shrooms

ecstasy

weed

various opiates

amphetamines (adderall)

theyre fun, but not for everyone. be safe. research

EROWID.ORG (unbiased drug information)

Unless you were referring to illegal drugs :blink:

Just because something is illegal does not mean it is bad. (Homosexuality was illegal once)

I'm up for anything thats not hardcore or life threatening. (so not much ;) weed and alcohol is it really)

Note to Americans:

paracetamol = acetaminophen = Tylenol

i myself smoke weed daily and love it. im interested in what percentage of people here do drugs

I think you left out some major categories of drugs in your poll like:

cocaine

heroin

methamphetamines

ecstasy

I love weed. Yup, that's about it for me. No alcohol, tobacco (except for the light javanse I use for blunts) or any other drugs for that matter.

I am conscious, however, that weed will affect my work mojo, so I toke only when I am free of responsibilities (usually with my mates) or when I absolutely need a break.

hmm, what does horse tranquilizer fall under?

are you talking about ketamine? if so you could vote for psychadleic but technically its a discociative. not a suprise to see weed is the most popular choice :) damn i want to get high now...

I am currently doing rennie and sertraline. the former is something your suppost to take for acid, but i like um' and sertraline i take for OCD, but i pop 2 at a time cos they taste nice.

Don't know if there considered doing drugs, but hey. what ever floats your boat.

Think Mark

Think its more of an addiction than drugs.

I've done long stints of just about everything except 'H', a month's wig out on crystal meth was the worst of the lot health wise, fine whilst on it but I really did think I was dying for the week long come down, not worth it but a very interesting man made as you can chase it, snort it, eat it, you could inject it (but thats a dirty, dirty thing to do IMO) The wierdest was definately ketamine or rohypnol (the date rape drug) that is one experience I can say I definately do not remember a single thing after taking the first one for a period of about 12 hours, anything could have happened to me and I wouldn't know (I only know what I was told and none of it was good, I was offensive, tried to screw my best friends girlfriend and threw a guy down a flight of stairs.. completely out of character), long time favourites where LSD and E's.. tamazipan/valium I enjoyed immensely... almost grown out of all drug use now but it I did a good 15 years worth of unadulterated bender, still hanker for some nice sticky green almost all the time but manage to keep a good smoke to about a weekend a month..

There are positives and negatives to drug use, most certainly you can have some great, great times and become much closer to freinds than people could ever imagine, enlightenment and open minded'ness is par for the course, but after a while everything becomes a let down, you will never have nights out like those first experiences on something (especially e).. it's often a slow slope downhill from there unfortunately... suprisingly I blame 'green' (weed) for the lion's share of the problems I have now been left with (some social paranoia, severe memory issues.. reduced vocabulary because I can't remember words I want to use at times, a little dislexia (but controllable), which can be embarrassing as I now have a fairly high level career in IT management) contrary to what people say weed does f*ck you up when abused regularly :(, mind you I cained it like a mad man at an oz or so a week from the age of 15, I'm now 33, kind of hits home with the realisation I could have paid off a mortgage with the amount of coin I've spent on green. most of us grow out of it, some quicker than others.

as others say.. enjoy, be mature about it, look after your freinds who aren't, know your limits, be well informed and you'll have a good chance of coming out of it alright

I've done long stints of just about everything except 'H', a month's wig out on crystal meth was the worst of the lot health wise, fine whilst on it but I really did think I was dying for the week long come down, not worth it but a very interesting man made as you can chase it, snort it, eat it, you could inject it (but thats a dirty, dirty thing to do IMO) The wierdest was definately ketamine or rohypnol (the date rape drug) that is one experience I can say I definately do not remember a single thing after taking the first one for a period of about 12 hours, anything could have happened to me and I wouldn't know (I only know what I was told and none of it was good, I was offensive, tried to screw my best friends girlfriend and threw a guy down a flight of stairs.. completely out of character), long time favourites where LSD and E's.. tamazipan/valium I enjoyed immensely... almost grown out of all drug use now but it I did a good 15 years worth of unadulterated bender, still hanker for some nice sticky green almost all the time but manage to keep a good smoke to about a weekend a month..

There are positives and negatives to drug use, most certainly you can have some great, great times and become much closer to freinds than people could ever imagine, enlightenment and open minded'ness is par for the course, but after a while everything becomes a let down, you will never have nights out like those first experiences on something (especially e).. it's often a slow slope downhill from there unfortunately... suprisingly I blame 'green' (weed) for the lion's share of the problems I have now been left with (some social paranoia, severe memory issues.. reduced vocabulary because I can't remember words I want to use at times, a little dislexia (but controllable), which can be embarrassing as I now have a fairly high level career in IT management) contrary to what people say weed does f*ck you up when abused regularly ;) , mind you I cained it like a mad man at an oz or so a week from the age of 15, I'm now 33, kind of hits home with the realisation I could have paid off a mortgage with the amount of coin I've spent on green. most of us grow out of it, some quicker than others.

as others say.. enjoy, be mature about it, look after your freinds who aren't, know your limits, be well informed and you'll have a good chance of coming out of it alright

Funny you should blame weed for your problems after abusing so many hard drugs for such a long period of time (unless I misunderstood you and you have just "tried" them). I am also in my thirties and I have smoked weed ever since I was in highschool (just as many of my mates, I may add) and none of us have any of the problems you mentioned before and most attained our university degrees without further difficulties. Of course weed is, for my part at least, the only drug I use.

Now, I don't mean to be judgemental but I think that your problems are probably rooted in already existing physical conditions (specially dislexia), worsened by your abuse of strong chemical drugs. If at all, you should blame yourself and not grass for being irresponsable.

Funny you should blame weed for your problems after abusing so many hard drugs for such a long period of time (unless I misunderstood you and you have just "tried" them). I am also in my thirties and I have smoked weed ever since I was in highschool (just as many of my mates, I may add) and none of us have any of the problems you mentioned before and most attained our university degrees without further difficulties. Of course weed is, for my part at least, the only drug I use.

Now, I don't mean to be judgemental but I think that your problems are probably rooted in already existing physical conditions (specially dislexia), worsened by your abuse of strong chemical drugs. If at all, you should blame yourself and not grass for being irresponsable.

nah you didn't get me wrong mate but I did slow down around 24 with the 'harder' and stuck with the comfy ol' green habit, of course I accept full responsibility for what I've done, I was well aware of what the risks were and don't regret any of it for one moment, I found it character building...

I only began to notice the spelling/memory issues later and have read about many other cases of people exhibiting the same symptoms due to 'le skunk', people react to stuff in different ways, I've seen a mate of a mate end up in a psychiatric ward for months fearing 'we' and his own parents were 'after him' following his first session on mushies.. everyone else was fine (it was my first too). As you say yourself it affect's your 'work mojo'.. so I take it by that y'can't be arsed.. where as, I used to work harder when stoned at work (although due to the paranoia someone would detect I was wasted... an enjoyable paranoia all the same).. I'm straight now and tossing it off on the internet all day!

I only began to notice the spelling/memory issues later and have read about many other cases of people exhibiting the same symptoms due to 'le skunk', people react to stuff in different ways, I've seen a mate of a mate end up in a psychiatric ward for months fearing 'we' and his own parents were 'after him' following his first session on mushies.. everyone else was fine (it was my first too). As you say yourself it affect's your 'work mojo'.. so I take it by that y'can't be arsed.. where as, I used to work harder when stoned at work (although due to the paranoia someone would detect I was wasted... an enjoyable paranoia all the same).. I'm straight now and tossing it off on the internet all day!
Good answer. And kudos to you for getting your act straight, brother!

I remember hearing about psycho cases like the one you mentioned when I was in school but I have honestly never met anyone like that in my life (at least not because of smoking weed). I tend to think that things like that happen to people with certain mental preconditions. I mean, it's known that quite a significant amount of people suffer from depression without even knowing it and weed might probably help open some doors that are hard to shut again.

For what it's worth: I believe that the human mind is capable of many things and that if we can break the mental barriers imposed on us by our own society and belief systems then we may discover fascinating new capacities beyond our wildest dreams.

Cheers,

hecker :)

For what it's worth: I believe that the human mind is capable of many things and that if we can break the mental barriers imposed on us by our own society and belief systems then we may discover fascinating new capacities beyond our wildest dreams.

Just and True, words which could only be conceived and delivered by a true herbalist :)!..