• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

crackity_jones

crackity_jones

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Did you have to do anything special to install snow leopard? Or did you just run the install disc?

marthemed

marthemed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have followed this:Snow Leopard 2 PC and also this Tutorial: Osx86 Snow Leopard 10A261 via PCIEFI9 but mainly the first site as it is for 10A380 and now updated for 10A394.

I have deleted OSInstall.mpkg and replaced with attached one (it is for 10A380).

I have used a usb stick of 8 GB to restore snow leopard install dvd so I have not made a new partition. I have also used an external USB HDD with leopard 10.5.7 installed from which I have installed snow leopard to my laptop hdd.

Try and see how it works for you. ask if you have any troubles maybe I can help.

This worked for Aspire 5735Z but it didn't work for Compaq c754 (it remains stacked at boot). I'll try with that new kernel for 10A394 and mybe it'll also work for compaq.

Good luck

Attached Files

redscull

redscull

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm hoping that someone can help. I have a PCI wireless card using the Atheros 5212 chipset. It worked fine in 10.5.5 (using the Network Diagnostics trick to turn it on) but ever since I upgraded to 10.5.7 I've been unable to get it to work in the slightest.
I removed the Airport connection in the Network control panel -- thinking I perhaps needed to remove it and add it again -- and it won't let me add another Airport connection. I would guess that means that the OS isn't recognizing the card, or the driver isn't working. I've been through the tutorials and installed the drivers through OSX86Tools to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

amlet

amlet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
D-link DWA-510 PCI

Posted Image

Please help!!!

annton

annton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

D-link DWA-510 PCI

Posted Image

Please help!!!

This card don t work never!!!

amlet

amlet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

This card don t work never!!!

thanx friend

87vert

87vert

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
So I was working fine until I upgraded to 10.5.8. Now it shows no Airport card installed and the mac address is empty. The system still sees the card but it says the driver is not installed.

I tried reinstalling the driver but still have the same problem.

Anyone else upgrade?

AR5001

Bassy Sweeeeet

Bassy Sweeeeet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Atheros AR5007EG Working with WPA Security. look at this post.
http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1219727

Bintan Siregar

Bintan Siregar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Can anyone find me Driver Atheros AR5006X for me?
I really tired for that :-(
Please

DrChair

DrChair

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So I was working fine until I upgraded to 10.5.8. Now it shows no Airport card installed and the mac address is empty. The system still sees the card but it says the driver is not installed.

See http://www.viewfromt...-8-airport-bug/

Use pacifist to restore AppleAirport.kext and IO80211Family.kext from MacOSX 10.5.7
Combo Update
(after this I had to edit Info.plist in IO80211Family to add my deviceid again (0x13))

it's working fine again.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i have been looking for the AR5006X too,who can help me?

imlboy

imlboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, my 10.5.8 hackintosh use the Atheros AR5B91 which is AR928x chipset, is there any driver for this to work on my laptop?? been trying to find a driver for this one but no luck!

krenkle

krenkle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, my 10.5.8 hackintosh use the Atheros AR5B91 which is AR928x chipset, is there any driver for this to work on my laptop?? been trying to find a driver for this one but no luck!

Atheros AR5B91 supported in 32 bit mode of Snow Leopard. Recognizes the AR5B91 as an Airport card. I've had some issues between Snow and my router, but running NetStat seems to repair the connection.

Serkan

Serkan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
any news on the AR9285 wireless?

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
How about Atheros AR5007? The workaround with Kismac is really getting annoying :( it works but not all the time. Just in case anyone is looking the Linksys WUSB600N works fantastic!!! PM me I have the drivers would be happy to get them to you

quake

quake

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Can someone help me here. I went to edit this file to change en0 to en1,,but it's not there..

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

Sivik

Sivik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Atheros AR5B91 supported in 32 bit mode of Snow Leopard. Recognizes the AR5B91 as an Airport card. I've had some issues between Snow and my router, but running NetStat seems to repair the connection.

so your saying it does work? if so, is there anything special you need to do or does it work "out of the box"?

Sekhmet66

Sekhmet66

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi guys, just wanted to report that I got my AR5008X / AR5416 based card working on Leopard 10.5.8.

I've read in a few places that this chipset is supposed to work OOB, and originally this card was detected as an AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x3071) but It was turned off and it just wouldn't turn on with the "Turn AirPort On" button in network prefs.

Well it seems that the Network Setup Assistant is able to turn on the card just fine, just open the assistant and it will offer to turn on your card if it's off.

I'm so glad I decided to try the assistant first because I was about to start trying a few things like installing kexts from 10.5.7 etc. :D

hhdhhd

hhdhhd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hi pro,
help me with AR5523 (D-Link DWA-120) on snow leopard
please tell me AR5523 can work on Snow Leopard?
If it'll work,please guide me make it working.
Than a week I was not able to make it work.Thanks

mamadou

mamadou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
AirportAtheros works greatly in -x32/64 mode.
http://www.insanelym...t=#entry1307732

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy