The first Mac you ever used.

97 posts in this topic

Indigo iMac G3 back in elementary school, riverdale elementary. I used to play this one game on it all the time, can't remember the name of it, but you bascily ran around killing dinosaurs.

• 1 month later...

I remember the first Mac I've used. It looked almost like the picture above). My friend had it and we were playing some stupid game all the time. I thought that time that I will buy the same one when I grow up, but now its rarity! ).

First ever used: Mac Quadra 950 in the Design Lab at my college.

First ever owned: Mac Performa 6200CD PowerPC

Though it is on a list of the worst Macs ever made I still have it and it still works. Someone also gave me an identical one that served me well up to Mac OS 9.1 and it still boots right up too. Oh, and I still have one functioning Apple Multiscan 15" Display that came with it, plus the peripherals. Guess Apple really built those old beige boxes to last!

• 1 month later...

The first Mac I ever used was one of those older iMacs running Mac OS 8 or 9 (I don't remember exactly, but I know that it wasn't any version of Mac OS X) at a relative's house.

The first ever Mac I ever owned was a MacBook (just a regular MacBook, not a MacBook Pro), which was a 2008 model, which I got as a present on Christmas Day of 2008. It came preinstalled with Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard and iLife '08.

I've since upgraded to iLife '09 a few days before the release of Snow Leopard, and upgraded to Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard a little less than a year after I got my MacBook.

This topic is self explanatory. What was your first Mac you ever used. Whether it be in a shop, someone elses house, in your own home, which ever place it was, all the Mac users out there had a first.

My first Mac was, if I remember correctly, an iMac G3 in Telstra Tower. I was very confused about the round hockey puck mouse (being a Windows fan and used to PC mouses) I wasn't used to it and didn't use it very much as I found it strange to use. Also I wasn't use to the user interface being Mac OS 9 (or 8, not sure). Being used to Windows 98, it can be quite a big step and I wasn't at the time prepared to take it. Of course that was a long time ago when I was little and I've changed a lot since then. Currently, I use an iMac G3 regularly for e-mail, iTunes, internet and classic games and now with a hockey puck mouse.

Strange how at one stage you can think, "What is this? This looks strange." and then a few years later you can have one sitting on your desk and you using it regularly.

The Apple ][+, with 64k, a green screen monitor, and 80 column card.

The first "mac" was a Mac Classic...

• 2 weeks later...

My first Mac was a Mac Plus

My Second was a Mac SE

My third was a Mac SE/30

My fourth was a Mac Classic 2

My fifth was a Performa 630CD

My sixth was a PowerBook 1400

My seventh was a iMac Bondi Blue

My eighth was a iBook Bondi

My ninth was a MacBook White

My tenth was a MacBook Aluminum

My Eleventh is a Hackintosh.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used the first macintosh and every mac ever made since, mostly through school and people I knew that have macs. But I never own a mac until a couple of years ago. I've been a PC guy for the most part. I actually own a hackintosh before splurging on a late 2008 model 15" Macbook Pro, my first real mac. Since then, I've also own an iPhone.

Since Win7 came out, I actually abandoned the hackintosh desktop. I use Win7 exclusively on my desktop PC and been pretty happy with it. I don't miss my hackintosh one bit. On the other hand, I still haven't found an equivalent PC laptop that is as good as the Macbook Pro. The main features I care about is not power or price, but features that are just unique to the Mac. Things like multi-touch trackpad, which I haven't seen one other PC laptop that does multi-touch as well as Apple did. Another is the back lit keyboard, not many PC laptop has this feature. And then there's the magnetic power adapter, it really saved my MBP from damages many times. The only drawback of the MBP is that it gets quite hot during intense use, but it doesn't happen that often.

• 2 months later...

The first one I used was a Macintosh IIx, my work machine for a couple of years. The first one I owned was a Quadra 660AV running System 7 (and you thought Apple TV was a new thing...). Since then I've either owned or had on my desk at work every generation of Powermac apart from the beige G3. It's funny how you think they can't possibly get better with each one that comes your way. Switching from a B&W G3 to a dual G4 had me convinced that anything in the future would be evolutionary rather than revolutionary. Then I had my first dual 2.0 G5, a couple of years later that was replaced by a 2.7 quad, then a 2007 Pro and in the last few weeks my desk at work has been graced by a shiny new 12 core thing with a monster BTO spec. Might have to sell a kidney to get one of those at home.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

First or second Mac ever made by Apple, at a "computer course". Total waste of money, they taught us nothing and they were very jealous of their Mac, which is understandable, condiderig it cost one year salary!

• 1 year later...

The first Apple I used was the Classic with black and white screen. The first I bought was the LC 475, the pizza one . Then I bought the G3 W/Blue and then the G4 MDD (Mirror Drive Doors) I love it , overclocked it and even made from the base of the metal rad, a plate to support watercooling.