Mac OS X 10.4.4/5 osx86 Patched Bootable DVD

iyanic

44 posts in this topic

It has the same size with the iso that I used (although mine is called MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz). But somebody should make an md5 sum on that.

Mine is 'd0bcd93dd9b40b072dc4cc4c6111d0b0'

Does not work for me. No USB, no keyboard, no mouse. Cannot install it.
You can install it from VMware, since VMware makes your USB keyb and mouse as PS2, once installed you can boot in Native, there in Native PS2 and USB works.

My PS2 and USB mice works well in 10.4.4 and 10.4.5

I need confirmation about this Install DVD does it work? :hysterical:

[Removed link] :whistle:

No links to torrents, read Forum Rules: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=20

Can you give me a hint, what to search for, to find the pre-patched 10.4.5 DVD iso image. Maybe the file size and parts of the name. Don't post a complete URL. Thx.

You can install it from VMware, since VMware makes your USB keyb and mouse as PS2, once installed you can boot in Native, there in Native PS2 and USB works.

My PS2 and USB mice works well in 10.4.4 and 10.4.5

Can't get it to boot after installing in VMWare, any idea how to do so?

ON MY LAPTOP (hp pavilion dv5000 series):

didn't work natively for me (as in booting from the internal dvd drive of my laptop) because my ati x200 chipset isn't fully supported - i would get the "waiting for boot device" error.

so i ended up using vmware to install it at first and it worked that way.

then today, i decided to boot off of an external dvd drive through USB since my mobo for some reason doesn't recognize or boot off the firewire drive. i'm currently in the install process :P we'll see if this works. update: i guess it doesn't work since it doesn't fully suppot my chipset - can't see the hardrive :P

ON MY DESKTOP (homegrown epox nforce3 mobo & athlon 64 3000+):

worked great! booted right up and installed with my pata drives (sata is not supported natively).

good luck!

Can't get it to boot after installing in VMWare, any idea how to do so?
If you have a 10.4.3 in VMware do a bless --volume /Volumes/the_name_of_your_disk --setBoot command in Terminal, or with another partition tool make it bootable, do no use extended partitions to install Mac OS.

Are any errors appear when you try to boot?

I´ve tried to boot it but no luck.

It installs perfectly but when I reboot I got the _ cursor. Maybe the same problem of 10.4.4 when installed from the PACKAGE, the lack of darwin boot.

Any clues?

The only install I can do natively and perfecly is the 10.4.3 with Jas Patch.

10.4.4 I´ve done using the maxxus guide, but this one with Myzar patch is a no-go for me.

Do we still have to do any procedures after install?!

I know that it only installs on a HFS (10.4.3) pre formatted drive.

:)

I´ve tried to boot it but no luck.

It installs perfectly but when I reboot I got the _ cursor. Maybe the same problem of 10.4.4 when installed from the PACKAGE, the lack of darwin boot.

Not sure if this will help. When I installed 10.4.4 after applying patches to the restore disk, it also installed perfectly on a sata drive. I used disk utility in the installation to create the partition, as this was a new drive and the only one in the system.

After installation, I got the _ cursor, and nothing else.

Fortunately for me, the machine I built can boot from a usb drive, so I took the drive from an x86 laptop which is running 10.4.3, put it in an external box, and booted my desktop from it.

Once booted in 10.4.3, I entered the following:

bless -device /dev/diskXsY -startupfile /usr/standalone/i386/boot

bless -folder /Volumes/macosx-10.4.4 -bootBlockFile /usr/standalone/i386/boot1h -setBoot

where diskXsY is the device name of the 10.4.4 installation, and "macosx-10.4.4" is the named volume of my sata drive.

After the above commands, I rebooted, removed the 10.4.3 usb drive, and it booted natively in to 10.4.4 from my sata drive.

That was my adventure, hope it might help someone.

yeh i got this iso as well, 10.4.4 one , works like a charm no need for any effort , i put it in my old P4 on a 40GB hdd now when i want Windows i just boot from the other HDD and then when i want mac visa versa...but kinda pointless :P i just did it for the hell of it .. back to my iMac Core duo :D

How did the install go?

I'm booting this DVD (MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz.iso) on a T43 and it ultimately gets to the blue screen, but then hangs.

After booting with the "-v" switch, the very last entry that seems to mean anything is:

"...unable to mount /dev/disk0s1..."

I posted this question elsewhere, but just found this thread and so am running it by you guys.

Any suggestions would rock.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm booting this DVD (MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz.iso) on a T43 and it ultimately gets to the blue screen, but then hangs.

I have the same source and the same result on my ASUS A6J.

Look at my signature to see what my system is.

So here are the error I get :

VGA : Family specific Matching fails

VGA : Match category IOFrameBuffer exists

I don't think is is the biggest issue since something is displayed (blue screen with the mouse cursor )

AppleHDA.kext Failed to load : unable to locate 'layout-id' property

so any idea ?

I have the same source and the same result on my ASUS A6J.

Look at my signature to see what my system is.

So here are the error I get :

VGA : Family specific Matching fails

VGA : Match category IOFrameBuffer exists

I don't think is is the biggest issue since something is displayed (blue screen with the mouse cursor )

AppleHDA.kext Failed to load : unable to locate 'layout-id' property

so any idea ?

try booting with -x if you are able to boot move the radeon kexts out of the extension folder