[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

u dont use my full clover folder

Of course, I replaced the files inside the Clover folder. Now I tried to delete the whole folder and copy yours directly.

New file: Download

In summary, the "problem" I have is that using Fix Shutdown the LEDs on the motherboard always stay on (even after switching off).
If I do not use it and set darkwake = 8, everything works perfectly as it should, but I have the problem of auto restart after shutdown if a USB 3 device is connected.
I was hoping there was a solution to prevent restart after shutdown without using Fix Shutdown so that the LEDs also go off when the computer is off or sleep.

A second problem (but we are talking about it in another thread) is to enable the hotplug on the Thunderbolt GC-Alpine Ridge card.

Edited by lelet

1 hour ago, lelet said:

Of course, I replaced the files inside the Clover folder. Now I tried to delete the whole folder and copy yours directly.

New file: Download

In summary, the "problem" I have is that using Fix Shutdown the LEDs on the motherboard always stay on (even after switching off).
If I do not use it and set darkwake = 8, everything works perfectly as it should, but I have the problem of auto restart after shutdown if a USB 3 device is connected.
I was hoping there was a solution to prevent restart after shutdown without using Fix Shutdown so that the LEDs also go off when the computer is off or sleep.

A second problem (but we are talking about it in another thread) is to enable the hotplug on the Thunderbolt GC-Alpine Ridge card.

SSDT put hot plug to work?

test it with usb plugged

DSDT.aml.zip

53 minutes ago, liemhatang said:

not work for my. i don't know why :(:(

strange

idk

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

SSDT put hot plug to work?

test it with usb plugged

DSDT.aml.zip

As before, the computer turns off perfectly, even with connected USB 3 devices, but the leds remain on. Now, however, if I put the computer in stop, it immediately reactivates and the screen remains black. Mouse and keyboard no longer work.
Too bad, however it was just a whim, now I go into the bios and set the leds always off, then I will return to the initial Clover configuration. Thanks the same for the attempt! :)

For me the most interesting thing would be to enable the hotplug for Thunderbolt devices. Up until now the progress we have made has led us to make sure that the devices reconnect correctly after sleep (with this SSDT), but no hotplug for now. Probably it is a power problem, in fact we are making comparisons with the ACPI tables and IOReg of an iMac 18,3. If it were possible to create a SSDT suitable for this, it would solve a problem that afflicts all holders of Gigabyte Thunderbolt PCI card.

hi MaLdOn,

I removed my old display card and installed the new AMD rx 560 card. I disabled the igPU from the BIOS. My new card worked natively. Sleep / wake seems to be working properly. I wanted to resubmit the RunMe output, so maybe it should be a place to update. MacXDVD Video Encoding shows that the program does not support hardware encoding. How can we enable hardware encoding?
(I just added the CsmVideoDxe-64.efi file because I disabled the iGPU, because the windoz does not boot, can the fix be corrected otherwise?)

file upload is not working, here is my send me file : https://we.tl/IfHClwHe2q

PS: High Sierra can boot, but Sierra can not boot. Can we produce a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by newphase

11 hours ago, strakm39 said:

Thanks for the zippy files tip. I have uploaded the file. http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/lbZSwyx3/file.html

The hardware is an HP 27-a257c All In One. i7-7700t, HD 630 , H170 chipset, realtek PCIE card reader, intel wireless AC3168, realtek ALC 3252 audio, realtek RTL8161GSH ethernet.

https://www46.zippyshare.com/v/UhNWi18l/file.html
Replace, reboot and send me new SEND_ME

3 hours ago, newphase said:

hi MaLdOn,

I removed my old display card and installed the new AMD rx 560 card. I disabled the igPU from the BIOS. My new card worked natively. Sleep / wake seems to be working properly. I wanted to resubmit the RunMe output, so maybe it should be a place to update. MacXDVD Video Encoding shows that the program does not support hardware encoding. How can we enable hardware encoding?
(I just added the CsmVideoDxe-64.efi file because I disabled the iGPU, because the windoz does not boot, can the fix be corrected otherwise?)

file upload is not working, here is my send me file : https://we.tl/IfHClwHe2q

PS: High Sierra can boot, but Sierra can not boot. Can we produce a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

replace, reboot, enter in bios put Internal Graphics to Enable

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

On 3/30/2018 at 4:02 AM, MaLd0n said:

is a very strange, i don't have idea

I'm experiencing issues with boot.

Basically once in a while I get the "STOP" sign and the PC doesn't boot.

I've added a M2 drive and cloned the system.

This is what Verbose shows.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot!!

IMG_3622.jpg

Edited by zzmadd
  • Like 1

Hi MaLd0n, I am suffering from random reboots and some has said that  'The errors are caused by mismatch between OEM tables, DSDT override and Clover patching'

Can you help me generate a DSDT.aml for my system? Other than the reboots, my system is working fine.

Here is a link to my files.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dve426h6sjr0tp/Diags.zip?dl=0

Thank you.

Edited by ashman1970
  • Like 1

On 13/2/2018 at 11:28 PM, gigibatt said:

Thanx Maldon, i will try tomorrow!

ok Maldon, I'm back on my notebook. I can boot only from the USB installer, but not from the disk. It seems that the random ECR2 method does not load arguments and returns a kernel panic. I am unable to start, so I can not start the RunMe.app but I am attaching: 1. ORIGIN folder extracted via Clover 2. Photo of the Kernel Panic 3. EFI folder that works to start the installer via USB Do you want to do something with these few files too?

please copy and paste the links because if you clik directly on the link asks you the credentials, I think it's the fault of the forum format

terminalstrip.net/MaLdOn/CLOVER.zip

terminalstrip.net/MaLdOn/origin.zip

IMG_1068.jpeg

Edited by gigibatt

5 hours ago, alex9440 said:

Hi MaLd0n, Help me please to fix error:

12097, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SCOPE, expecting $end and premature End-of-File

DSDT.dsl

extract original and apply ur patches

4 hours ago, zzmadd said:

I'm experiencing issues with boot.

Basically once in a while I get the "STOP" sign and the PC doesn't boot.

I've added a M2 drive and cloned the system.

This is what Verbose shows.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot!!

IMG_3622.jpg

i don't use this method, clone, no idea

1 hour ago, gigibatt said:

ok Maldon, I'm back on my notebook. I can boot only from the USB installer, but not from the disk. It seems that the random ECR2 method does not load arguments and returns a kernel panic. I am unable to start, so I can not start the RunMe.app but I am attaching: 1. ORIGIN folder extracted via Clover 2. Photo of the Kernel Panic 3. EFI folder that works to start the installer via USB Do you want to do something with these few files too?

please copy and paste the links because if you clik directly on the link asks you the credentials, I think it's the fault of the forum format

terminalstrip.net/MaLdOn/CLOVER.zip

terminalstrip.net/MaLdOn/origin.zip

IMG_1068.jpeg

u need use it to avoid this problem

change H_EC to EC
485f4543 
45435f5f

3 hours ago, ashman1970 said:

Hi MaLd0n, I am suffering from random reboots and some has said that  'The errors are caused by mismatch between OEM tables, DSDT override and Clover patching'

Can you help me generate a DSDT.aml for my system? Other than the reboots, my system is working fine.

Here is a link to my files.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dve426h6sjr0tp/Diags.zip?dl=0

Thank you.

use my files, same mobo, perfect hack, update to bios F6

https://www45.zippyshare.com/v/9v1Ltt9B/file.html

update clover too

https://www105.zippyshare.com/v/uhvyIDeY/file.html

3 minutes ago, strakm39 said:

MaLdOn,

Tried your clover from zippy flies and the system keeps restarting. All is well until shortly after something about the mouse, then it streams lots of short lines and restarts.

use this option and post a photo

MaLd0n 2018-04-07 às 12.36.16.png

50 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

extract original and apply ur patches

i don't use this method, clone, no idea

u need use it to avoid this problem

change H_EC to EC
485f4543 
45435f5f

It does not work, I noticed that if I wait 10 seconds for the clover screen to start, but sometimes it goes into kernel panic. I managed to install Clover on the HD, but after the second reboot it no longer sees the disk ... I tried to repair from Disk Utility but it fails, it seems that it has broken the partition, now I have to format and reinstall. Tips?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, strakm39 said:

update clover bootloader

https://www104.zippyshare.com/v/p277heXQ/file.html

2 hours ago, gigibatt said:

It does not work, I noticed that if I wait 10 seconds for the clover screen to start, but sometimes it goes into kernel panic. I managed to install Clover on the HD, but after the second reboot it no longer sees the disk ... I tried to repair from Disk Utility but it fails, it seems that it has broken the partition, now I have to format and reinstall. Tips?

boot without dsdt, etc, with a simple config and send me full logs

Hello Maldon, I hope you're having a good day!

My USB 3.0 stopped working. Only thing I changed was video cards from a RX460 4GB to a Nvidia 740 4GB. Not sure if that's what made the USB 3.0 stop working or not... my mistake for not thinking. You sent me a DSDT when I upgraded to 10.13.4 and my USB 3.0 stopped working and it worked great.

I was hoping you can take a look at my RunMe Files below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UCFEbshe1OEIZDPMjwHyXHntDKZb8iE5/view?usp=sharing

Specs: GA-Z170XP-SLI, i5-7600k, Nvidia 740 4GB, HS 10.13.4

21 minutes ago, bocajoe said:

Hello Maldon, I hope you're having a good day!

My USB 3.0 stopped working. Only thing I changed was video cards from a RX460 4GB to a Nvidia 740 4GB. Not sure if that's what made the USB 3.0 stop working or not... my mistake for not thinking. You sent me a DSDT when I upgraded to 10.13.4 and my USB 3.0 stopped working and it worked great.

I was hoping you can take a look at my RunMe Files below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UCFEbshe1OEIZDPMjwHyXHntDKZb8iE5/view?usp=sharing

Specs: GA-Z170XP-SLI, i5-7600k, Nvidia 740 4GB, HS 10.13.4

Jus enable patch for 10.13.4+ and disable other

• Like 1