06:30 localhost Directory Service[53]: Launched Version 5.2 (v514.4)

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=41[configd] clearing CS_VALID

Apple16X50ACPTI1: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR1

Apple16x50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16

MaxBaud=115200

NTFS driver 2.1[Flags: R/O]

NTFS volume name , version 3.1

I get that error while trying to boot yours, or any other Leopard

DVD. I know it has something to do with my NTFS partition,

obviously. But I tried several methods of fixing it with no avail.

Can you help me with my problem? You seem to know what you're

talking about (obviously) and I'm new to the Mac community. I've

tried booting it with different flags. Nothing worked. I reformatted

my Mac partition several times. Nothing. On a side note, I can boot

into the JaS Tiger 10.4.8 DVD and install it, but after the installation,

it has a Diskarb error while trying to boot. Please help me. :)

Oh, well... It's not really an error, but it hangs up on that part of

the boot up. It says something about a coreRAID not being able

to do something also, if that has anything to do with it.

EDIT: Just tried re-formatting my HDD. Did NOT work. :) I'm so sad.

All I want is Mac on my PC! Is that too much to ask?! I'm still getting

hung up on that damn NTFS deal. Jesus. :( This is uber {censored}.

This release has gotten me further then any other install disc, but it still hangs unfortunatly.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A210-10Y with an AMD Turion 64 X2, and a RX690 + SB600 chipset.

Boot parameters right now are: io=0x21 cpus=1 -s -f -v

The installer hangs after attaching AppleACPIPlatformExpert to all the threads, last message reported is:

config(42e4f20): starting on IOResources, 10

config(42e4f20): terminating

Then it spins down the DVD, and just sits there. I have so far left it there for about 20 minutes, but no go.

how is the new release coming LawlessPPC?

very slowly my free time is zero at the mo lol and im working on a flat image starting from scratch so no updates im afraid.

Hey, Lawless. I know this isn't the place to post questions like

this, and I'm sorry but there are absolutely no answers to my

question besides re-formatting my whole HDD. I'd rather not,

as my dad would be very mad. Lol.

I get that error while trying to boot yours, or any other Leopard

DVD. I know it has something to do with my NTFS partition,

obviously. But I tried several methods of fixing it with no avail.

Can you help me with my problem? You seem to know what you're

talking about (obviously) and I'm new to the Mac community. I've

tried booting it with different flags. Nothing worked. I reformatted

my Mac partition several times. Nothing. On a side note, I can boot

into the JaS Tiger 10.4.8 DVD and install it, but after the installation,

it has a Diskarb error while trying to boot. Please help me. :)

Oh, well... It's not really an error, but it hangs up on that part of

the boot up. It says something about a coreRAID not being able

to do something also, if that has anything to do with it.

EDIT: Just tried re-formatting my HDD. Did NOT work. :D I'm so sad.

All I want is Mac on my PC! Is that too much to ask?! I'm still getting

hung up on that damn NTFS deal. Jesus. :( This is uber {censored}.

ok I have no specs for your machine but heres a guess the core raid issue- do you have raid on that board?? can this be turned of in the bios. Also disable anything in bios that is not needed. Do you have a spare hardrive you can try to install on (just that drive on its own).

I have tried using NVKush rather than NVinject and this make no difference :/

Using EFISTUDIO also doesn't fix this problem. Like I said though it is only with QE/CE turned on :/

If this works then I finally have it working 100% :D hehe

Did you literaly try as I suggested or did you just run the installer?

Thanks for the great release lawless,

I installed on my machine replacing the zeph 10.5.1 release.

My system

HP M833of

Motherboard ASUS M2N68-LA

GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 Chipset

Processor AMD Phenom 9500

3 GB DDR2 RAM PC2-6400

Primary hard drive 320 GB Vista Seagate ST332082 0AS SCSI

Secondary hard drive 320 GB OS X Leopard Seagate ST332082 0AS SCSI

Graphics Card nVidia 8500 GT 256 MB

viXs puretv-u 4880 tuner

Samsung TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L

PS/2 mouse keyboard

Dlink DWA-142 Wireless card Marvell Topdog 88W8362 chipset

Working hardware:

Audio -choosing the driver for the 6 audio ports.

On board lan- nforce kexts on the install DVD didn't work. Downloaded a different one form here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=12933

Both hard drivers work- choose the NFTS support in installion so the Vista drive shows and im able to read it.

Still not working:

TV tuner card (but i wasn't expecting it to)

The graphics card sorta works my monitor is connected to it via the DVI port, but in the system profiler it shows up has only having 32 MB video ram, and the 8500GT is not listed as the graphic controller. I selected the driver for it during installation, but doesn't seem to be working. Is there something else I need to do for it? or maybe a different driver?

Wireless card

The front audio ports

If I didn't mention any other hardware it worked without any configuration.

Still not working:

The graphics card sorta works my monitor is connected to it via the DVI port, but in the system profiler it shows up has only having 32 MB video ram, and the 8500GT is not listed as the graphic controller. I selected the driver for it during installation, but doesn't seem to be working. Is there something else I need to do for it? or maybe a different driver?

Hi

Download the NVidia Universal Install package from here:

http://zack.phatoproductions.com/downloads...taller.mpkg.rar

When you are installing it, one of the screens will have a "Customize" button in the bottom left corner - click that, and select the correct one for you - the number at the end of the selection signifies the amount of memory on the card

See this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ersal+installer

@fcolling

Well, both of my HD are actually IDE including my DVD drive. As I said, mine is booting using the windows xp bootloader which transfers to Darwin to boot osx. It has been running fine for two days, but I really need to go out and buy a compatible wireless card. It seems the usb adapter I have is totally incompatible based on forum searches and google.

Right.

For me, AHCI is essential. As is being able to use Toast 9 Platinum, and all 8 GB ram.

The problems I've had with this release are:

• AHCI enabled screws the bootloader - not sure if this a general Chameleon problem, or just a problem with this particular release
  • Toast 9 Platinum crashes directly after starting - Not a problem with the release per se, but a problem with kernel 9.4, as even a Kalyway system upgraded from 9.2 to 9.4 had showed the same
  • Will core dump if all 8GB ram is installed - Not sure if this is a problem with the release or the 9.4 kernel

Other than that, I've been quite impressed with it, but I've had to go back to Kalyway 10.5.2 (With the correct system kext installed to fix the issue of non automounted USB and Firewire drives) to fix the above issues.

ok I have no specs for your machine but heres a guess the core raid issue- do you have raid on that board?? can this be turned of in the bios. Also disable anything in bios that is not needed. Do you have a spare hardrive you can try to install on (just that drive on its own).

K, man. I do not currently have another hard-drive I can test. It's

at my mom's. But I did try Leo4All (sorry) and it booted up and installed

just fine, even though it had the same errors. I disabled some stuff in

the BIOS that may have something to do with RAID and your DVD still

doesn't boot up but after the Leo4All installation, it boots up a bunch

of lines and hangs up on these. There's something about the Code

signing that totally slows my stuff down. I think I'ma try to boot it over

night so I don't have to wait and see where it goes. Lol. The processor

is still active, but not very active. Every few seconds it will blink but

that's all. Thanks for your help. :)

IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out waiting to write kernel symbols
InterfaceNamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quisce
InterfaceNamer: No network stack object (only got this once)
CODE SIGNING: cd_invalid_page: p=[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Edit: I just tried the DVD with another hard-drive. CoreRAIDServer fail

or something like that, still. There's no disabling RAID in my BIOS, but

yeah. This is gonna sound noobish of me but I was in a hurry. I'm not

even sure that the HDD was properly connected, so I just stuck in your

DVD without knowing. I was in a big ol' hurry. When I went to hook up

my main HDD, the cable wasn't properly connected to the Motherboard

so Idk if that worked or not. Do you think I should try again later?

Hi

Download the NVidia Universal Install package from here:

http://zack.phatoproductions.com/downloads...taller.mpkg.rar

When you are installing it, one of the screens will have a "Customize" button in the bottom left corner - click that, and select the correct one for you - the number at the end of the selection signifies the amount of memory on the card

See this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ersal+installer

Right.

For me, AHCI is essential. As is being able to use Toast 9 Platinum, and all 8 GB ram.

The problems I've had with this release are:

• AHCI enabled screws the bootloader - not sure if this a general Chameleon problem, or just a problem with this particular release
  • Toast 9 Platinum crashes directly after starting - Not a problem with the release per se, but a problem with kernel 9.4, as even a Kalyway system upgraded from 9.2 to 9.4 had showed the same
  • Will core dump if all 8GB ram is installed - Not sure if this is a problem with the release or the 9.4 kernel

Other than that, I've been quite impressed with it, but I've had to go back to Kalyway 10.5.2 (With the correct system kext installed to fix the issue of non automounted USB and Firewire drives) to fix the above issues.

never understood why you had any problems with this. this release was built on that motherboard

Woo! I just figured out how to do this. All I did was went

into the BIOS. On the left side there was an option to

'Restore Optimal Defaults.' So I did and it worked! I just need

to figure out how to install them damn Kexts so I can get

my PS/2 keyboard and damn Internet working. :)

never understood why you had any problems with this. this release was built on that motherboard

I think the reason I couldn't get it 100% working was because I have a non-general release BIOS, which enables AHCI. There's something weird with with the bootloader on the release, it doesn't seem to like AHCI at all. The other problems were with the 9.4 kernel, I've tried a couple of different flavours of 9.4 kernel, and they all exhibited the same problem. Getting OS X to work on an AMD platform with 8GB RAM is always gonna be tricky.......

