• Please log in to reply
5610 replies to this topic

bh2

bh2

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
Yes... It's not everyone's cup of tea, rather like Marmite.

I've always liked the concept since it came out for Shapeshifter... I think it's prob the only themeing solution for Lion at the moment.

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• Retired
  • 1,156 posts
  • Interests:(~_^)
True and it seems like it has been reduced to the only theming solution for Lion indeed because I haven't seen anything else that themes the whole OS like it does. Blackmenubar only does the menu and it's done on the fly so cpu usage is involved and more so if you have rotating wallpapers like I myself do.

mindlessmissy

mindlessmissy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Posted Image

:afro:

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine, OS X, AMD Hackintosh
Inverted wallpaper with Photoshop, then CTRL + ALT + APPLE + 8 :P

Posted Image

Ahh, can't take screenshot with inverted graphics :/
Well, press CTRL+ALT+APPLE+8 to see what it should look like :P

bh2

bh2

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
You could use Nocturn to get that effect...

http://www.blacktree.com/

mindlessmissy

mindlessmissy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Posted Image

:afro:

Loving the work Natan Zalkin aka kozlek is doing on this app ...

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Date/Time and Current Weather scripts to create images, Imagemagik to invert them and apply transparent gradient, Geektool to apply them to wallpaper and update intervals. Background is HD brushed black metal which matches front of my case, added lower reflecting pool with Pixelmator using semi transparent gradient.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2012-07-28 at 8.06.16 PM.png   1.79MB   59 downloads

xmen107

xmen107

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Posted Image

My Desktop :)

Edited by xmen107, 29 July 2012 - 05:52 PM.

Amit Meena

Amit Meena

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted Image

how did you managed to hide some part of your clock ?

can you please share the details with us ??

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts

Geektool FTW! Here's a little nature..

Attached File  nature.jpg   345.47KB   66 downloads

Amit, to have clock or any geeklet partialy covered by an image, you first need to set the background size to be the same as you native resolution, cause if OSX resizes it to fit the screen when you apply it as wallpaper it won't work. you would open your wallpaper in photo shop and crop the rocks or mountains that you want to hide behind and make a 2nd image containing just that mountain or whatever it may be. I'll just say mountains for now. Then in geek tool, you place you clock, and then use a separate image geeklet that just has the image of your mountains and put it overtop the same mountains of your desktop so that it covers exactly the same spot on the desktop that it was cropped from, and it will also cover any other geeklets placed under it such as the bottom of your clock. Hope that made sense :)

Amit Meena

Amit Meena

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Amit, to have clock or any geeklet partialy covered by an image, you first need to set the background size to be the same as you native resolution, cause if OSX resizes it to fit the screen when you apply it as wallpaper it won't work. you would open your wallpaper in photo shop and crop the rocks or mountains that you want to hide behind and make a 2nd image containing just that mountain or whatever it may be. I'll just say mountains for now. Then in geek tool, you place you clock, and then use a separate image geeklet that just has the image of your mountains and put it overtop the same mountains of your desktop so that it covers exactly the same spot on the desktop that it was cropped from, and it will also cover any other geeklets placed under it such as the bottom of your clock. Hope that made sense :)

Geektool FTW! Here's a little nature..

Attached File  nature.jpg   345.47KB   66 downloads

now that was something.......i'll try it sometime for sure :)

thanx for the quick response :)

xmen107

xmen107

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

how did you managed to hide some part of your clock ?

can you please share the details with us ??

Hi, gives a little work, you need to use a photo editor, I used the gimp with the help of this tutorial, the hardest part was to hide the clock, but everything is done, you can view this tutorial here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyGJUvShHx4&feature=youtu.be

Some of my scripts, it is necessary to change the code of your city.

Attached Files

Amit Meena

Amit Meena

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Hi, gives a little work, you need to use a photo editor, I used the gimp with the help of this tutorial, the hardest part was to hide the clock, but everything is done, you can view this tutorial here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyGJUvShHx4&feature=youtu.be

Some of my scripts, it is necessary to change the code of your city.

thanx a ton man......i'll surely check this out :)

bh2

bh2

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
Posted Image

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
xmen107-if your interested in adding the reflection for your clock or weather since you have that nice still pond, install imagemagik command line image editor, then let me know and can show you how to add the code to your current scripts or send u mine to dissect.

Amit Meena

Amit Meena

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

xmen107-if your interested in adding the reflection for your clock or weather since you have that nice still pond, install imagemagik command line image editor, then let me know and can show you how to add the code to your current scripts or send u mine to dissect.

i'm interested please share :)

P.S. : i still haven't got the time to check the earlier stuff :|

xmen107

xmen107

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Yes please share... :wink2:

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
here is pack that has my scripts in it. Shadow.sh is for the clock and please.sh is the weather. The first half of each script is pretty standard, then the second half handles the image manipulation. Also 2 of the images are included as example how they should look. It's set to work from ~/ and with the images it uses there also, you should see them update when each script is ran. obviously some changes would need to be made to the weather. itunes geeklet is basic show current track/artist. Since I usually have it higher up on the screen I'll make a second geeklet with the same one right below it with the font 2 points smaller and mostly transparent to give it a shadow type reflection without inverting it

Attached Files

bh2

bh2

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
Thanks for the scripts eep... my image script for the weather has stopped working, maybes I can get it back now...

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
yeah, the high res weather images were not available for a while until the new script for it, let me double check that I didn't have the old one in that zip :)

Here, use this for weather images, can run straight in geektool shell. Hardest part is prob getting the correct city code. I followed a how to video in youtube but I don't have the link. I just remember it was made by a girl with a cute British accent :)

curl --silent "http://weather.yahoo.com/united-states/california/suisun-city-2501414/" | grep "current-weather" | sed "s/.*background\:url(\'\(.*\)\') .*/\1/" | xargs curl --silent -o /tmp/weather1.png\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy