• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

bristol

bristol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
I got back VGA mode (i moved GeForce.kext and Natit.kext (from Natit_Dual_v0.02.zip) to different folder.
Installed Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg.zip ... and everything loaded fine, and was QE/CI supported, except one big problem - width and high was changed with each other. Imagine - in system preferences under display properties I got: 480 x 640 and so on... and such a display is showing - like slim... because in Europe we have width x hight. But in system preferences resolution is high x width. I even cant see mouse pointer, so slim is display... I could change those numbers places by myself only I dont know in wich file they are written.

bofors

bofors

ConvertIt2Mac.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Installed Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg.zip ... and everything loaded fine, and was QE/CI supported, except one big problem -
I even cant see mouse pointer, so slim is display...

This sounds like the problem I had when trying to use one of the other Natit versions (see the first post in the this thread).

You may want to try some other verions of Natit like v0.01, you also might want to try v0.02 again. I would search this forum for reports of others who have worked with video cards similiar to yours to.

bristol

bristol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
So I could try install Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg.zip and then replace and play with Natiti.kext ?
And other question - in Natit 0.01 and 0.02 I shoud change device id and vendor id manually?

cmdshft

cmdshft

Retired OSx86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts
I installed the Natit_Uni.kext for my nVidia card, and I have QE/CI/Q2DE enabled, but do I still have to delete all those other nvidia and HAL kexts? Is that even safe?

bofors

bofors

ConvertIt2Mac.com

• Members
  • 3,462 posts

So I could try install Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg.zip and then replace and play with Natiti.kext ?

I would start with a clean 10.4.8 install and then manually install Natit.kext. as per the instructions at the top of thread.

And other question - in Natit 0.01 and 0.02 I shoud change device id and vendor id manually?

Perhaps, if they do not otherwise work.

bofors

bofors

ConvertIt2Mac.com

• Members
  • 3,462 posts

I installed the Natit_Uni.kext for my nVidia card, and I have QE/CI/Q2DE enabled, but do I still have to delete all those other nvidia and HAL kexts? Is that even safe?

I don't think you should delete any kexts and if you did it might stop working.

Again, the way I install Natit is at the top of the thread, I delete no kexts.

cmdshft

cmdshft

Retired OSx86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts
Well, ok, I will try those.

So basically, the jist of testing is:

Replace Natit.kext with the one in the first post, and do not delete any other kexts, fix the permissions, and reboot?

If you need to know, it's a nVidia GeForce FX 5500 128MB AGP Dual VGA

bofors

bofors

ConvertIt2Mac.com

• Members
  • 3,462 posts

Replace Natit.kext with the one in the first post, and do not delete any other kexts, fix the permissions, and reboot?

The only other thing to add is to make sure you have a clean 10.4.8 install to work with. If you have messed with the kexts and such, this might not work. Otherwise, I do am not sure if your card will work either because it is an 5500 (and AGP), but it might.

bristol

bristol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
So when I first time tryed Natit, I tryed v0.02 and did as there was wrote at the first thread. My installation of 10.4.8 except, that previosly I was using onboard Intel GM950 chispet display .. so maybe thats the clue..
But anyways - Natit_uni package seems to work and doing all ok with kexts, except tad graphic mode resolution is switched vice versa. (now showing for exampel 480x640..)

cmdshft

cmdshft

Retired OSx86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts
Ok, Im pretty sure I am still fresh, the only kexts I messed with were Natit and the AppleAC97 codec.

bristol

bristol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Tryed to install Natit_uni pkg and for second time it detected display correctly. Now I have QE/CI and proper display resolution (width x high). Will try to install QE2D.

cmdshft

cmdshft

Retired OSx86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts
Didn't work.

gotoh

gotoh

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Ok, but does "detect displays" work for you that way? Can you add a second display by hot pluging and get it working with Natit?

sorry, I missed your question...
if I use it this way, "detect displays" works (it detects the second display) and if I hit it again, it does not crash.

Proof

Proof

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,
I didnt realise there was a thread about Natit. Anyway could you give me a solution for my Natit-related problem?
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=39505

Thnx.

Doodman

Doodman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm also having issues with dual display on my Nvida card.

GEForce 5700 Ultra - One VGA, one DVI

Monitor#1: Syncmaster 955DF 19" CRT, via VGA cable to VGA port
Monitor#2: ViewSonic A98f 19" CRT, via VGA cable to DVI/VGA adapter to DVI port

Tried Natit, Natit Dual 0.1 and Natit Dual 0.2

1) When booting, the POST screen and the initial apple grey screen come up on both. I know this is just the default mode of the card, as when in the BIOS it's on both screens mirrored.
2) Screen goes black (like normal when it's activating monitors)
3a) With both plugged in (even switching them around), only the monitor connected to the VGA port activates. Other stays black and goes to sleep.
3b) With only the DVI port plugged in (via DVI/VGA adapter) it activates it fine.
3c) With only the VGA port plugged in (directly) it activates fine.

So, when I have both plugged in, it appears to not be able to activate the DVI port on my card.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mentalab

Mentalab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

1) When booting, the POST screen and the initial apple grey screen come up on both. I know this is just the default mode of the card, as when in the BIOS it's on both screens mirrored.
3a) With both plugged in (even switching them around), only the monitor connected to the VGA port activates. Other stays black and goes to sleep.
3b) With only the DVI port plugged in (via DVI/VGA adapter) it activates it fine.

So, when I have both plugged in, it appears to not be able to activate the DVI port on my card.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I got the same problem with Asus Geforce EN 7300 GS !!!

Tried also Natit, Natit Dual 0.1 and Natit Dual 0.2 !!! All the time with the same way copying kext, giving permission , deleting kextcache....etc...reboot

Still cant get dual desktop! Only once i managed mirror but couldnt change resolution (was only 1024x768) with an old kext driver(Also couldnt reconize the model of my card in that case).

Mr Bofors as i c u r the guru here!!! Any ideas?

Thx in advance

axeplayer

axeplayer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Me Too I have the exact same problem

I have a Nvidia 7100GS PCI-e

any idea's ?

teh_spazz

teh_spazz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Does this driver successfully control the fan speeds? I have a 7900GT.

Thanks

Edited by teh_spazz, 05 February 2007 - 09:45 PM.

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
Natit is not a Driver, it just make the real drivers recognize the card. AFAIK the real drivers don't have the ability to control the fan.

gotoh

gotoh

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
the fan control is in the ROM of the card. OS X uses 3D mode only so your fan is at speed set for 3D mode once Finder is loaded.

you can modify your ROM fan speed using NiBitor in windows and reflash your card...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy