Intel GMA X3100

qzl722

289 posts in this topic

Ok,

Started up again. Installed Kaly10.5.1, Kaly10.5.2, graphics update, your kext. Still the scrambelled image problem as displayed in post 24

What can be the problem?

I allso still have the problem that my memory is displayed @ 55874Mhz, 2GB. But when I check the system profiler it says there is only 1Gb installed in bank1 (i have one module). I tried an other display but still the same problem.

The only thing different from all the other X3100 problems mentioned here is that I have a desktop board with X3100 on it (It is a Aopen GM965t-La, T7500, GMA x3100, 2Gb corsair 667). Everything works fine on my Windows hdd, so I know for shure that my hardware insn't broken.

I am in the same situation with KahNv2, after install the 5 kexts then restart, i saw the screen like the first one in the post of KahNv2.

Please give me a help, I don't know what to do now :P:P

Thank you so so so much.

pp-blank-thumb.pngrating_0_mini.gifgender_mystery.pngView Member Profile friend_add_small.pngAdd as Friend send_pm_small.pngSend Message find_posts.pngFind Member's Topics find_posts.pngFind Member's Posts ipsmenu.register( "post-member-688309", '', 'popmenubutton-new', 'popmenubutton-new-out' )

Hi, i have a toshiba U300 with x3100, with kalyway efi + vanilla the system is ok with an external monitor, to enable the internal i have jumper the external connector and fix the resolution with swithres. Q/E enable, webcam is not ok.

i have installed iAtkos,also select the x3100 driver,when reboot it's useless

i doubt maybe gmax3100 driver isn't suitable for gme 965 graphic card

any one have successfull driver gmax3100 with driver cardid 2a12?

help us .....

thankyou

Do you have a copy of iAtkos? That has the x3100 kext on it. You can boot off it, and select just the driver to install it, or use Pacifist

Hi all,

I have recently been able to get my laptop working perfectly. But now I've run in to some problems.

My laptop has an Intel X3100 that is working perfectly, almost...

I wanted to try to play a movie on my tv using the VGA output. When I first connected I got a perfect extended screen. Then I wanted to try to make it mirrored with the main screen. That didn't work... The screen turns black with only the mouse visible, but when I click anywhere the screen starts to look strange. It's hard to explain but it's like the display is striped, and you can't make out anything.

The problem is that, since I can't see anything on either of the screens, I couldn't change the setting back to the default one. I eventually managed to, by clicking furiously on the screen, rotate the display. Doing this made everything work perfectly again, aside from the fact that it was rotated... I could even run in mirrored mode when rotated.

When I removed mirrored mode and the rotation I thought everything would be back to normal, with the extended desktop. But alas this was not the case... Now I always have the screen problems I described earlier unless I rotate the display.

Does anyone have a solution to my problem? I thought that since it worked the first time, I might be able to revert to the default settings somehow, bit I don't know how.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

O.k Folks for people whom need the Driver it is now here.

At Some stage i will make a Driver Topic for all Intel based Laptops on the GM965 chipset.

I'm sorry but is rapidshare. Only uploadsite i have access to on my mobile net connection.

http://rapidshare.com/files/107134337/AppleX3100.zip.html

Or here if you hate rapidshare

http://xodeus.dk/files/AppleX3100_QE_CI.zip

Instructions to install.

1) Extract File To Desktop.

2) Delete the Files with the same name in you extensions folder as in the X3100 folder.

3) Copy over all the files to the extension folder minus the kexts.

4) Use Kexthelp 7b to install the Kexts.

5) Delete intergratedframebuffer.kext from the extensions folder.

6) Open Disk Utils and repair permissions.

7) Reboot Computer and boot with -F command.

It should now work Please let me know if it works on yours i need your specs to see if i can mod the drivers for you computer.

Enjoy.

P.S for those whom have the ID of 0x2a12 try the appleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext.rar file as i have changed ID's so let me know and if it works i'll make a universal file.

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext.rar

hey, this didn't work for me on my dell 1520. I have gmax3100 and it just goes blue really quick then only works with an external monitor (at full res, though). I cant get the internal monitor to work with graphics accel

Hi, I also installed Leo on my VAIO VGN-CR21, and it runs ok. The graphics are only VESA cause i had to delete the X3100.kext files as well as the Natit.kext.

NOw the VAIo is running 10.5.1 with ves resolution and no WIFI connection, as the card is a Intel3945 (iwi3945 drivers??). Hope you can tell me how you got it all to run.

KR,

Drummer

hey, this didn't work for me on my dell 1520. I have gmax3100 and it just goes blue really quick then only works with an external monitor (at full res, though). I cant get the internal monitor to work with graphics accel

delete intergratedframebuffer.kext it works on mine after i used files posted by me and deleted ingratedframebuffer.kext

Hi,

What did you modified on the kext? I have a fully working x3100 (QE/CI) the only problem is with the LCD, it goes blue and then black. I have to use the sleep trick to wake it up.

Will this kexts fix that?

Thanks in advance,

TheMarine.

I recently installed and ran Kalyway 10.5.2 and I did not install any video drivers, and that apparently works fine on my toshiba A205-S5825 laptop with a X3100 video chip. I get full resolutions, QE/CI enabled, and everything is fine, but after maybe a long shut down period, I will get corruption on booting up OS X. A blue screen with a long wide vertical black line down the screen. It takes a few reboots to fix this issue.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this issue? I've ran the x3100.kext files i've seen around here. I'm using Kext Helper to install them. When I do this my screen works fine, but resolution is stuck at 1024x768 with no QE/CI enabled.

Not sure if i'm missing steps on installing these kexts or something, I'm pretty new to this issue and I don't seem to be able to find a guide on how to install and update the x3100 kexts beyond just running the kext in Kext helper.

Thanks if anyone can help me out on this.

HI there. There must be tons of topics about this, but I really can't find THE ONE, which tells me how to deal with enabling of Quartz Extreme and Core Image on Intel GMA X3100...

I've installed Kalyway 10.5.2, and selected the x3100 package at install, but there's no QE/CI...

Is there any "safe" way to isntall any other kext and get it working?

Thanks.

The files are from my laptop that has QE/CI working. nothing has been modified. If you have problems boot with -x to boot to safe mode remove just the x3100 files if things go {censored} up.

The one with the problem of blue to black try using a OSX install disc to re run the repair permissions see if that helps or do the above. I don't have the problem all i did was use the files i've uploaded and it works.

You only have to do -f once its to force the reloading of the kext cache.

I'm going to try this now... Hold on. Will be back with feedback. ;)

UPDATE

It is working. Followed the tutorial step-by-step and itis working.A little screenie for your eyes:

post-62094-1208288827_thumb.jpg

I've uploaded the package to my server so you can get rid of sharing it through rapidshare...

When you make a new release then PM me and I'll upload the new one...

Here it is: http://xodeus.dk/files/AppleX3100_QE_CI.zip

I'm going to try this now... Hold on. Will be back with feedback. :(

UPDATE

It is working. Followed the tutorial step-by-step and itis working.A little screenie for your eyes:

post-62094-1208288827_thumb.jpg

I've uploaded the package to my server so you can get rid of sharing it through rapidshare...

When you make a new release then PM me and I'll upload the new one...

Here it is: http://xodeus.dk/files/AppleX3100_QE_CI.zip

Thanks bud. so its now working lovely. Thanks for feedback. I'll try my best to help everyone out. please remember that if it goes white just use the -f command to refesh the kext cache i've just have the problem of the white screen and it then fix it with using the -f again.

All i have to do is up the ram if i can figure how to do that and make it 256mb instead of 144mb it may run better!

Not bad for a mac noob!

Thanks for the help Hacktrix. While it did work, I still get this odd issue on my Toshiba A205-S5827, where at times on powering up my laptop I get a blue screen with a large black stripe running down the side of my screen. I can't do anything but power off the laptop and retry repairing the permissions.

Any idea what I can do to get you some info on my issue? I'm pretty new at this, but I'll do what I can to help out or resolve the issue and post up anything I find that might work.

UPDATE: I did a repair permission from the Kalyway DVD, and so far it seems like my issue cleared up so far. i'm going to still test it out and see what happens.

UPDATE2: Spoke too soon, got the infamous screen again. I've added a pic of the screen I'm getting

here's my video card info that I got from System Profiler, if it helps:

Venndor ID: Intel 0x8086

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x000c

post-174855-1208313960_thumb.jpg

I have this problem too. Anyone please help me.
I have the white version to that all i do is use the -f command. the kext cache must be coupting itself. boot this to boot with the -f to see if that helps i've done it.No problems. It mite be as LCD display driver issuse or a bug in the x3100 kexts i don't know. But i'll looking in to it once i have time!
I have the white version to that all i do is use the -f command. the kext cache must be coupting itself. boot this to boot with the -f to see if that helps i've done it.No problems. It mite be as LCD display driver issuse or a bug in the x3100 kexts i don't know. But i'll looking in to it once i have time!
Everyone looking the x3100 kexts see if there is a ID section in there. I shell look at my copy later. If people post the ID's weather the driver works or not with the model of the laptop then i'll look to see if its a bug i'll need at least 10 ID's before i can do this.

I have a HP DV6716ez with GMA x3100 (0x2a02, 0x000c), Although the installed kexts caused al kinds of havoc, I deleted them after installation and installed "Switchres", set a custom resolution of 1280x800x32@60, as this is the cause of the blank, white, blue and no display screens!

Then re-did the graphics update and it is currently running at 1280x800x32 on my machine!

It took a few reboots where it only showed the "Switchres" setting, it then automatically went back to the complete MacOS setting panel!

(pic included). i however keep "Switchres" running, I also have dual display and/or mirror! I can also enable OpenGL if wanted!