Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

Nope. Mysticus I am not asking you to help me look for the ingredients, i am just wondering whether its possible to include it inside your patch. Thanks for the explanation. I am trying to get ahci working on my ich9 chipset for windows xp, looks like microsoft doesnt want release it, so some people have manually modified it but still i cant get it to work. Every Single boot up BSOD. Since you say you do not need the PS2 Keyboard thing, is there a manual way of putting them in? I know for a fact that there are various ways to make the PS2Keyboard.kext to work but i tried all of them to no avail, so maybe you have another option? I know Mac for x86 isnt perfect, i can see that and i can experience it because when i install kalyway combo package 10.5.3 , my mkv files play on mplayer like some slow {censored}, but when i use your patch, it plays fine. but no ps2 keyboard and no old jmimicron drivers. so any help? hmm

Nope. Mysticus I am not asking you to help me look for the ingredients, i am just wondering whether its possible to include it inside your patch. Thanks for the explanation. I am trying to get ahci working on my ich9 chipset for windows xp, looks like microsoft doesnt want release it, so some people have manually modified it but still i cant get it to work. Every Single boot up BSOD. Since you say you do not need the PS2 Keyboard thing, is there a manual way of putting them in? I know for a fact that there are various ways to make the PS2Keyboard.kext to work but i tried all of them to no avail, so maybe you have another option? I know Mac for x86 isnt perfect, i can see that and i can experience it because when i install kalyway combo package 10.5.3 , my mkv files play on mplayer like some slow {censored}, but when i use your patch, it plays fine. but no ps2 keyboard and no old jmimicron drivers. so any help? hmm

Hi Komano,

Go here to see how to How to enable AHCI on Intel ICH9 under XP.... :D

it is possible to manually fix the ps/2 keyboard. and yes it is possible to include it, if you can find the solution and provide me the files and details for your system. Bcoz i did include one guy's solution and it worked for him but not everyone... also i hear that some people have different results with different methods. I will grab the one from latest jas and post it here... but dont expect much help on that bcoz dont have the issue and cant create the problem to test and understand how it works... For the ahci part... I know it is pain in the a$$ on some mobos, bcoz they either dont supply proper drivers or some bugs etc... Try Haxi's suggestion? see if it helps...

suggestion:

start xp with bios in ide mode!

download the drivers

install them

remove ide drivers from device manager of xp...

restart and change bios to ahci

and start widows to see if it helps...

bcoz if u enable ahci b4 you install ahci and disable ide, it causes conflict and problems with boot...

Hi there,

Great work on the update, installed on mine and was peachy.. Strange problem now is that Ive lost all networking facilities and it was working before.

I ran the 10.5.3 update but not the 10.5.4 one yet.

Not mentioned in my rig spec is that im also running an 8800GTS and looking for the networking chipset now

Hi there,

Great work on the update, installed on mine and was peachy.. Strange problem now is that Ive lost all networking facilities and it was working before.

I ran the 10.5.3 update but not the 10.5.4 one yet.

Not mentioned in my rig spec is that im also running an 8800GTS and looking for the networking chipset now

network drivers have been updated, therefore most likely your network card is one of the built in drivers... If you could provide details about your network card, we may be able to help you or tell you what to do...

(w/o network card name model hard to say/help--better to be device and vendor id or driver name that was used b4) it can be as easy as replacing the ionetworkingfamily.kext from backup (entire kext folder is under backupkexts in the root...)

I have Intel GMA 950 -

First time I tried 10.5.3 update, I got blue screen.

I reinstalled, Leopard.

To successfully install here is how I did it.

Backuped these kexts :

AppleIntelGMA950.kext

AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Installed Kext Helper : http://www.cheetha.net/Kext_Helper/Softwar...Helper%20b7.zip

open Kext helper, drag your backupped kext in there. Do not press install , not yet. first you need to install the update.

So, install the update but do NOT press restart, go back to kext helper and now press install.

Reboot.

It should be working. Thats how I did it.

I have Intel GMA 950 -

First time I tried 10.5.3 update, I got blue screen.

I reinstalled, Leopard.

To successfully install here is how I did it.

Backuped these kexts :

AppleIntelGMA950.kext

AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Installed Kext Helper : http://www.cheetha.net/Kext_Helper/Softwar...Helper%20b7.zip

open Kext helper, drag your backupped kext in there. Do not press install , not yet. first you need to install the update.

So, install the update but do NOT press restart, go back to kext helper and now press install.

Reboot.

