Modified BIOS to get all cores working

Kabyl

1,884 posts in this topic

If I buy SATA DVD and I still dont manage to setup Leo I will be pissed as hell. :*/

Hey buddy: this is strictly an "at your own risk" enterprise. If you don't want to be "pissed as hell", then I suggest you just go out and buy a real mac. It just works. :(

Problem is the thing worked on my amd, now I got Intel and it doesnt. Its weird to say the least.

And yes I can pe pissed as hell all I want.

Its my own fristration and it is not directed towards developers or this comunity at all.

Problem is the thing worked on my amd, now I got Intel and it doesnt. Its weird to say the least.

And yes I can pe pissed as hell all I want.

Its my own fristration and it is not directed towards developers or this comunity at all.

I understand what you mean. You won't be mad at the developers or community but you will be frustrated with the fact you got a DVD drive already but yours don't work and you have to get another one. I would just go down to your local retail outlet that has Sata DVD burners/drives and buy one and make sure you can return it if it doesn't work for a full refund. If it works then your problem is solved and it should work as you have said that other people have used the same motherboard same distro and it worked only difference is the DVD drive. I am sure if you get any kind of information like the exact error, when it happens so on so forth then someone in the OSX86 Installation sub forum will be able to help you and maybe there is some kinda of fix out or something you can try.

I've tried to install 6 different patched Leopard versions in my new Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo Pi 2662 and I always get ACPI errors (and if I try to disable ACPI from BIOS the DVD doesn't boot). After trying a lot of methods of fixing the problem, I think that it's imposible to boot a DVD distro with my BIOS. Could anybody help me?

I'm very surprised because the features of the computer seem to be Leopard friendly:

Processors Information

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processor 1 (ID = 0)

Number of cores 4 (max 4)

Number of threads 4 (max 4)

Name Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Codename Kentsfield

Specification Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

Package Socket 775 LGA (platform ID = 4h)

Instructions sets MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T

Chipset

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Northbridge Intel P35/G33/G31 rev. A2

Southbridge Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R) rev. A1

Monitoring

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mainboard Model MS-7379VP (0x24D - 0x2F8ECB8)

LPCIO

-----------------------------------------------------

Vendor Winbond

Model W83627DHG

I think my Motherboard is a custom version of MSI G31M but with paralel port and Firewire (like G31M3) and without graphic card integrated (comes with an nVIDIA GeForce 8600 GS). Fujitsu Siemens provides a ISO with a BIOS update (view attachment) but I don't know what should I do with that.

Any idea?

MS7379_V90M.rar

I believe the "waiting for root device" message has nothing to do with your BIOS: it just means that your OS X install can't find the "root device" and as you've noticed has to do with your chipset. If you have a SATA DVD try plugging it into SATA 0 or SATA 1 on your motherboard and try the install from there. If that doesn't work try using "IDE" instead of "AHCI" in the BIOS.

I'm starting to find this entire thread a bit ludicrous as many people funnel all their problems down to the BIOS. The fundamental problem with this solution is that everyone who subscribes to it are locking themselves down to the hacked BIOS and if anything of value gets revised for their motherboard they con't upgrade unless the BIOS is modified again.

It seems to me that a real solution to the problems mentioned in the original post would be better handled at a low level layer like netkas' EFI, leaving the BIOS out of the solution.

I concur. I think the abundance of knowledge on the subject has caused n00b mac enthusiasts to not look on their own. I on the other hand have the OS working near-perfectly (power schemes on my lappy won't work and the wireless doesnt' have a driver) but can only get it running if I use the "cpus=1" switch at bootup. This is deffinatly a bios issue, confirmed by Pere at uphuck's site. he suggested I come here for a resolution... but the lack of activity leads me to believe that Kabyl isn't modding bios' anymore.

so is there a way to extract a bios rom from a model of computer to flash on another same model of that brand? I have read thorough here, and saw the universal extractor but that appears to only extract elements from .exe files, I wan to grab the rom info off the chip, I still haven't gotten anywhere with getting a mod rom, but someone here has a earlier working rom on their machine. Thanks for any info,

kenny

ECS G33T-M2 motherboard

Downloaded mod BIOS from kabyl site.

Both cores working, using 10.5.2 ACPI-related kexts

Sleep working.

it's a winner! :(

hey lerdo have the exact same mobo, already flashed the bios.

would like to know if it would be possible for u to post the install

instructions for this mobo. how do i go about using ACPI-related kexts.

thanks.

It would be great to get a hacked BIOS for MSI EX700 serail notebooks.

http://global.msi.eu/index.php?func=prodde...;maincat_no=135

BIOS:

http://download1.msi.com.tw/files/download...xe/1719_719.zip (Vista only)

http://download1.msi.com.tw/files/download...xe/1719_519.zip (XP only)

specs:

Intel® PM965 Express Chipset

Intel® Core® 2 Duo Processors

NVIDIA Geforce 8400M GS, 128MB VRAM

problem:

works one core only

Asus F6A-A1 Laptop:

http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/F6A/F6A205AS.zip <- Chinese link, not sure how to obtain Global.

-Intel C2D T5750 laptop.

-Centrino 2 chipset ;|

-Intel x4500.

Yes, I realize that it make take a while for OS X to support x4500. I greatly appreciate the work you do.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it myself. Thanks for your instructions David Tsu and Kabyl.

Not sure why the Wifi+ one wouldn't work, but here it is.

Hey there Order2Chaos, thanks a lot for the working MOD BIOS I really appreciate u having taken ur time to do it, thank u very much. It works fine as a modified bios, but unfortunately I could only install Kalyway 10.5.2 using CPUS=1 and when I updated it using the update 10.5.3 by Kalyway, it stopped working completely and wouldn't boot :( but thanx for ur effort anyway. I'll just wait a few more months for a later release and try to install it again, Leo4all and Aitkos didnt install at all either. Cheers :)

So does anyone have a clu whats happening with Kabyl? in a couple of days it's gonna be a full month he hasn't posted any replies :( and pple are still posting requests lol. Peace out

I am in the same boat as kteljenkins - I have an HP Elite with the IPIBL motherboard - there is a user who has a previous bios rev from the same board that works fine - We just need to be able to pull his bios to re-flash (downgrade) ours - aaaaannnnnnyyyyy help would be great

my problem is a get the error using 15728 buffer headers and 4096 CLUSTERS IO buffer headers

on mijn laptop Asus F7Se

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T5550

Mobile Intel® PM965 Express Chipset +ICH8M

ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD 3470, External 256MB VRAM

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=5&amp...amp;modelmenu=2

please help me