[Guide] El Capitan, Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

MaLd0n
2,509 posts in this topic

It works now  :lol:

I'm trying to check if the PM works, but when I try to load AppleIntelInfo.kext hang for 1 sec. and then reboots......... any idea ?

put kext in desktop and run .command

AppleIntelInfo.zip

after run in terminal some times

sudo cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat

PStates in x99 is not perfect

finally.. thank you! (audioid is 28 now) weird XD

again can you patch my dsdt to have brightness control in sierra? also is there any way/patch to lid display without having sleep/hibernate? or can you patch sleepmode to work?

use same dsdt patched, add pnlf

• Like 2

put kext in desktop and run .command

attachicon.gifAppleIntelInfo.zip

after run in terminal some times

sudo cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat

Your version works. The PM is perfect. From x12 to x26 all steps are present on both cpu :lol:

WTF has the 1.15 I've downloaded ?

As usual thanks for your help my friend ^_^

• Like 1

Your version works. The PM is perfect. From x12 to x26 all steps are present on both cpu :lol:

WTF has the 1.15 I've downloaded ?

As usual thanks for your help my friend ^_^

xD

unload kext, use kext only for check and unload after

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Hello MaLd0n,

you're doing an incredible work!

I read all the post containing "z97" and after different DSDT/Config.plist combination I found, from similar HW, this DSDT/Conflig.plist setup from one of your post. Can you check if everthing is correct?

My Config: Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H (1.0, latest Stable BIOS), Intel i5 4590, nVidia GTX 960.

Thanks  :)

Send me iMac-di-Leonardo.zip

• Like 1

Hello MaLd0n,

you're doing an incredible work!

I read all the post containing "z97" and after different DSDT/Config.plist combination I found, from similar HW, this DSDT/Conflig.plist setup from one of your post. Can you check if everthing is correct?

My Config: Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H (1.0, latest Stable BIOS), Intel i5 4590, nVidia GTX 960.

Thanks  :)

CLOVER.zip

• Like 2

ioreg is good

the k.p is very strange, is nothing about kexts, looks Power Management problem

try generate SSDT for PM and check if solve

attachicon.gifSSDT_Automator.zip

about wake from mouse we check it

Okay, ran PikeR's SSDT tool (running CPU at stock speed).  Installed, checked config.plist for no C-State or P-States, rebooted.

Power Gadget confirms that it now lowers CPU clock speed depending on load (as low as 800 MHz).

Still cannot wake under any circumstances, still getting the same panic (attached a fresh report from Logs-->Diagnostic Reports).

Figured out why it would not even 'attempt' to wake on press of the USB Keyboard:

...in MSI UEFI-BIOS menu "Settings-->Advanced-->Wake Up Event Setup" there is Enable/Disable choice for "Resume By USB Device", which I enabled.  So now it will try to wake, but fails with the same Panic info as when I press the Power Button to wake.

Been doing some reading up on this.  I'll look further. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Asteroids__Kernel_2018-02-13-164517_oscars-iMac.panic.zip

• Like 1

JDelgadoCR, on 11 Feb 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:snapback.png

Hi MaLd0n,

I'm attaching the output of the updated RunMe you sent me.

I did the F4 at Clover boot (beforehand) so the origin folder should be populated in this ZIP file.

Thanks a lot man!   :thumbsup_anim:

zip.gif  CLOVER.zip   1.82MB   2 downloads

need ioreg with new files after reboot

Hi MaLd0n,

With the CLOVER folder you sent I get a KP.

I'm attaching a new RunMe output and a manually generated IOREG (ioreg -l -w0 -p IODeviceTree) and another IOREG without options.

Thanks 

jorged.ioreg.txt

Send me Jorges-Mac-mini-20180213.zip

jorged2.ioreg.txt

• Like 1

Okay, ran PikeR's SSDT tool (running CPU at stock speed).  Installed, checked config.plist for no C-State or P-States, rebooted.

Power Gadget confirms that it now lowers CPU clock speed depending on load (as low as 800 MHz).

Still cannot wake under any circumstances, still getting the same panic (attached a fresh report from Logs-->Diagnostic Reports).

Figured out why it would not even 'attempt' to wake on press of the USB Keyboard:

...in MSI UEFI-BIOS menu "Settings-->Advanced-->Wake Up Event Setup" there is Enable/Disable choice for "Resume By USB Device", which I enabled.  So now it will try to wake, but fails with the same Panic info as when I press the Power Button to wake.

Been doing some reading up on this.  I'll look further. Any ideas?

Thanks!

ye, I can not identify the error :|

the install is a fresh?

JDelgadoCR, on 11 Feb 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:snapback.png

zip.gif  CLOVER.zip   1.82MB   2 downloads

need ioreg with new files after reboot

Hi MaLd0n,

With the CLOVER folder you sent I get a KP.

I'm attaching a new RunMe output and a manually generated IOREG (ioreg -l -w0 -p IODeviceTree) and another IOREG without options.