It should be working. Thats how I did it.

all of the kexts are backed up before things are updated... and the folders are named for 5.3 is backupkexts and for 5.4 backupkextsdelta in the root partition...

no need to manually back them up... after update like you said, just use kexthelper or anything you like to install those kexts...

it is possible to manually fix the ps/2 keyboard. and yes it is possible to include it, if you can find the solution and provide me the files and details for your system. Bcoz i did include one guy's solution and it worked for him but not everyone... also i hear that some people have different results with different methods. I will grab the one from latest jas and post it here... but dont expect much help on that bcoz dont have the issue and cant create the problem to test and understand how it works... For the ahci part... I know it is pain in the a$ on some mobos, bcoz they either dont supply proper drivers or some bugs etc... Try Haxi's suggestion? see if it helps...

suggestion:

start xp with bios in ide mode!

download the drivers

install them

remove ide drivers from device manager of xp...

restart and change bios to ahci

and start widows to see if it helps...

bcoz if u enable ahci b4 you install ahci and disable ide, it causes conflict and problems with boot...

Well then lets hope the new jas ps2 keyboard thing works. and haxi i tried that and it didnt work. Maybe i did something wrong. I'll try it again one more time.

edit: nope didnt work again.

Well then lets hope the new jas ps2 keyboard thing works. and haxi i tried that and it didnt work. Maybe i did something wrong. I'll try it again one more time.

edit: nope didnt work again.

Sorry that the procedure at http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=785969

did not work for you....it is a shame to be forced towards using Vista...... :hysterical:

well i dont think it is a shame on MS side... bcoz MS doesnt have a duty to create drivers... it is third parties duty to make drivers. Only draw back is that they have to go through WHQL of MS in order for drivers to function properly... otherwise w/o being tested they wont work properly... And you cant just blame MS for that because AHCI- or SATA functions came out couple years after MS XP... I am sure there are drivers built into some versions... You may find those in different releases. Use pirate version only if you have a license but dont have built in support for ahci/sata drivers... I know there are some releases with those drivers built in ;)

also from experience, many people say that things are not working even though they would work... but with proper steps followed... I have had enough experience in the forum seeing people saying things dont work and proved 80% of the time that things were actually working but people were not following guides correctly or properly...

well i dont think it is a shame on MS side... bcoz MS doesnt have a duty to create drivers... it is third parties duty to make drivers. Only draw back is that they have to go through WHQL of MS in order for drivers to function properly... otherwise w/o being tested they wont work properly... And you cant just blame MS for that because AHCI- or SATA functions came out couple years after MS XP... I am sure there are drivers built into some versions... You may find those in different releases. Use pirate version only if you have a license but dont have built in support for ahci/sata drivers... I know there are some releases with those drivers built in :P

also from experience, many people say that things are not working even though they would work... but with proper steps followed... I have had enough experience in the forum seeing people saying things dont work and proved 80% of the time that things were actually working but people were not following guides correctly or properly...

Agree that is often the case on the second point but less so on the first since the takeup of Vista among business has not been as great as MS expected.....hence still selling XP to business.....also with recent comments on VIsta security etc......if MS can provide drivers for earlier chipsets in series why not for ICH9R...... :P

well youmay think so, but sometimes solutions are done with a bit of sweating, like i said, it is not officially supported with xp, but there are sata/ahci injected versions of xp... i dont encourage usage of pirates, but if you dont know how to convert your original version to an ahci supported, i dont see why you should not use an injected version...i myself did an inject and make the xp work with ahci/sata OTB :)

a quick look at the drivers in the dfi website for his mobo, i see fdd drivers... (for installing during xp setup, ich9r raid = ahci support as well) or matrix raid drivers for installing from within xp...

komano have you actually tried those drivers? and also did you follow the guidelines?

1 start xp while using ide mode still in bios

2 install raid drivers

3 remove ide drivers from device manager

4 restart?

5 change to ahci mode in bios

6 and start xp?

at worst, you can have those drivers in a floopy disk, and try xp install with ahci enabled bios, while xp setup loading, it says press f6 to load additional drivers... you can try that as well... see if it helps

Hey guys! Awesome packages!!!

Just one question, though... Can I install the 10.5.4 combo update along with 9.4 modbin kernel? What's the correct installation order???

Thx!

The 10.5.4 Mysticus updater is a Delta updater i.e. only updates from 10.5.3 to 10.5.4......have you already got 10.5.3 installed and running OK?

I was able to get Leopard 10.5.? installed from a flat-image file and running on my P4 Prescott 3.0ghz ABIT IC7-MAX3 mobo.

I tried the 10.5.3 updater and it finished successfully, but when I reboot, it flashes the gray mac screen then goes to black screen with a bunch of errors. In the updater I left all the default settings.

post-271633-1218503383_thumb.jpg

I was able to get Leopard 10.5.? installed from a flat-image file and running on my P4 Prescott 3.0ghz ABIT IC7-MAX3 mobo.

