P5K-SE - Retail Leopard Instalation

Jimmy Mallmann

1,037 posts in this topic

Has anyone gotten the e-sata port to work correctly on the p5k? It will mount for me but after a while it will error out and not allow any reads or writes to the drive....

I am currently running mine on iPC OSx86 install. I plan on following this guide for a reinstall this weekend!

Jimmy, still no luck with input on my P5K SE/EPU. I did a completely clean install and followed the updated guide. Is anyone else having this issue or am I missing something simple? When I use Garageband I can hear the selected effects but nothing comes out except noise. Tried all 3 inputs but no luck....

Jimmy, still no luck with input on my P5K SE/EPU. I did a completely clean install and followed the updated guide. Is anyone else having this issue or am I missing something simple? When I use Garageband I can hear the selected effects but nothing comes out except noise. Tried all 3 inputs but no luck....

Logic Pro works fine with my onboard sound as far as I can tell (p5k)

I would never use it though - If you are serious about music production, get a real soundcard (with osx drivers of course) :P

Hi everyone, go to this site (link) Get his version of VooDooHDA, install the Extreme Patched version, install the .kext and the PrefsPane

Restart, open the VooDooHDA PrefsPane and configure the inputs, ajust the "monitor" to at least 10%

then ajust the inputs until you get recording working...

Yep, I got a copy of the golden master, and tried that. Lots of kernel panics though! ;)

For now, snow leopard is not stable at all!

Hi,

Are these "kernel panics" occurred due to external. kext drivers (p5k hackint0sh) to be loaded?

Or is Snow Leopard itself unstable? including running on a real mac.

Grts,

Wally

Or is Snow Leopard itself unstable? including running on a real mac.

Grts,

Wally

Its pretty damn stable on my 2,1 Macbook. no Kernel Panics or anything.

Still I am very interested in installing it on my Big Machine :)

I remember when I successfully installed one of the first Tiger versions in 2005 -- basically nothing but the core system worked..

The osx scene has come a long way ;)

I've been reading everyones experiences with 10.5.8, and am considering the upgrade.

If I download and install the upgrade, then install the P5K-Family_10.5.8 KEXTS PACK INSTALLER, and

re-boot should everything come up normally, except the Yukon ethernet, which I will have to copy or edit

the kext again?

I Currently have 10.5.7, and my specs are in my signature, I'm just trying to be sure before I upgrade.

Also Is it correct that there is a new kext for my audio that stops all the popping and crackling?

Thanks

Chuck E.

Get the yukon.kext from the FAQ, install it then upgrade, that should do!

I've been reading everyones experiences with 10.5.8, and am considering the upgrade.

If I download and install the upgrade, then install the P5K-Family_10.5.8 KEXTS PACK INSTALLER, and

re-boot should everything come up normally, except the Yukon ethernet, which I will have to copy or edit

the kext again?

I Currently have 10.5.7, and my specs are in my signature, I'm just trying to be sure before I upgrade.

Also Is it correct that there is a new kext for my audio that stops all the popping and crackling?

Thanks

Chuck E.

Yep, it is stable for mac hardware, of course, on my mac book pro early 2009 for instance.. kexts for hackintoshes need some developing, some systems seem stable, some... For now 10.5.8 is fine for my 2 hackintoshes. :)

Hi,

Ok clear.

Can you run Snow apart from all the errors and get a working environment eg. desktop?

Or blocks the kernel (error) the computer to boot Snow?

Grts,

Wally

Nope, kernel panic after the welcome screen, but I have not tested the latest netkas .kext, and I deleted the installation from my backup HD.

I have installed it here, for testing... It runs, fine, but still need to hack some files... not stable enough..

I am not in a rush to have it installed as my primary OS if it is not stable enough. Maybe in a couple of months it will. :)

Nope, kernel panic after the welcome screen, but I have not tested the latest netkas .kext, and I deleted the installation from my backup HD.

I have installed it here, for testing... It runs, fine, but still need to hack some files... not stable enough..

I am not in a rush to have it installed as my primary OS if it is not stable enough. Maybe in a couple of months it will. :)

Hi,

Nice job.

Please make the adjustments and files (. kext etc) public.

I would like to see it as a kind of transaction beta fase to the new Mac OS X.

So in the near future the community could create step by step an operative 'Snow Hackintosh installation'.

At the moment I am interested to have Snow as dual (test) boot.

Thanks.

Grts,

Wally

Hi, there is already a guide for that, try this (link) Unfortunately I had to figure out myself how to... :)

After it becomes stable I probably will provide a P5KFamily installer. For now google the kexts you need if you can´t find here (link), install chameleon, copy the boot file to the system root, install the kexts

Create a script and place it to snow leopard root

boot with -s and build the Extensions.mkext

#!/bin/sh
 kextcache -v 1 -t -l -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions
 sleep 3
 cp -R /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/

then reboot :) and cross your fingers...

There are lots of guides on infinitemac.com , including one for the P5K-E Wifi.

It also seems like there is working 64bit VoodooHDA Version.

Another P5K Family pack would be amazing ( as always )!!

Let us know how it works out Wally! ;)

hello jimmy and thank you very much for that great guide!!

i got a p5k-ws mainboard, everything works fine (including virus ti desktop and powercore pci mkII) but the firewire port isn't recognized. without firewire my hackintosh makes no sense, because i got a motu 828 mkIII firewire audiointerface and want to run cubase 5 on my hackintosh :S

is there any way/special kext for the p5k-ws to get the firewire port working (at full speed)?

i already tried to remove the AppleHPET.kext, then the firewire port is recognized but i think it doesnt run at full speed because audio output on the motu has bad interruptions... :(

if you can help me i can send you some money via paypal, i would really appreciate your help!

thank you very much in advance,

roland

hello again,

i forgot to say that when i install the "P5K-Family_10.5.8 KEXTS PACK INSTALLER" after the update, my mac os can't startup after reboot, it always says "you have to reboot your computer, hold down the...blabla..." seems that some kext is incompatible (?!)

my hardware configuration:

asus p5k-ws

greetings, roland

Well, there is a cheap solution to that. You may try to get a pci firewire card to get that working, there are some controllers recognized out of the box by mac osx, then you would have no problems with speed and glitches.

check this compatibility list here, look for "other"

and

I have bought one myself for a friend, it worked out of the box with final cut express 4.

try the " StarTech 2 Port FireWire PEX1394B3 400/800MB "

Boot with P5KFamily CD, then remove any other kext you have installed, mainly any Legacy kexts... then Apply The installer again, and then reboot. Post your results, good luck!