P5K-SE - Retail Leopard Instalation

Jimmy Mallmann

1,037 posts in this topic

Does the iso download properly for anyone? It's showing corrupt when I download it on my Windows machine to burn as an .iso

i'm totally new to this. the iso and installer zip is also corrupt when i try to open on my windows machine.

does anyone have a working version?

Still no lucky ;)

are you using Uinstaller from Leopard ? I guess its not working right from Snow Leopard.

Things are strange sometimes ..... my 8800GT and on another computer a 8600GT work just fine using Uinstaller from Leopard to apply the strings for Snow Leopard.

Hope you get it to work somehow!

Hi can anyone help me here.

I have the following h/w

P5K-C

Q6600

4gb DDR2 800mhz

Nvidia 8600GTS

Installed SL to GUID HD via working Leo 10.5.6

Installed Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640

Run Uinstaller to patch GFX

Run DSDT patcher

Copied over SL 64bit kexts from pk5-e snow essentials

Repaired permissions on extensions folder using Kext Utility

Boot with -x64 -f -v

I'm then getting a KP seemingly from IOATAFamily.kext

Any ideas?

IMG_0406.jpg

Hi can anyone help me here.

I have the following h/w

P5K-C

Q6600

4gb DDR2 800mhz

Nvidia 8600GTS

Installed SL to GUID HD via working Leo 10.5.6

Installed Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640

Run Uinstaller to patch GFX

Run DSDT patcher

Copied over SL 64bit kexts from pk5-e snow essentials

Repaired permissions on extensions folder using Kext Utility

Boot with -x64 -f -v

I'm then getting a KP seemingly from IOATAFamily.kext

Any ideas?

Hi,

Probably a ata controller error.

Try the updated/patched version in my attachment.

Good luck,

Greetings,

Wally

PS. Always make a backup of your kext driver before replacing it.

IOATAFamily.kext.zip

would be my guess too.

Did you get your 10.6 up and running?

Hi,

It runs but no more or less.

I get too many errors to use Snow permanently. (Appleusbuhci related)

Currently I stand by my 10.5.8. Installation.

This works 100% properly.

With the notable features: sleep, restart and shutdown.

Greetings,

Wally

NEWS:

I tried to flash my card with a different bios file (with a different id **CRAZY**)

And for my surprise, WORKED !

The board id for this bios file is 0x0615, mine was 0x0612.

NEWS 2:

I found another bios file @ mvktech.net with same id as my old bios, flashed and still ok.

Now Snow is running OK.

Jimmy,

I think it is wise that you as an P5K-SE hakintosh 'expert' start a topic about P5K-SE 10.6 Snow.

More and more mail is about 10.6 and not for which it is intended: 10.5.8.

Think of it as a transaction project from 10.5.8 to a reliable installation guide for 10.6 Snow within a certain period.

Greetings,

Wally

Hi, i need some help plz.

My pc config:

- Motherboard Asus PK5PL/1600

- Intel Core Quad Q6700 2.6

- nVidia GrForce 9400 GT

- 2 GB Ram DDR2 (400mhz - single slot)

- 500 GB (SATA)

- DVD-R (SATA)

I follow your guide. Downloaded all files and softwares to install on OSX. I did everything by the book.

I boot PC with boot loader P5K class mobo. I have a Leopard DVD Retail 10.5. (From Apple)

All the instalation run well. I installed P5K-Family_10.5.8 KEXTS PACK INSTALLER, UNIVERSAL OSx86 INSTALLER, and then MacOSXUpd10.5.8.dmg.

Internet connection works fine.

But when reboot the computer, on the blanc screen with grey apple logo, i have Kernel Panic freeze message. Tipical from macs when a hardware problem exists (im mac user, but try to run OS on PC).

Can you give me some help, cuz i really have no idea what is happening.

It didn't work on my p5k-se motherboard the iso thing for p5k se I tried many times with different cds bit doesn't work cd works on the other computer but when I put cd in p5k-se it shows the thing which I attached as a picture. Anyone knows a solution, thanks for now!

post-274476-1253060552_thumb.jpg

SOLVED.

Hello, I am stuck at the same place no matter what I do. please help.

spec:

Asus P5K SE

intel prescott 670 3.8ghz ht (single core with HT) <-- This was the cuprit.

WD 400gb SATA (port2)

Samsung SATA dvd burner (port1)

or Pioneer usb dvd drive (IDE), or IDE pioneer dvd drive both being DVR110d

NVidia 7900xx pci-e

OK, my problem is it loads the boot disc, but it will not completely load leopard 10.5.6. It load to the "Apple" logo and stuck there, No mouse or pinwheel. This happen with usb external dvd and sata. please help.

SOLVED. I boot the Retail OSX 10.5.6 with -v and saw the cpu multiplier complaint it was fast but I saw it. Now I just swap with my Celeron E1200 and it boot into OSX installation. I now have to figure how to hard set the multiplier and frequency on the board. I thought I need to get a P5Q with modded bios but I guess not. Thank you for the ISO Jimmy.

