[Guide & Software] A Recipe for Delicious Leopard Soup - Now with Vanilla Flavor!

weaksauce12

1,893 posts in this topic

Ok, but is there any detailed instructions that i can follow? right now im using ubuntu 9.04, this is the only OS and i have only one HD but i had already partition the HD into 3 partitions.

thanks.

If I were you I would download the boot 132 disk, kalyway disk etc.

Boot up either the boot132 or kalyway,

When you get to the install screen hit utilities - Disk utility.

Reformat your drive, Master Boot Record - 3 partitions, name them mac, win, lin to keep things easy.

You will obviously lose your data.

-H

-f forces a reload of all the kexts...

Patrick

so if you did not do this during the update or initial installation, what effect does it have.

And will it change anything if I did i rebooted using -f now?

is it recommended?

If I were you I would download the boot 132 disk, kalyway disk etc.

Boot up either the boot132 or kalyway,

When you get to the install screen hit utilities - Disk utility.

Reformat your drive, Master Boot Record - 3 partitions, name them mac, win, lin to keep things easy.

You will obviously lose your data.

-H

Ok as matter of fact i already did that... now the thing is the restart is not working at all besides that all is working!

Any help on this??

Thanks

so if you did not do this during the update or initial installation, what effect does it have.

And will it change anything if I did i rebooted using -f now?

is it recommended?

If you've just installed a kext, or as trouble shooting, it's a useful command...

Patrick

In the middle of finals, last one is Saturday. Monday I'll post the new threads:

ES2L

DS3L

UD3P

Retail 10.5.7 + Boot-132 :(

Weaksauce12,

When you start the new threads, will you link out to them? I have learned a lot from following your threads...

quick update... I repatched the kexts and it all works as far as I see with the exception of system profiller hardware console gives me this error5/15/09 10:11:00 PM System Profiler[248] Exception while calling [sPiPlatformReporter updateDictionary:]

*** -[sPPlatformReporter marketingStringForMHz:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x3b4a00 any ideas?

Just your standard "Me too!" post. So far the Google Tech Database has failed me. I'm thinking it traces back to SMBIOS issues, as none of the custom SMBIOS kexts (whether patched Apple or separate ones like SMBIOSEFI) work under 10.5.7. So far no luck with SMBIOS.plist's either.

So,

I have updated to 10.5.7 and used uinstaller to install the ds3l package....

When I plug any external drives in, i.e. Thumb or regular exteral drive my system immediately kernal panics.

I am guessing this is because the Kernal 9.7.0 System and Seatbelt kext are not paired correctly.

My question is what version of seatbelt and system kexts are needed for 10.5.7...

AND do they go in the Extra folder in the root or in the S/L/E folder?

And is it possible to contribute to the wiki, I have some useful stuff that I can add.

EDIT: Fixed used 10.5.6 usb kexts... what a pain.

Thanks,

Haterade

Guys tomorrow Im going to the computer shop to see what they have. My friends asked me to build a few rigs for them.

I wanted to know can you please list what mainboards you are using and were able to get it work with Leopard.

To Weaksauce 12

If it is not too hard weaksauce which boards did u manage do get it working? I rememeber you had a tutorial for last 2 main boards but cant find the model here since the topic grown quite big

Guys tomorrow Im going to the computer shop to see what they have. My friends asked me to build a few rigs for them.

I wanted to know can you please list what mainboards you are using and were able to get it work with Leopard.

To Weaksauce 12

If it is not too hard weaksauce which boards did u manage do get it working? I rememeber you had a tutorial for last 2 main boards but cant find the model here since the topic grown quite big

Weaksauce12 has a wiki where you can find the information your looking for.

http://leopardsoup.pbworks.com/

But I know that he will update it very soon, with new guides.

I tried updating to 10.5.7, but I'm getting the dreaded kernel panic grey 'please restart computer' when it tries to boot into the OS. A few seconds of the Apple logo, then the panic. Weird 'cause 10.5.6 worked perfectly.

I tried doing a fresh install from another Mac using a hard drive enclosure. Loaded Retail Leopard. Then the 10.5.7 Combo Update, then all of Weaksauce's drivers. Still the same problem. I'm on the EP45-UD3P using Weaksauce's package.

Any ideas? Maybe an extra driving that I'm neglecting to install? Thanks!

I've been getting a ton of KPs lately. Once while ejecting a DVD with the eject button on the drive, not through Leopard, and a couple times while working with Final Cut, once during shutdown and once during bootup. My Kalaway setup was rock solid and coming from someone that doesn't really know how to trouble shoot, it's becoming a concern... :(

I tried updating to 10.5.7, but I'm getting the dreaded kernel panic grey 'please restart computer' when it tries to boot into the OS. A few seconds of the Apple logo, then the panic. Weird 'cause 10.5.6 worked perfectly.

I tried doing a fresh install from another Mac using a hard drive enclosure. Loaded Retail Leopard. Then the 10.5.7 Combo Update, then all of Weaksauce's drivers. Still the same problem. I'm on the EP45-UD3P using Weaksauce's package.

Any ideas? Maybe an extra driving that I'm neglecting to install? Thanks!

It's the new Audio AppleHDA.kext - temporarily move it out and you'll be able to boot - Weaksauce has the solution... or copy the AppleHDA.kext from 10.5.6

Patrick

Yah VoodooPower was causing the KP's, just a simple kext upgrade to OpenHaltRestart fixed it. May go back to VoodooPower later after I play with the settings, but for now this is stable.

