Obama Democratic Candidate for 2008

32 posts in this topic

Hillary to McCain? Now, that's an interesting shift.

Listen, I'm not crazy about him and I barely like him but he has experience. Hillary should have been in Obama's place. So what if Obama has charisma, it won't help him at 3 AM with that phone call. :)

Why does everyone think McCain will win? I just don't get it.

Again, listen, Obama has very little experience. It's the same thing like giving a car to somebody whose only car training is Need For Speed on his/her gaming system. What happens to the car and driver? They both crash and some bad thing happens quickly. Now plug Obama into my analogy.

I think Hillary would have had a better chance. There is now way Obama can carry Ohio,Pennsylvania,Florida, or michigan. Try winning the general election without those. Leave it to the Democrats to F*ck up an easy win!

Again, listen, Obama has very little experience. It's the same thing like giving a car to somebody whose only car training is Need For Speed on his/her gaming system. What happens to the car and driver? They both crash and some bad thing happens quickly. Now plug Obama into my analogy.

Yes, but his experience doesn't have anything to do with the people who support him. He can be the worst person that is suited for president ever, and there were still 40,000 people at his rally last night.

McCain will come through because I would have been with Hillary if she was the candidate.
This statement means absolutely nothing, it does nothing to either prove your point, or even has anything to do with what we're talking about.

Do you know Obama's Past? He has gone to school and lived in other countries. He has grown up poor (or poorer than most politicians). He was a professor (of constitutional law), he was a community organizer, civil rights lawyer, state senator, and US senator. He has done a variety of things, and lived a variety of experiences. He also knows how to speak, If you ask me, he's more than qualified for the job of president.

John McCain on the other hand...I hate to be harsh here, but John McCain was born into a military family, had access to government run health care, Joined the military, was a POW, didn't like the fact he could not become an admiral, so he married his wealthy and well-connected new wife (after divorcing his old wife), and within a year began his political journey (with a history of only a military lense to view the world through). He remained a voice of independent thought until he decided that he really cared about winning the presidency in 2008 and so decided to turn hard-line republican shortly after the 2000 election, to shore up some votes for himself.

By contrast, Obama has been honest about what he has had to explain, he does not support positions that will obviously help him politically because he knows that these positions would not be in the best interests of the American people. He gets flak for a little while and then people warm up to his honesty.

John McCain also has a raging temper, while Obama is calm and collected. Do you want somebody who can fly off the handle to become your president? I think not.

Can we please put this matter of experience to rest, if John McCain is qualified (only seeing the world through one or two lenses), then Obama is more than qualified (seeing the world through many lenses, based on life experiences).What specific problem do these people have with Obama. People who claim lack of experience, what is it really? (I am not referring to race or anything else stupid here) I am referring to Obama's qualities, what has he done to rub you the wrong way? WHY do you think hes inexperienced? (is it simply his age?) Why do you think Hillary Clinton is MORE experienced? Why do you think John McCain would do a better job? I would really like to know.

Thank You

This is the same country that elected Bush - more than once

I don't understand why everyone has to get so Anti-American at every single possible point.

But regardless of what you try to say, I was trying to say is that no one has faith in Obama because Hilary ISN'T the nominee. You guys act like Hilary Clinton as President would be the end of the {censored} rainbow. But she isn't. If most Hilary Clinton supporters, like MoC, vote for McCain because Barack is the nominee, I will have truly lost faith in the people.

I don't understand why everyone has to get so Anti-American at every single possible point.But regardless of what you try to say, I was trying to say is that no one has faith in Obama because Hilary ISN'T the nominee. You guys act like Hilary Clinton as President would be the end of the {censored} rainbow. But she isn't. If most Hilary Clinton supporters, like MoC, vote for McCain because Barack is the nominee, I will have truly lost faith in the people.
I agree 100%
This is the same country that elected Bush - more than once
Ah yes, we elected bush. But according to the votes, Al Gore WON the election in 2000, but the supreme court decided that George W Bush won the election. Keep in mind it was very close.In 2004, the election was also close, but George W. won this election narrowly as well.The problem with America is distance. The problem is that we are too big. We have the burden of having many geographical regions within our country with many differing points of view. Neither side is really more powerful than the other at the moment, so this country will have radically different leaders through election cycles. There are a lot of good, hard-working, open minded, and intelligent Americans out there. The internet is helping like you wouldn't believe! Independent thought is returning again, I can see it (at least where I live). Let's hope its around (the internet) for our children to enjoy.

Yes, but his experience doesn't have anything to do with the people who support him. He can be the worst person that is suited for president ever, and there were still 40,000 people at his rally last night.

That helps him but not the country when decline will start.

That helps him but not the country when decline will start.

It hasn't already declined? And you still haven't answered how Obama is 'less experienced' than McCain? Both are senators, although McCain has been one for longer now.

I agree 100%Ah yes, we elected bush. But according to the votes, Al Gore WON the election in 2000, but the supreme court decided that George W Bush won the election.

George Bush won more electoral votes and thus won the election. Al Gore had a minority of electoral votes and didn't win. Learn the system before screaming about who won and who didn't.

The popular vote doesn't decide anything but the electors for that certain state. It was designed to keep the population centers of the country from running/rigging the election and policies.

Go Barak !

In a mature democracy the parties aren't too divergent in their views it's not like you Americans are going to choose between Communists and Nazis. Seeing from outside I really don't see much policy differences between the candidates and this is the case in much of the world. That being the case the candidate is more important than the parties and Obama IMHO wins hands down.

Go Barak !

In a mature democracy the parties aren't too divergent in their views it's not like you Americans are going to choose between Communists and Nazis. Seeing from outside I really don't see much policy differences between the candidates and this is the case in much of the world. That being the case the candidate is more important than the parties and Obama IMHO wins hands down.

Uhm, his name is Barrack.

George Bush won more electoral votes and thus won the election. Al Gore had a minority of electoral votes and didn't win. Learn the system before screaming about who won and who didn't.The popular vote doesn't decide anything but the electors for that certain state. It was designed to keep the population centers of the country from running/rigging the election and policies.
I know that, It just sucks when the electoral college is different than the way people REALLY voted. That's all. I am not always pretending to know something ;).

Also, I wasn't screaming, I wasn't even mad, because I know that's our system. But its kind of an "aw man...." kind of moment. I would have done a lot more to fight the process if the election was actually stolen.

Uhm, his name is Barrack.

Actually, its Barack. It is not a hard name to spell. :P

Also, nobody has refuted my claims on Barack Obama's experience, is it safe to say you guys agree? Or...?