 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

Hey Geeze, your 7600gt is working with the efi string?

If working, plz, post your boot.plist, i need to test, cause i've used all strings, and no one works.

Thanx.

Sorry, I have not had the chance to install it yet. I am trying to get my laptop hooked up with this method.

Hey Geeze, your 7600gt is working with the efi string?If working, plz, post your boot.plist, i need to test, cause i've used all strings, and no one works.Thanx.
For 7600GT try boot plist ,first post
Sorry, I have not had the chance to install it yet. I am trying to get my laptop hooked up with this method.
I have boot plist ready attached to first post 7600GT, delete and replace with attached one Should work

Thanx guys, for the reply.

Kara, i've used the plist of the first topic, no results, the system came up, buy without QE or CI.

The problem is, my device tree is diferent, i got a diferent adress/location in PCI, in my iodevice, the entry for my vga is on PEXO@1C, maybe for this i've got no sucess, yet.

I've already tried those lines in PEXO, nothing yet, i'll find another way here.

If someone knows something about this, plz, let me know.

Thanx.

PS: My VGA is a ECS 7600GT ( from EliteGroup ), and my mobo is a Gigabyte GA-8I945GZME-RH

hey guys, first of all thanks for you hard work on getting this to work and replying to all those messages like mine...

now if i may: i installed efi from within iatkos to another disc somewhat succesfully, when i tried to install it from my "normal" account it gave me some message that my account was not found in the sudoers directory or something like that, so i went into the admin account in all was okay there

i just want to know if that is normal?

but now when i try to boot leo after deleting AppleINTELCPUPowerManagment.kext, AppleEFIRuntime, replacing AppleSMBIOS and IONetworkingFamily, and adding dsmos i get to this point where it get stuck...

i chown and chmod all those files then repaired permissions

thanks guys

post-160113-1199567163_thumb.jpg

BTW: my windows ide hd makes problems when available in leo, is there any way, script or something to automatically unmount this drive a startup?

I reply for myself, if anybody is interested in the solution:

A apple Script could do the job:

tell application "Terminal"

activate

do script ¬

"diskutil unmount \"/Volumes/volumename to unmount\"" in ¬

window frontmost

delay 5

quit

end tell

Save as programm, add to startupitems.

Thanks again to karaakeha1.

I swapped in my ASUS EN7300GT SILENT into my ASUS P5K-E, did a new fresh vanilla install, and added the GFX string to the boot.plist file.

VOILA! Core Image and Quartz Extreme. No NVinject No Natit.

I can confirm that wake from sleep is instantaneous.

My com.apple.Boot.plist file is here. NB. This file is specific to the 7300GT, and most likely P-35 chipsets.....

This VGA card and this MOBO work very well together with EFI_V8 and Leopard.

Thank's

I've just revolved the problem

It was not BIOS settings wich are close to your's

It was the BIOS Update to F8 (my board is rev1)

so F6 or F7 works fine with wake and sleep but F8 do not

I just updated the BIOS to F10 they just released . WOW :blink: Sleep still working and much Better BIOS . Now Don't have to Press Control+F1 to See hidden Settings.

And I can see all my four cores Which I couldnt with F8 or F9 .So at that point reverted to F7

Regarding battery settings and battery indicator:

I installed the file:

PowerManagement.bundle

from the iAtkos disk using Pacifist (maybe this is a Jas file?) and all is well. I really need to learn how to make my own custom leopard image now so I can preinstall all of these various files. I have my image file from my retail disk, but how do I navigate to the various folders using finder? Can I just copy the files using Terminal? If so what do I need to do as far as permissions are concerned?

I just updated the BIOS to F10 they just released . WOW :rolleyes: Sleep still working and much Better BIOS . Now Don't have to Press Control+F1 to See hidden Settings.

And I can see all my four cores Which I couldnt with F8 or F9 .So at that point reverted to F7

Very Good Indeed!

This MB is gettting better and better , day after day.I think we should compile an entire full tutorial step by step guide for one of(maybe The..) best leopard compatible motheboard out here.

Again, thanks to karaakeha1 for keeping us updated, with his experiences.

p.s. asap, I would contribute as well. ;)

Maybe you guys can point me in the right direction. Here is what I want to do:

1) Make a disk image of my retail Leopard DVD (I have done this using read/write option)

2) Take all of my special kext files and place in the "base install" package on my Leopard image. I assume I need a program for that. Pacifist only works to decompress right?

3) Burn my image to DVD.

4) Now I would only have to format disk (GUID), install PC EFI, and then run OSIntall.mpkg.

I have searched the forums. It seems like I have seen some instructions like this before, but I can't find them.

Thanks!

Geeze

Thanx guys, for the reply.

Kara, i've used the plist of the first topic, no results, the system came up, buy without QE or CI.

The problem is, my device tree is diferent, i got a diferent adress/location in PCI, in my iodevice, the entry for my vga is on PEXO@1C, maybe for this i've got no sucess, yet.

I've already tried those lines in PEXO, nothing yet, i'll find another way here.

If someone knows something about this, plz, let me know.

Thanx.

PS: My VGA is a ECS 7600GT ( from EliteGroup ), and my mobo is a Gigabyte GA-8I945GZME-RH

You have a different Videocard and Maotherboard, therefor the plist wont work. Try Natit or NVinject, this should work.

Maybe you guys can point me in the right direction. Here is what I want to do:

1) Make a disk image of my retail Leopard DVD (I have done this using read/write option)

2) Take all of my special kext files and place in the "base install" package on my Leopard image. I assume I need a program for that. Pacifist only works to decompress right?

