Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

i'll give it a shot if don't get the second part that you can't test?

i have any extra hard drive so if something goes wrong i can just reinstall lol

just got home and installed web drivers. installed the kext ran the script and still same results bad performance...then i restarted and ran the sudo commands and nothing same bad results. i did this in a fresh new install of mac... :(

has anyone tried sierra high? or 10.12.6???

I did, 10.12.6 works well AMD RX 470-480 and RX 570-580 cards have acceleration without need to adjust kext info.plists.

High Sierra, I got past Enabling 16 cores but it panicked at USBHostController. I messaged Bronya and he needs to wait for Apple to publish the source code for a new kernel.

I have it on my MacBook 6.1 and it works better or faster than Sierra IMO. I was also able to insert the 16.5 kernel as kernel2 and prelinked kernel as Prelinkedkernel2 booted and rebuilt caches then was able to switch to 16.5 kernel and prelinked kernel as primary kernels and it still boots on MacBook. So I'm able to use the 16.5 kernel (modified?) in High Sierra on MacBook 6.1. There could be a serious problem with High Sierra though it has for now at least in the Prelinked Kernel folder the prelinked kernel and 2 other "immutable kernels" which may cause issues trying to insert custom kexts and fixes that are non apple approved.

trim.6A9105FE-F1D9-49CF-B24E-4C771BBA7782.MOV

• Like 1

Hi all,

I've created an open-source Clover fork with Ryzen support but don't have a hackintosh set up to test booting macOS yet. If someone wants to try it out, feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I've created a thread for it here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324831-release-open-source-clover-fork-with-ryzen-support/

• Like 2

ehi guys thanks for the hard work,

I'm on a dual 1070 ryzen 1600 rig

And after reading i did not find a solution, it seems that the system doesn't load fakesmc... and then i get cpu halted and the machine reboots...

Any help? 

Thanks again

P.s.

I'm already using 32 as suggested without that was an instant reboot for me

And there is this strange string...

Kextloading now disabled, before the cpu halted thing...  :rofl:

Is this a kernel for a few illuminati? XD

ehi guys thanks for the hard work,

I'm on a dual 1070 ryzen 1600 rig

And after reading i did not find a solution, it seems that the system doesn't load fakesmc... and then i get cpu halted and the machine reboots...

Any help? 

Thanks again

P.s.

I'm already using 32 as suggested without that was an instant reboot for me

And there is this strange string...

Kextloading now disabled, before the cpu halted thing...  :rofl:

Is this a kernel for a few illuminati? XD

You have to search really hard for the secret handshake!

• Like 1

hello all,

:)

I have somewhat analized OpenGL problems.

Following the tests, the results are surprising, I think it comes from the web drivers encoded with the feet !! :hysterical:
I have very good results GFX Metal (120 fps) with T-Rex which corresponds to HD 7870 / R9 380.
I noticed an OpenGL 3.2 / 3.3 problem.

Some application like ScreenFlow, are to the limit to work correctly, a lot of lag due to lack of performance of the GPU dù in part by the nV Web drivers.

At T-Rex GFX OpenGL, I get 60 fps, which is good too.

Everything is full of contradictions .......

This remains usable even if the video has a lack of fluidity.

the TDP 75 w is very good ! :thumbsup_anim:

The installation method is exactly the same as for Intel CPU ;)

post-2087795-0-19232900-1498916109_thumb.png

post-2087795-0-15597600-1498916257_thumb.png

post-2087795-0-58343300-1498916329_thumb.png

post-2087795-0-58314000-1498916348_thumb.png

• Like 1

OK so just picked up a Ryzen 1800X with a crosshair vi hero for my new build but forgot about my thermaltake water block for my CPU so just bought that and will be here weds... question is Ive got a 980TI running on my 6700k machack thats awesome but looks like I might have issues with it under the Ryzen build ? I went Ryzen cause the market has treated me quite well buying 2000 shares at $1.90 and now @ $12+ so I figured Id be a hypocrite if I stuck with my 6700k intel build LOL.. So whats the Best Card for GPU I should get? I mean I love the VEGA but @ $1k Im not into it that much.... But I'm wondering if I should just boot my 980ti and hope a fix comes fourth for web drivers or get an older card? Was looking at an old GTX 680 but don't want to go backwards with this build..I use this system to do graphics for my biz.. mainly use Gimp and of course other day to day bs... What Video card will be my best option? BTW great thread / guide .. Have been following since day 1 lurking behind my intel system LOL but now am ready to switch and hoping I have good results..Ive been hacking Mac since '07 but always on intel lil nervous to AMD here LMFAO..   

Many thanks for the works for this comprehensive manual.

