The 99% sure way to fix SoundMax Sound (ATTENTION UPDATED AS OF 11/24/07)

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

Super l33t T3H HaX0r ARE YOU? WELL..I can..umm..HaX your Tires?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

i used this method on the ps2controller.kext and now i have keyboard, trackpad, and sound thanks to this thread :D can anyone say full working system?

really? thats awesome. yeah i guess if your having problems with other kexts then you could just use the basic format of the instrutions for the sound ones. cool and good job ^_^

Marc Connor

Marc Connor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:InsanelyMac, OS X, OSx86, Apple, GameZRule, Games, etc.
Where should I plug the speakers? Into the mic jack?

Marc Connor

Marc Connor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:InsanelyMac, OS X, OSx86, Apple, GameZRule, Games, etc.
Bump.

Gfer

Gfer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
It says Output not supported in audio midi setup, what should i do? im on 10.4.6 , toshiba 2450-101, intel chipset.

sirfergy

sirfergy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a toshiba tecra m4 with the 915pm chipset and soundmax ad1981b sound card. i have tried every method in this posting, but i don't get audio.

i try and load the audio kexts and they load, but nothing happens. i am running 10.4.6.

any suggestions?

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
how many channels do you have? two? if you only have two then ill add you to the list of people lol.

sirfergy

sirfergy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
The device has 2 channels, but it doesnt seem to be detected at all in os x.

Deffer

Deffer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I followed all steps and the kext loads ok, but I still have no sound at all. I have integrated sound in ASUS motherboard. It doesn't detect any audio device.

Deffer

Deffer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I finally solved it with the C-Media 8738 that I found in that topic: http://forum.osx86pr...wtopic=1656&hl=

I have sound in 10.4.6 :angel:

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

I finally solved it with the C-Media 8738 that I found in that topic: http://forum.osx86pr...h...ic=1656&hl=

I have sound in 10.4.6 :)

hey i added that to the bottom of my tutorial. thanks for lettin me kno!

One last thing, if anyone has posted here and STILL has no audio, please post with your problems and error codes and model of sound card or integratedness that you may heve :). and if you havnt posted here and have no sound and you have sound max or a ac97 complient card then post away with that info.

shadowdesign

shadowdesign

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
WOOT this worked for me :P, but i hhad to chnage the midi setup to left 6 and right 3 to get both working thanks =D

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
ok im offering a free jello pudding cup to anyone who can help me fix the remaining problem of why somepeople STILL dont have sound. anyone up for it ^_-. specially the whole only two channels thing.

StarForge

StarForge

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I can't believe I didn't see this thread before (even after all those searches!)!

Yes please, I'd like a serve of 'fix my sound problem so I can get my right audio channel working' too :blink:

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

I can't believe I didn't see this thread before (even after all those searches!)!

Yes please, I'd like a serve of 'fix my sound problem so I can get my right audio channel working' too :)

i just havnt had the time or ....really an new ideas as to what the problem may be. if ANYONE is willing to help lemme know....remember ^_-....FREE jello pudding cup still up for grabs :D

Shadowspy

Shadowspy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Gonna try this!

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
macnipulate how do u "fix the fact that alot of people cannot see more than 2 or three channels..instead of 6"?? cause im having a vaio and my ac97 is recognized only i cannot have sound on the internal speakers... and i read 6 channels can fix it thanx again!!!

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

macnipulate how do u "fix the fact that alot of people cannot see more than 2 or three channels..instead of 6"?? cause im having a vaio and my ac97 is recognized only i cannot have sound on the internal speakers... and i read 6 channels can fix it thanx again!!!

wells see thats the problem i dont know where to start from....cause i dont whats causing the problem. so any input welcome as to get the fixed. (and so did u get the sound working or no? i didnt understand you right i think?)

sunivel

sunivel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks, sound works great, i used the second part and no problems

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

thanks, sound works great, i used the second part and no problems

awesome i need to make a counter or soemthing lol.

LurchMD

LurchMD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The second part of your first post worked great for my Dell 4600C. I spent 2 days screwing around with ktext files and stubled across your post. Had it fixed in 20 seconds!

THANKS!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy