More stable build of Firefox

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Pu7o

Pu7o

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 351 posts
Well, the last time I tried it, it didn't work. I don't know if it will work at the moment.

Acid_Burn

Acid_Burn

Crash&Burn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Hack the Planet!

Well, the last time I tried it, it didn't work. I don't know if it will work at the moment.

My Firefox 1.6a1 x86 crash´s by opening the "chose" Folder in Rapidshare. The System freeze total.... RESET :D

urig-herb

urig-herb

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

My Firefox 1.6a1 x86 crash´s by opening the "chose" Folder in Rapidshare. The System freeze total.... RESET :D

What do you mean with "chose Folder"? I successfully up- and downloaded from rapidshare without any problems.

Pu7o

Pu7o

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 351 posts
There are some websites that make my builds of Gecko browsers crash, since Gecko isn't stable on Mac OS X x86 yet, but fortunately, that doesn't happen very often now :huh:

SixShot

SixShot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
All I am doing for FireFox is just downloading the OS X binary from the Mozilla site and running it. Works like a charm.

melchior

melchior

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

All I am doing for FireFox is just downloading the OS X binary from the Mozilla site and running it. Works like a charm.

but ppc is slow. =( you want fast! intel builds are fast! we all want fast!

if i use winxp to load a page it is instant. in os x (on a real mac or on this inte mac it's slow =(

SixShot

SixShot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Sure, its a little slow to fire up at first, but then after that it works fine. If video acceleration was working for Nvidia cards, it would be like having an Intel build.

urig-herb

urig-herb

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Sure, its a little slow to fire up at first, but then after that it works fine. If video acceleration was working for Nvidia cards, it would be like having an Intel build.

Please don't tell us that using an application with rosetta is "fine". It's always better to use a native app. It's at least twice as fast. The thread is about x86 version, the forum is called "Porting Applications". So please no more "tips" like this. Sorry for being rude. :rolleyes:

SixShot

SixShot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Well you may oppose to it, but I am sure others won't. I'll leave the mods to make those decisions. :rolleyes:

pet1

pet1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Trax and Hax
How can one get flash to work with this build?

Pu7o

Pu7o

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 351 posts
You don't, unless you can find a flash binary compiled for x86.

myzar

myzar

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
now that https://bugzilla.moz...g.cgi?id=312929 has been fixed you can build from branch too if you want or care, that bug was the reason that all your branch build were refusing to start

Hagar

Hagar

Project Dogsbody

• Administrators
  • 2,352 posts
Yes, unfortunately some of us are still experiencing this non-starting bug with the 10/21 build.. haven't yet tried all the options, so there may be a solution, but for now, it doesn't work for me.

Pu7o

Pu7o

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 351 posts
Well, it does compile, and it does run, but it seems to be extremely unstable (It crashes in almost all webpages).

flibblesan

flibblesan

Lenovo hackbook guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
I just compiled 1.5rc1 but it crashes on the startpage. I can browse slashdot and news.bbc.co.uk fine though :s

edit: it crashes randomly, actually. Must be damn Gecko again...

Pu7o

Pu7o

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 351 posts
yep, that's exactly what happened to me!

urig-herb

urig-herb

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
The latest "official" ff version from Mozilla.org doesn't start in my system. I have the maxxuss 10.4.2 patch applied.

Acid_Burn

Acid_Burn

Crash&Burn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Hack the Planet!

The latest "official" ff version from Mozilla.org doesn't start in my system. I have the maxxuss 10.4.2 patch applied.

too... :(

I have the 10.4.3 "update"...

melchior

melchior

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
it must require 10.4.3

outoftheboxx10

outoftheboxx10

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:mostly hardware
crashed on first start and then ran fine....until i encountered a page with flash =x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy