Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

I had that issue when my bios setting for CPU frquency did not match the clover busratio=xx value.

Mobo setting CPU 3400Mhz, and clover setting busratio=30 etc..... It would boot up but would soon get kernel panic like that.

Can you check to see that both CPU frequencies match, maybe not use auto setting?

It should be included in the Other folder in Clover Kext folder.      Placing it in S/L/Extensions as well or also wouldn't hurt.

I think to successfully do it I need to remove SIP in my MacBook i tried it last night but I couldn't modify the framework extension or kernel folders on my cloned drive.. Just was hesitant to disable the SIP on my laptop but at this point.....

I donno if its just asus or this particular board but there are ZERO options for all the most basic stuff, ton of stuff for manually tweaking but I have not seen XMP setting (i have to manually increase from 2133 to 2666) and even things like XHCI or HPET they're non existent .. maybe i should just change boards

Yes you DO have to remove SIP. I had to do the same to modify the install from my MacBook Pro. You should be fine with 2133, I don't think your board is the problem :/

yes making the installer on an authentic apple mac book pro running 12.5, not sure what amp enable for my ram is ?

yes making the installer on an authentic apple mac book pro running 12.5, not sure what amp enable for my ram is ?

​could i modify a working os x disk from a clone of my MacBook ?

I build my USB pandora installer with a hackintosh not a real mac idk if that would make a difference

I build my USB pandora installer with a hackintosh not a real mac idk if that would make a difference

the thought hAs crossed my mind that the authentic mac might be blocking something i disabled sip and remade the installer but don't thinkmit made any difference IM getting the same result?? i boot into windows with no problem runs perfectly.. I really will be damned to not get this thing working

the thought hAs crossed my mind that the authentic mac might be blocking something i disabled sip and remade the installer but don't thinkmit made any difference IM getting the same result?? i boot into windows with no problem runs perfectly.. I really will be damned to not get this thing working

Well not sure I just followed the videos to be honest not sure what it could be

Well not sure I just followed the videos to be honest not sure what it could be

what board are you using? gigabyte ?

I think I may try to get a different board? Not sure if its the prob or not couple people here say they've got the same board and its working, can't imagine why  tis aint..

I mean theres nothing I've overlooked in the boot loader I've gone line by line, watched the video 20x and it just gets to the same point and freezes up? with THREE different video cards ... but if it was a bad board why would windows and linux boot ? Ive taken out each stick of ram unplugged every other drive and peripheral connected to the box what am I missing?? I know its gotta be something stupid

This is the last screen shot before it goes to the frozen apple.. what is GIOscreenlockstae?

post-72125-0-28910700-1499489594_thumb.jpg

what board are you using? gigabyte ?

I think I may try to get a different board? Not sure if its the prob or not couple people here say they've got the same board and its working, can't imagine why tis aint..

I mean theres nothing I've overlooked in the boot loader I've gone line by line, watched the video 20x and it just gets to the same point and freezes up? with THREE different video cards ... but if it was a bad board why would windows and linux boot ? Ive taken out each stick of ram unplugged every other drive and peripheral connected to the box what am I missing?? I know its gotta be something stupid

This is the last screen shot before it goes to the frozen apple.. what is GIOscreenlockstae?

I have a msi x370 pro carbon mobo, in my experience I would usually get an error before it even boots not after the color text.... to be honest I'm not sure I'm thinking maybe there is an issue with the installer did you try updating pandora to the lates version , do you have more than one graphics card connected to your mobo? And did you remember to put EFI folder from package to installer?

OK GREAT News Im running OS X on my Ryzen system  :) Bad news I couldn't get the boot loader to work.. However Goto give a shout out to Gigamax for this thread because part 2 was my saving grace! I simply cloned my MacBook after disabling SIP and then modified it per the part 2 instructions.. I can't figure out for the life of me what happened with the installer that has worked for so many of you :( & your help and support for what was going wrong? But at least I pulled it off, and thanks for all  the support and encouragement now comes the fun part tweaking this thing to be as good if not better than my 6700k hack..

