Mac OS X 10.4.4/5 osx86 Patched Bootable DVD

iyanic

44 posts in this topic

Yeepee, I started Mac OS X using the -x at startup.

Then I opened the extension folder and removed the ati files. (right click "Move to trash")

In fact, the one used by the system was ATIX1000.kext

myzar Thanks for the advice.

Hi,

I have a HP dv1331se (dv1000 series). I have OSx86 installed but I have this weird problem. Sometimes when I try starting it up it hangs at a blue screen. Other times it will boot perfectly with no problems. I would say that it will hang on the blue screen 90% of the time. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I have tried booting with -f, -v, -x, and -s flags but with no luck. Thanks in advance.

Hey all, so ive got a AMD64 3200+ with 1.5gb ram on a ASUS K8VSE deluxe - Nvidia 6600GT and the whole works.. Since i run my main OS winxpPRO on my SATA drive, is it possible to use my external USB drive to install this 10.4.5 DVD on?

Also the name of the file i got was osx86_10.4.5_amd-intel_sse2-3.iso Anyone had any luck with that one?

hi everyone,

just to let you know I was able to install Mac OS X 10.4.4 [8G1165] x86 HOTISO natively. Onto the following

machine.

COMPAQ Presario 1500AU (Notebook)

Operating Systems: Mac OS X 10.4.4 [8G1165] x86 [Maxxuss] & Windows XP Professional (SP2)

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU, 2.0 GHz [sSE2]

RAM: 256MB

HDD: 60GB Toshiba [MK6025GAS] ATA [working]

Optical Drive(s): TOSHIBA DVD-ROM/CD±RW SD-R2512 ATA [working] & LaCie d2 DVD External DVD±RW (USB2) [working]

GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 [working]

NIC: Intel PRO 100/VE [working]

Audio: Built-in AC97 [working]

Netgear Wireless WG511v2 54 Mbps 802.11b/g PCMCIA [not working]

So far so good :)

Once booted in 10.4.3, I entered the following:

bless -device /dev/diskXsY -startupfile /usr/standalone/i386/boot

bless -folder /Volumes/macosx-10.4.4 -bootBlockFile /usr/standalone/i386/boot1h -setBoot

where diskXsY is the device name of the 10.4.4 installation, and "macosx-10.4.4" is the named volume of my sata drive.

After the above commands, I rebooted, removed the 10.4.3 usb drive, and it booted natively in to 10.4.4 from my sata drive.

That was my adventure, hope it might help someone.

I installed 10.4.5 from the myzar dvd (i think...), if i try to boot from the hd (not with the chain0 file) i get the cursor blinking and nothing... but I remember that during the installation, in the log there were several errors of bless usage... now if I try to boot from chain0 the system says "still waiting for root device"...

d'oh!

Not to be a whiner but is it against people's religions to compress these ISOs? bzip2 will drop this down to less than half original size.

I would be happy if someone would just post the *.iso for download instead of a torrent!

hi all

i got hold of the 10.4.5 DVD and it installed a treat. I set up the chain0 boot method but no joy. the damn thing just won't boot. the only way i can bring it up is if i set the partition i installed it on active and then boot from the DVD i installed it with. if i don't touch the countdown it boots in -v mode and comes up fine.

so i presume from this my MBR must be corrupt in some way? can any of you lovely people hold my hand (metaphorically of course) and help me get this booting from the partiotion and not the DVD?

Thanks!

I grabbed this one too, but I can't use the hack instructions to make it recognize my SATA controller.

I tried to follow the guide here

however, in this version AppleVIAATA.kext exists, but VIA SATA Controller isn't in the Info.plist file

For kicks, I tried to load the kernel extension, but it refused to load.. and said it wasn't a bundle. I also tried adding the keys and strings manually to the Info.plist file and then loading the kext, but it resulted in the same message.

I can't have it access my hdd (two partitions, SATA drive) by telling VMWare to add my physical discs (OS X won't boot if I have that drive added to VMWare) Though, since AppleVIAATA.kext already exists, I shouldn't need to give it access to my drive through VMWare I suppose..

Anyway, if anyone has a suggestion for getting this thing going, I'd be most appreciative :poster_oops:

Hardware in sig

(by the way, for those wondering if it will work on AMD machines, I saw it install the Amd_Enabler package.. so I suspect that this iso has Maxxus' patches pre-applied)

I'm sure if I had an IDE hdd I'd be using OS X now, but the SATA is tripping me up hehe

Thanks again!

Hi I running 10.4.5 using this MYZ iso DVD. Mmm so far I can use ethernet for the Internet and singel core for stablility. But I can't seem to get my audio work. I'm using i945GM chipset (ICH7) and Sigmatel HD audio. I've tried to replace AppleHDA.kext and AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and I run sudo thing and rebooted. Still cannot detect the build-in audio from System profile. Am I doing the right thing?

Anyone can help me with this? Please thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz and when I try to install it in vmware with the -v

it gives me

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, ASC = 0x24, ASCQ = 0x00

then Load of /sbin/launchd, errno 88, trying /sbin/mach_init
Load of /sbin/launchd, errno 88

then it just hangs there

I would realy appreciate help thanks.

I have the deadmoo image 10.4.1 and it works fine except that I cant install any applications or do anything :P, but it boots.

System specs:

AMD64 3000+ SSE2

MSI Nforce 4 mobo

ATI Radeon x600 pro

512mb ram

• 1 year later...

hi, i have a problem with my mac os x 10.4.4 installation its the patched dvd, i isntalled in vmware and worked perfectly a little bit slow but was ok, now that im trying to install it into my hard drive its prompts an error just after de boot in doesn´even start the freacking installer, it appears the apple and when its supose to load suddenly appears an window that says in 4 o 5 different languages that i must restart my computer and y dont know why, if any one could help that would be just great!

my pc specs are:

intel celeron D prossesor 3.06 ghz

geforce 7200 gs

1 gb ram

harddrive sata 250 gb

harddrive ide 80 gb

pc chips mother board

sorry for my bad english

thanks if anyoen can help me