Your Next Computer

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Poll: Your next computer (230 member(s) have cast votes)

Which you will buy?

1. Mac (181 votes [78.70%])

Percentage of vote: 78.70%

2. PC (49 votes [21.30%])

Percentage of vote: 21.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

R2k.

R2k.

One minute to midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Music production and sound design
i hope mac, but they are too expesive in my country

MacTalk

MacTalk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I have a MB at the moment, but this Saturday I'm buying a 2.33Ghz MBP with 3GB ram :shock:

Hagar

Hagar

Project Dogsbody

• Administrators
  • 2,352 posts
This is becoming a hugely relevant question for me at the moment. Money is tight, and after a record amount of hardware failiure this year, I'm reaching a situation where my main hackintosh is simply worn out. I'm still terribly disappointed that Apple haven't come up with a midrange desktop that might fit the bill, a mac pro is out of the question due to cost, and I don't want an iMac or mini because I dislike the cramped all-in-one design. It looks like it'll have to be a macbook, depending on what happens first: terminal failiure of my current hardware, major increases in income, the release of leopard etc..

Tough choices, but having something that is solidly reliable both in hardware & software is now no longer optional. I'd buy a mac pro if I could afford one.. maybe there will be some second-hand before long, but I won't hold my breath.

RobNyc

RobNyc

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:Living Life, Going Out Places, Dancing, Music, Girls, Computers/Technology/Electronics, Philosop...
I just built my budget system .. PC since my old p4 3.0ghz died and I didnt have enough $$ to buy a Mac . but im saving now and waiting for the new macbookpro

ninjastance

ninjastance

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Computers and cars.
i had a hackintosh, i just got a 17" imac. i love it.

riktor

riktor

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I just bought a refurbished MacBook for $800 and its being shipped right now. My next desktop will be a quad core of octa core mac pro but that will be sometime from now probably when they are going out of style =)... It sucks to be a poor artist.

Zealot

Zealot

Zealot FTWeed!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Gamez pc, manga,craks n over cloks
I will go PC , i cant think of a system withouth the latest games and given that the DX10 its near i just cant pick the mac, on the other hand i want a media center like the mini or apple tv but... thats not a computer.

ZۊLot

BlueAvenue

BlueAvenue

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Computers,Cats
I build my own PC towers, have built six so far, all AMD powered. But now my wife wants a laptop so
i'll probably buy the Gateway MX7525 which should have no problems with Mac OS X 10.4.4 ***
being installed on it. So it will dual boot with PCLinuxOS 2007 just like my main rig does.
Yea, life is good.

Ictinike

Ictinike

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Digital Art, Macs.
Black macbook or MBP, once Loepard is out.

Henri921

Henri921

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Most likely buying a macbook pro if i get the money before my patience ends.
EDIT: After the Leopard release ofcourse

Dainix

Dainix

Level 12 Warmage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:15% APR for three years. After that, it's 20%.
Probably a PC. My CX210X is working wonderfully, but eventually I'll shell out the cash for a quad-core.

That is, unless they sell a mobile quad core, then I'd replace the Core 2 Duo with it. Highly doubt four cores could do anything on a 667Mhz bus though.

Synaesthesia

Synaesthesia

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts
I'm looking to buy an Acer 3680, with celeron M and use it as a hackintosh, for about $500. This should tide me over while I save up for a real Mac, something like a early 2008 model Macbook, which should have LED backlighting, run Leopard, and have a 45nm Intel Chip in, HELL YEAH!

iRed

iRed

Cinematographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
I will buy iMAC 24" by Chrismas.

grzybu

grzybu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
probably an old G4 PowerBook 12" as a second notebook, because my 15,4" MBP is too big for daily using it outside my house (taking to the uni and work). Also looking forward to get some money to buy 20" LCD

Headrush69

Headrush69

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts
Anxiously waiting to buy a Mac.

I'm hesitant due to the limited graphic cards in iMacs and the expected upgrades coming.

Be nice if there was a model with the features of the iMac without the monitor.
I already have a top notch 20" widescreen LCD but the Mac Mini is too underpowered and the Mac Pro is more than I need and too much $$$

rmriggin

rmriggin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
I don't think I will be in the market for a new PC for a while but the one I got right now is pretty close to a dream machine
Intel Core 2 Duo e6600 OCd to 3ghz stable with stock cooling
Asus p5n-e sli motherboard lapped heatsinks on NB and SB
2x1gb ddr2 800 with heatspreaders
nVidia GeForce 8800GTX
250gb 7200rpm 16mb cache main hdd
200gb 7200rpm 8mb cache backup hdd
sata lightscribe dvd+/-rw burner
120mm fan in from
120mm fan in rear
80mm fan in side panel
80mm fan over NB

What would make my system a dream machine is if I had a raid array with 10k rpm drives, core 2 extreme qx6700, 680i motherboard running 8800GTXs in SLI, dangerden watercooling for the vid cards, NB, SB, and CPU. And of course I would need a 30" dell lcd to enjoy it all. I can dream right?

SteveStar

SteveStar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I realy want an iMac, because they look nice and osx is perfect (almost). But the grapics card in an imac is crappy and I want to play games.

My guess is that Apple will come with a new apple desktop (I hope an iMac) which has an improved graphics card. Because I read somewhere that Apple hired (some) men to make osx ready for gaming, and that's all very good but with a crappy video card it doesn't make much sense.

So I realy hope there will be a new iMac soon and then, if I have enough money:P, I'll buy it.

Purple Puppy

Purple Puppy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
I'll buy a Macbook Pro in September 2008 if it is as fast as (or faster than) my current desktop. Otherwise, I'll wait a bit longer until it is.

Rmix

Rmix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I will probably buy and MBP for College circa Summer 2008.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy