Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

whenever u want...

Hi again.

Deleting the file PCGenUSBEHCI.kext before the updating doesn´t make any difference to the system. :wacko:

I tried here deleting the file before updating and got the same error.

It stucks in the same part - the message that says something about the error on Microsoft USB Keyboard (Extension "com.microsoft.driver.MicrosoftKeyboardUSB - has no explicit kernel dependencies... - and the shows up the message: Still waiting for root device.

I´m recovering the TEST Partition to see if works deleting the file after de update.

I´ll post the results here in a few moments.

Here is the screen after de installation update - booting using -v -f doesn´t made the system to start up.

1003021yq7.th.jpg

@Iced Angel

Hey buddy... have you tried playing the trumpet?? Read the "bibble" carrefully... don´t need to be rush. Rushing here won´t take you nowhere... I garantee you that. :D

[ ]´s

P.S. - Any idea of can be this little problem? ;)

4 gb ram causes freeze due to incompatibility in the nforce driver for 64 bit mode... try to extract a file bigger than 1gb u will see that it will freeze the system...

u have to use 2 gb ram physicaly or using maxmem= value... but i suggest use the system with 2 gb only... it should fix the random freeze on heavy usage... i m not aware of any other freeze problem other than on board lan driver that causes it... if u dont have the on board lan enabled and using with the nforceethernet driver, than the problem is definetely RAM...

THANK YOU! I had been having this problem ever since I started using my Hackintosh and never knew why... Is there any fix available besides the maxmem or removing it physically??

Also, what is the nforce LAN driver called? (I don't use it, so I might as well delete the kext to make sure all is well...)

Also, if I am reading this thread correctly, we should not update with delta if we used iAtkos v2i, even if we updated to 10.5.3 using 1.4b of your combo updater?

THANK YOU! I had been having this problem ever since I started using my Hackintosh and never knew why... Is there any fix available besides the maxmem or removing it physically??

Also, what is the nforce LAN driver called? (I don't use it, so I might as well delete the kext to make sure all is well...)

Also, if I am reading this thread correctly, we should not update with delta if we used iAtkos v2i, even if we updated to 10.5.3 using 1.4b of your combo updater?

for the lan, if u didnt install it yourself it should not be found in the system either... but if you wanna double check nforceethernetcontroller.kext i think...

for the ram, no known solution yet, it is the driver that is not fully compatible with 64 bit mode, so it needs to be recompiled i guess...

about updates, it is not correctly understood i think...

you can do the update fine, but you will get SUID errors, lots of them, due to different package (bundle) names used in iatkos, it will give suid errors if you try to fix permissions... suid errors are harmless actually but annoying to see... so you can do the update but expect the suid errors and maybe some small minor other errors as well...

Hi all.

As I said in an earlier post, the 10.5.4 update it´s not working for me, and I don´t know why. :D

I´ll post again the screen with the error message I got, if someone knows how to help me, please, I´d appreciate.

Here is the screen.

1003021yq7.th.jpg

Thnx in advance for any kinda help.

[]´s

Hi all.

As I said in an earlier post, the 10.5.4 update it´s not working for me, and I don´t know why. :D

I´ll post again the screen with the error message I got, if someone knows how to help me, please, I´d appreciate.

Here is the screen.

1003021yq7.th.jpg

Thnx in advance for any kinda help.

[]´s

your

IOATAFamily.kext looks to be deleted? when you are installing the update package did you somehow uncheck the main update package in 10.5.3? because it looks like you did it somehow?

if you can boot to your test partition or main partition,

go to your backupkextdelta folder in the root, and copy back your IOATAFamily.kext to S/L/E...

this would happen only when you were installing the 10.5.3 update you did the update twice most likeley and u did unselect main update? or stg...

your

IOATAFamily.kext looks to be deleted? when you are installing the update package did you somehow uncheck the main update package in 10.5.3? because it looks like you did it somehow?

if you can boot to your test partition or main partition,

go to your backupkextdelta folder in the root, and copy back your IOATAFamily.kext to S/L/E...

this would happen only when you were installing the 10.5.3 update you did the update twice most likeley and u did unselect main update? or stg...

Hi mate.

After installing the 10.5.4 update, I´m unable to boot it from the udpdated partition even using -v -f . It sticks to the error message about: Still waiting for root device

In my root folder, the only backup folder that exists is one called "Backup Extensions" that have only 3 files as shown in the picture bellow.

picture2sh2.th.png

I can check the TEST Partition from my main working partition.

Take a look at this picture. Only one folder called update info has no file inside.

picture3pk7.th.png

I´ll try updating the TEST Partition again and access it from my working partition, w/o changing a thing to know what kinda files or backup folders it will show and report everything I get.

Thnx for the help.

Let me try this right now.

[]´s

@breaking bad:

before answering your question, can you tell me how and where you installed this update?

like say; 1st is main, 2nd is test partition

booted from 1st partition, but installed it to 2nd partition?

or

booted from 1st parttiion and installed to 1st partition?

or

booted from 2nd partition and installed to 1st partition

or

booted from 2nd and installed on 2nd partition?

it will answer/explain the problem you are having most likely...

@breaking bad:

before answering your question, can you tell me how and where you installed this update?

like say; 1st is main, 2nd is test partition

booted from 1st partition, but installed it to 2nd partition?

or

booted from 1st parttiion and installed to 1st partition?

or

booted from 2nd partition and installed to 1st partition

or

booted from 2nd and installed on 2nd partition?

it will answer/explain the problem you are having most likely...

@Mysticus.

Hi.

In my HD I have 4 partitions.

1 - Leopard (main)

2- Test Partition

3 - Backup

4 - Storage (where I keep most of my files)

The update package is located on my Storage file, but when I´m going to use it, I do a copy of the file for the Test Partition and put it on desktop.

So, in this case, I boot from my TEST Partition and install the update to the same disk. (boot from 2nd and installed on 2nd partition)

[]´s

@Mysticus.

Hi.

In my HD I have 4 partitions.

1 - Leopard (main)

2- Test Partition

3 - Backup

4 - Storage (where I keep most of my files)

The update package is located on my Storage file, but when I´m going to use it, I do a copy of the file for the Test Partition and put it on desktop.

So, in this case, I boot from my TEST Partition and install the update to the same disk. (boot from 2nd and installed on 2nd partition)

[]´s

can you post me your install log of delta update?

Hi Mysticus.

I can do it for sure, just refresh my memory about logging installation, because just did it once and I don´t remember how to do it.

I made a test here. After the update, I ran the OSX 86 Tool from ~pcwiz and I replaced the new IOATAFamily.kext with the one of my 10.5.3 main partition and I could boot using -v -f.

After that, I deleted the PCGenUSBEHCI.kext from the S/L/E/IOUSBFamily.kext/Content/Plugins and that message in yellow disappeared but I can´t still boot w/o using flags.

Now I have one folder called "backupkextsdelta" in the root of my TEST Partition.

[]´s

in delta update there is no new ioatafamily! it comes from 10.5.3, and if your system worked in 10.5.3 there should not be any trouble with 10.5.4 at all either... anyways...

tell me everything what you do... bcoz i believe you are doing something in between (before or after the 10.5.3 update) that is causing some trouble somewhere... ioatafamily is updated already in 10.5.3 update not 10.5.4. 10.5.4 is only small minor changes and dont remember anything to do with any other drivers... somehow your files are being deleted most likely by human errors???

anyways... when you install kalyway 10.5.2, do the 10.5.3 update, restart, everything working? do the 10.5.4 delta update... when you run the update u should see on top left side a menu called "windows" and choose "show install log" from there... in the drop down menu of the log, choose show everything, and once done, pls either save the log with built in save feature or just copy paste everything to a txt files pls... upload that file somewhere and show me the link...

Mysticus, I've installed your update package and everything went fine and working afterwards!! I;ve installed it over kalyway 10.5.1

Seems like it at least.. :P

Asus P5KPL

Q6600

GeForce 7300

The only thing I'm not sure about is that I didn't have options to check at the very start of installation

I've installed vanilla kernel after the update

The prob is I can't boot with "vanilla" now - it hangs up after the apple screen

Thanx for your work and sharing

ok good luck, and lets see what is going on...

@ Mysticus.

Hi mate.

I was reading my previous post and I realized it may sound that I wasn´t cooperating. I´m sorry to sound like that. 

But I did everything over again and now I have the log file since the 10.5.2 installation.

Unfortunatelly, I got same problem even with the fresh install.

Here are the logs of installation and the 2 updates.

- Leopard installation log (Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD)

http://www.mediafire.com/?djzym2tyrts

- Update 10.5.3 log (Mysticus 1.3 Update Package)

http://www.mediafire.com/?lyhy2tmstdr

- Update 10.5.4 log (Mysticus Update)

http://www.mediafire.com/?jnrkxm3pchy

------------------------------------------------------

Just a curiosity... all the files on OSX that I have here, were downloaded from your trumpet links, so I trust them all. I don´t download any file that will make important changes to my system till you say it´s "safe".

[]´s

@ Mysticus.

Hi mate.

I was reading my previous post and I realized it may sound that I wasn´t cooperating. I´m sorry to sound like that.

But I did everything over again and now I have the log file since the 10.5.2 installation.

Unfortunatelly, I got same problem even with the fresh install.

Here are the logs of installation and the 2 updates.

- Leopard installation log (Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD)

http://www.mediafire.com/?djzym2tyrts

- Update 10.5.3 log (Mysticus 1.3 Update Package)

http://www.mediafire.com/?lyhy2tmstdr

- Update 10.5.4 log (Mysticus Update)

http://www.mediafire.com/?jnrkxm3pchy

------------------------------------------------------

Just a curiosity... all the files on OSX that I have here, were downloaded from your trumpet links, so I trust them all. I don´t download any file that will make important changes to my system till you say it´s "safe".

[]´s

why are you using 1.3 update package? I posted 1.4b latest long time ago already... 1.3 had some missing pieces. 1.4b fixes all the suid errors and therefore makes the receipt updates correctly... so that noone has problem with suid errors and the files are not deleted afterwards bcoz of missing connections... pls try the update with the latest packages...

@everlast: have u tried clicking on "CUSTOMIZE" button before going to the last step? it is to the left of next back buttons...

why are you using 1.3 update package? I posted 1.4b latest long time ago already... 1.3 had some missing pieces. 1.4b fixes all the suid errors and therefore makes the receipt updates correctly... so that noone has problem with suid errors and the files are not deleted afterwards bcoz of missing connections... pls try the update with the latest packages...

I´m downloading it right now.

I didn´t imagine that the 1.3 version could be the problem because I never saw the installation log file to see any kind of error message even w/o understand what may cause that.

I´m getting the file right now and I will do the update all over again. :blink:

[]´s

I´m downloading it right now.

I didn´t imagine that the 1.3 version could be the problem because I never saw the installation log file to see any kind of error message even w/o understand what may cause that.

I´m getting the file right now and I will do the update all over again. :thumbsup_anim:

[]´s

any progress?

I have a problem to get my PS/2 keyboard to be recognized and working and I installed patches for ps2 from your update package, I've also tried to install kexts from this thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=108295, but no progress and OS X won't shutdown properly? Can it be due to the vanilla kernel? Any tips for that?

Thanx in advance!

I have a problem to get my PS/2 keyboard to be recognized and working and I installed patches for ps2 from your update package, I've also tried to install kexts from this thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=108295, but no progress and OS X won't shutdown properly? Can it be due to the vanilla kernel? Any tips for that?

Thanx in advance!

i will provide another driver for ps/2 issues to see if it will help later today... shutdown issue with valnilla kernel does happen and there are some work arounds for this issue and i will try to provide the fix for it later today as well...