[GUIDE] Dell XPS 15 (9550) Mojave 10.14 / 10.15 Quick Installation

Krim404

1,806 posts in this topic

Try using the board ID of MacBookPro13,1/14,1, or patch /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BiometricKit.framework/Versions/A/BiometricKit (replace "board-id" with "board-ix", then sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BiometricKit.framework/Versions/Current/BiometricKit). Note that the latter requires SIP to be disabled; it should be possible to write a Lilu plugin to do this (will work on it sooner or later).

Edit: Lilu plugin is available here: https://github.com/al3xtjames/NoTouchID

Edited by TheRacerMaster
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 9:25 AM, alex.daoud said:

I did not give you permission to upload a compiled version of the native branch. Kindly remove it. I said multiple times that it was not for public use and the source code is online strictly for development purposes.

I will take down the source code for the native branch if people continue to abuse this.

SSDT-I2CX.aml where do I download that file

Guys, anyone had issued updating to 10.13.4? I downloaded it from app store and mounted nicely. After reboot I get kernel panic when loading. Problem is the screen is not readable (like glitched) so I'm no sure where I the problem. I tried replacing clover files with those from the github but no luck.

I've been experiencing something odd, the laptop reboots every time it comes back from sleep, when it's not plugged to the power source. 
Is anyone experiencing (or had experienced) this reboot issue on 10.13.4? Thanks!

On 3/21/2018 at 11:33 PM, hvolkoff said:

Done, already removed it from the attachment. Sorry if it caused any troubles, wasn't my intention. However, I do have to point out that you actually gave permission to your software distribution when you released it under GNU GPL3, as per section 6.d. Maybe you want to revise the license?

Hi, mate, sorry to trouble you. I just saw your post on the forum about I2C trackpad. I also have XPS 15, thanks for your great work about the native gestures because I also want to improve the touchpad. But when I want to download the zip file, I found it already deleted. So can you send me a copy one for individual use via message?  And I also messaged u already. Thank you very much. Best regards.

On 4/29/2018 at 8:24 PM, Diwad said:

Guys, anyone had issued updating to 10.13.4? I downloaded it from app store and mounted nicely. After reboot I get kernel panic when loading. Problem is the screen is not readable (like glitched) so I'm no sure where I the problem. I tried replacing clover files with those from the github but no luck.

update your installation with the updated files from the git repository and everything is fine

14 hours ago, golimpio said:

I've been experiencing something odd, the laptop reboots every time it comes back from sleep, when it's not plugged to the power source. 
Is anyone experiencing (or had experienced) this reboot issue on 10.13.4? Thanks!

redo the anti hibernation script from post install, redo kext cache and do a normal shutdown. then boot up again. if this didnt help - redo. most of the time this fixes it.

8 hours ago, AllenGong said:

Hi, mate, sorry to trouble you. I just saw your post on the forum about I2C trackpad. I also have XPS 15, thanks for your great work about the native gestures because I also want to improve the touchpad. But when I want to download the zip file, I found it already deleted. So can you send me a copy one for individual use via message?  And I also messaged u already. Thank you very much. Best regards.

you can compile the code by yourself, but the product owner doesnt allow prebuilt binaries for anyone. also these are so unstable, that theyre not even suggested for a tryout.

Edited by wmchris
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wmchris said:

redo the anti hibernation script from post install, redo kext cache and do a normal shutdown. then boot up again. if this didnt help - redo. most of the time this fixes it.

I've tried it, but it didn't help. Perhaps it's the BIOS I'm using? 1.5.1 (I read that the 1.6.1 had some issues, but I don't remember if 1.5.1 is OK), I've tried to search the forum, but search is not working for me. Thanks for your help.

9 hours ago, wmchris said:

update your installation with the updated files from the git repository and everything is fine

you can compile the code by yourself, but the product owner doesnt allow prebuilt binaries for anyone. also these are so unstable, that theyre not even suggested for a tryout.

Yep, I got it. Thanks for your reply. But I think it should be OK just based on individual use not abused spread. As for the unstable result, I think it is worth a try. 

48 minutes ago, AllenGong said:

Yep, I got it. Thanks for your reply. But I think it should be OK just based on individual use not abused spread. As for the unstable result, I think it is worth a try.  

sorry but it doesnt matter what you think of what should be okay - the copyright owner disallowed it himself. so please accept it. And trust me - i tried the code - its not worth the time. if you're unable to compile it, then youre also unable to debug it.

8 hours ago, golimpio said:

I've tried it, but it didn't help. Perhaps it's the BIOS I'm using? 1.5.1 (I read that the 1.6.1 had some issues, but I don't remember if 1.5.1 is OK), I've tried to search the forum, but search is not working for me. Thanks for your help.

if it worked before, then i can only suggest doing it multiple times. especially the shutdown part. i had this issue at least 5 times - i didnt debug it because a clean shutdown works most of the time.

Edited by wmchris
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, wmchris said:

sorry but it doesnt matter what you think of what should be okay - the copyright owner disallowed it himself. so please accept it. And trust me - i tried the code - its not worth the time. if you're unable to compile it, then youre also unable to debug it.

if it worked before, then i can only suggest doing it multiple times. especially the shutdown part. i had this issue at least 5 times - i didnt debug it because a clean shutdown works most of the time.

Thanks. I think maybe u are right.

• 4 weeks later...

I must be doing something wrong, after I got the HDMI Out to work, now HDMI audio is also not working. I am on 10.13.2, I followed the steps carefully from the installation. Any ideas as to what might be the reason of the HDMI Audio issues not working?

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I have the problem that the touchpad won't work after resume, anybody else the same problem? The touchscreen remains working, so I can still use the system, but for the touchpad I need to reboot.

On 6/5/2018 at 7:28 AM, Gymnae said:

Sometimes I have the problem that the touchpad won't work after resume, anybody else the same problem? The touchscreen remains working, so I can still use the system, but for the touchpad I need to reboot.

press the "print" key. i think i accidentally set it to "disable touchpad" - but never tried to fix it :-)

Edited by wmchris

I have a second display connected to my laptop and after updating to 10.13.5, I had some issues when the laptop woke up from sleep: the laptop display was black and sometimes it was blinking.

I'm not sure if it was a random issue, but I've decided to apply the new CoreDisplay patcher for 10.13.5 and it seems to be working now. Again, it might have been a random issue, but I think it doesn't hurt to run the updated CoreDisplay patcher.

In my case I've replaced the BuildMachineOSBuild key value, from 17E199 (10.13.4) to 17F77 (10.13.5) in the Info.plist file (CoreDisplayFixup.kext).

Edited by golimpio
  • Like 2

I just wished to thank you all on good work you put in this project. I learned quite a bit reading through the topic (although I don't understand all the stuff)

I have been running Hackintosh on XPS 15 9550 with i7 6700HQ with UHD display. Somewhere before High Sierra I switched to windows and wiped my whole laptop and in the process upgraded to latest bios / tb3 / tpm firmwares and all the stuff from Dell website.  Well my windows journey wasn't that cool and I wanted back in 

I downloaded the newest installer on my old MBPRO, made usb install, used the guide, calculated the slice for installer, installed the system and I booted into fresh 10.13.5 environment.

After installing the kexts and rebuilding the caches, my "prelinkedkernel" file increased in size which is quite normal, but after that I couldn't boot anymore. Same old "couldn't allocate runtime area ..." error. 

I tried with "OsxAptioFix3Drv-64", "OsxAptioFix2Drv-64", "AllocFix with OsxAptioFixDrv" and in the end "AptioMemoryFix". 

I compiled the AptioMemoryFix with the support for "aptiodump" option in order for it to dump memory. 

Now I understand that each of these machines could have different memmap, but I tried turning off stuff like TPM and Thunderbolt support in bios (Touch screen, sdcard reader and vt-d are long disabled) but I'm not getting any bigger region of free memory. 

I'll attach memmap fro uefi shell output and the picture of aptiodump (I don't know how to capture that in text)  

I can boot in safe mode, and if I erase prelinkedkernel, it boots, but the problem are patches which are counting on cached kexts  

I was hopping if some you running similar configs could shed some light or maybe options I have (I've seen wmchris mentioned kernel sliming down somewhere, but I don't know how to preform such a task) 

memmap.txt

IMG_3030.JPG

UPDATE: I managed to boot with somewhat not recommended free2000 driver, it's sad but that is the only way I can boot with prelinked kernel :(

Can some of you please share your memmap output along with bios version you are using? I'm curious about why my machine is special, and I'd like to enjoy stable driver with native nvram support :)

Edited by zlominus
Updated "solution"