 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

Thanks for your answer, will try when i have time...

Did you discover those "SUID-File" warnings on your installation, too?

BTW, with the way i installed, i do not only have the power-off problem, restart also doesnt work. Sleep works well so far. Maybe something with some of the kexts i added.

I installed from within a brazilmac installation (which had well working restarts) worked VERY well. You topic is GREAT, i feel better with a nearly native install. Thanks for that !

I did the following:

Booted from another LEO disk in the machine, installed EFI on this disk after Partitioning with one partition as GUID. EFI install ran smooth.

Then:

- Insert Leo Retail DVD

- cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages

- open osinstall.mpkg

- Ignore the error message

- Install Leopard, takes about 20 Minutes from DVD

- When ready, go to the extensions folder in system folder

- delete AppleEFIRuntime.kext

- Add AppleHDA.kext, dsmos.kext, AppleAHCIPort.kext, AppleSMBIOS.kext, ALCinject.kext, IOAHCIFamily.kext, IOATAFamily.kext

- set permissions:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext

- copy com.apple.Boot.plist for your videocard (here a 7300gt 256 or 7600gs 256) to library/preferences/SystemConfiguration

- Repair permission with Disk Utility

- Try to boot!

- Booted fine here!

- Repaired permissions

- All repaired fine

- Updated to 10.5.1 and all the other Updates available, including Security Update

- Repair permissions gave me some errors/warnings ???

Problems: - Warnings with Diskutil/Repair

- No Restart

- No PowerOff (Fan Spinns)

I will try the "big" 110 MB Updater from Apple, instead of the "small" Updater Software-Update gave me.

I did the following:

Booted from another LEO disk in the machine, installed EFI on this disk after Partitioning with one partition as GUID. EFI install ran smooth.

Then:

- Insert Leo Retail DVD

- cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages

- open osinstall.mpkg

- Ignore the error message

- Install Leopard, takes about 20 Minutes from DVD

- When ready, go to the extensions folder in system folder

- delete AppleEFIRuntime.kext

- Add AppleHDA.kext, dsmos.kext, AppleAHCIPort.kext, AppleSMBIOS.kext, ALCinject.kext, IOAHCIFamily.kext, IOATAFamily.kext

- set permissions:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/leuneu/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext

- copy com.apple.Boot.plist for your videocard (here a 7300gt 256 or 7600gs 256) to library/preferences/SystemConfiguration

- Repair permission with Disk Utility

- Try to boot!

- Booted fine here!

- Repaired permissions

- All repaired fine

- Updated to 10.5.1 and all the other Updates available, including Security Update

- Repair permissions gave me some errors/warnings ???

Problems: - Warnings with Diskutil/Repair

- No Restart

- No PowerOff (Fan Spinns)

I will try the "big" 110 MB Updater from Apple, instead of the "small" Updater Software-Update gave me.

NO Poweroff is know issue with Vanilla , so dont worry

Diskutility does give some error

as long as you leopard running fine Should be ok

I tried the 100 MB Update from Apple, and that fixed a bit.

So theres only Warning: The SUID-File „System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent“ has been changed and was not repaired

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Flags“ is missing.T

he "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Flowers“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Fruit“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Fung Shui“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Funk Animals“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Gems“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Hollowbody Guitars“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Planets“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Tribal Masks“ is missing.left.

I will check whats different between the BrazilMac Installed additional kexts and the ones i installed now, maye then ill get restart back.Then i will try to fix the iChat Icon warnings. THis may be fixable.

And then i will see whats up with the SUID-File of the Remote Desktop ARDAgent.app. BTW, what the heck is a SUID File????

But hey, your advice for using a Retail DVD is (i know i said that before...) GREAT! i just feels a bit ... legal :-)

EDIT: o.k., so i googled for the SUID thing. Found something on Apple Support."SolutionYou can safely ignore these messages. They are accurate but not a cause for concern."http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306925

So this is solved with out the need to solve it.

So theres only Warning: The SUID-File „System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent“ has been changed and was not repaired

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Flags“ is missing.T

he "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Flowers“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Fruit“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Fung Shui“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Funk Animals“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Gems“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Hollowbody Guitars“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Planets“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Tribal Masks“ is missing.left.

I

EDIT: o.k., so i googled for the SUID thing. Found something on Apple Support."SolutionYou can safely ignore these messages. They are accurate but not a cause for concern."http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306925

So this is solved with out the need to solve it.

Exactly thats What I mean ,Glad you found peace of mind.

And after moving the Folder iCHAT Icons to desktop all error with it disappeared

I get the same errors ;) before and less after

Look my Pic

Here is link of better explanation

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6036925

post-76244-1199397013_thumb.jpg

post-76244-1199397559_thumb.jpg

thanks a lot. much appreciated :P

have a great day. I will give it a try :)

I just want to say that I got the "driver" working.

it is just normal and smooth, no laggy stuff.

But still my display is set to 1042x768 !!! :tomato:

btw, thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated :D

karaakeha1 and ls8 you guys rock!!! :D

With this tread and your linked files I've finally got X38 DQ6 working 10.5.1 vanilla

still got the pesky shutdown, reboot problem but from what i can tell it's a quad core issue

Thanks for tacking the time to post the info

The only issue I have is with my Plextor PX-755SA drive which appears once the system boots and it is shown as burning device for a certain period of time but later it just disappears and the system profile shows the following message: "No burning device was found. If you are using an external device please make sure that it is connected and powered properly."

Any ideas what I could do about it? It's connected to an orange port on my GA-965P-DS4 motherboard.

Thanks for your responses. :D

Get a different DVD drive. I had that drive and that problem. I replaced with a Samsung SH-S203B. Problem went away.

Another drive that has this problem is Pioneer (can't remember model # tho). Search the forums, you will find that other people have had this problem, the fix is a new DVD drive.

I may be a little blur here but I could have sworn this thread contained the guide itself? step by step and not just the 'updates' as per the edited Opening Post???????

I read it a couple of days ago and planning to have a go this afternoon but there's no guide on the 1st post?????

I read things like, 'i used i_am_me's method, EFI pack link, etc etc' where are they?????

edit: nvm,,, my eyes were confused with all the colours hehehe...found the stuffs i need :)

Get a different DVD drive. I had that drive and that problem. I replaced with a Samsung SH-S203B. Problem went away.

Another drive that has this problem is Pioneer (can't remember model # tho). Search the forums, you will find that other people have had this problem, the fix is a new DVD drive.

Thanks, the problem goes away when booting with AHCI off.

I am not happy with this drive though and yes I will replace the damn thing.

Problem is, if on e gives a detailed explanation, it rains questions like " my board is this and that, and what you wrote didnt work", "i have this videocard, will it work" and so on. Im not very professional with all this osx86 things, but i am thankful for everything i read. im learning parts what to do here and there and the i just TRY. Why asking "will this work on my special hardware?" Why not just figure it out?

I know this special thread is a bit colourful and ... confused. But is was one of the most helpful threads for me. I now can install Leo AND Leo Server on my special hardware without a hassle. It works fast and easy. I went out, bought Leopard and felt a bit more legal then just waiting for people like Kalyway doing some installers. Thats great and i am very thankful for that!

In first step you change to the Packages directory on Leo DVD, but what means "Mac=hard drive"? You enter this in the same command? Or is this a separate command?

I am correcting here my self

Mac=Hard is wrong , First command just directs to mac os X install DVD = Name of mounted Drive i.e; It would be different for Leopard server

When Package opens than we select which drive to install

When I was installing LEOPARD SERVE than I figured out this mistake

Hey folks....Followed instructionsline for line...upon reboot i got "/com.apple.Boot.plist not found".... i am using the reatil ver of leo ...did a repair still the same ....i installed it on a sata.. any suggestion?????

Hey folks....Followed instructionsline for line...upon reboot i got "/com.apple.Boot.plist not found".... i am using the reatil ver of leo ...did a repair still the same ....i installed it on a sata.. any suggestion?????

Looks like EFI installed is fine

may be your Drive partition need to set Active

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I've installed Leopard 10.5 using the Uphuck/iATKOS release. Right now I'm at the part where you set up the keyboard and stuff, and when I get to the prompt about importing data from another Mac, I choose not to and it hangs. It eventually restarts the whole thing. How did you get around that?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I've installed Leopard 10.5 using the Uphuck/iATKOS release. Right now I'm at the part where you set up the keyboard and stuff, and when I get to the prompt about importing data from another Mac, I choose not to and it hangs. It eventually restarts the whole thing. How did you get around that?

Here whole discussion is about retail install. I Tried once iATKOS but did not face the problem you mentioned ,I used USB keyboard mouse anyway.

Try Appleps2controller.kext

That worked like a charm. Now I have another question:

On my laptop after I go through all of my steps I get Leopard to load/run but for some reason during the boot process the line in the beginning that says "Darwin Bootloader version...." starts about 5-6 lines down from the top of the screen (ussually starts at the top of the screen) Any reason it does that? I only ask because I wonder if there is an issue with my EFI and if so could that contribute to this problem:

I can not get the battery indicator to work (works on iAtkos) and I have tried installing the AppleACPIPlatform.kext that comes with iAtkos. Any ideas?

Geeze