Graffiti

Soündless

should graffiti be legal?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. should graffiti be legal?

• yes
    • no

161 posts in this topic

If you are bored of the rich life, then find something useful. Instead of doing things that waste others' time, do something that you enjoy that is PRODUCTIVE!

i.e. learn something interesting (C++, RC planes, knitting, whatever catches your eye), get a job, build a set of speakers for your car and wire it yourself, buy an old car and fix it up and make it amazing. Do something that will make people go "wow. that dude is awesome", instead of "wtf I hate these dam teens". Take all of that time that you consider "empty", and turn it into the high point of your day. That is what I have done, and let me tell you, it is rewarding. Maybe you get a short thrill out of vandalizing stuff, but couldn't you get a much better one out of doing something cool for yourself?

I wonder how long it will take before my entire point is dismissed due to my age/race/social class/etc...

oh, and what made soundless the supreme decider of what deserves to be vandalized?

graffiti.jpg

i just think it gives life to the otherwise boring buildings of industrialist america

and @ erie33, i'll admit i am from a middle class family who lives in a 3 bedroom house in indiana, im not in the least bit ghetto, but who said that graffiti is ghetto only?

Some of those are decent bombs. It's not a store-front or a house, so that's cool.

Southern Ontario is notorious for graffiti in Canada. In fact, a couple years back my home city and it's businesses blocked off a section of downtown and hosted a "graffiti-off" in which you could donate to a charity for a decent space on a wall. Surprisingly, it was a big event, and had a big turn out -- and all of the local well known bombers showed up.

My views: I believe in Karma. Bombers know very well if they're crossing the line when tagging. A few of my buddies have been sentenced community service (one got jail overnight), and had to clean up every tag or bomb that even closely resembled theirs in my city. They had to switch up their tag name, and some stopped after getting caught.

Honestly, though, how many taggers do you know over the age of 20? Everyone I know grew out of it -- or turned that talent into web development, or something.

Idunno, keep that shit off churches, houses, front-side of businesses, etc. You know what crossing the line is. Back allys, parking lots -- any low profile is cool, dude. In fact, I'd be disappointed if there wasn't a nice bomb down a dumpster alleyway! :(

Should it be legal? No. People still think it's "destroying property", and it is. If you're stupid enough to get caught, you deserve everything that comes to you. (usually you get caught when tagging in a high-profile place, anyways!). But if you're discreet and tasteful about it, all the F'in power to you.

Numberz, you sound like my grandma. Actually, my grandma is cooler than you. You're like a closed-minded-bible-belt version of my grandma. You frown on graffiti, even on his OWN property? smh. gtfo.

And socal swimmer, wtf are you thinking when you're giving C++ and knitting as an alternative to Graffiti? Get out much? (jk, jk) :P

Numberz, you sound like my grandma. Actually, my grandma is cooler than you. You're like a closed-minded-bible-belt version of my grandma. You frown on graffiti, even on his OWN property? smh. gtfo.

I can not even begin to say what is wrong with this statement, but I'll use this thing in my head, often called a "brain," and try to explain to you. First of all, I would have missed this if Paranoid Marvin didn't point it out to me, because I didn't actually read your own post (stopped around where you said Canada was crappy). So you are saying I sound like your grandma? How about you post something that your grandma said and see if it even has one word similar to any of my posts. If you say that your grandma is cooler than me, going by the stereotypical definition of "cool," you are saying that your grandma rides around in a skateboard, owns a hacked iPhone, is in a band, has a girlfriend, and wears badass Element(Volcom, Zoo York; whatever, I have them all) jackets. She must be an amazing woman. And I wouldn't want my house to be painted by graffiti because that would be so distracting and unenjoyable I might have to move. :)

I can not even begin to say what is wrong with this statement, but I'll use this thing in my head, often called a "brain," and try to explain to you. First of all, I would have missed this if Paranoid Marvin didn't point it out to me, because I didn't actually read your own post (stopped around where you said Canada was crappy). So you are saying I sound like your grandma? How about you post something that your grandma said and see if it even has one word similar to any of my posts. If you say that your grandma is cooler than me, going by the stereotypical definition of "cool," you are saying that your grandma rides around in a skateboard, owns a hacked iPhone, is in a band, has a girlfriend, and wears badass Element(Volcom, Zoo York; whatever, I have them all) jackets. She must be an amazing woman. And I wouldn't want my house to be painted by graffiti because that would be so distracting and unenjoyable I might have to move. :D

I'm saying my grandma is cooler than you because she has an open mind, and doesn't rely on simple, materialistic bullshit to fill in the void.

I'm saying my grandma is cooler than you because she has an open mind, and doesn't rely on simple, materialistic bullshit to fill in the void.

So we have completely different definitions of cool, eh? You say cool is having "an open mind, and doesn't rely on simple, materialistic bullshit to fill in the void," and I say that cool is wearing cool clothes, listening to cool music, and having actual friends. So tell me: would you rather have graffiti on your house or own a MacBook Pro and a Porsche?

graffiti. ive come to realize that material possesions make me happy for about a month, then they get old and i want a new one. the cycle never ends. with graffiti, you are constantly pushing yourself to do the next greatest thing out there, and you meet lots of people, and you are on the good sides of the gangs.

If you are bored of the rich life, then find something useful. Instead of doing things that waste others' time, do something that you enjoy that is PRODUCTIVE!i.e. learn something interesting (C++, RC planes, knitting, whatever catches your eye), get a job, build a set of speakers for your car and wire it yourself, buy an old car and fix it up and make it amazing. Do something that will make people go "wow. that dude is awesome", instead of "wtf I hate these dam teens". Take all of that time that you consider "empty", and turn it into the high point of your day. That is what I have done, and let me tell you, it is rewarding. Maybe you get a short thrill out of vandalizing stuff, but couldn't you get a much better one out of doing something cool for yourself?I wonder how long it will take before my entire point is dismissed due to my age/race/social class/etc...oh, and what made soundless the supreme decider of what deserves to be vandalized?
ehh, ever consider that graffiti catches my eye? im ot deciding what can be, i was just sharing my practices. the car thing is what i am doing with an old vw bus, but i cant work on that forever. the time i consider empty is filed with graffiti, and im happy doing it. i really couldn't get a better thrill out of programing in c++
Hey! I'm from San Francisco :(@ Soundless: Aren't you like a freshman in high school? That kinda ruins the phrase "I've been living it my whole life."
i lived the majority of my life in sf too.i am a freshmen, but i still am bored of it

I think SJWB (that's a really obnoxious name, no offense) is misunderstanding Numberzz here. I don't think Numberzz is close minded or overly-materialistic at all. He only brought up material possessions because he was on the defensive.

Hello my name is Soundless. I'm a spoiled little rich kid, I'm 15 and the rich life is just not working for me! I got a Macbook pro, but it's over a month old and I want something new! I need graffiti to fill the void having nice things makes in me! I'm all against this whole idea of 'a job' and being productive. Rebel against the establishment man!

I think SJWB (that's a really obnoxious name, no offense) is misunderstanding Numberzz here. I don't think Numberzz is close minded or overly-materialistic at all. He only brought up material possessions because he was on the defensive.

Yeah I was running out of things to say and we were talking about your grandma, had to change the subject.

Note to the slow: I don't have a Porsche.

I wonder how long it will take before my entire point is dismissed due to my age/race/social class/etc...
Funny socal, funny....

If you are going to do something illegal, do something fun like drugs or drink alcohol.
:D I hear that.

Hello my name is Soundless. I'm a spoiled little rich kid, I'm 15 and the rich life is just not working for me! I got a Macbook pro, but it's over a month old and I want something new! I need graffiti to fill the void having nice things makes in me! I'm all against this whole idea of 'a job' and being productive. Rebel against the establishment man!

actually, it was a year old on the 23rd. do you really think that money=happyness? it doesnt. yes i have nice things, i used to like having expensive top of the line computers. but i just had an empty life. all i would do is sit infront of my computer all day, trying to think of something to do with the powerful computer i had. then i tried going outside, it was so much better. then i did graffiti and it just made the whole experience orgasmic.

Southern Ontario is notorious for graffiti in Canada. In fact, a couple years back my home city and it's businesses blocked off a section of downtown and hosted a "graffiti-off" in which you could donate to a charity for a decent space on a wall. Surprisingly, it was a big event, and had a big turn out -- and all of the local well known bombers showed up.

Really, can you be more specific as to where.

For my job every week I travel between Sarnia, Windsor, Mississauga and Hamilton and I rarely see anything.

Not saying there isn't any, but the notorious for graffiti line surprised me.

actually, it was a year old on the 23rd. do you really think that money=happyness? it doesnt. yes i have nice things, i used to like having expensive top of the line computers. but i just had an empty life. all i would do is sit infront of my computer all day, trying to think of something to do with the powerful computer i had. then i tried going outside, it was so much better. then i did graffiti and it just made the whole experience orgasmic.

I go outside too, in fact, I even have a life. But painting something alone isn't exactly being social.

So we have completely different definitions of cool, eh? You say cool is having "an open mind, and doesn't rely on simple, materialistic bullshit to fill in the void," and I say that cool is wearing cool clothes, listening to cool music, and having actual friends. So tell me: would you rather have graffiti on your house or own a MacBook Pro and a Porsche?

How is this even relevant? No one even remotely jabbed at even the slightest thought of graffiti on a residential home. Even Soundless thinks this is stupid. I don't agree with Graffiti being legal, but condoning it is just plain ignorant. Especially when you claim to skate "outdoors" (where you claim to go) which causes property damage, too; what, with all the waxing on curbs and sidewalks, broken railings, and potential lost customers for businesses because of loitering. Old people are afraid of punks.

Also, no one bombs alone, it's always done in groups. I really am doubting you actually do get out much...

Headrush69: The three major cities in Ontario for graffiti: Toronto, London, Hamilton. You must sleep through the ride into Hamilton because it's all over. I'm not talking about highways (though 403 has some), but the city itself has alot of work.

He says he down't try to be in a "group," but he sure acts like every other whiny rich anti-establishment kid out there. Because disrespecting proprty and causing damage just totally fills that void. You ahve money, so why not take away money from others through vanadlism? Yay!
I don't agree with Graffiti being legal, but condoning it is just plain ignorant.
This sentence contradicts itself on so many levels O_o I'm still not sure what you're trying to say here. "I don't think graffiti should be legal, but allowing it is ignorant." WTF?

Headrush69: The three major cities in Ontario for graffiti: Toronto, London, Hamilton. You must sleep through the ride into Hamilton because it's all over. I'm not talking about highways (though 403 has some), but the city itself has alot of work.

My work is between those boundaries. I barely ever go into Hamilton and when I do its in the industrial area around the Skyway bridge.

As to London I am all over the city twice a week and I barely see anything.

Like I said, I'm not saying there isn't anything, I was just surprised someone saying Southern Ontario was notorious for it.

It sure isn't like what I've seen in cities like Detroit or New York. (And the majority of grafitti is in poorer areas there.)

(BTW, in the last 3 months I've been to almost every school in London so I have seen the city. :( )

He says he down't try to be in a "group," but he sure acts like every other whiny rich anti-establishment kid out there. Because disrespecting proprty and causing damage just totally fills that void. You ahve money, so why not take away money from others through vanadlism? Yay!

i dont do this for the sole purpose of destroying property, and it wouldnt be taking away their money if they accepted it. kinda non sequitor, but i intend to live in my bus on a beach for the rest of my life working minimum wage.

kinda non sequitor, but i intend to live in my bus on a beach for the rest of my life working minimum wage.

I don't want to be negative and criticize your planned future, but this doesn't make any sense. Have you ever even worked for minimum wage? I have, and it sucks: hard. Your going to be doing some mundane {censored} task, like many jobs but for minimum {censored} wage! If you're going to work why not work for a decent amount of pay. In my state the current minimum wage is $6.67, thats total {censored}. Also live in a bus on the beach? You're not going to get a decent girl (or guy if you're homosexual) so your social life will consist of hanging out with other loser beach bums. Do you realize how {censored} boring working every day at minimum wage to support your life would be? Maybe if you had a whole lot of reefer--- oh wait! You work for minimum wage, you're to {censored} poor to buy a whole lot of reefer! Coming from an upper class family, you're going to be a complete failure if you live that way.

Don't most young men focus on a semi-successful future with a hot girlfriend?

do you really think that money=happyness?

Hasn't it been proven by now?

i dont. my dream life is living on a beach, surfing and skating everyday. who needs to have a big house with 3 perfect children and a trophy wife? who knows, maybe i'll work my way up to manager...

i dont know if i would be a failure, my parents were/are hippies and only gained money through a fuxked up twist of fate

i dont. my dream life is living on a beach, surfing and skating everyday.

WOMEN R HAWT JUST SO U KNOW, KTHX!

who needs to have a big house with 3 perfect children and a trophy wife?

I know I wouldn't want that. How about:

- A small, cheap-but-nice flat

- A nice inexpensive car

- A job you don't hate

- No debt

- And a steady relationship

Mmm, now that's a dream there isn't it? You're stereotyping 'normal' life to something fake and materialistic, that's not the case at all.