However, when booting the usb stick, I get this error about the Apple USBXHCIPCI create ports: port 1 unsupported protocol 03.10

How to solve this problem ? Som tips about necessary kexts to be included on the USB stick ?

My motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 micro-ATX with Ryzen 1700

post-686554-0-34925700-1499156983_thumb.jpg

OK so just picked up a Ryzen 1800X with a crosshair vi hero for my new build but forgot about my thermaltake water block for my CPU so just bought that and will be here weds... question is Ive got a 980TI running on my 6700k machack thats awesome but looks like I might have issues with it under the Ryzen build ? I went Ryzen cause the market has treated me quite well buying 2000 shares at $1.90 and now @ $12+ so I figured Id be a hypocrite if I stuck with my 6700k intel build LOL.. So whats the Best Card for GPU I should get? I mean I love the VEGA but @ $1k Im not into it that much.... But I'm wondering if I should just boot my 980ti and hope a fix comes fourth for web drivers or get an older card? Was looking at an old GTX 680 but don't want to go backwards with this build..I use this system to do graphics for my biz.. mainly use Gimp and of course other day to day bs... What Video card will be my best option? BTW great thread / guide .. Have been following since day 1 lurking behind my intel system LOL but now am ready to switch and hoping I have good results..Ive been hacking Mac since '07 but always on intel lil nervous to AMD here LMFAO..

Haf, already that nV malfunctions generally on macOS, too much problem bug and miscellaneous, it's even worse with cpu AMD !!

I strongly advise you to take AMD GPU for macOS, no graphics acceleration in .mp4 and even less in .mkv with nV !!

Haf, already that nV malfunctions generally on macOS, too much problem bug and miscellaneous, it's even worse with cpu AMD !!

I strongly advise you to take AMD GPU for macOS, no graphics acceleration in .mp4 and even less in .mkv with nV !!

Do you need a helper card like a Gtx 210 to see boot (the verbose command) ? I thought I read theres no video with AMD cards till you get into desktop ? What is the best card to use RX 580? would I be better suited to wit for Vega to release instead of making back to back purchases ? 

I have a Ryzen system with a (Ryzen 1700, ASRock X370 Pro Gaming motherboard, and a GTX 1070. I have done the first steps 3 times but it does not work. I am confused about the next step, which I think means that I can now boot the computer into sierra, but then have to change some settings there (This is also right where the fist video ends so I can not figure out which computer to go to:

You should now have a bootable USB installer. However once Sierra is installed you will need to make all these edits again on the fresh install disk.

So I am wondering how to do this step.

Thank you

I have a Ryzen system with a (Ryzen 1700, ASRock X370 Pro Gaming motherboard, and a GTX 1070. I have done the first steps 3 times but it does not work. I am confused about the next step, which I think means that I can now boot the computer into sierra, but then have to change some settings there (This is also right where the fist video ends so I can not figure out which computer to go to:

You should now have a bootable USB installer. However once Sierra is installed you will need to make all these edits again on the fresh install disk.

Thank you

The USB installs a fresh copy of Sierra, but it does not have the "Extensions, Frameworks, Kernels installed.    You need to basically repeat the process on the fresh install following Post #2 Post Disk Edit folder.     The USB will not boot the install because the Kernel and other files are not installed.     The USB will only work for install it is not intended to be used for booting a finished install.    You need to install Clover 4077 on the SSD or HDD to boot the System.

Do you need a helper card like a Gtx 210 to see boot (the verbose command) ? I thought I read theres no video with AMD cards till you get into desktop ? What is the best card to use RX 580? would I be better suited to wit for Vega to release instead of making back to back purchases ? 

For a RX card and some of the newer AMD cards 290 295X you need a helper card like a GT210, 710, 730 etc..    

R( 270, 270X and R9 280, 280X or HD 7XXX and 8XXX cards don't need any helper cards and run pretty close to the RX cards because they have the full 16 PCIe lanes for the single card.    The Gt210 and RX combo limits both cards to 8 PCIe lanes, so there is a 15-20% performance loss for the RX cards.    If you can't find a used AMD card like these the RX will work with GT210 but not to full potential, 75-80 fps in cinebencz and Gedekbench Compute 115,000.    

The current solution for single RX cards is a bios flash.

****Warning bios flashing can cause bricking of your card, so only do this if you feel competent and can afford the loss if something goes wrong*****

If you get a dual Bios RX card ( check specifications for switchable dual bios) you can Flash one of the bios with EFi only boot and use the RX like a real Mac in single card mode.   For windows you switch the bios on the card before booting into windows.      

Thank you

you will need to make all these edits again on the fresh install disk. You have to replace all the files in your hard drive with your fresh installation like the USB . So start of with the library folder / then extension, frameworks, kernal an precatch kernal then install clover.... The replace EFI from your hard drive with the one in your USB