osx86 10.4.4 dvd installer out in the open

hdavy2002

85 posts in this topic

Let me get this straight:

1.There IS an image floating around that actually installs 10.4.4 on an intel system and boots it?

2.You need to patch this install disc if you have an intel cpu?

3.You need the restore image as well for this to work?

About 8 GB of downloading for me...

Let me get this straight:

1.There IS an image floating around that actually installs 10.4.4 on an intel system and boots it?

2.You need to patch this install disc if you have an intel cpu?

3.You need the restore image as well for this to work?

About 8 GB of downloading for me...

1. Yes there is an OSx86 10.4.4 Install DVD

2. No, you only need patches for AMD processors, Intel CPUs are fine.

3. Depends. You can patch the Restore Disk and install from that, but the Install DVD doesn't require patches for Intel systems.

Ok.

after few hours with new system i found some bugs

I don't know why but start up disk utility doesn't work for me - any changes can't by saved and restart doesn't work but the worst thing is - after all my experiments my mbr was broken - i fix it with windows installation cd with fixmbr and fixboot comands - and after that my osx dosn't boot anymore [i use chain0 and f8 combinaction]. I was curious wtf going on - I found the solution but I'm not happy with it besides I don't know why my wiffi is not working now. Hmm now I wanna try to use start up utility from 10.4.3 I hope it helps besides I don't know what I have to do with this wifi - I started thinking about come back to 10.4.3 but this is too simple.

OK just to clear this up,, can someone please tell me the method I need to use to patch this DVD for AMD support?

Any hints, tips, clues would be appreciated.

Even if you just point me to somewhere I can read about how to do it, that would be cool.

GJ

Yay! I figured out how to patch the DVD for AMD support and now the DVD boots and installs OS X without issue.

The only thing is that now when I start OS X I get a bunch of weird text spinning by amazingly quick at the start of booting, which then seems to right itself after about 5 seconds and no graphics for the rest of the boot process. It also crashes the GUI and goes into a never ending loop of trying to load the GUI and then crashing, trying to load the GUI and then crashing, until finally I have to give up and reboot.

It seems that even though OS X is installed that I might not be done with patching yet. Do I need to replace the kernel - or is there something else I need to do that I am missing? 10.4.3 from VMWARE worked OK (although it was a bit slow), so I do know it works OK on this system. (See my specs below).

When I apply these patches am I just patching the ISO for compatibility, or am I patching the complete OS? Patching the ISIO seems to be suspiciously fast. (typically it takes less than a second to apply each patch).

Any advice would be welcomed.

GJ

^ Same Question

it took me hours and hours of fidgeting to get 10.4.1 on my laptoppy (celeron M SSE2)

i d/l 10.4.4 and will i have to spend hours again or can i just uninstall 10.4.1 on my top and then reinstall 10.4.4?

and also does anyone have a guide for doing that cause i did the install in dec and i have totally forgotten how to do it.

thanks!

-V

Guys,I started this topic and I am the one stuck with this new download.

I burned the thing and went to boot. it stops at mac 5.9 py 4.3 radio 4.6 and then says waiting for root device.

it has to do somethign with my wireless, i have an in build Aetheros wireless and there is no option to disable it in bios nor do I have any HW setup in my toshiba satellite A75.

All day I have been reseaching and no luck.

Any idea, how can I by pass that message.

Look, don't rely on someone else to do the work for you. if you want it done rght, do it yourself. and what makes you think the author didn't plant a script to get all the personal information when you connect to the net? quit whining and do it yourself. i don't understand why you folks take the short cut. there's nothing to learn from it and if you don't have the patience, you shouldn't be running Tiger illegally.

Look, don't rely on someone else to do the work for you. if you want it done rght, do it yourself. and what makes you think the author didn't plant a script to get all the personal information when you connect to the net? quit whining and do it yourself. i don't understand why you folks take the short cut. there's nothing to learn from it and if you don't have the patience, you shouldn't be running Tiger illegally.

I dont mind doing it the long way but say what if in a few months those sites that gave you guides are shut down and you lose all information and patches that were needed to do it yourself, thats why I think generic dvd's are kinda nice because you can get a generic install dvd easily from torrent sites, or if your in a hurry. But I have installed every version of osx86 manually with the exception of 10.4.2, and I think generic install dvd's are very nice and useful, but it is also fun to do it yourself once in a while, and you do learn new things.

WHOS WHINING

I refuse to post on every single new thread about why this and that dont work on this and that image. I see no bitching on this thread, but once more people get the iso, you will see them post countless new threads about something not working or didn't install correctly using this and that ISO. These types of posts do dilute the quality of the forum. In the beginning,we have so many member helping on kexts and REAL problem. Now all I read is why this isn't installing and which site you got the files from.

Come on all, be nice. :sorcerer: There really are a few disparate threads on things, but people tend to be helpful from what I've seen. Now, if you're asking something that either no one knows, or is easily solvable by doing a search, you probably won't get an answer.

And, I don't want to sound mean, but google works well, between it and other searches you can usually locate any item you might need. (that we can't post a direct link to here)

Sorry if i sounded a bit out of turn there , but i was asking for me as i have it up and running very sweet i was just interested to know if anyone else had that 3.3 image ( from the demon ) up and running running as quit a lot here seem to be having probs with that dvd patcher as the 3.3 image just installs fine

as i said im Sorry if i sounded a bit out of turn didnt mean to sound like that

curlyboy, my post was never directed towards you or a single person. My post is directed to the influx of threads and posts about why this ISO isn't working. All they have to do was read somewhere that they are working on a ppf that would solve everyone's problems.

Has anyone tried the 3.3 image then ?

I did.

First I made an update 10.4.3 to 10.4.4 with this 3.3 image - but after update i found some problems with wifi and startup disk.

Today i made fresh install - everything sems to be fine - except again startup disk I think it is broken.

My laptop is on centrion [banias] and radeon9000 [no QE/CI]

Yes I know there is a PPF avaiable for AMD CPU's - but do I use the patcher to patch the DVD with this, or do I use it to parch something else?

An AMD enabled DVD would still be cool as it feel right now that us AMD users are being left out in the cold.

GJ

Wow...about 2 hours later, and not a step further. I don't think VMWare can write to the MBR, because when I use the Disk Utility in the patched DVD, it won't mess with GRUB at all. In fact, it wont really do anything. I keep getting "Error 13: Invalid or Unsupported executable format" from GRUB when trying to boot OSX. I don't really want to spend another day and a half downloading the 10.4.3 DVD just to format the partition, unless it is absolutely needed. Is there some work around?

Thnx, Protoss

Wow...about 2 hours later, and not a step further. I don't think VMWare can write to the MBR, because when I use the Disk Utility in the patched DVD, it won't mess with GRUB at all. In fact, it wont really do anything. I keep getting "Error 13: Invalid or Unsupported executable format" from GRUB when trying to boot OSX. I don't really want to spend another day and a half downloading the 10.4.3 DVD just to format the partition, unless it is absolutely needed. Is there some work around?

Thnx, Protoss

Read my comments in:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=9925&hl=b0

I wasted a whole day getting it to work, but it works great now.