Your Next Computer

Your next computer  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Which you will buy?

• Mac
    • PC

99 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I voted mac but I'm not retarded so it will have to be a decent speced machine, if there are non when I decide to get a machine it might be a PC althought I don't know what I should use it for, so it's probably more likely I don't buy a machine at all until there is a decent mac.

Cheaper upgrades/webserver/.. are not included in my votes, those won't be macs of course, but next desktop machine.

maybe mac pro

maybe ideal hackintosh components (like xbx2 + conroe at the moment)

i doesn't feel any difference compare my hackintosh to real macs.

also i have a good look case and very silent system at all, even maybe more silent than mac pro ... so i think what my next buy will new intel paltform, which will be ideal for hackitosh.

PC, you guys are here if i god forbid ever decide to wipe my harddrive again and give it another go, but other wise, im a windows guy, not because its a *acceptable* os, but because im a gamer, and a warez man, witch means that i like windows and all teh viri that come with it.

When my iMac G5 finally kicks the bucket in 3 years or so, I may buy a new iMac to replace it, or go all out and grab the Mac Pro of the day and have a kick ass machine in my apartment, take that Dell ;).

I would need both OS's, because of many reasons (including important software running on only one platform).

If you run Mac on a PC with the right hardware, you could get very good results, close to the original MACs.

If you run Windows on a Mac, you could have problems with drivers etc. (apparently, that's what I've heard).

In the end, even though I really LOVE MACs for many reasons (including their astonishing design!), I think I would buy a laptop PC (probably the lightest one in the world-- only 800 grams!) :whistle:

I've bought my macbook lik 4 months ago before that I was using debian. I am still fan of debian but after working with mac... It has everything for me. I am definitely going to buy MBP next time.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love a Mac, but I voted PC. They're too expensive. Besides, I probably will run Windows Vista as my main OS for certain reasons. Still, I won't buy an asthetic (they're nice looking) piece of Hardware that's overpriced just for an OS that I can't run on my own custom hardware. My custom hardware is way more powerful, and more bang for my buck. That said, if the Mac mini gets 1GB RAM standard, Superdrive standard, 80 GB HDD, and drops to $549, I'll get a KVM swtich and be quite happy.