• Please log in to reply
1236 replies to this topic

Maulwurfi

Maulwurfi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Okay, getting closer. I managed to make a clone of my working USB disk OS partition to the internal SATA partition.

I found out that I can boot in safemode (-x) with the SATA partition.
I managed to use the info that delish linked to include Podarok's AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext into the Extensions.mkext on the SATA partition.
AND the next time I boot it goes perfectly even into normal nonsafe mode!

The problem is, the next time after that it's again not working - waiting for root device at one point.
There must be some little thing I am overlooking, because it works ONE time after the fix. I am a total Mac newbie so excuse my stupidity.

Oh, and when I look at the -v info while booting it says at one point something like
"skipping duplicate AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext extension with older/same". Does that give a clue?

Xbench gave much nicer disk scores on SATA than on USB so I'd really like to get it to work.

I didn't try patching the install DVD yet, I just kind of used that info to patch the installed OS...

delish

delish

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
you were not supposed to install both the files Allsop posted :P
AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext is only supposed to be inside here
/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

Maulwurfi

Maulwurfi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Hmm, I only installed AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
but I think I installed it inside /System/Library/Extensions

How do I install it inside /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

I can't see that folder directly, on the desktop, right?

EDIT: Gonna try tonight again, and try out your kexthelper as well!

Maulwurfi

Maulwurfi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
OKAY!

I used Kext Helper and edited the script so that it didn't install the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext inside /System/Library/Extensions but deeper into /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

Now I get no more "skipping duplicate" thing at startup and it worked for 2 consecutive boots! I think it's working now. THANK YOU Podarok and Delish. This is getting really nice. I also bought an USB wlan card for 20 euros that has Mac drivers so network is working as well.

NICE

elbasofolous

elbasofolous

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
ok, i know this is ridiculous, but the prepatched kexts Allsop provided on page one of this topic simply wont work for me. AppleHDA seems to be just fine, but ALCinject fails to load at startup. Ive done the usual deletion of Extensions.mkext and kextcache and permissions repair, and ive even tried doing the install from scratch as suggested in post 1. ive noticed that in info.plist under iopcimatch the first value has the vendor id but no device id(0x0008086) but replacing it with the right dev id (0x293e8086) doesnt work either. could someone explain how they did this? like, literally what the IOPCIMatch section has in it to make sound work - this is really frustrating because it seems like nobodys had this problem but me but my board is a p5kvm like everyone elses. could this be a bios setting that needs to be changed or has anyone actaully had these files work without any changes? any help in this regard is most appreciated, im only this far from a legit hackintosh :-)

Maulwurfi

Maulwurfi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Just to avoid confusion,
I have a plain P5K with the newest BIOS (not AHCI),
JMicron SATA controller disabled in BIOS
SATA HD connected to the first SATA connector, SATA DVD in the second
And I only installed AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext with the method I described in my previous post
Oh, and and I don't have Leopard yet, but 10.4.10
This works now very nicely.

Allsop

Allsop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 86 posts
Elbasofolous:

If you have the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext in extensions you need to delete that file...The kext works, used it in 3 other P5K-VM setups :)

Those of you having problem with my Leo IOATAFamily.kext probably don't have the same dev id's as I do... anyway I've ripped the same kext from ToH's RC2 Leo DVD and I think it supports more ICH9 boards...Attached File  IOATAFamily.kext.zip   324.33KB   159 downloads

podarok

podarok

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:все

You can read how to modify dvd kexts here my A8R32-MVP Deluxeabout the P5K-VM ports, I found some more infoSATA 1 root port 2940 (this is port 2)SATA 5 root port 2948 (this is port 3)SATA 6 root port 294a (this is port 4)

OK thanx!I`ll add that ID`s into next version kextto allI think that our problem is in

PCS port map = 92019301 92029302 92049304 92089308

in AppleIntelPIIXATA.kextI think that it is the 4 port config but our MB`s has 6 or even 8 SATA ports so....If I kill it - no one port couldn't be detected even on right(working) portIn IORegistry Explorer (attachement) I showign U view without PCS port map

Attached File  IORegistryExplorer_ICH9_PCS_port_map.png   90.94KB   166 downloads

I can't found any documentation in Xcode development repository (and apple.com quiet too 8))) )May be someone can help me to find possible "PCS port map" values

elbasofolous

elbasofolous

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Elbasofolous:

If you have the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext in extensions you need to delete that file...The kext works, used it in 3 other P5K-VM setups :)

I just cant imagine what im doing wrong here - when i install 10.4.10 i dont install any of the audio files so the azalia audio kext isnt even there. I thought this was strange when i ran the install/patcher myself because the installer said to delete what i didnt have. Have you done this with 10.4.10? Im sorry to be so picky but id really like to be able to do sound recording with this box.
should i be installing the nonworking alc883 drivers in the installer or is there anything else your doing between install and copying over the kexts?
Ill totally try reinstalling if its worthwhile but ive tried several times now to install the os and immediately apply the kexts and nothing has worked - it just says at login that ALCInject didnt load properly and to reinstall(and it said the same thing when i did the patcher with the codec dump)

delish

delish

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

- it just says at login that ALCInject didnt load properly and to reinstall(and it said the same thing when i did the patcher with the codec dump)

Then you have wrong permissions on that kext, how did you install it?
if you manually install, then you need to fix permissions in terminal.
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/<<name of kext here>>
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/<<name of kexxt here>>
touch /System/Library/Extensions

if you use Kext Helper for installing chmod, chown & touch get done for you.

elbasofolous

elbasofolous

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Thankyou so much! i figured deleting Extensions.mkext and kextcache and repairing disk permissions would do the trick(seems to with all other kexts ive had to patch) so this is valuable information if a kext seems not to be working, thanks again

SkyZ

SkyZ

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
hi there, have anyone try ToH Leo on this board? I'm successfully upgrade my 10.4.10 to Leo using ToH, but the problem is that, everytime I reboot the machine, need to put -legacy parameter (which means 32 bit......) or the machine won't able to boot into the system.......

delish

delish

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
try updating your leopard kernel, a good place to look is netkas blog (google netkas)
the kernel on ToH gives me kernel panic on boot on some of my boards.

SkyZ

SkyZ

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Thks Delish~~~
Yup, I just update the kernel using Netkas latest one, and bang! Everything works except System Profiler....

SkyZ

SkyZ

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
alright guys, I was stupid, to solve System Profiler problem, doesn't need any patch, just simply go into BIOS, and turn off MaxCPUID limit, that is it, everything works~~~ :-D
BTW, a little sharing, I bought a brand new Pioneer DVR 112 burner, on IDE (PATA), not even one single burning is successful (6 DVD-R were wasted and same applied to my good old Liteon IDE burner)...... Guess it's related to Jmicron.kext........

crucky

crucky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Hi Guys i need help i have got it managed to install ToH RC2 on my P5K-VM but in the Migration Setup in the first Boot it restarts the video everytime i click ok ;) can any one help me ? sorry for my bad english

greets

JohnnyBGoode

JohnnyBGoode

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Your english is ok pal. I found this for you

crucky

crucky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
JohnnyBGoode that was it its working now thank you so much ! And to all others with the Video Loop ENABLE your FIREWIRE AGAIN !

crucky

crucky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
hmm i cant install the audio and network can someone make a quick tutorial ? i used kexthelper but network isnt working :(

EDIT:
GOT IT TO WORK THANX ANYWAY !!!

SkyZ

SkyZ

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
It's getting more and more interesting after I upgraded to ToH Leo 10.5. My Secondary HDD (data only, no system in it) becomes disk0 now, and without it, the system won't boot........ Hope some geniuses out there can fix the ICH9 thing (ie. SATA port 3 & 4 so I can put another HDD to the system and clone) soon enough or I might need to spend a weekend to wipe off/rebuild everything.......... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy