[GUIDE] EL Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel LGA 775 motherboards / DSDT

MaLd0n
911 posts in this topic

Hello MaLd0n,

Restart & sleep works now. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me.

Should I just be sending the runme output only or the ioregexplorer file, too?

looks good

run in terminal

kextstat | grep AppleIntel
  • Like 1

Good morning!

24    0 0xffffff7f82270000 0x2b000    0x2b000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (219.0.0) 7DB9DBCF-2473-3D1A-8D5C-8317AE882D28
34    0 0xffffff7f8226b000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (219.0.0) B802638B-251C-3602-BA8C-001F87228765
:yes:
Run geekbench and check score
  • Like 1

One little thing I noticed, is when pc goes to sleep, usb sticks get ejected and when it wakes I get the message that it wasn't ejected properly. It's not important  though. I'm just saying that as feedback.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I am new to the hackintosh community and I am very eager to learn.

Currently I am trying to install Sierra on my Asus Maximus Formula II(Lga 775) mobo. I have done the mod to allow 771 cpus and am currently rocking a xeon x5470. I have 16gb of ddr2 800 ram and a geforce 8400 gs video card.

My current issue is I can make it to the clover to select to install sierra from usb but then after that, my screen goes black for a little while and then I get a cpu kernal panic error code. I am just using mostly default boot flags but have tried a couple random things. I tried using the same usb to install on my rampage gene iii x58 system and it worked so I don't think its the usb. So the issue being I can't even reach the installer to even begin to try and install Sierra.

Any idea's? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

i think ur problçem is a usb installer, try app from first post to create again

Okay I followed this guide and did everything it said and now it boots up the clover but there is no bubble to Boot os sierra from USB. I can just see options to boot windows from one of my hard drives.

I have sierra running on my x58 rampage 3 gene. I downloaded the sierra install from the App Store and did the whole drag and drop process. Is there something I am missing?

• Like 1

u press F8 and boot from USB again?

Yeah. It boots into the clover fine but it doesn't show Mac OS boot from USB bubble option. On the drive maker I noticed there was two versions. One said it was for el capitalism and Yosemite so I assumed it was the other one. So that's the one I used

• Like 1

let me know

Okay so I am pretty tech savvy but I am officially confused. SO:

I formatted my 16gb thumb drive as a GUID partition, mac os extended journaled, named it Sierra. I opened up the flash drive maker, dragged and dropped my thumb drive onto that, then when it asked for osx, I went into my applications, dragged and dropped the sierra install from there, let it do its thing, and now a different partition called OS X System base opens up with what looks like all the Sierra install stuff and then my thumb drive is basically empty. Nothing on it. Am I just dumb? Haha.  Is there something I am missing? Or is something not working right on my system?

• Like 1

-format usb stick Mac OS Expandido (Journaling)

-Drag and Drop your Flash Drive

-Drag and Drop your installer osx(.app)

-Put ur password

-Erase content = y

and just waiting restore

MaLd0n 2018-01-21 às 04.04.38.png

after finish process, install clover with options

01.png

02.png

and replace with folder

CLOVER.zip

-format usb stick Mac OS Expandido (Journaling)

-Drag and Drop your Flash Drive

-Drag and Drop your installer osx(.app)

-Put ur password

-Erase content = y

and just waiting restore

attachicon.gifMaLd0n 2018-01-21 às 04.04.38.png

after finish process, install clover with options

attachicon.gif01.png

attachicon.gif02.png

and replace with folder

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

Okay I followed those instructions perfectly. I got the usb installer made and this is the error screen I get. Do I need some boot flags?

post-2380534-0-43012100-1516516432_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

use npci=0x2000 ;)

here

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

You sir are a genius! All I did was remove all the boot arguments and add the npci 2000 flag and I reached the installer, woo!

Couple questions, first:: I noticed you linked a config.plist. Will I need to add the npci 2000 to the efi clover config plist so that I can boot into os every time I power on my computer? And 2nd,

now that I am able to install os, I can follow the guide you listed and tell you my hardware and you can create a DSDT edit patch thing for me? :)

• Like 1

Okay I am having a little issue. So when I reached the installer before I originally just went to the options in the clover and removed all the boot arguments and just put npci=0x2000 and got to the installer fine(just a test to make sure). So I shut down, then put back in my thumb drive in my other system and replaced the original config.plist with the one you provided, then I hooked up my ssd to actually install OS and now when I try to reach the installer I get tons of lines of code spitting out errors..

So I should note that I went ahead and just removed all the flags in clover like I did before except the npci 2000 and made it to the installer and installed sierra on my ssd. Then when it started it just hangs and never boots. So then I shut down and booted into clover and removed all the flags except npci 2000 and tried to boot into it that way. The apple logo comes up and it loads all the way to the end and then just sits there.

Attached is the error I was getting with the other bootflags as well as npci 2000(I think there was like dv dart or something and then one other) This was just the end of what the verbose was spitting out.

Also so there is no confusion I did replace the original plist with the one you provided. I figured you're sleeping right now so hopefully in the morning you have a solution! :)

post-2380534-0-17254100-1516527084_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Okay I am having a little issue. So when I reached the installer before I originally just went to the options in the clover and removed all the boot arguments and just put npci=0x2000 and got to the installer fine(just a test to make sure). So I shut down, then put back in my thumb drive in my other system and replaced the original config.plist with the one you provided, then I hooked up my ssd to actually install OS and now when I try to reach the installer I get tons of lines of code spitting out errors..

So I should note that I went ahead and just removed all the flags in clover like I did before except the npci 2000 and made it to the installer and installed sierra on my ssd. Then when it started it just hangs and never boots. So then I shut down and booted into clover and removed all the flags except npci 2000 and tried to boot into it that way. The apple logo comes up and it loads all the way to the end and then just sits there.

Attached is the error I was getting with the other bootflags as well as npci 2000(I think there was like dv dart or something and then one other) This was just the end of what the verbose was spitting out.

Also so there is no confusion I did replace the original plist with the one you provided. I figured you're sleeping right now so hopefully in the morning you have a solution! :)

try

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1