ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

AGP or PCI socket?

read the first post on this thread

http://tinyurl.com/4vlb8p <-driver

My 2400 is PCI-E.

Id tried that kexts, and it doesnt works either 10.5.5 neither 10.5.4 or 10.5.3. I had dotted screen with it.

and what about dev id? can anybody link me a manual how i can use my dev id (94c3) in plist in kexts?

Hi lastExile,

great JOB! You saved me so much time to install my HD2600 PRO!!!

I can't wait to see the PCIe updates for the HDs and 10.5.5

Big thanks for your work.

Can you say when these will be available?

hopefully soon

Its me again :)

Just made new tests today. Reporting:

PCI-E Gigabyte HD 2600 XT 256Mb DDR3 tested on iDeneb 10.5.5 with this kexts

Its fully working with QE/CI

thanx again 2 lastExile.

P.S. Waiting 2400 pro QE/CI support :)

lastExile I really appreciate all your efforts and I know this is like beating a dead horse however I was wondering if you could tell me why when I try the newATi files my card is detected as a 3470 HD Mobility and my device ID is 95c4 and I see most 3450 Mobility's which is what my card is supposed to be shows up as 95c5. By the way the new files brick my system....... I am very hopeful that we can work on this and I would be more than willing to test whatever you need to come up with a working driver. Can you tell me if there has been any progress made on these cards?

Is there any word on the Mobility Front? Specifically for the ATI Mobility Radeon HD2400 (DevID: 94C9)?

Just for the sake of interest sans the bad/faulty Chips in Laptops with nVidia Graphics, is it on the whole easier to set up a Laptop with an Intel/nVidia Part then an Intel/AMD(ATI) Part??

Thanks...

Hi!  I'm also still hoping for a mobility fix or driver.  Here is a quick scenario that might be of interest!

Every driver I tried, every fix I did, failed 100%, by either making no change, or resulting in a bricked osx install, with ONE EXCEPTION.

The "ATI_NEW.zip" file on these forums did SOMETHING, and didn't BRICK my system.  It didn't render it fully useful or anything - but I was able to use that ATI_NEW.zip file and witness OSX actually reccognizing my card for once.  What I did was installed it, and tried to boot into OSX.  It gave me a screen where I could see nothing (garbled).  So I booted into safe mode, and it actually let me in (woot don't have to reinstall osx at that point!) - and what's more, is when I went to system profiler, I could see the chipset actually reccognized as : "ATI Radeon Mobility 3650 (Vanilla)".  I found it odd that it was listed as "(Vanilla)" like that, but fact of the matter is, it was actually reccognized, and in safe mode I could see it.  SO, to some extent I believe the ATI_NEW.zip file made progress, at least in the sense that it was actually reccognized and didn't brick my system entirely.  After that I installed one of the newer 3650 installers in safe mode, I forget which, and it didn't "ressurect" my video, but it did make it so when I went into normal mode again, the screen changed and instead of it going from garbled to white, it went from garbled, to garbled - but again didn't brick.  So I went back into safe-mode and installed the other 3650 installer (I think the eps one) and it bricked me good.  I was hoping some crazy combination of the installer and the ATI_NEW file would get me up and running.

I'm willing to try whatever you pros can think of - one thing to note though, is that on the windows XP side of things, I was able to force windows to use the radeon 3600 drivers (non mobility) and my video worked fine.  I know windows is a different beast all together, but if there is any tie there, it might be useful information for you OSX hacking experts :P

High hopes and awaiting feedback!

Hi!  I'm also still hoping for a mobility fix or driver.  Here is a quick scenario that might be of interest!

Every driver I tried, every fix I did, failed 100%, by either making no change, or resulting in a bricked osx install, with ONE EXCEPTION.

The "ATI_NEW.zip" file on these forums did SOMETHING, and didn't BRICK my system.  It didn't render it fully useful or anything - but I was able to use that ATI_NEW.zip file and witness OSX actually reccognizing my card for once.  What I did was installed it, and tried to boot into OSX.  It gave me a screen where I could see nothing (garbled).  So I booted into safe mode, and it actually let me in (woot don't have to reinstall osx at that point!) - and what's more, is when I went to system profiler, I could see the chipset actually reccognized as : "ATI Radeon Mobility 3650 (Vanilla)".  I found it odd that it was listed as "(Vanilla)" like that, but fact of the matter is, it was actually reccognized, and in safe mode I could see it.  SO, to some extent I believe the ATI_NEW.zip file made progress, at least in the sense that it was actually reccognized and didn't brick my system entirely.  After that I installed one of the newer 3650 installers in safe mode, I forget which, and it didn't "ressurect" my video, but it did make it so when I went into normal mode again, the screen changed and instead of it going from garbled to white, it went from garbled, to garbled - but again didn't brick.  So I went back into safe-mode and installed the other 3650 installer (I think the eps one) and it bricked me good.  I was hoping some crazy combination of the installer and the ATI_NEW file would get me up and running.

I'm willing to try whatever you pros can think of - one thing to note though, is that on the windows XP side of things, I was able to force windows to use the radeon 3600 drivers (non mobility) and my video worked fine.  I know windows is a different beast all together, but if there is any tie there, it might be useful information for you OSX hacking experts :rolleyes:

Hi, a ilttle off the topic, but i just want to ask, i have tried installing ideneb 1.3 10.5.5 on studio 17, but i keep geting boot1 :error. I actually have two hard drives in my studio, and i have tried to install it on both drives individually and nothing works.

thanks

...snip...

So I booted into safe mode, and it actually let me in (woot don't have to reinstall osx at that point!) -

...snip...

FYI, you usually don't need to completely re-install the OS - simply remove the offending kext file by:

boot into single user mode: -s at startup

mount the drive: mount -uw /

go to the system kexts: cd /System/Library/Extensions

remove the bricking kext file: rm -R <whatever>.kext

reboot: reboot

force a reload of caches: -f at startup

Make sense?

Patrick

Hi, a ilttle off the topic, but i just want to ask, i have tried installing ideneb 1.3 10.5.5 on studio 17, but i keep geting boot1 :error. I actually have two hard drives in my studio, and i have tried to install it on both drives individually and nothing works.

thanks

Works dandy for me and most others who have tried Ideneb on studio 17, its possible you have a bad distro of it, you might want to try downloading it again.  Just in case you are messing up something simple, I'll give a quick rundown of a very basic ideneb install.

Insert Disk

Press f12 to access boot menu on dell studio 17

Choose to install from CD

Hit Enter at prompt to start install

Wait a couple minutes for OSX installation screen to pop up, click next until you can get to the "select a drive to install on" (or whatever) screen.

At the top you will see a drop-down menu with stuff you can choose to do, go to the disk-utilities part.

Click the button to erase the drive you want to install osx on, and choose the Journaled filesystem as a format.

Close out of the disk utilities area.

Choose the drive to install OSX on, and install it.

You should be up and running when its all said and done!

----

If you are having problems you either have something in your bios screwed up (you'll have to go in and fix it yourself - as I'm not sure what your problem would be - maybe choose to reset to factory defaults) - or you have a bad distribution of Ideneb (I had that happen with iatkos, then I got another copy of iatkos and it went fine - but ideneb is by far the smoothest install I've tried on the dell studio so far).

FYI, you usually don't need to completely re-install the OS - simply remove the offending kext file by:

boot into single user mode: -s at startup

mount the drive: mount -uw /

go to the system kexts: cd /System/Library/Extensions

remove the bricking kext file: rm -R <whatever>.kext

reboot: reboot

force a reload of caches: -f at startup

Make sense?

Patrick

Hmm, provided I can dig up all my kexts - I'll have to give that a shot the next time I completely EFF my OSX install, thank you for the information kind sir! ^^

Has anyone tried, just straight up, the laptop 1.2 update from october to get these cards working?  I mean if the wireless update just magically fixed my wi-fi card, maybe this too will be a lucky fix?  If not I'll try this when I get home tonight!

*EDIT* - It looks like someone indeed HAS tried the apple 1.2 lappy software update, unsuccessfull (aparently thats what lead to these "ATI_NEW.zip" files?) - but upon reading more, I noticed it says on that "10 things" page:

"5. The MacBooks run a special build of OS X, not yet released to other Macs

The MacBook we have on loan from Apple is running OS X 10.5.5, build 9F2114 — whereas the latest release issued to Macs generally is 9F33. We've spotted some small changes so far…"

Is it possible we need this distribution of OSX to make the video-card drivers actually useful?

Acutally I think your problem lies in your boot record. You should try and search how to dual boot unless both of your drives are mac os x

Fujilives your a step ahead of me I tried the new ATi kexts. just to try and boot safe mode to see what would happen and I am bricked either way

I still think the problem is frame buffer which I have no clue how to fix it is great that the card is recoginzed but, I am at loss at this point. Time for a kext delete or possibly a fresh install from iDeneb or Leopard and I tried the MB update and it would not let me install it........

Acutally I think your problem lies in your boot record. You should try and search how to dual boot unless both of your drives are mac os x

Fujilives your a step ahead of me I tried the new ATi kexts. just to try and boot safe mode to see what would happen and I am bricked either way

I still think the problem is frame buffer which I have no clue how to fix it is great that the card is recoginzed but, I am at loss at this point. Time for a kext delete or possibly a fresh install from iDeneb or Leopard and I tried the MB update and it would not let me install it........

I own a camcorder, and I need to try an update to some video-editing software tonight - so If I have the time I'll record what I did to get the "safe mode" to reccognize the card when I get home and upload it to vimeo for your viewing pleasure :) - when this is all said and done I'll gladly throw together a step-by-step on how to get a full Dell-Studio install going, provided of course, that we CAN get it all going.

For the first time ever!! This ALL_NEW.zip has activated QE for me (2900 XT, id 9400). P5B, Jmicron, ICH8, Azilla Sound. BUT after 10 minutes or so, it freezes. Anybody a hint for a solution or a cause, or another freezing problem with a solution i could adapt?

Radeon (Powercolor? not sure) HD 2400 pro 256Mb

Tried this kexts with iDeneb 10.5.5

it works, but no QE/CI.

Any solutions?

And can anyone explain what i must write in ID DEV string if id of my device 94c3?

AGP or PCI socket?

read the first post on this thread

http://tinyurl.com/4vlb8p <-driver

10.5.5, Ati Radeon 2400 Pro id: 94c3 don't work with this, I dont't believe that you installed these drivers and they are working.... .

And my question, will be possible the support soon for id: 94c3/ Ati radeon Pro 2400/ with 10.5.5 and 10.5.up than 5 ?

Hi! I'm also still hoping for a mobility fix or driver. Here is a quick scenario that might be of interest!

The "ATI_NEW.zip" file on these forums did SOMETHING, and didn't BRICK my system. It didn't render it fully useful or anything - but I was able to use that ATI_NEW.zip file and witness OSX actually reccognizing my card for once. What I did was installed it, and tried to boot into OSX. It gave me a screen where I could see nothing (garbled). So I booted into safe mode, and it actually let me in (woot don't have to reinstall osx at that point!) - and what's more, is when I went to system profiler, I could see the chipset actually reccognized as : "ATI Radeon Mobility 3650 (Vanilla)". I found it odd that it was listed as "(Vanilla)" like that, but fact of the matter is, it was actually reccognized, and in safe mode I could see it. SO, to some extent I believe the ATI_NEW.zip file made progress, at least in the sense that it was actually reccognized and didn't brick my system entirely. After that I installed one of the newer 3650 installers in safe mode, I forget which, and it didn't "ressurect" my video, but it did make it so when I went into normal mode again, the screen changed and instead of it going from garbled to white, it went from garbled, to garbled - but again didn't brick. So I went back into safe-mode and installed the other 3650 installer (I think the eps one) and it bricked me good. I was hoping some crazy combination of the installer and the ATI_NEW file would get me up and running.

I'm willing to try whatever you pros can think of - one thing to note though, is that on the windows XP side of things, I was able to force windows to use the radeon 3600 drivers (non mobility) and my video worked fine. I know windows is a different beast all together, but if there is any tie there, it might be useful information for you OSX hacking experts :)

Yeah! I have HD3470 and I have same probleme here :) It's something wrong somewhere, atix2000, natit, or whatever... After many reinstalations of the drivers, i think there is someting about resolution. Maybe is to big, or maybe is some conflict with x11 system. Never tested without x11 ;)

And also, after many analisys I think the natit is the problem, but I have try to edit and there is an EFI source... maybe something is wrong inthat code... too many hex codes in there :) ) ...for me! Netkas, some help please... aaaa... and I've installed efi emulation, but without succes for the drivers... ;)

I will post here, another list of data of HD3470... hopping to help those who write the drivers for us

If you want to review my posts, please follow the link: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showuser=75278 @ Posts TAB ;)

Another Studio 15 user here hoping for HD 3450 drivers. Thanks to those working on this project to make it happen.

You may want to check your device ID in the system profiler for your ATi as I recently discovered what I thought was a 3450 is actually a 3470 on my Dell

By the way not to thread hijack but you may want to check my last post on the Dell Studio thread as I have posted a somewhat working IDT driver for your audio.

Thanks, Mark

LastExile EPS you guys are great please keep up the good work. I have faith the mobility mission is not a lost cause.....

Thanks,

Another Studio 15 user here hoping for HD 3450 drivers. Thanks to those working on this project to make it happen.

You may want to check your device ID in the system profiler for your ATi as I recently discovered what I thought was a 3450 is actually a 3470 on my Dell

By the way not to thread hijack but you may want to check my last post on the Dell Studio thread as I have posted a somewhat working IDT driver for your audio.

Thanks, Mark

LastExile EPS you guys are great please keep up the good work. I have faith the mobility mission is not a lost cause.....

Thanks,

your device id would be 95c5 for 3450 and 95c4 is a 3470.......

Hey Everyone!

I join everyone here in thanking LastExile & Eps for all the work. Even if it hasn't worked for me. Here's my setup:

OSX86: Ideneb 1.3 10.5.5 (MBR)

Mobo:Asus NCCH-DL

CPU: 2X Intel Xeon Irwindale (3Ghz)

Chipset: ESB6300 ICH

Video: SAPPHIRE HD 3850 512MB GDDR3 AGP (0x95151002) (This card has 2 DVI's, no VGA)

Screen: Compaq MV900 VGA Connected by a DVI2VGA connector

I've tried the package on the first page, and it gives me a black screen. I've tried other HD 3850 related solutions (including Triakis), but those gave me the same result or a seriously garbled screen. Though I did once have OSX "recognising" my card, all it did was change "unknown card" to "ATI Radeon HD 3850". There was no change whatsoever aside from that. I've cloned my current install to another partition, from which I have saved my original install many times! (Thank you, CarbonCopy Cloner) This allows me to try all kinds of solutions in a relatively short amount of time. But I've run out of solutions. Does anybody here have any ideas?