-T7500 CPU

-4GB OCZ Value DDR2 RAM

-200GB 7200 RPM 7K200

-GEFORCE 8600 GT 256MB

I'm using iATKOS 2.0i, installed with the following option:

-vanilla 9.2.2 kernel

After the os install I ran the post-installer with the following options:

-graphics - works, but no restart/shutdown as everyone else

-powermanagement - battery meter/speedstep shows up, sleep works but cannot wake up, causes the onboard ps/2 trackpad/keyboard to stop working! after checking with -v boot option it seems like no device was detected/loaded at boot

-two finger scrolling - not working

-sound - not working but that's probably cause I randomly selected a driver hoping it'll work and also sound is not as much of an issue as the others such as sleep and keyboard problems

-media keys enabler - works

Seeing that most people have had more success I'm going to try the Kalyway release as well, just to see the difference...

I have the T8300 but otherwise the same laptop running as much vanilla as I can. I tried to patch the kext myself, the keyboard and mouse still work, and the battery meter does also. The only weird thing is that the power option is stuck at custom but it seems to run fine, much cooler then vista and performance seems to be good besides start up (I'm running off an external hd so that probably explains that). My sound seems to work fine after putting the computer in sleep. I didn't do the sleep patch or anything so it doesn't stay in sleep mode very long but the sound works fine after it comes back. Apparently my ethernet is working too, though I haven't tested it. It's the marvel yukon 88E8040. In Kalaway and Leo4allv3 it never showed up but in iATKOSv2 it does show up in my network list of devices as en0, an ethernet port so I should see if its working later.

Edit, safari is having issues with attaching the file so here is a rapidshare link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/117550935/Appl...m.kext.zip.html

Are you using modded or Vanilla AppleACPIplatform.kext?

I'm using Vanilla with ACPIPS2nub.kext, sometimes when it wakes the keyboard is stucked like a key is pressed all the time but pressing any key resolves the problem.

There are several tricks to regain sound on speakers, the last one is to shutdown with the headphones selected boot again and select speakers.

I used the one included in the post-installer so it is patched. I've tried to use the vanilla version with jaro12345's powermanagement bundle and mac.nub's applesmbios to enable battery meter and only succeded once. It disappeared after reboot and no matter how hard I try it wouldn't come back.

I have the T8300 but otherwise the same laptop running as much vanilla as I can. I tried to patch the kext myself, the keyboard and mouse still work, and the battery meter does also. The only weird thing is that the power option is stuck at custom but it seems to run fine, much cooler then vista and performance seems to be good besides start up (I'm running off an external hd so that probably explains that). My sound seems to work fine after putting the computer in sleep. I didn't do ...

I'm trying to do the same too, as vanilla as I can. It's worth noting that my ethernet also show up. I'll test this once I get home.

Thanks for feedback.

About two-fingers, i have to update informations, but only 1-finger scrolling is actually working, and you need to disable "two fingers" in system preferences.

Thanks for the post installer :) Just thought that I help out ironing out the bugs and whatnot.

I used the one included in the post-installer so it is patched. I've tried to use the vanilla version with jaro12345's powermanagement bundle and mac.nub's applesmbios to enable battery meter and only succeded once. It disappeared after reboot and no matter how hard I try it wouldn't come back.

AppleSMBIOS.kext is not the same as AppleACPIPlatform.kext which it contains the kexts responsible for the keyboard.

AppleSMBIOS.kext is not the same as AppleACPIPlatform.kext which it contains the kexts responsible for the keyboard.

I see. So that's exactly what's causing the problem. The AppleACPIPlatform.kext installed by the post installer is not working with m1530 and iATKOS 2.0i. It would not find the ps2 devices. I was off topic talking about the AppleSMBIOS.kext... :thumbsup_anim:

Anyways, I'll try and manually fix everything from a fresh iATKOS 2.0i (which I currently am running) and report back.

I see. So that's exactly what's causing the problem. The AppleACPIPlatform.kext installed by the post installer is not working with m1530 and iATKOS 2.0i. It would not find the ps2 devices. I was off topic talking about the AppleSMBIOS.kext... :thumbsup_anim:

Anyways, I'll try and manually fix everything from a fresh iATKOS 2.0i (which I currently am running) and report back.

Can you attach your AppleACPIPlatform.kext from iATKOS 2.0i (it should be in backup folder: /DellLaptops/Backup/); i will make some tests with.

Thanks.

I have gotten everything working apart from the sound on my M1530, ive installed the 9228 driver from this package. it worked first time but after reboot it stopped working, which i have read is a problem. i couldnt find a list of solutions or work arounds for this, but i have tried sleep method and it didnt work. i tried to reinstall the driver ontop of itself and again it worked once but then stopped. i only installed the 8xxx drivers which work fine, the british keyboard, and the 9228 drivers.

is there any work around atm to get sound? i dont mind compromising on graphics, the sound it the most important.

I managed to update to 10.5.3 with nub kernel on my inspiron 1720 with 8600M GT, AHCI enabled, MBR

but I cant get Quartz extreme enabled. I got it all working properly in 10.5.2 and copied the NVinjectGo.kext using kext helper. Then I tried all the various updates from NVinject and the sonotone script.

Now it sees NVidia with 256mb but no QE

Thanks sonotone

Before you replied I tried removing NVinjectGo.kext and installing NVkush. It finally worked after I replaced the NVCAP string of NVkush with one I fished out of this thread earlier.

I have downloaded your package and will try it if nvkush plays up.

I'm a happy chappy now. I have 10.5.3 plus 3 XP installs all running with "Masterbooter" as bootmanager. No other bootmanager could do this with AHCI enabled.

Dell Inspiron 1720

Hey there,

I got a problem after updating to 10.5.3 on my XPS 1530, hope you can clear up a bit.

When first rebooting after the comboupdate i got a KP saying that it couldn't find an AHCI driver... think the problem is known by now. I Fixed it with this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107985

Then I reactivated QE/CI by installing Natit, patched AppleHDA to get sound, ... seemed to work now. Then I wanted to get back sleep and BatteryMeter (I am using Vanilla Kernel and iAtkos EFI) and tried to install this with your Dell Package 0.2.1. not knowing about a 10.5.3 ready-pack. I only chose Batterymeter, TurnLidOn (I guess it was working before, but reinstalled for safety) and Sleep for Vanilla. After a reboot I got again this AHCI KP, but AHCI fix doesn't work anymore. The AHCI fix includes AppleAHCIPort.kext, iTunesPhoneDriver.kext , IOSerialFamily.kext, IOAHCIFamily.kext. Maybe someone could tell me which kext I have to restore to get back my mac! I don't know which kext where exchanged by the Dell Package 0.2.1.

Maybe it could solve the problems if I get the kext of the 0.2.9 pack, I can't extract them because I can't boot to OSX.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to any suggestions!

Greets

Your kexts are saved into /DellLaptop/backup/

I think you have to replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext into Extensions folder (that was a bug of these earliers builds). If you have a windows dual boot, just manage it with macdrive, or use installation disk and do it in command line (you will find how-to by searching on insanely).

good luck.

Hi

Thank you a thousand times for the quick reply. ACPI Platform sounds good, was my guess too. The only problem is that I can't find DellLaptop directory. There is instead one that's called "Inspiron" with a APCPIPlatform inside. May this be the right?

I guess it is a stupid question and the answer is yes, but I don't want to damage my installation another time... :P

Thx

Sorry to bother you again...

I replaced the ACPIPlatform, managed to boot into OSX, USB was gone. I Installed the Powermanagement of your 0.2.9 build, that brought back USB, BatteryMeter, Sleep... everything working perfect so far. One and only problem: my keyboard doesn't work anymore since I installed the 0.2.9 build. In DellLaptops Backup there is only an ACPIPlatform, but ofcourse in my Extensions folder there is one too.

Does the ACPIPlatform have anything to do with my keyboard? How can I get it back? Restoring the ACPIPlatform in the Backup?

In the old Inspiron folder, I saw some other files like an ApplePS2Controller. Would it help if i restored it?

Thanks a thousand times for your support!

Greets

Yes, try to restore backuped appleacipplatform.

You are the second on who have this issue with iatkos, if your keyboard and battery meter work after backup, please post this appleacpiplatform here, i want to try it on others disribs. thx.

Differents versions are matched in info.plist: 1.1.0 for kalyway and 1.2.1 for Iatkos. Yours is not compatible with Kalyway distrib, i also loose PS2 support. there is a compatibility issue with an other(s) kext(s).

Anyway, i will include both on installer until we find a solution for all distribs.

Hi sonotone, just to report the 2 fingers scrolling. I used the XPS M1530 config files and:

Single tap on buttons,

double tap to move window,

2 fingers scrolling (verticle, didn't verify horizontal)

Works!

Before this none of the above mention works. As a side note, i didn't have to change anything, default settings work fine.

I've also tried the battery meter, works without frying the processor (i have Temperature Monitor running in the background just to be sure). After a good 30 minutes idle, it still works like a charm

First thank you sonotone for your package.I installed Kalway 10.5.2..

I got battery meter and sound working in my XPS 1530 .After reboot the sound doesnt work.

Sleep to doesnt work for me I get a message that "hold your power buuton for a few secs to turn off your computer" I assume its a Kernel Panic????

Reboot or shutdown the monitor goes dead black and i have to manually turn off and restart it again :(

I know theres some workaround to do it,but i dont understand it since im new to OSX.it would be nice if some one gimme a step by step guide to do it.

Another request to all those ktext, APCI ,HDA computer jargons drive me nuts,can some one explain me tat or point a link for me to understand it???

Wi FI and Ethernet doesnt seems to work ....

My system config is

DELL XPS 1530

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 2.10GHZ

Audio: Sigmatel STAC9228

Video: Nvidia 8600 GT 256MB

Ethernet: Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E

Wi Fi: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

Differents versions are matched in info.plist: 1.1.0 for kalyway and 1.2.1 for Iatkos. Yours is not compatible with Kalyway distrib, i also loose PS2 support. there is a compatibility issue with an other(s) kext(s).

Anyway, i will include both on installer until we find a solution for all distribs.

Kinda wierd guys...my battery meter is working now!!! in 10.5.3

1. Using IATKOS v2.0i install, used 9.2.2 Vanilla (then tweaked the settings using your 0.3.0 package. Did not choose Battery Meter this time since it was working by default)

2. Upgraded to 10.5.3 using Kalyway's Combo + 9.3 Vanilla (lost battery meter and AHCI. Fixed AHCI).

3. Used your package 0.3.0 to restore previous settings for Dell m1330 and chose Power Management->Battery Meter (IATKOS 10.5.x) this time around. Repaired permissions and rebooted

5. Got the Battery Meter! Eject! showing up on bar but lost Keyboard & Mouse functionality (had to plug in USB Keyboard+Mouse)

6. Used the attached AppleACPIPlatform.kext (on this thread 'itdoesnotwork's attachment) and repaired permissions once again. Nothing good (still no Keyboard & Mouse) after reboot (probably because I was using Kalyway's version)

7. Reverted back to the old AppleACPIPlatform.kext in the DellLaptops Backup Subdirectory. Repaired Permissions once again.

8. Rebooted and ALL IS WORKING NOW (keyboard, mouse, battery meter, etc!).

WOO HOO! Thanks everyone for the guidance! 10.5.3 on my m1330 is awesome! Albeit, hopefully somebody will find a solution the the Shutdown and Reboot issues and the internal NIC for the m1330, but it's great so far!

Kinda wierd guys...my battery meter is working now!!! in 10.5.3

1. Using IATKOS v2.0i install, used 9.2.2 Vanilla (then tweaked the settings using your 0.3.0 package. Did not choose Battery Meter this time since it was working by default)

2. Upgraded to 10.5.3 using Kalyway's Combo + 9.3 Vanilla (lost battery meter and AHCI. Fixed AHCI).

3. Used your package 0.3.0 to restore previous settings for Dell m1330 and chose Power Management->Battery Meter (IATKOS 10.5.x) this time around. Repaired permissions and rebooted

5. Got the Battery Meter! Eject! showing up on bar but lost Keyboard & Mouse functionality (had to plug in USB Keyboard+Mouse)

6. Used the attached AppleACPIPlatform.kext (on this thread 'itdoesnotwork's attachment) and repaired permissions once again. Nothing good (still no Keyboard & Mouse) after reboot (probably because I was using Kalyway's version)

7. Reverted back to the old AppleACPIPlatform.kext in the DellLaptops Backup Subdirectory. Repaired Permissions once again.

8. Rebooted and ALL IS WORKING NOW (keyboard, mouse, battery meter, etc!).

After Kalyway combo update, it was necessary to use battery meter "classic", not the Iatkos; the one you fund in backup folder was provide by the kalyway's update. But i assume that's not very clear!

WOO HOO! Thanks everyone for the guidance! 10.5.3 on my m1330 is awesome! Albeit, hopefully somebody will find a solution the the Shutdown and Reboot issues and the internal NIC for the m1330, but it's great so far!

worked perfect !

Good! :(

EDIT: i've just take a look inside IAtKOS 2.0 release. It appears that diferents AppleACPIPlatforms are used;

if you choose Vanilla Kernel (the kext is matched 1.2.1.), you need to use Battery Meter IATKOS 10.5.x

If you choose patched kernel; AppleACPIPlatform should be compatible with "classic". (Matched 1.1.0)