Try Windows Vista in your web browser

~pcwiz

50 posts in this topic

MoC,

I'm gonna give it a try too, but I think MS would be careful with their stuff :)

EDIT: I found something hilarious. When the MS Vista VM is loading in the background, my web browsing is like 5 times faster!

List of desctructive things that I did to the VM:

1) Renamed BOOT.BAK in C: to genius.BAK

2) Destroyed a lot of stuff in Program Files

Hee hee. Tried to format C but it wouldn't let me because it was the boot drive :)

I am not amused. They should just give up already...hell they're already working on Windows 7 (due out in 09' or 10'). Say Hello MSBOB!

Vista was due YEARS before it's release... they also start working on it soon after XPs launch... I don't understand why people think the production of windows 7 symbolizes failure...

Isn't there some way to extract the product key from a validated machine? You might be able to get a legit key from one of the VMs. :)
There is, you can use Everest to get the product key but they don't allow any outside programs.There is a way to BYPASS the system requirements check!!! Just go to this URL and you are in but here comes the bad news:You can get to the VM console but the VM doesn't appear w/o the ActiveX control which is IE onlyhttp://www.windowsvistatestdrive.com/lab.a...&exercise=4

Wow, other than the graphics that ran better then Vista Ultimate on my real computer.

What do you guys intend to accomplish with this? ;)

To me you're all looking more like a bunch of kids that think they own the world by killing a virtualized Windows installation. Come on, as soon as you log of, or close that window, the installation is destroyed anyway, and for every new user logging in a new one is created...

I think Microsoft found a good way to demonstrate their new OS to existing Windows users. But nooo... just because Apple doesn't offer something like this, Microsoft is being lame because they do. :(

And don't think I'm a MS lover of some kind, just look at my sig. I just think some people really need to play some more Brain Training now and then...

What do you guys intend to accomplish with this? :P

To me you're all looking more like a bunch of kids that think they own the world by killing a virtualized Windows installation. Come on, as soon as you log of, or close that window, the installation is destroyed anyway, and for every new user logging in a new one is created...

I think Microsoft found a good way to demonstrate their new OS to existing Windows users. But nooo... just because Apple doesn't offer something like this, Microsoft is being lame because they do. ;)

And don't think I'm a MS lover of some kind, just look at my sig. I just think some people really need to play some more Brain Training now and then...

Apple dont offer something like this because effectively you running OS X on your PC which Apple's own EULA forbids, the fact your running through a web browser and VM shouldn't change that fact.

What do you guys intend to accomplish with this? :huh: To me you're all looking more like a bunch of kids that think they own the world by killing a virtualized Windows installation. Come on, as soon as you log of, or close that window, the installation is destroyed anyway, and for every new user logging in a new one is created...I think Microsoft found a good way to demonstrate their new OS to existing Windows users. But nooo... just because Apple doesn't offer something like this, Microsoft is being lame because they do. :) And don't think I'm a MS lover of some kind, just look at my sig. I just think some people really need to play some more Brain Training now and then...
Actually, MasterofComputers discovered that even if you use a different email address, you still get the same virtual machine.
What do you guys intend to accomplish with this? :huh: To me you're all looking more like a bunch of kids that think they own the world by killing a virtualized Windows installation. Come on, as soon as you log of, or close that window, the installation is destroyed anyway, and for every new user logging in a new one is created...I think Microsoft found a good way to demonstrate their new OS to existing Windows users. But nooo... just because Apple doesn't offer something like this, Microsoft is being lame because they do. :) And don't think I'm a MS lover of some kind, just look at my sig. I just think some people really need to play some more Brain Training now and then...
Actually, MasterofComputers discovered that even if you use a different email address, you still get the same virtual machine.

I tried loging into one of these things out of curiosity, but my machine running vista wont let me do it... do these VMs let you use CD/DVD rom drives? If yes, I wonder how long it would take to convert a VM to a hackintosh, or even better, ReactOS(Unfinished Open Source WinNT/2000/XP clone).