Hi, i need some help plz.

My pc config:

- Motherboard Asus PK5PL/1600

- Intel Core Quad Q6700 2.6

- nVidia GrForce 9400 GT

- 2 GB Ram DDR2 (400mhz - single slot)

- 500 GB (SATA)

- DVD-R (SATA)

I follow your guide. Downloaded all files and softwares to install on OSX. I did everything by the book.

I boot PC with boot loader P5K class mobo. I have a Leopard DVD Retail 10.5. (From Apple)

All the instalation run well. I installed P5K-Family_10.5.8 KEXTS PACK INSTALLER, UNIVERSAL OSx86 INSTALLER, and then MacOSXUpd10.5.8.dmg.

Internet connection works fine.

But when reboot the computer, on the blanc screen with grey apple logo, i have Kernel Panic freeze message. Tipical from macs when a hardware problem exists (im mac user, but try to run OS on PC).

Can you give me some help, cuz i really have no idea what is happening.

I have the same motherboard as you do and had the same problem you encountered. I was not able to solve it with the Boot 132 and Retail Leopard and the requisite patches updates. However, I was finally able to install Leo on a P5KPL series (including P5KPL-AM, P5KPL-AM/PS, P5KPL-AM/SE) using iDeneb v.1.4. (10.5.7).

I recommend consulting this link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=160123&pid=1222400&mode=threaded&start=#entry1222400. This is the guide I used and it is prety forward. After installation I was able to upgrade it to 10.5.8 without a problem. Good luck!

Update: Try iDeneb v.1.5. it is now available. Have not used it personally but feedbacks on how it works on the P5KPL series is also positive. Give it a try.

It didn't work on my p5k-se motherboard the iso thing for p5k se I tried many times with different cds bit doesn't work cd works on the other computer but when I put cd in p5k-se it shows the thing which I attached as a picture. Anyone knows a solution, thanks for now!

Seems like a optical drive hardware problem. I have experienced the same at one time and I solved the issue by getting me a new SATA Optical Drive.

spec:

Asus P5K SE

intel prescott 670 3.8ghz ht (single core with HT)

WD 400gb SATA (port2)

NVidia 7900xx pci-e

OK, my problem is it loads the boot disc, but it will not completely load leopard 10.5.6. It load to the "Apple" logo and stuck there, No mouse or pinwheel. This happen with usb external dvd and sata. please help. I have yet to try IDE dvd drive directly. but after all this issue, it would not hurt to try.

What you are saying is that your optical drive and hard drive are external drives? It would not work. The SATA optical drive and hard drive must be both internally attached to the sata ports of the mb.

spec:

Asus P5K SE

intel prescott 670 3.8ghz ht (single core with HT)

WD 400gb SATA (port2)

NVidia 7900xx pci-e

OK, my problem is it loads the boot disc, but it will not completely load leopard 10.5.6. It load to the "Apple" logo and stuck there, No mouse or pinwheel. This happen with usb external dvd and sata. please help. I have yet to try IDE dvd drive directly. but after all this issue, it would not hurt to try.

You mean you are using external drives for both optical and hard drives? Won't work! The sata drives should be both internally plugged in directly to the motherboard by way of the sata ports.

Hi, I have made some tests, but it is still not stable, and there are plenty or tutorials to have the same result.

But you are right, as soon it is stable some files may be put online, thanks! :)

Jimmy,

I think it is wise that you as an P5K-SE hakintosh 'expert' start a topic about P5K-SE 10.6 Snow.

More and more mail is about 10.6 and not for which it is intended: 10.5.8.

Think of it as a transaction project from 10.5.8 to a reliable installation guide for 10.6 Snow within a certain period.

Greetings,

Wally

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

By this, I'd like you (as forum user) to report that my sleep function now works on 10.5.8.

This after the simple installation of SleepEnabler.kext. *

So no more custom IOUSBFamily drivers :D

Greetings,

Wally

* Credits to 'pista7'

Thanks for the kext :unsure: . I'm using P5K Premium wifi/AP mobo and I can confirm that this kext TOGETHER with moded IOUSBFamily.kext works for sleep but there is rather strange behaviour - after sleep restart hangs and shut down is really slow. Anyone experienced the same problem?

Hi, first of all, English is the official language in this topic, although I can understand what your problem is, then...

install seatbelt.kext for KP

use the sleepenabler.kext for Sleep with 10.5.8

Install Chameleon-2.0-RC3 or RC2, and remove OpenHaltRestart.kext if having problems with restart or shutdown.

Good luck there! :)

Estou com 2 problemas,

- Esta dando Kernel Panic algumas vezes durante o uso, e nao sei o que pode ser.

- Nao conseguir colocar o SLEEP ...

gostaria de uma ajuda

Grato