Modified BIOS to get all cores working

Kabyl

1,884 posts in this topic

can someone please modify this bios to try and fix the hang up error "using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

my system specs are as follows

ECS EliteGroup 945GCT-M/1333 (V3.0) mobo

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 Wolfdale 2.53GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

2GB Corsair XMS 2 DHX RAM

Sapphire HD3650 PCI-E video card

500GB Sata HDD

here is a direct link to the unmodified bios

http://www.ecsusa.com/ECSWebSite/Downloads...d=2&LanID=9

this is an older version of the bios that will boot OS x but will not recognize the Processor properly

http://www.ecsusa.com/ECSWebSite/Downloads...d=2&LanID=9

thankyou

I checked the steps I have done and do the modification again.It seems about right now.

And here is the completed modified BIOS file.

But I'm afraid to test since it was my 1st time to do this and I don't know anyone who could fix this if I did it wrong.

So if there r anyone willing to try this,welcome to try and I am really appreciated.If it goes black,I will b very sorry.But there's nothing I can do.U just have to find someone who could do the hardware programming.

BTW,this is for Asus P5Q only.Based on the 1306 version.

p5q_asus_1306_Mod.zip

Kabyl, can you help fix this BIOS?

Shuttle K45

BIOS Image: http://image.shuttle.com/ResourceCenter/do...p?file_id=11276

Specs: Intel 945GC + ICH7, Marvell 88E8056, Realtek ALC662

I cannot boot OSX vanilla with multi-core enabled on E8500. (Side request would be to make CMOS clear default to multi-core disabled)

Also kernel panic when trying to boot X3210 with multicore disabled

Can you help fix this BIOS?

Shuttle K45

BIOS Image: http://image.shuttle.com/ResourceCenter/do...p?file_id=11276

Specs: Intel 945GC + ICH7, Marvell 88E8056, Realtek ALC662

I cannot boot OSX vanilla with multi-core enabled on E8500. (Side request would be to make CMOS clear default to multi-core disabled)

Also kernel panic when trying to boot X3210 with multicore disabled

Were u talking to me?I hope not 'cause I'm not sure if I could do this since I'v never done this before yesterday.

A really brand new one.....

I checked the steps I have done and do the modification again.It seems about right now.

And here is the completed modified BIOS file.

But I'm afraid to test since it was my 1st time to do this and I don't know anyone who could fix this if I did it wrong.

So if there r anyone willing to try this,welcome to try and I am really appreciated.If it goes black,I will b very sorry.But there's nothing I can do.U just have to find someone who could do the hardware programming.

BTW,this is for Asus P5Q only.Based on the 1306 version.

p5q_asus_1306_Mod.zip

Hi!

I've checked your file. It's a no-go. This is for bad news.

For good news: mine one is working OK! iDeneb 10.5.4 v.1.1 installed and working fine! (except for the audio and ethernet)

So, you may download my version and flash your BIOS (I flashed mine using Asus Update from Windows Vista, all went OK). As a bonus, besides a working DSDT table for flawless OSX install, with my BIOS file you'll get a working SLIC extension for Vista OEM activation :-)) Sounds like a TV commercial :-)))

2 HYS17:

http://www.ami.com/support/doc/AMIBIOS8_Fl...tepaper_v10.pdf

in case anything goes wrong, use the BIOS recovery techniques from the link above. As for me, I had even printed out the file before I dared to flash my own BIOS, but luckily never used it  :-)) Wish I had this paper before my first attempt to mod my BIOS (leading to the dead MoBo); perhaps, I could have saved 10 bucks on hardware re-programming :-))

p5q_asus_1306_slic_dsdt.rar

Sorry if I'm being off-topic! Beniboy, did you already try if mac worked with both cores AFTER updating with that BIOS? Because, as this version is relatively new it may work. If you didn't, try it. About the other OS(es) you have in your computer there will be no problem.

i have done the latest bios update and i only see one core..thanks and leopard works fine, expect from time to time when i have many apps open it lags a bit, but no worries

Hi all,

Following HSU tutorial I tried to fix the latest eee pc 901 bios (as Kabil did for the first revision). I bricked my eee :-(

I went through the process again and got a different binary now but don't want to just flash it like crazy as I did... Is there any sanity check I can make just to check it so not to end up with two nice white bricks?

Thx

Peninha

1301_eeepc_901_fixed_or_not.rom.zip

Thanks for your Bios Slavic77, i flashed your 1306 SLIC DSDT with success on my P5Q.