• Like 2

OK GREAT News Im running OS X on my Ryzen system :) Bad news I couldn't get the boot loader to work.. However Goto give a shout out to Gigamax for this thread because part 2 was my saving grace! I simply cloned my MacBook after disabling SIP and then modified it per the part 2 instructions.. I can't figure out for the life of me what happened with the installer that has worked for so many of you :( & your help and support for what was going wrong? But at least I pulled it off, and thanks for all the support and encouragement now comes the fun part tweaking this thing to be as good if not better than my 6700k hack..

That's good, glad you figured it out!

• Like 1

completely broke it installed via my 640 card and when i installed the 980ti i got 800x600 res, after trying to install web drivers totally killed the system, to the point where my mb gave me errors and wouldnt boot unless i unpolugged the hd from the box  ??? this is gonna be fun 5:15am still going strong.. I WILL GET THIS.. I just wiped the drive and am doing a fresh install... Pretty sure it should work with the 980ti out the gate but if not ill be going backwards.. No net but i used my iphone hotspot and most my usb ports didnt work but at least it booted :) and pointers or suggestions are more than welcome :D  l211at lan and 980 web drivers, read somewhere the pacifest extraction and direct embedding to the liobrary is a good work around, has anyone used the direct install method, or does everything need to be hacked into this platform ?

• Like 1

completely broke it installed via my 640 card and when i installed the 980ti i got 800x600 res, after trying to install web drivers totally killed the system, to the point where my mb gave me errors and wouldnt boot unless i unpolugged the hd from the box  ??? this is gonna be fun 5:15am still going strong.. I WILL GET THIS.. I just wiped the drive and am doing a fresh install... Pretty sure it should work with the 980ti out the gate but if not ill be going backwards.. No net but i used my iphone hotspot and most my usb ports didnt work but at least it booted :) and pointers or suggestions are more than welcome :D  l211at lan and 980 web drivers, read somewhere the pacifest extraction and direct embedding to the liobrary is a good work around, has anyone used the direct install method, or does everything need to be hacked into this platform ?

You can add the InteliGBkext to System/library/Extensions directly just make sure to run Kext wizzard. It should give you Ethernet but it may not allow web drivers to work correctly.

• Like 1

SmallTreeIntel82576.kext  for i211

Put 0x15398086 in IOPCIMATCH,

use FakePCIID_Intel_Gbx from Rehabman so that the subdevice id

is overwritten and the driver can load.

• Like 3

post-2128334-0-11378700-1499553580_thumb.jpgI have prepared the hard drive using the second video after doing I got an apple and some text but within a second of it appearing it disappeared and restarted, doing the same thing. I have attached the best photo I was able to get of the text before it was gone. I am not sure why it is doing this as it seems to almost work before crashing.

I am using a Ryzen 1700, GTX 1070, ASRock Fatal1ty gaming, Gskill Trident 3200 Ram and loading the OS onto a 500GB Seagate Momentus Thin SATA.

Thank you

IMG_0144 - Copy.JPGI have prepared the hard drive using the second video after doing I got an apple and some text but within a second of it appearing it disappeared and restarted, doing the same thing. I have attached the best photo I was able to get of the text before it was gone. I am not sure why it is doing this as it seems to almost work before crashing.

I am using a Ryzen 1700, GTX 1070, ASRock Fatal1ty gaming, Gskill Trident 3200 Ram and loading the OS onto a 500GB Seagate Momentus Thin SATA.

Thank you

You were able to install mac is sierra on a hard drive right? So once your hard drive is done you have to replace the files mentioned in the tutorial you start off with library (mention in the tutorial post installation)

then extension , framework , kernel , pre kernel (like the USB installer) after that you have to install clover in your fresh install. Once you install you should see your EFI folder mounted, you need to replace that EFI folder with the EFI from your USB pandora installer, I use pandora program (third option) to mount EFI once done just kext wizard

Make sure to use correct npci and busratio and select the graphic options that apply to you

SmallTreeIntel82576.kext  for i211

Put 0x15398086 in IOPCIMATCH,

use FakePCIID_Intel_Gbx from Rehabman so that the subdevice id

is overwritten and the driver can load.

