Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

Did you use kext wizard on your pandora installer after you finish doing all the steps creating it? I don't use my front USB ports, only the directly to the mobo and only USB 3 ports. Sounds like maybe you missed a step in the USB installer??? Your almost there

using usb 3 on back of computer, tried installing installer to a usb 16gb stick and a usb2 8gig stick ? i get no errors? it just gets to the white apple 

Step by step. this is all I'm doing:

Open Pandora and select "Create Bootloader", select macOS Sierra and select install location (USB). Next, click on the Custom Kernel tab and go to top of window that pops up. Click on the Custom Kernel tab and scroll to location of your risen essentials package and select 16.5 kernel. It should appear in the window next to tab and check that you have USB and Sierra also loaded in the installer windows in Pandora. Hit "Start" button and wait (15-30 min + -).

After instal is complete it will ask you if you want to instal Clover or chameleon, choose clover. When the Clover window opens check to see that UEFI and ESP boxes are checked in top left corner. Don't worry about other settings just go to bottom left and hit install.

Now you have a pandora installer icon and an EFI (clover) folder on desktop. Open the EFI folder and open the Ryzen essentials EFI folder from package. Drag the Boot64EFI folder to the EFI (USB) and replace it. Next drag the Clover folder to the same EFI tab and choose replace option, don't merge this one. You should now have replaced all the clover files for the USB installer.

Now, open the Pandora Installer and open the Kernel_16.5 folder packet. Open the usr folders for both windows and drag the Kernel16.5 files to the Installer usr folder and select "Merge" option. I did them one at a time, standalone, local and bin.

Next, open the "System" folder on installer and then "Library" scroll to "Extrensions" folder and open. Drag the Extensions files from Kernel 16.5 folder to Installer Extensions folder tab. Choose replace option. Close Extensions folder tab when done.

Open frameworks folder on Installer and got to kernel 16.5 files and drag Frameworks files one at a tine to Frameworks folder tab. you should get replace or Merge option. Choose Merge option. Close folder tab when done.

Scroll to Kernel folder on Installer and open. there will be 2 kernels there, remove both top trash and drag the Kernel 16.5 kernel to installer Kernel folder tab, choose replace.

Next, scroll to PreLinked Kernel folder and replace in same manner as above.

***** Now run Kext Wizzard and make sure to select the proper target disk "Pandora Installer".

Take the usb installer from my MacBook place it in the risen box and....

The video has me moving the config.plist file as well Ive tried w/ moving and replacing and w/out

I don't switch the plist till I'm done it seems your doing it right not sure what the issue is... I've been able to install on USB thumb drives, I followed the video except for the changing plist, once the pandora installer was finished it should have mounted the EFI folder from the USB pandora installer. Did you replace the EFI in that folder with the once provided from the package?

I don't switch the plist till I'm done it seems your doing it right not sure what the issue is... I've been able to install on USB thumb drives

Can you download DCPIManager and open it, select create DSDT. Name a new folder and then repeat the create dsdt again to make sure it generates in the folder. To retrieve go to Documents folder it should be there, compress it and post it.

I think I placed a DSDT in the Clover EFI folder under ACPI in the "patched" folder. If you create one and upload it then slikvic could replace it with the one in the ACPI folder. Slicvic could also try removing the original and see if anything changes.

This is strange, the procedure normally works and my USB loader usually goes right to Installer screen and I have no isssues.

wow just called asus to see if they could tell me if HPET ,or  EHCI setting were available in their bios.. what a mistake.. he didn't even know what they were LOL

Can you download DCPIManager and open it, select create DSDT. Name a new folder and then repeat the create dsdt again to make sure it generates in the folder. To retrieve go to Documents folder it should be there, compress it and post it.

I think I placed a DSDT in the Clover EFI folder under ACPI in the "patched" folder. If you create one and upload it then slikvic could replace it with the one in the ACPI folder. Slicvic could also try removing the original and see if anything changes.

This is strange, the procedure normally works and my USB loader usually goes right to Installer screen and I have no isssues.

From what my Macbook ? I can't run dcpi manager on the ryzen box I don't think? it has a gui ? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXwC-kFPr8E

wow just called asus to see if they could tell me if HPET ,or EHCI setting were available in their bios.. what a mistake.. he didn't even know what they were LOL

From what my Macbook ? I can't run dcpi manager on the ryzen box I don't think? it has a gui ?

Did you fix your problem? My mobo doesn't have a lot of settings that are mentioned in the tutorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXwC-kFPr8E

wow just called asus to see if they could tell me if HPET ,or EHCI setting were available in their bios.. what a mistake.. he didn't even know what they were LOL

Slikvic pardon me I've been at work all day.

I didn't find HPET on my bios either but it still worked for me. As soon as I get home I'll send you my clover folder from my installer USB.

• Like 1

Slikvic pardon me I've been at work all day.

I didn't find HPET on my bios either but it still worked for me. As soon as I get home I'll send you my clover folder from my installer USB.

I got say its just weird that on all 3 video cards i get the same thing.. they all get through the single user verbose and die at the white apple? 

I got say its just weird that on all 3 video cards i get the same thing.. they all get through the single user verbose and die at the white apple?

Maybe it's a problem with the pandora installer did you change the EFI ???! Like it says in the tutorial... if it was an issue with your graphic cards it would have stopped before the colored text. It would have just haulted so I doubt is that

Don't know if this is related at all, but I consistently get this Kernel Panic after being booted for ~4 minutes. I can't stay booted any longer.

- Note on the first line: No HEPTs available... Maybe we both have our BIOS configured wrong?

ZfAjJOo.jpg

Don't know if this is related at all, but I consistently get this Kernel Panic after being booted for ~4 minutes. I can't stay booted any longer.

- Note on the first line: No HEPTs available... Maybe we both have our BIOS configured wrong?

ZfAjJOo.jpg

I had that issue when my bios setting for CPU frquency did not match the clover busratio=xx value.

Mobo setting CPU 3400Mhz, and clover setting busratio=30 etc..... It would boot up but would soon get kernel panic like that.

Can you check to see that both CPU frequencies match, maybe not use auto setting?

Maybe it's a problem with the pandora installer did you change the EFI ???! Like it says in the tutorial... if it was an issue with your graphic cards it would have stopped before the colored text. It would have just haulted so I doubt is that

ya know thats an interesting point.. and its the one constant in all builds maybe its corrupted or something? gonna try and re download it

I had that issue when my bios setting for CPU frquency did not match the clover busratio=xx value.

Mobo setting CPU 3400Mhz, and clover setting busratio=30 etc..... It would boot up but would soon get kernel panic like that.

Can you check to see that both CPU frequencies match, maybe not use auto setting?

Yes this is a fresh install I just did now. Ryzen 1700x @ 3.4GHz busratio=34 npci=3000.

I just went over my BIOS again and I found that I had Serial Port enabled... I disabled it and was able to reboot, install AppleIGB drivers for ethernet connection, and am now backing up with Carbon Copy Cloner. I will inform if Serial Port seems to help for being booted longer than a few minutes.

Update: After turning OFF Serial Port in BIOS I have now been booted for ~15 min, downloaded many GPU tests and am testing stability... 

@slikvic do you have Serial Port on? I have an ASUS mobo as well, we don't have HEPT settings.

• Like 1

Yes this is a fresh install I just did now. Ryzen 1700x @ 3.4GHz busratio=34 npci=3000.

I just went over my BIOS again and I found that I had Serial Port enabled... I disabled it and was able to reboot, install AppleIGB drivers for ethernet connection, and am now backing up with Carbon Copy Cloner. I will inform if Serial Port seems to help for being booted longer than a few minutes.

Update: After turning OFF Serial Port in BIOS I have now been booted for ~15 min, downloaded many GPU tests and am testing stability... 

@slikvic do you have Serial Port on? I have an ASUS mobo as well, we don't have HEPT settings.

I have Super IO port Disabled (pretty sure thats the serial port)

Just did another clean boot loader from scratch and now I've got an error loading

post-72125-0-69420900-1499464148_thumb.jpg

post-72125-0-51313300-1499464172_thumb.jpg

I have Super IO port Disabled (pretty sure thats the serial port)

Just did another clean boot loader from scratch and now I've got an error loading

Do you have USB ownership enabled in the clover settings? Also you said your trying to install on USB? Make sure they are both 3.0 and directly to the mobo

Do you have USB ownership enabled in the clover settings? Also you said your trying to install on USB? Make sure they are both 3.0 and directly to the mobo

where is usb ownership ? I copied your EFI folder direct so if its in your clover its in mine

I overcame the error by disabling web drivers and just inject nvidia in clover, but still getting the same exact thing a split second flash and the just white apple logo with a bar thats frozen.. I reset my bios to optimal settings to see if that would help but same thing? I installed windows to see if it would work installs and cranks, installed linux it works? Im really baffled by this.. Don't get me wrong I can't compile code but i have installed os x on over 10 different computers (never an AMD box LOL ) but this is really confusing !

where is usb ownership ? I copied your EFI folder direct so if its in your clover its in mine

I overcame the error by disabling web drivers and just inject nvidia in clover, but still getting the same exact thing a split second flash and the just white apple logo with a bar thats frozen.. I reset my bios to optimal settings to see if that would help but same thing? I installed windows to see if it would work installs and cranks, installed linux it works? Im really baffled by this.. Don't get me wrong I can't compile code but i have installed os x on over 10 different computers (never an AMD box LOL ) but this is really confusing !

Intel?

yes before this build all intel

was a walk in the park. but i have a distinct feeling something else is afoot here just can't seem to nail it

Not sure your making the USB with a mac? Sierra 10.12.5?? And do you have amp enable for your ram?

post-1941593-0-60207600-1499471339_thumb.png

yes making the installer on an authentic apple mac book pro running 12.5, not sure what amp enable for my ram is ?

Legacy shim2 your very close.

Check bios USB for enable legacy mode. Sometimes it's either legacy or UEFI only. Try both settings if available.

yes making the installer on an authentic apple mac book pro running 12.5, not sure what amp enable for my ram is ?

​could i modify a working os x disk from a clone of my MacBook ?

• Like 1

​could i modify a working os x disk from a clone of my MacBook ?

I found using cloned copies was a little buggy, but it wouldn't hurt to try.     AMP is a autocorrect for XMP detection or XMP enabled it should be in the CPU and or Ram section in Bios.

In Bios did you find a USB legacy or UEFi option?

Not sure how to clone my self to be honest try removing the hard drive and just the installer the once you get to the installation you can plug what ever USB you want to install in

I think to successfully do it I need to remove SIP in my MacBook i tried it last night but I couldn't modify the framework extension or kernel folders on my cloned drive.. Just was hesitant to disable the SIP on my laptop but at this point.....

I found using cloned copies was a little buggy, but it wouldn't hurt to try.     AMP is a autocorrect for XMP detection or XMP enabled it should be in the CPU and or Ram section in Bios.

In Bios did you find a USB legacy or UEFi option?

I donno if its just asus or this particular board but there are ZERO options for all the most basic stuff, ton of stuff for manually tweaking but I have not seen XMP setting (i have to manually increase from 2133 to 2666) and even things like XHCI or HPET they're non existent .. maybe i should just change boards

• Like 1