Just got a MicroATX board - Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L ($52.99 on Newegg). Works great! Just add USB audio ($7.99) and it's fabulous! Time to finish the guides - UD3P, DS3L, ES2L, wheee :censored2:

I'm having this Kernel Panic issue too, looked in console and the last error before the panic is "zalloc did gc"

I looked on other forums and most people isolated it to the VoodooPower. How exactly do you do the kext upgrade to OpenHaltRestart and where do I find it? THANKS!

It's the new Audio AppleHDA.kext - temporarily move it out and you'll be able to boot - Weaksauce has the solution... or copy the AppleHDA.kext from 10.5.6

Patrick

what would be the process for this?

what would be the process for this?

Copy the Apple HDA kext (in System/Library/Extensions) onto your desktop. Install the 10.5.7 Delta Update. The system will reboot twice. First time, it will install all the new update files, the next time, it'll actually take you into the OS. On this second boot, boot with the '-x'. This is the safe mode equivalent on Mac. This should take you into the OS. (it worked for me). Then navigate to the AppleHDA kext in Systems/Library/Extensions and delete it. And replace with the one from 10.5.6 that you saved earlier. Reboot normally and you should be good to go.

Hi guys, I have an EP35-DS3P and have followed weaksauce's guide to get OS X onto my PC. It works great! Just have a couple of little problems. Here's my install order:

Boot-132 (magic CD)

Installed 10.5.6 retail onto it's own HDD, with all other drives disconnected. Reboot.

Installed 10.5.7 combo update. Reboot.

Installed all other patches via Software Update (note: the ethernet worked without any patching! Is this normal?) Reboot.

Installed the UInstaller stuff. mkext and DSDT were greyed out. Chose the Full package, and then I checked Apply Kext, Apply Extensions, Set Native Resolution (1920x1200), Install PC_EFI, Apply Ethernet EFI String.

Rebooted without the disc in the drive, and sure enough, it booted up.

Did the Screensaver fix and applied the Audio fix. Reboot.

After this, I installed the Netkas package for GTX285 and rebooted.

Problems!

1. No sound whatsoever.

2. If I click shutdown, the screen goes grey and tells me to power off the Mac with the power button.

Oh and CUDA doesn't come up on my GTX 285, but that's not a problem for this thread. :(

Can anyone step me through how to fix those two small issues? I'll have a great Hackintosh after those two are fixed! I read something about the AppleAudioHDA needing to be pulled from 10.5.6.. but I don't have 10.5.6 anymore, it's been updated. Will I need to reinstall and copy out the 10.5.6 kext before updating to 10.5.7 next time?

Also, is there a smarter way to install my GTX 285 using Uinstaller rather than the Netkas installer and driver packages?

Cheers all!

wedge

Hi guys, I have an EP35-DS3P and have followed weaksauce's guide to get OS X onto my PC. It works great! Just have a couple of little problems. Here's my install order:

Boot-132 (magic CD)

Installed 10.5.6 retail onto it's own HDD, with all other drives disconnected. Reboot.

Installed 10.5.7 combo update. Reboot.

Installed all other patches via Software Update (note: the ethernet worked without any patching! Is this normal?) Reboot.

Installed the UInstaller stuff. mkext and DSDT were greyed out. Chose the Full package, and then I checked Apply Kext, Apply Extensions, Set Native Resolution (1920x1200), Install PC_EFI, Apply Ethernet EFI String.

Rebooted without the disc in the drive, and sure enough, it booted up.

Did the Screensaver fix and applied the Audio fix. Reboot.

After this, I installed the Netkas package for GTX285 and rebooted.

Problems!

1. No sound whatsoever.

2. If I click shutdown, the screen goes grey and tells me to power off the Mac with the power button.

Oh and CUDA doesn't come up on my GTX 285, but that's not a problem for this thread. :D

Can anyone step me through how to fix those two small issues? I'll have a great Hackintosh after those two are fixed! I read something about the AppleAudioHDA needing to be pulled from 10.5.6.. but I don't have 10.5.6 anymore, it's been updated. Will I need to reinstall and copy out the 10.5.6 kext before updating to 10.5.7 next time?

Also, is there a smarter way to install my GTX 285 using Uinstaller rather than the Netkas installer and driver packages?

Cheers all!

wedge

I attached the AppleHDA Kext from 10.5.6 to this post. To get into the OS, boot with the "-x" flag, it'll get you into safe mode. Then navigate to the AppleHDA.kext in Systems/Library/Extensions and delete it. Then use Kext Helper to install the attached 10.5.6 version of the AppleHDA.kext file. Reboot normally and you should be good to go.

Audio.zip

I attached the AppleHDA Kext from 10.5.6 to this post. To get into the OS, boot with the "-x" flag, it'll get you into safe mode. Then navigate to the AppleHDA.kext in Systems/Library/Extensions and delete it. Then use Kext Helper to install the attached 10.5.6 version of the AppleHDA.kext file. Reboot normally and you should be good to go.

Thanks, Kunal! I will try that out tonight. Cheers!

hi guys. i have a perfecto setup thanks to weaksauce ds3l kit (krell something). i got a minor question. when i did the unistaller things, i set the native resolution wrong (the one for the mac logo when it appears on boot). i open uninstaller again, but its like if all changes i did are not shown in it (alhtough theye did happen in my system). if i just set the proper resolution in uninstaller and apply it, will that overwrite what i did before? or is there a wasy lo log my current uninstaller config to make that modification?

thanks guys