• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Hypnotix

Hypnotix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
ok I am trying to create and executable script or something similar that I can double click and have it unload and reload kexts. here is what I put in terminal

su
here I enter password for root
kextunload /system/library/extensions/voodoohda.kext
kextload /system/library/extensions/voodoohda.kext

this works to get my sound back after sleep in snow leopard. I want to be able to double click something that can execute these terminal commands for me. any suggestions?

UPDATE: well I figured it out by creating a script using automator. I now have an unload script for unloading the voodoohda.kext and another for loading it back. it takes just a few seconds to fix sound after sleep now.

mrmoebius

mrmoebius

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but couldn't you just write a launch daemon that would run every so many seconds and verify that your connection is active and restart it if it isn't? I would be as simple as making a .plist file that points to your script with a time interval specified etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launchd

I made a similar fix for bluetooth activation here, that you can use as an example:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=200341

MrMoebius

hi. i have an PPTP internet connection throught VPN.
and i've made easy script what allow me to auto connect vpn after boot.
here's the code:

• tell application "Internet Connect"
  • launch -- starts in background
  • try
  • connect
  • end try
  • quit
  • end tell
i make application with this code and just put it in dock and right-click - open at login, and remove it from dock.

i need a script, which will alllow me to reconnect my vpn, when disconnected.
can you help?

I've got some similar ideas of my own I'd like to try.. how do you add items to the install options or install menu?

MrMoebius

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello

That would be awesome! can someone please port it?!

the same! BUMP

only ubuntu 9.04 can raise automatically the Bluetooth at system boot.. thanks to RF subpackage in the acpi extension of the lunix kernel.

never windows (vista, 7 etc) nor mac or other lunix distro can do that.

is the same as posted above.

is a very good goal to extend that function, and

why not to use ACER buttons? is it possible?

aH
another sad COLD CASE! ::

when you have 2 or 3 partition in a disk.. but i.e. you have leo in the 1st and snow in the 2nd..

only one is active.. so when chameleon boots.. it read necessary the Extra structure of the active partition.

the orrible horror is that the boot of snow (the 2nd not active) read fisrt the Extra folder in the active LEO partition.. and is a dirty and not stable boot!

the only solution is having a boot partition on the usb drive.. with the Clone of the snow partition. so chameleon boots in usb stick with the same extra folder as the 2nd partition. and the boot of snow starts correctly..

but.. what.. is not good to see!

DeejayCriss

DeejayCriss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello i nead a driver for my wiifi
Acer InviLink™ Nplify™ 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, supporting Acer SignalUp™ wireless technology or
Acer InviLink™ 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, supporting Acer SignalUp™ wireless technology

Pleas Hellp .

Thx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy