LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phenom&AMD

246 posts in this topic

macosx1cp6.jpg

macosx2gm8.jpg

macosx3bd9.jpg

This is where it stops everytime. I am wondering what the issue is... BIOS has been updated to the latest version.

I have ASUS M2N-MX 

GeForce ™6100/nForce ™430 

Have a GeForce 7600 GT PCIe

ADI 1986 HD sound

Serial and parallel ports are disabled.

I have tried ACPI 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and disabled .. same iss

Have tried both SATA and PATA drives as standalone drives... 

Strange thing is that it has come to the graphical part on the unit earlier.  :D

there lawless, ati hd 2600 mobility now works with external monitor

http://rapidshare.com/files/136107420/Driver.tgz

this packags includes alc 268 audio drivers, newer ati sb 600 drivers which reduced my boot time to 30 seconds and now it runs fast as hell(without them i wasnt even able to play a youtube video without lagging, cpu was always at 50 to 100%) and the natit.kext from netkas, which lets me at least run qe/ci via vga out.

edit:

the new ati sb 600 drivers also reduced temperature of my cpu, no more burned hands ;)

there lawless, ati hd 2600 mobility now works with external monitor

http://rapidshare.com/files/136107420/Driver.tgz

this packags includes alc 268 audio drivers, newer ati sb 600 drivers which reduced my boot time to 30 seconds and now it runs fast as hell(without them i wasnt even able to play a youtube video without lagging, cpu was always at 50 to 100%) and the natit.kext from netkas, which lets me at least run qe/ci via vga out.

edit:

the new ati sb 600 drivers also reduced temperature of my cpu, no more burned hands ;)

this is all good news. Is it just external monitor or can you switch

Thanx

LawlessPPC

tried it today too and this is where i end up:

IMG_0042Fvw2.JPG

second part of the error message:

IMG_00438G18.JPG

i had 3 partitions... one with win xp, one data/storage and a HP recovery partition. i was trying to install os x on the data/storage partition so i formated it with fat32 but the first time there was "NTFS volume name DATA, version 3.1" written besides "NTFS volume name OS, version 3.1"...

Hi,

Background:

Zephyroths 10.5.2 Rev1 and 2 boots fine but when the installations are completed and OSX boots I get the "Syncing disks. Killing all processes" error and the system reboots.

Selected options are ToH, Nforce MB, AC97 audio, Geforce drivers, MBR.

The problem with the Lawless release:

I hoped to have better luck with this release, but this DVD I cannot even get to complete the boot process to start the installation. The last text displayed are the one in the picture, after that the computer reboots.

post-270086-1218393646_thumb.jpg

The system specs are:

M/B: Asus A8N SLI Deluxe (With disabled Marvell LAN, disabled Marvell RAID, disabled FireWire).

CPU: AMD XP 3500

RAM: 2GB

GFX: XFX 6800GT on PCIExpress 16x

SATA1: WD Raptor 74GB

SATA2: WD 200GB

IDE1: DVD R/W (set to master)

Audio: M/B integrated Realtek AC97

Mouse: Razer Diamondback USB

KBD: Microsoft USB

Any ideas?

Best regards,

SWELycaon

ollyau, you have to tell us your hardware :)

The hardware for the computer I'm trying this on is:

AMD Phenom 9600

ATI Radeon HD 3850

ASUS M3A

4 GB RAM

And two other questions:

Should I only select the drivers applicable for that computer? And how can I dual boot (Leopard and Vista) once this gets working?

Thanks

-Orion

Yes!!!

I got it!!!

But 2 problems, the built in ethernet doesn't work and the video doesn't work (video works in safe mode, though).

Any drivers or something?

Video: ATI Radeon HD 3850

Motherboard: ASUS M3A

Thanks

-Orion

The hardware for the computer I'm trying this on is:

AMD Phenom 9600

ATI Radeon HD 3850

ASUS M3A

4 GB RAM

And two other questions:

Should I only select the drivers applicable for that computer? And how can I dual boot (Leopard and Vista) once this gets working?

Thanks

-Orion

Yes only select the drivers that you know are meant for your system. On the Dual Boot this is what I did. This is how I did it, of course it maybe slightly different for you.

I installed Lawless's amazing release and got it go real nice with my setup which is:

Asus M2N32SLI Deluxe Wi-Fi Edition

I used the nvidia chipset drivers, Azalia Audio (I only need 2ch anyways), Realtek RTL8187 driver for the built in Wifi, the Marvell and Nvidia lan drivers and the nvidia Kexts from 10.5.2 for my video card so everything works and all I had to do was had my video cards ID to the Geforce Kext.

Phenom 9500+

Nvidia 8800GT

4GB PC2 1066MHZ gskill memory, only shows 667mhz in About this Mac? What is it running at then?

Seagate 250GB Sata1 drive

Seagate 500GB IDE133 to Sata150 adapter drive

HP DVD Burner, burning works! I have Roxio 8 for MAC.

After getting that up I had a driver that I partitioned to MSDOS Fat and Vista found it but would not let me use it since it was not the active partition on the 250GB drive, MAC OS partition was so I used diskpart with the Vista install Disk to change the partition I was trying to use to active. Once I did that it let me install Vista Ultimate 64bit onto that partition. I then used EasyBCD to add the Mac entry with the add entry part of easybcd which was Easy :P

After that now when I boot up I get the Vista Bootload with the Option for my Mac install or Vista. I then can choose Mac OS X which takes me to the Darwin bootLoader where I can either wait the 8 secs for it to boot up Mac or pick windows from there. Pretty straight forward I think. If you need help just ask and I can help you but I just pretty much googled information I didn't know. Google really is your friend or the search feature here...when it works.

tried it today too and this is where i end up:

IMG_0042Fvw2.JPG

second part of the error message:

IMG_00438G18.JPG

i had 3 partitions... one with win xp, one data/storage and a HP recovery partition. i was trying to install os x on the data/storage partition so i formated it with fat32 but the first time there was "NTFS volume name DATA, version 3.1" written besides "NTFS volume name OS, version 3.1"...

is this after install or booting from dvd. If after install have you tried -v -f -x at darwin screen

Another thing I must mention if ppl read the readme they would see it says "if this DVD does not boot on your system it is not for your system". If it doesnt boot you could always try reviewing your bios settings. I know you should not tell it to cache Bios that really freaks OSX Clock out. Could cause all kinds of problems.

Y am italian excuse me for my english y have tried lawless PPC amd phenom when start with -v it see the hard-disk "disk major 14 minor 1" but it launches video graghic and y choose prepare the installation and y choose utility disk to format MAC OS extended journaled leopard does not see the hard-disk must Y to activate it?

The hard-disk is a western digital ata to 100 gigabytes that y have installed tiger uphuck 10.4.9 intel amd

the other information of my computer is in the signature

Thanks

Y am italian excuse me for my english y have tried lawless PPC amd phenom when start with -v it see the hard-disk "disk major 14 minor 1" but it launches video graghic and y choose prepare the installation and y choose utility disk to format MAC OS extended journaled leopard does not see the hard-disk must Y to activate it?

The hard-disk is a western digital ata to 100 gigabytes that y have installed tiger uphuck 10.4.9 intel amd

the other information of my computer is in the signature

Thanks

What chipset is this motherboard?

Guess I'm really out of luck.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 2.2GHz

Mobo: Epox 9NPA+ULTRA

Graphics: BFG GeForce 7600GT

RAM: Corsair 3 GB

Drive: NEC DVD Burner ND-3540A

My system won't even boot the DVD. It idles for a little bit at "Boot from CD" on the POST screen, then just boots XP like always.

Guess I'm really out of luck.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 2.2GHz

Mobo: Epox 9NPA+ULTRA

Graphics: BFG GeForce 7600GT

RAM: Corsair 3 GB

Drive: NEC DVD Burner ND-3540A

My system won't even boot the DVD. It idles for a little bit at "Boot from CD" on the POST screen, then just boots XP like always.

If it wont even try to boot of cd then its been burnt badly

Hmm I might try to reburn it then. All 3 of the distros I acquired do the same exact thing. They say "Booting from CD", hang, then just go to xp. I was guessing it was the burn or maybe my DVD drive was incompatible or something.

Hmm I might try to reburn it then. All 3 of the distros I acquired do the same exact thing. They say "Booting from CD", hang, then just go to xp. I was guessing it was the burn or maybe my DVD drive was incompatible or something.

wher they all on the same media try some good quality DVDRW the best ive found are memorex Ridata are reccomended aswell

I always use Ridata media. I just reburned your release at a different speed and it still wouldn't boot. Mind you, I have Leo4Allv3, your release, and Kalyway 10.5.2. None of them boot on this machine. I tried Kalyway on my intel box and it at least recognized the dvd as bootable and tried to start the installer.

Could my dvd drive, NEC ND-3540A be the issue? It is an IDE drive, not SATA.

I always use Ridata media. I just reburned your release at a different speed and it still wouldn't boot. Mind you, I have Leo4Allv3, your release, and Kalyway 10.5.2. None of them boot on this machine. I tried Kalyway on my intel box and it at least recognized the dvd as bootable and tried to start the installer.

Could my dvd drive, NEC ND-3540A be the issue? It is an IDE drive, not SATA.

try firmware update on drive and try a different drive to boot if poss

Ugh I feel so stupid. I forgot that I swapped the NEC into the Intel system. The drive on this machine is ACTUALLY a Pioneer 106D. I just updated the firmware from 1.05->1.08 so let me test it now.

EDIT: Still no dice. I'm going to do some searching around for 106D issues on the forum and if still nothing, then I will swap the NEC drive into this AMD system.

EDIT 2: I've made it to the installer with the NEC drive now. We'll see how it goes. Anyone with a Pioneer 106D drive, be wary.

EDIT 3: Ok I got LawlessPPC's release installed on my system (yay!). I just have to find out how to fix the graphics (only 1024 available), get my Linksys USB adapter working, and more importantly how to get it to boot from the hard drive. I'm getting a boot0: error on the drive when I try to boot from it. Windows XP is installed on a different drive.

I tried reinstalling Leopard this time to the same drive as Windows XP, but on a different partition. This time I couldn't get leopard to boot at all. It does the same boot0: error thing.

I followed some instructions to try to set the partition to active with the disk utility but all I see (even on my first install) is an NTFS partition (XP) and an Extended DOS partition which is where Leopard is supposed to be. This is in the fdisk utility. If I use diskutil list command it will show the Apple_HFS partition correctly.

After setting the MBR with the disk utility I instead get boot: MBR followed by boot: done and it just sits there.

EDIT: I ended up resorting to chain0 method to get my dual boot working. What occurs now on start up is the XP Bootloader asks whether to boot xp or mac os x. I select os x and it goes to the darwin boot loader. I have to press a key to get the startup options and select the osx partition manually. Otherwise, it will default to the windows partition and loop back to the xp boot loader. It works for now.

The only issue I still have is getting my WUSB54GS wireless adapter to work.