Natit for Nvidia with dual display

bofors

161 posts in this topic

I installed the Natit_Uni.kext for my nVidia card, and I have QE/CI/Q2DE enabled, but do I still have to delete all those other nvidia and HAL kexts? Is that even safe?

I don't think you should delete any kexts and if you did it might stop working.

Again, the way I install Natit is at the top of the thread, I delete no kexts.

Well, ok, I will try those.

So basically, the jist of testing is:

Replace Natit.kext with the one in the first post, and do not delete any other kexts, fix the permissions, and reboot?

If you need to know, it's a nVidia GeForce FX 5500 128MB AGP Dual VGA

Replace Natit.kext with the one in the first post, and do not delete any other kexts, fix the permissions, and reboot?

The only other thing to add is to make sure you have a clean 10.4.8 install to work with. If you have messed with the kexts and such, this might not work. Otherwise, I do am not sure if your card will work either because it is an 5500 (and AGP), but it might.

So when I first time tryed Natit, I tryed v0.02 and did as there was wrote at the first thread. My installation of 10.4.8 except, that previosly I was using onboard Intel GM950 chispet display .. so maybe thats the clue..

But anyways - Natit_uni package seems to work and doing all ok with kexts, except tad graphic mode resolution is switched vice versa. (now showing for exampel 480x640..)

Ok, but does "detect displays" work for you that way? Can you add a second display by hot pluging and get it working with Natit?

sorry, I missed your question...

if I use it this way, "detect displays" works (it detects the second display) and if I hit it again, it does not crash.

I'm also having issues with dual display on my Nvida card.

GEForce 5700 Ultra - One VGA, one DVI

Monitor#1: Syncmaster 955DF 19" CRT, via VGA cable to VGA port

Monitor#2: ViewSonic A98f 19" CRT, via VGA cable to DVI/VGA adapter to DVI port

Tried Natit, Natit Dual 0.1 and Natit Dual 0.2

1) When booting, the POST screen and the initial apple grey screen come up on both. I know this is just the default mode of the card, as when in the BIOS it's on both screens mirrored.

2) Screen goes black (like normal when it's activating monitors)

3a) With both plugged in (even switching them around), only the monitor connected to the VGA port activates. Other stays black and goes to sleep.

3b) With only the DVI port plugged in (via DVI/VGA adapter) it activates it fine.

3c) With only the VGA port plugged in (directly) it activates fine.

So, when I have both plugged in, it appears to not be able to activate the DVI port on my card.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

1) When booting, the POST screen and the initial apple grey screen come up on both. I know this is just the default mode of the card, as when in the BIOS it's on both screens mirrored.

3a) With both plugged in (even switching them around), only the monitor connected to the VGA port activates. Other stays black and goes to sleep.

3b) With only the DVI port plugged in (via DVI/VGA adapter) it activates it fine.

So, when I have both plugged in, it appears to not be able to activate the DVI port on my card.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I got the same problem with Asus Geforce EN 7300 GS !!!

Tried also Natit, Natit Dual 0.1 and Natit Dual 0.2 !!! All the time with the same way copying kext, giving permission , deleting kextcache....etc...reboot

Still cant get dual desktop! Only once i managed mirror but couldnt change resolution (was only 1024x768) with an old kext driver(Also couldnt reconize the model of my card in that case).

Mr Bofors as i c u r the guru here!!! Any ideas?

Thx in advance

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Me Too I have the exact same problem

I have a Nvidia 7100GS PCI-e

any idea's ?

the fan control is in the ROM of the card. OS X uses 3D mode only so your fan is at speed set for 3D mode once Finder is loaded.

you can modify your ROM fan speed using NiBitor in windows and reflash your card...

I have a nVidia GeForce Go 7600 graphics card on an HP dv8000 laptop. As of now, my display works ok. OSX recgonizes it as an "unknown nvidia" display and my dual screen wont work. I can however get resolution all the way up to 1440x900. Lately, on my DVD player, I cant view the menus and on iDVD I can see any of the menu that I am working on. I think this is a problem with my display(dont ask why, ive tried all other reasons). Mainly, I want to be able to use dual screen. Now, ive tried the natit.kext and it didnt do anything. Does anyone else know of what I can do to get my system to recognize my card as a 7600 and not just "unknown nvidia"? I believe that this may solve those other display problems that I was having. thanx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm very happy user now! my fx 5600 work fine with natit dual 0.02

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hP-PXGGp9D8"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hP-PXGGp9D8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

my config is:

post-43278-1172505719_thumb.png

Thanks Bofors, to me v 0.02 works fine too, Tv-Out works perfectly.

Look the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtoPzO-GQGc

How did you get your television working?

Do you use S-video or Cinch tv connection?

Does your card has DVI besides VGA?

How are your windows nvidiasettings: aka Dualview/span/mirror Force tv detect?

because natit 0.02 doesn't seem to recognize my television...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi..

I just installed 10.4.8 successully with full video performance and everything, but no dual display support. Tried everything so far. natit_dual02, natit, macvidia, titan. Only the display connected to the vga-port works. Am I missing something?

My GFX-Card is a Nvidia 7600GS Silent from ASUS, my Displays ar Acer AL1916WS, both.

Thanks for your help and much thanks for the great work you all did!!!!!

cheers

Marcus

How did you get your television working?

Do you use S-video or Cinch tv connection?

Does your card has DVI besides VGA?

How are your windows nvidiasettings: aka Dualview/span/mirror Force tv detect?

because natit 0.02 doesn't seem to recognize my television...

Hi man,

I not know the exact method than i used, because sincerely i not remember ;) , i'm using Natit Dual 0.02 with the default kexts from Jas 10.4.8 INTEL AMD SSE2 SSE3 Install DVD, and i only removed Titan.kext and replace by Natit, i repaired the permissions and i erased Extensions.mkext and kextcache. The difference than i can observe is than i use the s-video out in FX-5200 and s-video IN in Samsung DNIe Jr. TV.