Acer 3680 Retail 10.6.4 successfull install + guide!

fayze

126 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

I been trying to update to 10.5.6

I got everything work great today expect for Battery indicator. I add AppleACPIPlatform.kext off of Acer 3680.zip and crashed my system so I had to reinstall everything....

was I post to install PowerManagement.bundle? How do I do that?

• 2 weeks later...

hmm, thats weird. you dont actually have to use the powermanagement bundle i dont think. but i installed so long ago i dont really remember, so i could be wrong. if its not working, one thing to check is to make sure the permissions and ownership are set correctly. in a month im going to try some different installs and see how they go. maybe attempt a boot 132 and retail install.

hmm, thats weird. you dont actually have to use the powermanagement bundle i dont think. but i installed so long ago i dont really remember, so i could be wrong. if its not working, one thing to check is to make sure the permissions and ownership are set correctly. in a month im going to try some different installs and see how they go. maybe attempt a boot 132 and retail install.

Good luck with that, I'd like to know how you do with the boot 132 install, because I may want to do that in the future. Oh, and I got the battery to show. :P

Well after testing about a dozen different powermanagement.bundles, I found a thread (forget which, I'll probably find and post it later) that has a kext that is supposed to recognize most laptop batteries. I installed that and went to my Energy Saver preferences (it was actually the first time I'd done it that day) and it recognized I had a battery, so I unplugged and plugged back in my charger and, what do you know, the battery meter's there.

Ok I believe I've found the thread.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1114896

Try the latest one.

Edit: You may have to add the .kext extension to the folder.

Edit #2: It may actually be this one, because after checking my history this is the last one I installed. And I installed it over the one above.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80425

Edit #3: I apologize for all the edits. Here is a thread that should greatly help most Acer 3680 users along with this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...aded&start=

haha yeah ive seen that thread. but i already had most of the same stuff, so i never mentioned it. it is good though. once the semesters over with ill attempt to reinstall using some different methods and post up the results. hopefully the retail install will work, as that will produce the safest to update with.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ive never gotten mine working. maybe once upon a time with tiger. but havnt recently in leopard. when i use it i can hear crackling and it picks up snaps but doesnt actually process it correctly. i would love to have it working too. does everyone else have their headphone jack working? i think physically broke and wont ever work again.

SUCCESS HERE !!!! :(

System:

Nexoc E625 Laptop

Intel Core2Duo T6400 2Ghz

2*2gb DDR2-800Mhz

Intel P45m / ICH9R

NVidia 9600M GT 512MB

iDeneb 1.5 10.5.7 -> Update to 10.5.8

Just copied the kext and the bundle to the specified folders, fixed permissions and reboot :D

WORKS GREAT, and I dont needed to install voodoo-ps2controller, internal kexboard+touchpad still working though :)

Now I finally got a battery-view.

BUT: Only the percentage is working, it does not recognize, wheter power-supply is plugged in or not. also he says "calculating ..... remaining" but he dont get further ....

But im very happy now, to see how much power is left :)

THANKS VERY MUCH :whistle:

would be glad, if there were some fixes for me :)

now i just have to wait for a working intel 4965agn driver, and i got a complete macbookpro :D (like c2d and 9600m gt, which is working so great)

greetings from germany (so excuse for some mistakes in language ;) )

foxxx ...

glad it worked for you, even though our hardware is so different. it doesnt display time remaining for me either, nor show a difference when im on battery or ac adapter. in energy saver i also cant set sleep preferences for the two separately. i think something is wrong in the kext with 10.5.8. it knows there is a battery and gets a charge for it, but isnt reporting it to the system correctly, hence the missing options in energy saver prefpane and the no time estimate. guess we'll just have to wait on superhai or someone to make a better kext.

• 4 months later...
glad it worked for you, even though our hardware is so different. it doesnt display time remaining for me either, nor show a difference when im on battery or ac adapter. in energy saver i also cant set sleep preferences for the two separately. i think something is wrong in the kext with 10.5.8. it knows there is a battery and gets a charge for it, but isnt reporting it to the system correctly, hence the missing options in energy saver prefpane and the no time estimate. guess we'll just have to wait on superhai or someone to make a better kext.

What happened with the guide on the front page? It seems like you updated the Acer 3680.rar, but didnt update the guide to go with it. There is no Boot132 ISO in the new rar file. I used to be great at these laptops, but I've been out of the scene for so long I cant remember how to install. Everytime I go to install IOPCIFamily.kext to get my ethernet working, it kernel panics on reboot. How lame!

i just dl'd both the guide and the rar and they look correct. the guide is for retail 10.5, and the iso is in the rar. the slimbuild.iso in the references folder is the Boot132 iso. its a custom made for this model of Acer. when you run the script thats what it names the iso file.

• 3 weeks later...