Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

there is a fix for about this mac screen crashing... it requires 1-2 files i dont remember now, but tehre is a fix for that i know :D just search google, with keywords " about this mac crash fix insanelymac" dont use search function here on the forum, it sux :D

I've searched, but couldn't find it...

Could you please help me?

Anyway, it's not just the screen crash...

The Model Name and Model Identifier under System Profiler get wrong with the "Battery ACPI/SMBIOS"...

I'm using it without the battery meter... Don't know how much time I have left using the battery... =(

aww. thats sad, calling a newbie to get lost. But seriously i dont know {censored}. i just found out that dmg was a apple image file. just double clicking on it would run it. lol.

if you wanna learn things, search around, we dont need lazy asses here... your level of knowledge is below even 0 (zero)... you are just wasting our time here entertaining yourself only... if you somehow get curious and wanna learn a thing or too, you would be doing research by now, not arguing and asking stupid questions...

i do searches, but im new to mac. so it'll take some time. =)

But now i seriously have a problem that i dont know. so i hope you'll reply me. anyway. I installed your 10.5.3 update. and mac stopped booting, or rather it stucked at the boot screen(the white page with the apple icon in the middle) and the loading "image" the twirly thing and there was another image just abit above the apple icon with a like cancel icon.

Specs

MotherBoard: DFI LP DK P35 T2RS

CPU: Intel C2Q 6600 G0 @ 2.4ghz

Ram: 4x1gb Corsair C5DHX

HDD:1x Samsung 120gb, 1x WD 320GB

VGA: XFX 8800GT XXX Edition

DVDRW: Pioneer 18x

Lan:Marvell On Board

Usb:---------------- Not Sure yet

PSU: Thermal Take 750w Modular PowerSupply.

i do searches, but im new to mac. so it'll take some time. =)

But now i seriously have a problem that i dont know. so i hope you'll reply me. anyway. I installed your 10.5.3 update. and mac stopped booting, or rather it stucked at the boot screen(the white page with the apple icon in the middle) and the loading "image" the twirly thing and there was another image just abit above the apple icon with a like cancel icon.

Then you need to spend some time learning some basics so that you can ask questions that are meaningful and be able to give the proper information so that you can be helped. Learning how to boot in verbose mode would be a start. Seriously, you're not going to get someone to hold your hand on this just because you admit you're a lazy ass. I'm guessing you must have just gotten really lucky when you installed if you didn't spend a little time learning something. Nobody is really trying to be an ass to you, you just need to do you own legwork. Did you actually read this subject thread from beginning to end, or just go right the the last page? I'm not new to OSX but I am new around here and you need to spend some time reading. Amazing what you can pick up that you didn't know just by reading.

I took the easy way by Looking at the first page then clicked the last page. Im kinda new around here too. and i didnt get lucky with osx. I looked up wiki in the tutorials section?

Edit. Reading the whole thread right now. ._. currently on page 3.

I took the easy way by Looking at the first page then clicked the last page. Im kinda new around here too. and i didnt get lucky with osx. I looked up wiki in the tutorials section?

Edit. Reading the whole thread right now. ._. currently on page 3.

@KOMANO

Hi mate. I´m new to mac stuff too. As I know a little bit about computers, I acted just like you. I thought I could do most of the things by myself and what I realized??? I couldn´t. Mac is completely different. If you don´t know what you´re here for, don´t come here asking stupid question or acting like an ass because people here won´t help you and even when you´re talking serious, people won´t  take you seriously. So, my advice is that you keep coming here, but with interest in learning. You´ll get much more answers to your problems if you act right. I hope you can get all the info you want here. Today I have and working PC hackintosh because of the help I got from members of the board. If you want to run OSX in your rig, get serious here..

@MYSTICUS

My internet problems will be solved. I bought the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter. ;) I´m just waiting for it to arrive.

I just got a little problem with my old LAN card. As I told you before, I bought an RTL8139 in a test basis and took out my D-Link one. As no surprise, the RTL8139 didn´t work OTB like I read in some foruns and for my surprise when putting my D-Link card back it didn´t work as before. Now OSX don´t recognizes my card. :trumpet:

But this is no problem at all since my adapter is about to arrive, but if there´s a solution I´d be glad to read it here. ;)

[]´s

@brekaing bad: 8139 doesnt really work OTB, because there are different drivers for that card. currently two versions and either one has the same network drop effect on NFORCE chipset... so dont bother trying... 8169 chips has OTB support... 8139 not! at least not all OSX DVDs has it directly. Well I cant guarantee 8169 will work perfect on NFORCE though, dont remember if anyone tried it?