I did like the release though, much cleaner and friendlier install than Kalyway.

WOO!!! This is the best release ever. Everything works amazingly

100% and it's all thanks to you, LawlessPPC and the entire

InsanelyMac community. I thank you all so much and I'm so happy!

Thanks for everyone's help! I can't wait for the next release,

Lawless. Are you going to release an updater or a full DVD? Because,

you know... I don't wanna go through that {censored} again. :P But do

whatever you want. I can handle it. :angel:

WOO!!! This is the best release ever. Everything works amazingly

100% and it's all thanks to you, LawlessPPC and the entire

InsanelyMac community. I thank you all so much and I'm so happy!

Thanks for everyone's help! I can't wait for the next release,

Lawless. Are you going to release an updater or a full DVD? Because,

you know... I don't wanna go through that {censored} again. :unsure: But do

whatever you want. I can handle it. :unsure:

i dont think it will be an updater as this is a complete re build and may come in a few flavours a full 8gb and a 4gb but we will see. Need to get the build running as a complete standard osx with the latest update then consult the users as to what features are best suited

Thank you for this great image, it work's like a charm!

Very very fast install, only tooks me about 37min. Kalyway needs about 3 hours.

But the only thing is that there is no driver for my video card and my lan adapter?

I use a Asus M2A-VM

greets

i dont think it will be an updater as this is a complete re build and may come in a few flavours a full 8gb and a 4gb but we will see. Need to get the build running as a complete standard osx with the latest update then consult the users as to what features are best suited

Sounds good. How will the 8GB work? Dual-layer DVDs?

That'd be nice. Get a fix for the USB Mouse-PS/2 Keyboard

combo. Lol. That'd help me a lot. ^^ Everything else works

great, man. Everything that I'd ever want. Lol. An optional

Firefox and Transmission install would be fine. I couldn't get

that dumb mac:messenger working, though. It kept saying

my password was wrong or something. Great work. ;)

Wanted to give you my respect for this release! Yesterday I tried almost all of the current versions and yours is the only working like a charm with a good working, fast installer. Thank you very much! Now all I need is a PCIe graphics card for QE + CI!

Thank you for this great image, it work's like a charm!

Very very fast install, only tooks me about 37min. Kalyway needs about 3 hours.

But the only thing is that there is no driver for my video card and my lan adapter?

I use a Asus M2A-VM

greets

I have the same mainboard and my lan works out of the box, the installer if recognised in text mode while booting up. You might need a newer BIOS because the M2A-VM has an update regarding the LAN.

Wanted to give you my respect for this release! Yesterday I tried almost all of the current versions and yours is the only working like a charm with a good working, fast installer. Thank you very much! Now all I need is a PCIe graphics card for QE + CI!

I have the same mainboard and my lan works out of the box, the installer if recognised in text mode while booting up. You might need a newer BIOS because the M2A-VM has an update regarding the LAN.

Hello!

Thanks for your answer, what do you do, that you can use the x1250 on another resolution? I only can use 1024x768 :hysterical:

Hallo,

first of all i would like to thank you for these release... it is GREAT!!!

I am trying to install to my desktop, and i don't understand which drivers should i use for the installation,

can anyone help me?

The installation is successful but I always stuck at the first boot, after the mac logo.

My setup

Asus p5w deluxe

Intel dual core E6850

4 GB ram

thanks in advance

v

Hello!

Thanks for your answer, what do you do, that you can use the x1250 on another resolution? I only can use 1024x768 :unsure:

In /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/, there's a file called,

'com.apple.Boot.plist.' Open that up and enter this,

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>

but replace the 1280x1024 with the resolution of your choice. ;)

Hallo,

first of all i would like to thank you for these release... it is GREAT!!!

I am trying to install to my desktop, and i don't understand which drivers should i use for the installation,

can anyone help me?

The installation is successful but I always stuck at the first boot, after the mac logo.

My setup

Asus p5w deluxe

Intel dual core E6850

4 GB ram

thanks in advance

v

When booting the hard driver after install hit F8 and type "-v" (without quotes). Then tell us what the last line or so says. We can't help until we know where your getting stuck at. You can also try "-x -v" (again without quotes).

When booting the hard driver after install hit F8 and type "-v" (without quotes). Then tell us what the last line or so says. We can't help until we know where your getting stuck at. You can also try "-x -v" (again without quotes).

it worked!!!

when i boot with -v i can log in, but when i restart again a can't boot.

I can boot only if i type -v.VEEERY STRANGE!!!!

Also i have no network, but the strange think again is that i can see my ethernet at the network panel

when i am installing i choose the above drivers:

skge driver - this is for my network card

ALC882 - for Audio

ATI 2600 pro - for my graphic card

is that right???