Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn

jalavoui

3,411 posts in this topic

Wow guys, great work. I've just started trying out the OSx86 project. I've been exicted to get it running, but without wireless, it's not very useful for me yet. I'm willing to help out however I can, but I'm very new to OS X, so I'll need a little guidance. I think I speak for everyone when I say your work is very much appreciated.

~Beeve

Tryed the kext from post 101. The card is still recognized as ethernet, no conectivity, networkSelector doesnt do much, just keep pressing '1'... The system freezed at some point, and there were some glitches on the GIU I didnt have before. here are the dmesg, ioreg, and sys log in a zip.

Good work anyway!

I just bought a dell 1390 (broadcom chip) mini pci e. so I will sale my 3945, but I'll help to test as long as I still have it.

post101.zip

maybe iwi2200 but the 3945 is still in developement ...

I think I will start a new driver from the latest linux driver as the ipw2200

I don't know if I have the skills for :/

jalavoui : what should I do ?

jalavoi, the good job on these you guys are really doing good on it well I have a dv6000 and an 3945 and I can test for you guys if younwant I aslo have some knowledge in coding pm me if you need help. Peace and keep the work up guys!

-ethan

Right now they compile, but I'm coming up with compatability routines, for example a function called pci_free_consistent that actually calls IOFreeContiguous. So far, with the exception of replacing all instances like skb->data with a call to skb_data() (then writing a function skb_data()) and stripping the Linux-specific include files, it is working entirely without modification.

the IOFreeContiguous() gives me firmware errors in iwi2200 replace it from my last post

you can write the skb_xxx functions for mac os - this will make the linux code run with less modifications. in iwi2200.h you'll find more skb converted functions

you're going in the right direction - converting some linux functions makes the code much easier to work

what version of iwl3945 are you using?

TNW is working with iwl3945 1.0 and ioethernetcontroller

you're working with apple80211

i think you should commit your code to the svn trunk to a folder called "iwi3945-airport10.5

I think I will start a new driver from the latest linux driver as the ipw2200

i think symuc as started ported from latest linux source (with apple80211)

you should wait for him to commit is version of iwl3945

this will save you from having to convert all linux code again and will allow you to use the same linux source

i like your version with ioethernetcontroller - do you plan do keep it or move to apple80211?

at this time iwi3945 can scan for networks

but the hard part will be to write code for the rx/tx handle.

TNW, you can try to use the new mac80211 functions for rx/tx - this will be hard to do

or you can try to use the ieee80211 rx/tx functions from iwi2200 - they're stable

have you fixed the anoying iwl_send_cmd() bug?

you need to remove

if (rc==HOST_COMPLETE_TIMEOUT) priv->status &= ~STATUS_HCMD_ACTIVE;//hack

otherwise the commands will always be send

in iwl_rx_handle() you have

reclaim=0;

i think this can give a bug - remove it and check

check iwl_rx_queue_alloc() - remove IOMallocContiguous()

if you don't use IOMallocContiguous() remove all IOFreeContiguous()

can you commit iwi2200.dmg to iwi2200-osx10.5 ? we need to have people testing the driver

i think with some good logs you can make a few changes in the source code to make it work

you can check if iwi2200 loads in your computer by adding your card id to info.plist - just remove it before committing to svn

you should add in iwi3945-osx10.5 svn tree the property "svn:ignore build" this will prevent the build folders to be committed to the svn tree. i found strange files there - do you need stdio.h and _types.h?

if you move nsgui from iwi2200 take a look at the run script in xcode. you also need to add new folders (iwi3945) to allow it to build iwi3945.dmg

we need people with 2100 and 4965 cards to join iwidarwin

i'd like to have all drivers working in mac os x 10.5 ;)

Ethan021,

if you have xcode and like to help please do it

we need more developers to make this work

OK,

I am at the point where the driver can load , but when i enable interupts there are lot of errors ...

and yesterday the driver worked(sometimes...) but I changed something and now ... KP or HW-errors .

If someone can explain me why I have HW-error or SW_error I tested everything you explain but that didn't work :/

OK,

I am at the point where the driver can load , but when i enable interupts there are lot of errors ...

and yesterday the driver worked(sometimes...) but I changed something and now ... KP or HW-errors .

If someone can explain me why I have HW-error or SW_error I tested everything you explain but that didn't work :/

Could you post the code you're using right now? And... "it worked"? What do you mean by that? I think you're making a backup of every modification you do to the driver, don't you? Well, i've just bought (finally) a laptop with the 3945. I can also help with development, i don't have any experience in driver dev, but i do on coding.

Thanks in advance ~

P.S: You're going waaaaaay fast. But don't hurry. Keep up the good work, TNW, Symuc and jalavoui.

not fully working but I had the geography scan ,...

you can dev with the svn code

now I have a KP on iwl_hw_tx_queue_init() so I don't have to touch this function

so the init isn't corect ..and I have only one MAC OS X so I can't debug what I do :/

If you want any help I can help you on jabber ,AIM , or msn just pm me..

i installed the 2200 svn and it gave me a kp so i booted into safe mode and deleted it thorugh terminal........but now when i boot into leo my wallpaper is changed to a light blue and there is a question mark instead of one of the applications in my dock....anyone know what the problem is?

TNW,

i'll look at svn code again

can you post system.log ?

nop - svn code is the same. have you commit your changes?

you still have lots if IOFreeContiguous() - this can give kp - just remove them

just remebered something important:

i've add to code lots of

memset(...)

this was because of some firmware errors. see, for example, the memset in iwl_send_cmd_pdu()

but i think you can remove some of them - maybe this causes some bugs in code

it's better to look at iwlwifi-1.0.0-1 souce and put the code like it was before

sorry - i should remeber this before

i also remeber that using diferrent firmware versions make the driver give some bugs - have you tryed all firmware versions? - this might help

you can try the symuc's method at start() - the code is in the other thread. but i think this is not the problem.

the problem in iwl_isr() should go away. you need to enable it so the driver can work

this will allow to find out where iwl_isr() is breaking

maybe after a scan it tries to associate to a network. but there's no code for association yet.

this will take some time to fix...

enable this line:

//IOLog("outputPacket\n");

if the driver tries to send packets it will fail because there's no code for it to work

this can give some firmware errors

iwi2200/iwi3945

we need people posting logs

Symuc, TNW

i've used code from mac80211-10.0.0

maybe it's better to find a good version to work with

the problem is that recent versions goes to deep into linux and need several changes in iwi3945 code

this will be the next step on developing iwi3945 and can be hard to fix

maybe we can use some of ieee80211 iwi2200 code

I've checked in what code I've written (and accidentally checked in the build directory, too. Oops.)

Many of the functions are stubs, and there are about 50 more that need to be generated. Some of them actually work. I've incorporated code from the iwi2200 drivers, from the Linux tree, and from sample programs.

The compatibility.cpp file contains OS X adaptations to the Linux functions that can interact with the OS X side of things. It uses definitions provided in the define.h file, such as for the io80211 structs. Since the 3945 and 4965 drivers are so similar, once the 3945 is working it should be trivial to adapt the 4965 code to work as well. Tracking changes should be easier, too.