I tried the 10.5.3 updater and it finished successfully, but when I reboot, it flashes the gray mac screen then goes to black screen with a bunch of errors. In the updater I left all the default settings.

post-271633-1218503383_thumb.jpg

at press for f8 options screen, press f8, and type -v and enter... it should show all the errors... pls post that error screen...

most likely it will be a controller issue... i will make a special package for this issue with some packages from latest Jas DVD... so taht people will be able to use older drivers if the latest ones dont work for them or they dont have ahci support on their system...

I fed up with same problem reporting... so i will provide a solution very soon...

EDIT: I can somehow see a line saying AppleIntel... guessing the rest is AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement which is known to be problematic, however I dont know why you have it? or How was your system booting with it? :( You have to remove that and seeing your detail as just joined the forum... i suggest you to find transmac for windows, and use it to locate taht file in /System/Library/Extensions/

at press for f8 options screen, press f8, and type -v and enter... it should show all the errors... pls post that error screen...

most likely it will be a controller issue... i will make a special package for this issue with some packages from latest Jas DVD... so taht people will be able to use older drivers if the latest ones dont work for them or they dont have ahci support on their system...

I fed up with same problem reporting... so i will provide a solution very soon...

EDIT: I can somehow see a line saying AppleIntel... guessing the rest is AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement which is known to be problematic, however I dont know why you have it? or How was your system booting with it? -_- You have to remove that and seeing your detail as just joined the forum... i suggest you to find transmac for windows, and use it to locate taht file in /System/Library/Extensions/

Thanks for the info. I can view my drive in TransMac and I do see the Kext, but when I try to delete it, it says ERROR: Disk is read only.

The 10.5.4 Mysticus updater is a Delta updater i.e. only updates from 10.5.3 to 10.5.4......have you already got 10.5.3 installed and running OK?

I haven't installed anything yet. So, I should install the Mysticus update FIRST and then install the kernel 9.4????

Thanks....

Thanks for the info. I can view my drive in TransMac and I do see the Kext, but when I try to delete it, it says ERROR: Disk is read only.

do you have transmac full ? or demo? also if you are in vista, you have to run it with admin rights... but of course you have to be full user to be able to do it... there were some free programs as well, but i forgot now... anyone remember? pls help me to remind us...

@torrinha: install 5.3 first, (make sue you click on customize window, and choose appropriate gfx drivers as well...) restart, everything ok? install 5.4 update, (in custom window, choose 9.4 vanilla kernel) once finished dont restart, open your terminal or whatever program to change your kernel to modbin! (vanilla kernel step is important bcoz of you have to match your kernel version and system.kext version in order for usb devices to work proparly... vanilla kernel choice will install 9.4 system.kext and wen you install modbin, it will be 9.4 so , both versions will be correct... if you dont choose vanilla, it will install 9.2.0 kernel and system.kext, when you replace kernel, system kext will be 9.2.0 and kernel will be 9.4, and you will have famous usb not mounting issue...)

Thanks for this, Mysticus. I'm on 10.5.4 now thanks to you. Just one thing. Don't know if it was when I installed the 10.5.3 or 10.5.4 package but I lost my audio and my graphic card driver was unistaled to. Also, Time Machine stopped working and now I have the "Can't find target disk" or something error (I don't care because I used Time Machine more because it was cool than other thing). I installed the drivers again and everything works great, I just wanted to know why does this happen.

Thanks for this, Mysticus. I'm on 10.5.4 now thanks to you. Just one thing. Don't know if it was when I installed the 10.5.3 or 10.5.4 package but I lost my audio and my graphic card driver was unistaled to. Also, Time Machine stopped working and now I have the "Can't find target disk" or something error (I don't care because I used Time Machine more because it was cool than other thing). I installed the drivers again and everything works great, I just wanted to know why does this happen.

you may hear certain updates bricks installations... right, this is your sort of question?

these kind of things are actually not really bricking anything in real terms. What certain updates do is update drivers/kernel/frameworks... etc some other things...

mainly, most people are using a lot of patched system files/drivers/kernels... When they are revoked (replaced with non-patched == original apple drivers), your system or particular devices will not work anymore until you replace them back with your pached ones...

For example, audio drivers/video drivers/network drivers/kernel/chipset drivers/frameworks are all updated...

so if you were using patched drivers, for your audio or video or network, or your pata/sata controller will not work or particially not work... *which most people are complaining about...

thats why I ask people to send me their particular device drivers so that I can put them as an option in the update packages, so that they will continue to work after the updates... People dont supply drivers, I cant know every single driver combination nor have experience in 100 different configs... I try my best to place many drivers only if people supply them...