Thanks 

post a photo KP screen, the files is correct, i think is something installed in ur system

not working, it wake up suddenly after I click sleep, then black screen. I can move cursor but minutes later freeze.

sounds like Video problem

• Like 2

guessed sleep mode/hibernate on my laptop will never work :( can you help me to patch my dsdt to disable sleep/hibernate when lid the display? I've tired

1: Set sleep mode in shell:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

2: Remove the image:

sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage

3: Create a blanked file:

sudo touch /private/var/vm/sleepimage

4:Make file immutable:

sudo chflags uchg /private/var/vm/sleepimage

but it didn't work.. same with 3rd application like amphetamine/caffein/insomniaX, still got sleep

• Like 1

guessed sleep mode/hibernate on my laptop will never work :( can you help me to patch my dsdt to disable sleep/hibernate when lid the display? I've tired

but it didn't work.. same with 3rd application like amphetamine/caffein/insomniaX, still got sleep

lol

try

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 2

WARNING to future readers of this thread: if you incorrectly patch your BIOS you can brick your motherboard, meaning put it into a non-responsive, non-recoverable state (this varies quite a bit between mobo manufacturers).

ye, I can not identify the error :|

the install is a fresh?

Yes, fresh install.  

I think I found out what was causing it to panic on wake attempts. 

After reading part of this thread "Unsynchronised TSC after wake/reboot after wake", I decided to try VoodooTSCSync.kext and see if there was a change.  I did, and there was a change: now it would mostly wake up from a power button (or multiple-press on the USB keyboard).  But not always.  Then I read this post.  

It all sounded like what I was seeing in my logs, so I went through the BIOS patching process detailed back in the first thread (that's the real how-to info).  

• Dump the BIOS update image with UEFITool.
  • Find the offending opcodes in the 'S3Resume' section, with a disassembler tool.
  • Use a Hex Editor to change the problem opcodes to NOP (no operation) opcodes.
  • Replace the 'S3Resume' portion of the BIOS image.
  • Flash the motherboard's BIOS with the patched image (again, for folks reading this: KNOW what you are doing, or don't attempt this).

So, after flashing the MSI PC-Mate Z97 with the patched BIOS (and along with your DSDT and Sierra install), the machine can sleep AND wake properly.  Power button wakes as expected, and USB-keyboard will wake (as long as I press a key... followed by 'another key after a few seconds').  If I don't press a second key on the keyboard, it lapses back into sleep.

Success?  So far it seems solid!

Thanks again MaLd0n!   :thumbsup_anim:  

• Like 1

WARNING to future readers of this thread: if you incorrectly patch your BIOS you can brick your motherboard, meaning put it into a non-responsive, non-recoverable state (this varies quite a bit between mobo manufacturers).

Yes, fresh install.  

I think I found out what was causing it to panic on wake attempts. 

After reading part of this thread "Unsynchronised TSC after wake/reboot after wake", I decided to try VoodooTSCSync.kext and see if there was a change.  I did, and there was a change: now it would mostly wake up from a power button (or multiple-press on the USB keyboard).  But not always.  Then I read this post.  

It all sounded like what I was seeing in my logs, so I went through the BIOS patching process detailed back in the first thread (that's the real how-to info).  

• Dump the BIOS update image with UEFITool.
  • Find the offending opcodes in the 'S3Resume' section, with a disassembler tool.
  • Use a Hex Editor to change the problem opcodes to NOP (no operation) opcodes.
  • Replace the 'S3Resume' portion of the BIOS image.
  • Flash the motherboard's BIOS with the patched image (again, for folks reading this: KNOW what you are doing, or don't attempt this).

So, after flashing the MSI PC-Mate Z97 with the patched BIOS (and along with your DSDT and Sierra install), the machine can sleep AND wake properly.  Power button wakes as expected, and USB-keyboard will wake (as long as I press a key... followed by 'another key after a few seconds').  If I don't press a second key on the keyboard, it lapses back into sleep.

Success?  So far it seems solid!

Thanks again MaLd0n!   :thumbsup_anim:  

:lol: good, very good! congratz!  :drool:

• Like 2

Hi MaLd0n,

I'm trying to install HS 10.13.3 on a HP Z620 (Chipset C602, E5-2680v1 CPU, GTX760 GPU).

Unfortunately I can not start the installer due to a kernel panic.

I tried to patch my DSDT extracted from Clover (F4) with the guide at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326200-new-possibilities-for-x79-appleacpiplatform-panic/?p=2591629I did not succeed .

I apologize in advance if this is not the correct topic (I think it's still a 7 Series motherboard... ).

Can I ask for your help?

I have attached my EFI and the ACPI / origin folder.

Thanks in advance.

EFI.zip

origin.zip

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n,

I'm trying to install HS 10.13.3 on a HP Z620 (Chipset C602, E5-2680v1 CPU, GTX760 GPU).

Unfortunately I can not start the installer due to a kernel panic.

I tried to patch my DSDT extracted from Clover (F4) with the guide at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326200-new-possibilities-for-x79-appleacpiplatform-panic/?p=2591629I did not succeed .

I apologize in advance if this is not the correct topic (I think it's still a 7 Series motherboard... ).

Can I ask for your help?

I have attached my EFI and the ACPI / origin folder.

Thanks in advance.

Try

CLOVER.zip

• Like 2