Mac OS X Illuminous!

U.C.

50 posts in this topic

This is a concept UI created by "violinist", over at MacThemes2. It looks a bit like Aero but far far better. I hope he is the secret design engineer working on the Leopard theme secretly. :thumbsup_anim:

The original thread is here

post-14713-1178991469_thumb.png

post-14713-1178991492_thumb.png

post-14713-1178991997_thumb.png

post-14713-1178992176_thumb.png

By god I hope that is the new theme, it looks like it will kick ass :P.

Is there anyway to load it into a regular Tiger system, or is it a private theme system?

Im praying I see this theme again at WWDC with Jobs presenting it :thumbsup_anim:.

Edit: oops, I didnt see it was just a concept, but still really nice as is.

I'm not a big fan of the dark blue transparent look.. Also, am i the only one to notice that osx startup slows down after changing a theme?

I love the look of that theme... although it seems that dark-coloured themes tend to make users depressed.

I think a dark coloured theme works better because it's easier on the eyes than a light one. Sometimes it can be painful using my Macbook because it's all so bright, and that's with brightness at the lowest level.

Love the look of the theme though. It looks quite pretty and less bland than the standard grey look.

Some features of it look good, but then there are other parts which look extremely bad. For example, the glowing around the buttons looks horrible. I don't think I'd be able to stand that. It's too futuristic and not as smooth looking as Aqua is.

Guys this is just a concept created by some guy. It may not be the look of Leopard at all.

Though I still hope we get an awesome color combo like in the concept. The buttons just look toooo Vista. Love the flip and other effects though. Plus I love transparency.

1. This does not look like a design that Apple would try to do, or fall under their design standards

2. I dont like it, it looks to close to Vista's color shades, and its not innovative.

Honestly though, I'm not liking this theme too much. :o . I think Aqua still looks better. We'll see what Apple comes out with though.

AS nice as this looks now, it'll get old after a while. Too much activity and movement tends to get annoying (*cough* vista *cough*).

Vista doesn't have very much in the way of window effects and movement. It would have to be more like: (*cough* Beryl *cough*).

I think a dark coloured theme works better because it's easier on the eyes than a light one. Sometimes it can be painful using my Macbook because it's all so bright, and that's with brightness at the lowest level.

Love the look of the theme though. It looks quite pretty and less bland than the standard grey look.

You can't change the screen gamma on a real mac? Just raise it a little if you can.

You can't change the screen gamma on a real mac? Just raise it a little if you can.

Go into System Preference > Displays > Color. From there choose a profile in the list to the left and click calibrate. You'll be able to set the screen setting to what is most comfortable to you.