@brekaing bad: 8139 doesnt really work OTB, because there are different drivers for that card. currently two versions and either one has the same network drop effect on NFORCE chipset... so dont bother trying... 8169 chips has OTB support... 8139 not! at least not all OSX DVDs has it directly. Well I cant guarantee 8169 will work perfect on NFORCE though, dont remember if anyone tried it?

Hi Mysticus, I am running a Netgear GA311 10/100/1000 Gigabit PCI adapter...... :trumpet: it worked out of the box for me with Leopard (it has RealTek 8169S chipset).....but not surprising as seen from here and the fact that Sonnet Technology appear to use the RTL8169 chipset too.... ;)

@KOMANO

Hi mate. I´m new to mac stuff too. As I know a little bit about computers, I acted just like you. I thought I could do most of the things by myself and what I realized??? I couldn´t. Mac is completely different. If you don´t know what you´re here for, don´t come here asking stupid question or acting like an ass because people here won´t help you and even when you´re talking serious, people won´t take you seriously. So, my advice is that you keep coming here, but with interest in learning. You´ll get much more answers to your problems if you act right. I hope you can get all the info you want here. Today I have and working PC hackintosh because of the help I got from members of the board. If you want to run OSX in your rig, get serious here..

Lol thanks mate. I do searches for other stuff and mac problems, but when i have an issue i dont know then i really dont know. unless i keep searching. i can constantly search for something for around 2-3hours. so yeah i was just being an ass to see how people would react, as usual bad. lol. So anyway. The only problem i have right now is runniny Mysticus C*'s Update packages. I always get some weird boot up screen. Which is below and it stays like that for 4 hours. Any ideas? And since Mysticus C* Said that this forum need an faq, i decided to make something like an faq, hopefully that will reduce the questions. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=117845

img0028qc7.jpg

Lol thanks mate. I do searches for other stuff and mac problems, but when i have an issue i dont know then i really dont know. unless i keep searching. i can constantly search for something for around 2-3hours. so yeah i was just being an ass to see how people would react, as usual bad. lol. So anyway. The only problem i have right now is runniny Mysticus C*'s Update packages. I always get some weird boot up screen. Which is below and it stays like that for 4 hours. Any ideas? And since Mysticus C* Said that this forum need an faq, i decided to make something like an faq, hopefully that will reduce the questions. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=117845

at boot up while counting down, press f8 and type

-v (enter of course after that)

and take the screen cap of every screen line with all the error messages... only than we can know what your problem is...

i told u, u r gonna waste our time, you dont even know how to report problem... this is generally not just you many pep dont know it at all... all they say is HELP HELP, emergency (as if the armageddon coming tomorrow)... help i ve desktop, laptop help...

first go make a signature with your hardware profile like the one i have as an example (check other pep as well to see different examples...)

learn to use text modes to see what is going on during boot...

I want to thank you so very much Mysticus C*. This was the best transition from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 I've had. Worked without flaws and without out a bunch of permission errors. The other updates and full installs gave me a lot of grief especially when trying to reinstall my Adobe application's activations.

Many thanks.

I want to thank you so very much Mysticus C*. This was the best transition from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 I've had.

I agree, although i'm new to hackintosh i found it very easy and flawless to update from 10.5.2 to .5.4

Thanks!!!

From my guess. it has something to do with JMIMicronATA thingy.( its kinda obvious)

-edit. Sorry for making you turn your head. ._.

do you not have any sata hdd? bcoz from the look of it, your hdds are connected to jmicron, and it is not in AHCI mode... one solution is that if you put your jmicron controller in ahci mode, it should work, currently it is in IDE mode most likely... another solution would be changing (replacing) couple of kexts (drivers)... using older working ones should solve the problem as well...

search for the answers... yourselves now

@MYSTICUS

In fact, I won´t even try to make it work.

This problem will be solved this week yet. As I told you, I bought the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter and will arrive till the end of this week.

I just wanted to make it work so I can learn how to do that. Making it work now it would only be about getting knowledge. :(

Thnx anyway.

As soon as my adapter arrive, I´ll let you know. ;)

[ ]´s

Hey,

Thank you and evryone else involved to make hackintosh possible...

System:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-core 6400+ (AM2)

Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe/with WIFI (AMD 790FX chipset)

2x2G Ram

2x X1950XTX Radeon

2x SATA

2x IDE

1x DVD-RW

1x Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatality Platinum with 5.25" Front Module.

Dual Boot with WinXP.

Now.. on to my problem, and it is neither the WIFI, nor the SoundBlaster (they don't work, but i dont care for them now)

Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 CD.. works like a charm...

Installed it with the following choices:-

Kernel- kernel_9.2_sleep

Graphic- ATYinject_alternative_for_X19xx

& ATIRadeon X1000 Series Graphics

Audio - I check them all (doesn't really matter, since I use USB soundcard with the MacOSX)

Patches - CPUS=1, TimeMachineFix, AMD_1052_Patch_test1, boot_with_legacy_flag

The OS boots perfectly.. everything is great, except when I tried to install the 10.5.3 combo update.... The install went smoothly, except when I reboot after the install.. it hangs after clearing the screen except for the background and the mouse.. after a while I get the color wheel.. I thought its doing some kinda boot cache thingy, but after 10 minutes of no HDD activity I rebooted and I get the infamous unknown SIGSEGV code 0, after ATYinject are loaded (for both of my ATI cards).

Now I have to reformat and copy the image..to get it back to its original state.. too bad timemachine wont work on booting from the DVD.

If you need more info from me, please let me know what you want, and how to get it..

Thanks again/

-djhash

P.S. Is there a way I can change a partition from GUID to MBR without formating it all over again?! Thanks

Hey,

Thank you and evryone else involved to make hackintosh possible...

System:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-core 6400+ (AM2)

Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe/with WIFI (AMD 790FX chipset)

2x2G Ram

2x X1950XTX Radeon

2x SATA

2x IDE

1x DVD-RW

1x Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatality Platinum with 5.25" Front Module.

Dual Boot with WinXP.

Now.. on to my problem, and it is neither the WIFI, nor the SoundBlaster (they don't work, but i dont care for them now)

Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 CD.. works like a charm...

Installed it with the following choices:-

Kernel- kernel_9.2_sleep

Graphic- ATYinject_alternative_for_X19xx

& ATIRadeon X1000 Series Graphics

Audio - I check them all (doesn't really matter, since I use USB soundcard with the MacOSX)

Patches - CPUS=1, TimeMachineFix, AMD_1052_Patch_test1, boot_with_legacy_flag

The OS boots perfectly.. everything is great, except when I tried to install the 10.5.3 combo update.... The install went smoothly, except when I reboot after the install.. it hangs after clearing the screen except for the background and the mouse.. after a while I get the color wheel.. I thought its doing some kinda boot cache thingy, but after 10 minutes of no HDD activity I rebooted and I get the infamous unknown SIGSEGV code 0, after ATYinject are loaded (for both of my ATI cards).

Now I have to reformat and copy the image..to get it back to its original state.. too bad timemachine wont work on booting from the DVD.

If you need more info from me, please let me know what you want, and how to get it..

Thanks again/

-djhash

P.S. Is there a way I can change a partition from GUID to MBR without formating it all over again?! Thanks

this is my quote from the first page first post: "...There are special topics for special systems. For example if you have AMD system, go discuss issues in an AMD related topic. AMD's for example has different issues! So better to discuss it in its own topic..." hope this explains some part of your question... because amd systems need to use decrypts...

your second issue would be if your ati card is in cross fire mode, it would not work i think as i dont remember any sli/cross-fire drivers exist/and-or/worked as of yet... and more, that two nvidia cards (either single mode or sli mode doesnt matter) causes kernel panic, where as 2 ati cards as single works fine if i m not wrong... no cross-fire ??

Komano just download the Kaly 10.5.1 from the PB and then go with any retail Leo update here it should work for you. For some reason it´s not alowed to be a nb here they excpect you to spend years searching this forum before they let you ask anything. This is the usual playground sandbox thing. Good luck man

Hey bro. Thanks alot. Yeah weird, they scold everyone who ask questions. Im not saying anything bad about them. its just weird. You get what i mean? Actually i already downloaded 3 Versions of mac osx. Just in case. =p. The kalyway 10.5.2,10.5.1 and iatoks2.0. So i'll just burn 10.5.1 now. But first i'll try the suggestion Mysticus C* Suggested, and if it doesnt work. 10.5.1 and then the update. Thanks alot :thumbsdown_anim:

*edit. well Mysticus C* suggestion work. but not windows xp doesnt not boot up, mmm and my keyboard in mac is not working. its ps/2 btw. in kalyway 10.5.2 it was working. lets see.

*edit again. Well now i think that the permissions for appleps2controller.kext are not there. hmm but apparently i cant set them using sudo. since my keyboard isnt working(obviously). i tried the on screen keyboard i cant type sudo everything but when i reach the password part. i cant type.. neither can i copy and paste. sigh.

@starobrno1: you are wrong on your assumption! Because most likely you dont get the idea and know the difference between a newbie (which I call it this way for beginners) and noobs = stupid (which I hate to call)... ok let me express it again so you may understand the difference... abit... below is the quote from my other topic which I created for newbies with nforce chipset...

"Newbies Guide to Basic Stuffs: Learn This Before You Jump/Install Any Version of OS X

======================================================================

Purpose of the iAtkos R3 or any other OSX86 distros: Main purpose of the R3 project was to fix previous problems with the original release, so that people with nforce chipsets (of course intel chipsets as well) can test the OSX out on their mobo to get a feeling of OSX, and get familiar with it, before they go out to buy an original MAC Computer. So keep in mind, that none of the projects here, is to bring piracy, but to make people get familiar with OSX, and later to buy original MACs. There is no way you can make everything work perfect as Apple do not release/license OSX for 3rd party distribution and installation on other hardwares other than its own in the near future? SO, the real feeling of MAC will come with real MAC. There is no guarantee that Apple will let OSX being installed the way it is right now forever. So treat these OSX versions as a demo into real MAC world, not main intention of piracy.

Introduction Speech : Why I added this Paragraph? Most people do not like to read long stuffs... New people come and go everyday to the scene, but not all of them are very successful. Why? Because they are noobs, they are stupid. Why start too harsh? Well I didnt start harsh actually, check the title? It says "newbie", i would say NOOB, but I didnt. Because some people are clever, although they are new to the stuffs. They first read what is said before they jump to conclusion. What does it mean? When you read through this topic, or any topic through the forum, you will understand why, when you understand the whole osx project concept... It usually takes no longer than 2-3 weeks to get familiar with OSX, after couple of installations and bricks... But it doesnt mean you will be expert, you will only be familiar and will be able to do some stuffs on your own, or with little guidance... I am no where near being expert, just an experienced user... Because I also take advices and guidance at times from other experienced users or experts as well... How do you become experienced? You must know what hardware you have on your PC in the first place, like check my signature to see how to learn some of them....."

this is the beginning part of my nforce support topic... u can read the rest here

now read around a bit and you will see the difference between newbies and noobs... I was once a newbie, but read/did a lot before I start jumping on flooding forums... in fact most my questions in the time of asking, did not have any propar solutions... But some of the problems i figured out myself some of them needed further driver/kernel developments by other people like efi enhancment by netkas, kernel by kabyl, nforceata drivers by medevil... but never complained about these issues because I understood and experienced these issue... Furthermore, I was in control of the hardware and software knowledge meaning, I was in control of what I was into and what I was doing...

Majority of the noobs, dont have any idea about what they are doing! In fact they dont even know how to use windows or any other OS properly, no idea about what are basic stuffs for how an OS works... files, file format, and what they do...

Some people are between newbie and noobs :) because although they understand some parts, because of the excitement at times they act like noobs...

Full noobs on the other hand, is totally a new different area itself... They do not even know how to use/install windows, and they hear that you can install OSX, they just get the dvd... and try to do it... Do you see something wrong here? Where is the reading of guidelines? ok lets assume noob is reading guide, but I guarantee that 99% of the time, noobs dont read it throughly and most parts skipped and not understood well... wanna understand? dont think so... they will jump to last page and start posting questions... i can count many other things but no need to reinvent the behaviour of noobs... once you become involved in helping others you will see the difference...

@komano:

revert back to ide mode

boot to xp

install the acpi enabled drivers (you should have acpi drivers in your mobo cd) for your xp

open device manager and remove all the ide controllers

reboot

change ide back to acpi in bios

try booting now...

it shall work... get yourself a usb keyboard/mouse, or ps/2 to usb converter adapter and forget about ps/2 kb/mouse issues they always exist and always need patching... get yourself usb versions, or ps/2 to usb converter adapters... save some headache

ah okay. =) thanks mysticus . Sorry for being a dumbass. =p

Hi Komano.

Just one thing...

You should take 2 sticks of your RAM memory to work with OSX. It´s known that 4 sticks it´s not good. It´s something about 64 bit compatibility. I took 2 sticks from my system as Mysticus suggested me. My system is working like a charm. :(

[]´s