Can you provide links to these fixes? I will repost on page one and if you can give a brief explanation of how to install these for noobs I will post it there as well as.

• Like 1

Can you provide links to these fixes? I will repost on page one and if you can give a brief explanation of how to install these for noobs I will post it there as well as.

That would be cool in still stuck using appleigb

I would greatly appreciate this too, I'm getting Kernel panics called leading back to the AppleIGB drivers...

You can add the InteliGBkext to System/library/Extensions directly just make sure to run Kext wizzard. It should give you Ethernet but it may not allow web drivers to work correctly.

Also @Gigamaxx, does this interfere with web drivers?

Fake pciid injects subdevice id 0xa for the i211.  These need to be loaded first.

I have an X520 that always loads first.  Putting its pci ids there makes FakePCIID_intel_IGB

load first.  You can make Clover load FakePCIID kexts first.  I am using Enoch, but Extra does

not work for me.

The only change for Smalltree82576.kext is the the device ids of i211.

The probe function checks 0xa.  If this patched to nop, it might work as well.

0000000000001b40        movzwl  0xd74(%rbx), %ecx

0000000000001b47        cmpl    $0xa, %ecx

0000000000001b4a        movw    0xd76(%rbx), %ax

0000000000001b51        jne     0x1cff   <-------                 patch to nop

0000000000001b57        cmpw    $0x8086, %ax

When it works, you will see something like this in boot message (0x85f0 is the original subdevice id)

FakePCIID: configRead16(0x2e), result 0x85f0 -> 0x000a

SmallTreeIntel82576::start - Built Aug 20 2014 14:11:50

From my experience once you enable your graphic card the Ethernet stops working(it worked for me right after installation) you have to find a method to fix it again

iGB is not stable.  When I get panics by pulling the ethernet cable or using Apple Remote Desktop.

Smalltree82576 works really well.

i211.zip

Guys, I am being pretty desperate about my Hackintosh build.

1080Ti is totally overkill for Hackintosh with Ryzen as you get very tiny of its full potential. So I decided I will go with 7950 but I am not able to get it running. After boot I see only blank screen. It is booted as I can hear sounds from some keyboard shortcuts, but that is all.. I have tried those preloaders like Hamachi or Futomaki or so, none of them works. Any idea??

Then I decided I will go with 1060 as that is not that expensive card and could perform well. But, with web drivers (5.05.15f01 - those that work OK for 1080ti) I can get only 5-10 seconds of working system and then boom, system reboots. With native drivers system is stable, but ugly to use and slow. Any idea what can be wrong here?

So basically I am trying 3 different options of GPUs and none of them is giving me any satisfying result :( Thx for help

1080Ti is totally overkill for Hackintosh with Ryzen as you get very tiny of its full potential. So I decided I will go with 7950 but I am not able to get it running. After boot I see only blank screen. It is booted as I can hear sounds from some keyboard shortcuts, but that is all.. I have tried those preloaders like Hamachi or Futomaki or so, none of them works. Any idea??

Then I decided I will go with 1060 as that is not that expensive card and could perform well. But, with web drivers (5.05.15f01 - those that work OK for 1080ti) I can get only 5-10 seconds of working system and then boom, system reboots. With native drivers system is stable, but ugly to use and slow. Any idea what can be wrong here?

So basically I am trying 3 different options of GPUs and none of them is giving me any satisfying result :( Thx for help

How about AMD cards?  R9 280x works fine for me.

• Like 2

Try this config.plist, save your original.

config.plist 2.zip

For nvidia graphics cards I use 14,2 definition

For ati I use 6,1 definition...

I have managed to get to the clover screen and then all the text goes across the screen and I type the necessary commands. But then It goes to an apple screen and the bar fills a little and sits there (for 4 hours before I shut it down) and does not move at all. I am not sure what I did wrong as everything up to this point seemed to work very well.