Problem: Can only boot with cpus=1
bios link: Bios 302

noleafclover

noleafclover

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
i have an ASUS X52SV notebook which says it uses the F3Sv motherboard. would i be able to flash it with the modified F3Sv 208 BIOS so that I could get both cores working? ASUS don't have any BIOS (or drivers) on their site for the X52 at all! cheers.

axiom

axiom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
many thanks for the previous bios mod for my Asus VX3, asus updated the bios. Wondering if you have time to update the fix on the latest release.

Thanks in advance.

java script:downloadfile(this,'VX3','nb%2fVX3%2fVX3203AS.zip','3','76','0','5','VX3203AS.zip') is all I could get from the ASUS site.

Alsawi

Alsawi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi ,

hope you mod this please :

Wolfdale1333-D667(1.50)

tnx :(

Order2Chaos

Order2Chaos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Travel... <br />France, die Niederlande, UK <br /><br />Alter VW <...

hi ,

hope you mod this please :

Wolfdale1333-D667(1.50)

tnx :D

The file you linked to is worthless, it's for windows only and has no ROM file. I had to search around the site to find the proper file. I modded the ROM according to David's guide and I'm almost certain it's done correctly. If anyone would like to check my work to make sure it's correct I have also included the original unmodified SingleLink.dat(as ASROCKSingleLink.dat) for comparison, as well as the MD5 hash of the modified bios file.

Again, I double checked and it looks correct to me. However, you may want to wait for someone more skilled to check it out before you go ahead with flashing to be safe...

Attached Files

JaccoH

JaccoH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Kabyl .. youd better take the f3jc one from that site cause it killed my laptop. Its already getting fixed so I'll probably be OK but just to make sure others dont get... harmed :thumbsup_anim:.

Thanks for your attempts!

VooD

VooD

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Kabyl .. youd better take the f3jc one from that site cause it killed my laptop. Its already getting fixed so I'll probably be OK but just to make sure others dont get... harmed :P.

I think there are a lot of differente f3jc laptops, each one with different video bios (which usually is contained in the main bios file), so that's probably why it killed your laptop.

Alsawi

Alsawi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

The file you linked to is worthless, it's for windows only and has no ROM file. I had to search around the site to find the proper file. I modded the ROM according to David's guide and I'm almost certain it's done correctly. If anyone would like to check my work to make sure it's correct I have also included the original unmodified SingleLink.dat(as ASROCKSingleLink.dat) for comparison, as well as the MD5 hash of the modified bios file.

Again, I double checked and it looks correct to me. However, you may want to wait for someone more skilled to check it out before you go ahead with flashing to be safe...

Hi Order2Chaos,

Sorry, i`m new to mac

i will check ur mod bios.

tnx ;)

Kabyl

Kabyl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired Developers
  • 170 posts

Kabyl .. youd better take the f3jc one from that site cause it killed my laptop. Its already getting fixed so I'll probably be OK but just to make sure others dont get... harmed :P .

sorry to hear that, the link is broken now :(
I will try to check that one again..

cealapa

cealapa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thx to david_tsu guide i got finally my bios modded for working osx leopard on 2 cores

its only the dos version but it shouldn't be a problem booting with an old win98 disk or bootcd for dos into dos and start the flashing process using: "afudos P35P130M" (without "quotes")

The bios is for the ASROCK 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ - dont know if it works for the without WIFI version... but the only difference between the WIFI+ and the standart boxed version is that the standart boxed version is dilivered without the wificard for the mini slot on the board... so it should theoretically work. if someone tests it please let the others know if it works.

reports, thx, greatings are always welcome, so... dont hacitade :blink:

have fun with 2 cores

DJnEO

DISCLAIMER: i give no warrenty for misflashed boards or everything else. try it on your own risk!

Tested&confirmed, it works with with quad core also, on an ASROCK 4Core1600P35-WiFi+. which, by the way, has 2 firewire ports, unlike the 4Core1600P35-WiFi.

Kabyl, is the version on your site the same one as the version posted here by DjNeo?

Kabyl

Kabyl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired Developers
  • 170 posts

Tested&confirmed, it works with with quad core also, on an ASROCK 4Core1600P35-WiFi+. which, by the way, has 2 firewire ports, unlike the 4Core1600P35-WiFi.

Kabyl, is the version on your site the same one as the version posted here by DjNeo?

If you mean the BIOS version,then it clearly says 1.30, if you mean the mod, then no, the one posted on my site also clearly says by Kabyl :blink:

izzysanime

izzysanime

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I flashed my bios, now i dont get that error, but now it gives me apple logo and it just reboots over and over.thanks,joshOK, well i got it working with -v cpus=1, but do i have to do that every start or was that the only time i need to ?Also, audio works, usb works, but firewire and ethernet do not. Where do i go for that?Thanks a lot by the way... i thought I would never get past the error.Thanks,josh

Alsawi

Alsawi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
@:Order2Chaos

well, I flashed bios successfully, and install MAC Kalyway 10.5.2, i got hfs+partition error
when i boot with cd by pressing F8 mac boot up and works.

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 1
L2 Cache: 512 KB <<<my L2 Cache 4MB
Memory: 2.0 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

and i have SB live! 5.1, Twinhan express & on board audio don`t work.

This computer does not appear to have any PCI cards installed.

any help?
Sorry, my english lol :D

cealapa

cealapa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

If you mean the BIOS version,then it clearly says 1.30, if you mean the mod, then no, the one posted on my site also clearly says by Kabyl :D

I apologize, I did not see "by Kabyl" only after i download the file. I will test your version also and let you know how it works. Thank you very much for your time and efforts.

Order2Chaos

Order2Chaos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Travel... <br />France, die Niederlande, UK <br /><br />Alter VW <...

@:Order2Chaos

well, I flashed bios successfully, and install MAC Kalyway 10.5.2, i got hfs+partition error
when i boot with cd by pressing F8 mac boot up and works.
and i have SB live! 5.1, Twinhan express & on board audio don`t work.

any help?
Sorry, my english lol :wacko:

I'm glad the bios worked for you. What kind of CPU do you have? Were you having the problem of Having to boot with the cpus=1 flag? Because that's what the modded bios is supposed to fix.

About the audio card, I don't think the sound blaster cards will work; I'd say you should try patching the on board ALC662.

Try patching the audio with this program, drag the codec dump txt file onto the frog face: AppleHDAPatcherv1.20
CODEC Dump: ALC662 Dump (Right click, save as)

maksel

maksel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey,

Would you do that to my bios too? It can only load OS X while using old ACPI kexts and the infamous "cpus=1" flag.

It's Twinhead J12S.
CPU: Intel Core™2 Duo Processor T7300 2 GHz
Chipset: Mobile Intel PM965 Express Chipset +ICH8M
Graphics: Intel X3100

After reading the instructions I tried doing it myself but apparently it has too many errors (167 to be exact) and I don't seem to find them on google.

Attached Files

• Attached File  j12s.rar   399.38KB   8 downloads

IHateXp

IHateXp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I need a bios for Asus P5lD2 (Regular edition)

http://support.asus....amp;model=P5LD2

Im using 1904

Core2duo 1.8 gig
2 gig memory
8600GTS asus
Asus p5ld2

Alsawi

Alsawi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I'm glad the bios worked for you. What kind of CPU do you have? Were you having the problem of Having to boot with the cpus=1 flag? Because that's what the modded bios is supposed to fix.

About the audio card, I don't think the sound blaster cards will work; I'd say you should try patching the on board ALC662.

Try patching the audio with this program, drag the codec dump txt file onto the frog face: AppleHDAPatcherv1.20
CODEC Dump: ALC662 Dump (Right click, save as)

Good day,

yepp, it`s working now hehehe

but still have problem with sat card; any Dvb for mac?

tnx :(

funicular

funicular

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Kabyl!!!

First of all, very nice work you're doing...

I have a hp nc6320 laptop and i have installed a Leopard 10.5.2 on it but only works if I disable the dual core option in the BIOS or boot flag cpu=1

Here is the link to the BIOS ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp38501-39000/sp38743.exe

The nc6320 has a t5600 core 2 duo processor and a Intel GM945 Express Chipset.

could you mod the BIOS o tell me how should i do it??

Thank you so much in advance.

Order2Chaos

Order2Chaos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I've attached below the modified bios for the MSI P31 Neo-F (MS-7392), it's the latest V1.2 from MSI. I've also included the MD5 checksum of the bios in the txt file, might be a good idea to make sure they match.

Should work fine; however, I would suggest creating a recovery disk just in case something goes wrong. See THIS post for instructions. The original unmodified bios is linked to above.

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy