whats your favorite anime/manga

45 posts in this topic

Ayanami,

Big names, eh? Well here's a big name scenario for you. Robin Williams is "supposedly" a HUGE Neon fan and has been a force in pushing the live action movie so....

Could you see him as Gendo? In a wierd, twisted way I kind of can what with some his dark(er) roles (Think One Hour Photo, which has a neon genesis model on the counter in a couple of sences). That little blip has been rolling around in my head for a while and I needed to vent to someone that is a fan.

Cheers.

Ayanami,

Big names, eh? Well here's a big name scenario for you. Robin Williams is "supposedly" a HUGE Neon fan and has been a force in pushing the live action movie so....

Could you see him as Gendo? In a wierd, twisted way I kind of can what with some his dark(er) roles (Think One Hour Photo, which has a neon genesis model on the counter in a couple of sences). That little blip has been rolling around in my head for a while and I needed to vent to someone that is a fan.

Cheers.

Hmmm...

I haven't seen One Hour Photo...But I just couldn't picture him as Gendo. He's not nearly as heartless. Fuyutsuki, on the other hand, could be a likely candidate.

• 4 weeks later...

A few anime series/movies I really liked:

Serial Experiments Lain

Patlabor

RahXephon

Evangelion

Hellsing

Cowboy Bebop

FLCL

Gundam Seed (although I have to say, I never liked anything else with Gundam in the title)

I don't like much of the stuff that's popular these days, like Bleach and Naruto, they kind of seem like sacrilege to the whole anime concept to me :)

I've read lots of Manga over the years too, but I can't remember what any of it was called except Love Hina :)

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 4 years later...