Mac Optimizer (NVRAM and Kext Cache Cleanup and Rebuilding PrelinkedKernel Tool) 2.5c1

2 Screenshots

About This File

This is a tool for cleaning the NVRAM and Kext Caches and rebuilding the PrelinkedKernel.

Please do not post/upload or redistribute this app to other sites or forums.

What's New in Version 2.5c1   See changelog

Released

2.5c1 is the first beta for Catalina.

There are few changes for resolving the issues which makes the app to stop. This is a beta version so if you find a bug please let me know.

SIP now can be enabled with the 2.4 version

• You can now run Mac Optimizer with SIP being enabled.
  • Optimized for macOS Mojave DP10
  • Fixed Code Signing issue which resulted the app to crash on macOS Mojave DP9
  • Fixed the certification issue. (Please let me know if there is an issue opening the image files or the app)
  • Adding a new feature to rebuild LaunchServices to remove duplicate "Open With" menu items
  • Adding a new feature to repair system extensions permissions (/L/E and /S/L/E)  
  • Adding a new feature to rebuild XPC Caches
  • Fix for application crash on macOS Mojave DP7 (Thanks to @Matgen84 for testing and the bug report)
  • Fix some typo in the app's GUI (Thanks to @JennyDavid and @ricoc90 for finding the typo)
  • Now it's called Mac Optimizer
  • New interface and UI design
  • Performance Improvements
  • Recoding the app in Objective-C and AppleScript 

With my special thanks to @JennyDavid for her great help on this project!

And also special thanks to:

@ricoc90 and @Matgen84 for their support and donations :)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 10

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi @Cyberdevs.

I tested your app in my HS 10.13.6. But it stuck, and consume a lot of processing and RAM.
I need to force finishing. :cry:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Allan said:

Hi @Cyberdevs.

I tested your app in my HS 10.13.6. But it stuck, and consume a lot of processing and RAM.
I need to force finishing. :cry:

Hi @Allan,

Thanks for your feedback.

The app performs several tasks which takes time and slows down the system a little bit and that's normal.

If you wait until the app is done doing what it needs to you'll be prompted to restart the system.

I changed the app from being an Automator Application to a normal app and I'm still working on adding the progress bar so it show's that it still doing something but it's gonna take more time for me to fix the progress bar but in the meanwhile I changed it back to an Automator Application so you can tell that it's running.

Please run the v. 1.0.4d and see if it works

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The v1.0.4d works fine for me in High Sierra 10.13.6 & Mojave beta 3 (PB). :thumbsup_anim:

A small suggestion, I'd prefer for all my opened apps to be closed/quit automatically before the restart (including the app) just to ensure that I have a clean reboot.

• Like 3

The v1.0.4d works fine in Mojave Beta 4 DP (Dark mode) :)

If I understand well, the app finishes its tasks on the black screen with pointer. Which could explain that it does not close automatically.

Thanks for testing the app and giving me your precious feedbacks, I really appreciate it :yes:

@JennyDavid

I guess I can add that feature to quit all apps before restarting, the reason that I didn't add it already is the app will force the system to restart once the "Restart" button is selected.

But I'm always open to new suggestions (as long as I can make them work :D )

I will add the feature and let you know.

38 minutes ago, JennyDavid said:

The v1.0.4d works fine for me in High Sierra 10.13.6 & Mojave beta 3 (PB). :thumbsup_anim:

A small suggestion, I'd prefer for all my opened apps to be closed/quit automatically before the restart (including the app) just to ensure that I have a clean reboot.

24 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

The v1.0.4d works fine in Mojave Beta 4 DP (Dark mode) :)

If I understand well, the app finishes its tasks on the black screen with pointer. Which could explain that it does not close automatically.

The new version shouldn't be hanging on the black screen, it should simply close and reboot the system although I have to say the reboot process might take a bit longer once the app is done its tasks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JennyDavid said:

@Cyberdevs

For your reference on the error. Can't launch the app.

2044830500_ScreenShot2018-07-29at12_41_01AM.png.1d492ca3752acc552e745985877dd897.png

Thanks I guess I messed somethings up. I'll fix it right away :)

• Like 1

Yep! The new version which you upload just now works great. Thank you so much @Cyberdevs  :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks to you Jenny for the suggestion and taking the time to test the app:lol:

1 minute ago, Cyberdevs said:

Thanks to you Jenny for the suggestion and taking the time to test the app:lol:

Sure, no problem buddy. Just a small suggestion and you made it possible in no time!  :thumbsup_anim:

Thank you again. :D 

~ Such a great app to be used now! :drool:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JennyDavid said:

Sure, no problem buddy. Just a small suggestion and you made it possible in no time!  :thumbsup_anim:

Thank you again. :D 

~ Such a great app to be used now! :drool:

My pleasure :)

• Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 2:30 PM, Cyberdevs said:

I tested them both and they work ok.

What error do you get while running them?

New version can't die nothing, early version produce this error:

error app.jpg

3 minutes ago, yabab235 said:

Let me check and I'll get back to you.

3 hours ago, yabab235 said:

error app.jpg

Just place the attached icon (KEXT.icns) in the following path:

/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/

Once done, the app should work just fine :)

• Haha 1

@JennyDavid

That's one way to solve it. :)

But the my question is why it's not there at the first place?

@yabab235

Which macOS version are you using?

Because the KEXT.icns is the part of the macOS CoreTypes.bundle and it is in the same path on Sierra, High Sierra and Mojave DP4 (as far as I checked)

I'm installing Mojave DP5 to make sure the files is there as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@JennyDavid

That's one way to solve it. :)

But the my question is why it's not there at the first place?

At times, while an app is running, if you try to "FORCE Quit" the app, the icon file/script may get damaged/corrupted. 

6 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@yabab235

Which macOS version are you using?

Because the KEXT.icns is the part of the macOS CoreTypes.bundle and it is in the same path on Sierra, High Sierra and Mojave DP4 (as far as I checked)

I'm installing Mojave DP5 to make sure the files is there as well.

The icon file is there in Mojave DP5. Nothing has changed so far. The app is working perfectly fine.

• Like 1

At times, while an app is running, if you try to "FORCE Quit" the app, the icon file/script may get damaged/corrupted. 

The icon file is there in Mojave DP5. Nothing has changed so far. The app is working perfectly fine.

Thanks a lot for confirming the app's functionality :)

I was just wondering what could be the cause for @yabab235's crash report and weird error message.

• Like 1

Thanks for this useful tool, it works well for AMD systems where others won’t do a complete rebuild.    Intel as well, thanks again, and especially for updating the tool.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

Thanks for this useful tool, it works well for AMD systems where others won’t do a complete rebuild.    Intel as well, thanks again, and especially for updating the tool.

You're welcome,

I'm glad that you find it useful :)

1 hour ago, bronxteck said:

after downloading your new app osx says the file is damaged

Gatekeeper disabled? If not, run this in Terminal:

sudo spctl --master-disable

• Like 1