Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn

jalavoui

3,411 posts in this topic

Thao has a stick in his ass now doesnt he...

Not at all.

It's just useless to post "Hi this doesnt work, that's all" without providing any material to show why it didn't work.

The person below your post is a perfect example, posting logs and detailed information.

Just saying "2200 from SVN doesnt boot OSX" is useless, the developers can't do anything with that.

@Carpet:

Source: http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/wiki/FAQ

How do I create log's to help development of the drivers?

open Terminal

% sudo -s

% cd ~/Desktop

% dmesg > dmesg.txt

% cat /var/log/system.log > system.txt

% ioreg -w 0 > ioreg.txt

Now you have 3 log files; dmesg.txt, system.txt and ioreg.txt you can find them on the desktop

Not at all.

It's just useless to post "Hi this doesnt work, that's all" without providing any material to show why it didn't work.

The person below your post is a perfect example, posting logs and detailed information.

Just saying "2200 from SVN doesnt boot OSX" is useless, the developers can't do anything with that.

@Carpet:

Source: http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/wiki/FAQ

He probably doesn't have the technical knowledge to provide a log, pretty self explanitory :P

He did say that he got a kernal panic, though; I see that as significant effort from a n00b

;D

my last post is meant for iwi2200 only...

the "good" way to make logs can be found at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=71779

this link exists in iwidarwin site

other drivers will have to wait for further development.

iwi2100 - i don't know if anyone uses this card anymore

iwi2915/2200 - i'll try to help porting it to mac os x 10.5

iwi3945/4965 - this project can be done using symuc's code. with the right code structure it's possible to make a project with code for both drivers instead of having 2 separated projects (intel as done this)

i'd like to thank people who have made donations to iwidarwin

maybe i manage to get a new laptop and start writting 10.5 code

jala.....i would really like airport support on i2200.....i think that would be amazing!! So i can finally get rid of my wifi usb dongle :D.....i would help you on testing it but im kind of a noob....if u think u can give me simple instructions on what to do, i will help you

iwi2200 leo version

this was made on a imac g3...

i can only post source code at this time - i need a pc to work

i've changed a few thing for making the driver work on mac os x 10.5

can someone with leo and xcode post a build of this version in this thread?

this version will build in xcode against current version of mac os x - this means that if you have 10.5.1 and build it might fail to work for 10.5.0. post which version of mac os you used for making the build

i need logs to make this driver work

iwi2200_source_leo_v01.zip

iwi2200 leo version

this was made on a imac g3...

i can only post source code at this time - i need a pc to work

i've changed a few thing for making the driver work on mac os x 10.5

can someone with leo and xcode post a build of this version in this thread?

this version will build in xcode against current version of mac os x - this means that if you have 10.5.1 and build it might fail to work for 10.5.0. post which version of mac os you used for making the build

i need logs to make this driver work

so what exactly does this do???? can i use wireless with it?? I have a iatkos installation dvd and xcode 3.0 which i just downloaded today since i saw your post....i have no idea what i have to do with it but if you tell me i will try my best

Sigh, it is no where near close.

Being able to recognize it is merely a matter of finding the right device in the hardware tree and telling Leopard everything is good. That is a HUGE difference from being able to do anything. In other words, none of the important code that lets the driver do any work is in there. The next step would be to find someone who knows something about OS X driver dev, has an 3945 or 4965 card, and has some desire to make the driver. Which I'm again going to bet will take quite the while.

For those who are asking javaloui to fix 4965 or 3945 drivers...HE CAN'T. He doesn't have the cards, doesn't have Leopard, so he has no debug environment. And If you honestly think he can develop the drivers and have someone else debug them, with the rare exception that the other person is competent enough ( in which case they could make the driver themselves ), you are dead wrong.

jalavoui -

Very cool news about getting intel2200 going on Leopard! I will fully support this and prob switch over to Leopard myself when we have a version ready to test, and will do what I can to provide logs/feedback.

I wonder though if you or Symuc have had any luck with the intermittant sluggishness that still remains in the wi2200 driver? It has obviously gotten better than earlier builds, but is still present nonetheless. Just wondering if it might be better to get that problem ironed out on 10.4 before switching to 10.5? Thanks for all your efforts!!!

Sorry, all. I'm not dead, but I still don't have my computer back. IBM didn't have the part in stock, and I was flying back to the US. Hopefully they'll show up tomorrow to pick it up to fix it. International repairs are not so fun :-/. And again, I'm on the Internet through a straw, having only an N800 at my disposal.

In between job hunting and finding a place to live, I fully intend to get this thing working. I want to be able to run OS X on my system without a dongle hanging off of it as much as anyone. Sadly, it will be at least another week before I have a working system, maybe a bit more.

Sorry, all. I'm not dead, but I still don't have my computer back. IBM didn't have the part in stock, and I was flying back to the US. Hopefully they'll show up tomorrow to pick it up to fix it. International repairs are not so fun :-/. And again, I'm on the Internet through a straw, having only an N800 at my disposal.

In between job hunting and finding a place to live, I fully intend to get this thing working. I want to be able to run OS X on my system without a dongle hanging off of it as much as anyone. Sadly, it will be at least another week before I have a working system, maybe a bit more.

Fine advance in this project. Keep it up (when you will have your system back).

I can also offer a VNC/SSH session into an XCode-installed Leopard laptop with a 4965AGN card to help with development. Not sure whether anyone has compiled the code the OP requested to be built yet; could do that too. P/M me if interested.

Getting the wireless to work would rid me of this ugly usb dongle :blink: Love Leopard otherwise.

Leopard 10.5.1/Kalyway with Vanilla kernel/ACPI fixes on a T7700/4GB/i965 Clevo M570-RU laptop.

I'll also commit to offering unlimited VNC/SSH to a Intel 3495 running on 10.5.1 Gatway with Xcode and all dev tools :( it has everything else working but the wireless card so I'm sure with the millions of Intel 3495 users out there it will be a happy day when this issue is fixed