But... I cannot boot any DVD of OSX86 (ideneb 1.1, iAtkos 4i, Kalyway 10.5.2...), i've got a kernel panic when loading ACPI.

What's wrong with my config ?

Thanks for your Bios Slavic77, i flashed your 1306 SLIC DSDT with success on my P5Q.

But... I cannot boot any DVD of OSX86 (ideneb 1.1, iAtkos 4i, Kalyway 10.5.2...), i've got a kernel panic when loading ACPI.

What's wrong with my config ?

I used iDeneb 10.5.4 v.1.1 with success. Anyway, I used to get kernel panics before the era of modded bios with any OSX distro, so I think if I tried to install any other distro e.g. like Kalyway now, it would be a success, too.

I suggest that you:

1. Disable (while installing) Marvell controller. After the install you'll get it working with the modded kext I'm attaching.

2. Clear CMOS (or load BIOS fail-safe defaults) - this is just to get ACPI/APIC options right, all the rest you may alter to your taste later, but the one option mentioned in point 3

3. Make sure your SATA controller is in AHCI mode. That's vitally important!!!

4. Your DVD drive MUST be SATA and it MUST be connected to RED sata ports 1,2 or 3 (mine is seated on port 1).

5. Your HDD drive MUST be SATA, too, and it MUST be connected to one if six RED sata ports.

If you give me details of your config perhaps I'll be able to give more advice.

Marvell_6121_kext.zip

Hi!

I've checked your file. It's a no-go. This is for bad news.

For good news: mine one is working OK! iDeneb 10.5.4 v.1.1 installed and working fine! (except for the audio and ethernet)

So, you may download my version and flash your BIOS (I flashed mine using Asus Update from Windows Vista, all went OK). As a bonus, besides a working DSDT table for flawless OSX install, with my BIOS file you'll get a working SLIC extension for Vista OEM activation :-)) Sounds like a TV commercial :-)))

2 HYS17:

http://www.ami.com/support/doc/AMIBIOS8_Fl...tepaper_v10.pdf

in case anything goes wrong, use the BIOS recovery techniques from the link above. As for me, I had even printed out the file before I dared to flash my own BIOS, but luckily never used it  :-)) Wish I had this paper before my first attempt to mod my BIOS (leading to the dead MoBo); perhaps, I could have saved 10 bucks on hardware re-programming :-))

Thank u so much for ur BIOS file and ur testing for my no-go BIOS file though I haven't used it.

I'm so sorry for my file if it caused u much trouble since I am a really freshman in doing this.

And I'm so exciting for this BIOS file.I'll just flash it right now and run the Leo!

Thank you very much and sorry again for my bad BIOS file.I wish I can talk to u more if I have any further questions.

Hi there! I've already seen the bios 1.63-moded for the MSI PR600 somewhere in this thread, but I would like to know if the latest one, 1.69, is already available . If not, could you please hack it? Thanks.

http://download1.msi.com.tw/files/download...xe/1637_169.zip

PS: Without the hack, I can't boot OSx86 without the cpus=1 parameter.

PS: Please, could you also unhide all the features? Tried amibcp313, but it crashes when I try to save the file giving some access violation or memory problem. My hard is fine since I tried it on other machines and got the same error.

Thanks again.

Hi, does anyone knows if a modified version of the BIOS for W7J is needed ?

I have tried to install iATKOS v4, Kalyway 10.5.2 & 10.5.1 without sucesss on my laptop.

Always get an error with ACPI platform plugin (com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin)

I am quite desesperated, so if anyone get hint to make this thing work !

Thanks

Hi, does anyone knows if a modified version of the BIOS for W7J is needed ?

I have tried to install iATKOS v4, Kalyway 10.5.2 & 10.5.1 without sucesss on my laptop.

Always get an error with ACPI platform plugin (com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin)

I am quite desesperated, so if anyone get hint to make this thing work !

Thanks

You will have to use the old acpi drivers from tiger 10.4.8 there is a treath about it somewhere on this board.

Also try "Cpus=1 -F"

hello! thanks for your work! my problem is that i get the stuck at the line "using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

My processor is E5200, my motherboard is Asrock Conroe1333-Glan and the bios that i'd like to have modded is ver. 1.50 (because with the version 1.10 i don't get stuck, but the processor is recognized bad! (12.69GHZ!)

thanks!