3) Burn my image to DVD.

4) Now I would only have to format disk (GUID), install PC EFI, and then run OSIntall.mpkg.

I have searched the forums. It seems like I have seen some instructions like this before, but I can't find them.

Thanks!

Geeze

Good idea Try and let us know the good news :(

ok, I like this post.

I have currently a leapord 10.5 installed from a retail disk.

but it's not perfect, so I m trying to make a script and then reinstall the damn thing.

But right now, I have some questions :

I'm using this topic, and this one too : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=72493 to install Leo from retail.

In the other topic though, they don't mention to delete the AppleEFIRuntime.kext . So, what this kext is really used for? should I remove it or not? It's not clear.

Another question is what are really dsmos.lext and AppleSMBIOS.kext? It's just curiosity, but I just wonder what are they for and why do we need them to boot.

Thank you.

dsmos.kext is a page decryption EFI module - required for vanilla and binary hacked kernels, not required for kernels compiled from sources

The job of AppleSMBIOS is simple. It reads SMBIOS data created by BIOS ("SMBIOS" stands for System Management BIOS). Then, it does a little interpretation of raw data and populates "/rom" device tree. OSX relies on this device tree to pickup mobo specific information.

Thanks again to karaakeha1.

I swapped in my ASUS EN7300GT SILENT into my ASUS P5K-E, did a new fresh vanilla install, and added the GFX string to the boot.plist file.

VOILA! Core Image and Quartz Extreme. No NVinject No Natit.

I can confirm that wake from sleep is instantaneous.

My com.apple.Boot.plist file is here. NB. This file is specific to the 7300GT, and most likely P-35 chipsets.....

This VGA card and this MOBO work very well together with EFI_V8 and Leopard.

Is your wifi working? How?

I have the same setup and am about to try this way...

Is8

Looks Like your Shutdown no Longer works after changing BIOS to F10 ?

How is restart and sleep .Is it still reliable any other effects of F10

It's not question of BIOS. As described in my GA-P35-DS4 thread, shutdown works only ocassionaly, so cannot be listed as "OK". Same behavior in both F7 and F10.

BTW Old BIOS is still available:

http://Europe.giga-byte.com/FileList/BIOS/...-p35-ds4_f6.exe

http://Europe.giga-byte.com/FileList/BIOS/...-p35-ds4_f7.exe

http://Europe.giga-byte.com/FileList/BIOS/...-p35-ds4_f8.exe

It's not question of BIOS. As described in my GA-P35-DS4 thread, shutdown works only ocassionaly, so cannot be listed as "OK". Same behavior in both F7 and F10.

BTW Old BIOS is still available:

http://Europe.giga-byte.com/FileList/BIOS/...-p35-ds4_f6.exe

http://Europe.giga-byte.com/FileList/BIOS/...-p35-ds4_f7.exe

http://Europe.giga-byte.com/FileList/BIOS/...-p35-ds4_f8.exe

The reason I asked in your thread you wrote after GFX String Shut Down works :D

Before you I used GFX string so didn't observe same behavior ;) So wondering , in between you also changed you sign to shut down works.So was just wondering

thanks for clearing !

If you want to be perfect info in your Signature :P Also In built LAN in not functionally Perfect in browsing Network.

Check out my latest Sign !

karaakeha1, you are the Man...

EFIv8-GPT-Retail LEOPARD install-GFX String !!! only AppleEFIRuntime deleted ( I don't know even that is necessary ) and added dsmos.kext. This is as close as you get to a real MAC I suppose.... :) That I like !!!!

I followed your instructions and I have got my sparkle 7600gs working with out having to install NVinject or Natit or Titan.

Onboard ethernet is working wierd it gets an ip from auto DHCP but the network tool shows it inactive I think I have to replace IONetworkingFamiy from Tiger (IONetworkingFamiy v1.5.1) to fix that problem. Sound is also not working but I Know AzaliaAudio package fixes it HD Audio but only 2 outs but no ins. normally my onboard sound Alc882m should have 8 outs and two ins... I have to experiment on it with AppleHDA patcher to get it fully working... :P

Everything seems to be working accept the UIID error 35 the same stuff that causes time machine not to work properly, but I'm confident that the ethernet fix will also fix this problem.... I think I don't have to mention reboot and shutdown problems!!

So once again THNX

:D

Hi karaakeha1

I use to stay update on reading yours post, but I must be fool , for saying that I haven't understood if your rev2.0 permit a regular shutdown or not ? :D

[Edit]p.s to be perfect I would resize the beatiful karakeha1 sig (the pics are too big for the forum layout) ;-)

Hi karaakeha1

I use to stay update on reading yours post, but I must be fool , for saying that I haven't understood if your rev2.0 permit a regular shutdown or not ? :D

[Edit]p.s to be perfect I would resize the beatiful karakeha1 sig (the pics are too big for the forum layout) ;-)

Of course Shut down Not working , :)

But any way updated my sign with it and UR Right I just made by Sign smaller

Now your Sign and mine take almost same space. I think Signature is very Important information in the form. So it should be clear and informative

:(

But any way updated my sign with it and UR Right I just made by Sign smaller

Now your Sign and mine take almost same space. I think Signature is very Important information in the form. So it should be clear and informative

:unsure:

almost..not same ah,ah lol

post-72445-1200038368_thumb.jpg

P.S. By the way , next week will be shipped my DS4 :-)