FileVault 2

vit9696
496 posts in this topic

AppleEvent proto not installed

Ok. Is that something I can fix? Not sure what AppleEvent is... Aside from an "event" that I don't know what it does or should do, what is it used or useful for and, if it's such an important event, whether or not I should bring cake. :))

And "proto"...is that for protocol or prototype? Or..something else entirely? Google doesn't seem to help much in this case.

Sorry for asking so many questions. I prefer to ask and learn than don't ask and stay a noob.

Ok....so...what is that then? :)) It doesn't seem to be AppleEvent proto not installed... Whatever that is. Since it's already embedded into Clover. So...what is it then?

I see no messages from Clover so it is not my field. I can't help.

• Like 1

As it says, the AppleKeyMapAggregator protocol is unavailable. Load the AppleKey(Map)Aggregator driver via drivers64UEFI.

How do I do that? The driver is there. I'm not sure what do I need to do to load it

Sent from my Xperia Z3C using Tapatalk

How do I do that? The driver is there. I'm not sure what do I need to do to load it

And you are performing an UEFI-boot, yes?

Can't help much with Clover's AppleKeyAggregator, idk how Slice modded it. You can try Apple's by ripping it out of pretty much any firmware update.

• Like 1

And you are performing an UEFI-boot, yes?

Can't help much with Clover's AppleKeyAggregator, idk how Slice modded it. You can try Apple's by ripping it out of pretty much any firmware update.

Yep, I'm on UEFI booting. :)

To be honest, I have no idea where that driver is exactly. But i guess I'll find out...? Maybe...?

Thank you. :)

For an OptiPlex 3020 (proprietary BIOS I guess), running Sierra, UEFI mode, with wireless USB keyboard and mouse what should I use?

I tried UsbKbDxe (in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI) but can't type the password. If I disconnect/reconnect the USB dongle, I'm able so select which partition to boot in Clover, but can't type the password.

The keyboard works in BIOS.

For an OptiPlex 3020 (proprietary BIOS I guess), running Sierra, UEFI mode, with wireless USB keyboard and mouse what should I use?

I tried UsbKbDxe (in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI) but can't type the password. If I disconnect/reconnect the USB dongle, I'm able so select which partition to boot in Clover, but can't type the password.

The keyboard works in BIOS.

We have no working solution for your case.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like there were still two complaints in the log-muted AptioInputFix (AsAmiShim) binary.

Finally, I managed to eliminate them.

Apply these two patches to the binary downloaded from Download (gathered from OP):

48 8D 15 62 1B 00 00 B9 00 00 00 80 49 89 F8 E8 19 F0 FF FF
48 8D 15 EF 1A 00 00 B9 00 00 00 80 49 89 F0 E8 5F EE FF FF

Both occurrences needs to be NOPped out. That is

90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90

Enjoy.

Modified binary attached as follows.

AsAmiShim.efi.zip

Looks like there were still two complaints in the log-muted AptioInputFix (AsAmiShim) binary.

Apply these two patches to the binary downloaded from Download (gathered from OP):

Enjoy.

attachicon.gifAsAmiShim.efi.zip

Maybe not the place to ask this question, but can clover patch those *.efi files in memory?

apfs has debug messaging on also.

Enjoy.

attachicon.gifAsAmiShim.efi.zip

I still get the same errors... Maybe the patch was not for my specific issue.

Anyway, I still get:

gAppleKeyMapDatabaseProtocolGuid is unavailable 14

AmiShim installation failed 14...

Also, something about "Found 3 keycode handles", something about splitter and PS/2 that should be polled....whatever that means... And some other things that might actually belong to APFS.

Anyway, here's another screenshot.

post-1303722-0-97242300-1509376208_thumb.jpg

I still get the same errors... Maybe the patch was not for my specific issue.

Anyway, I still get:

AmiShim installation failed 14...

Also, something about "Found 3 keycode handles", something about splitter and PS/2 that should be polled....whatever that means... And some other things that might actually belong to APFS.

Anyway, here's another screenshot.

attachicon.gifImage-1.jpg

Hi. Indeed. And it's quite weird though:

AmiShim installation failed 14

With my patched version of AsAmiShim above, these two error lines should just be gone.

I'll check other entries and send you another patched efi.

EDIT: Oops. I've somehow started doubting if you're using my patched efi above. Are you sure? From the searches here I can't even trace any log which you got. And I did see *"AmiShim"* logs in your picture...

Maybe not the place to ask this question, but can clover patch those *.efi files in memory?

apfs has debug messaging on also.

Sorry. I'm not sure. Not a Clover developer.

*STARTING OFF-TOPIC*

In my opinion, will it be better to properly import apfsjumpstart protocol instead of patching apfs.efi itself?

Hi. Indeed. And it's quite weird though:

AmiShim installation failed 14

With my patched version of AsAmiShim above, these two error lines should just be gone.

I'll check other entries and send you another patched efi.

EDIT: Oops. I've somehow started doubting if you're using my patched efi above. Are you sure? From the searches here I can't even trace any log which you got. And I did see *"AmiShim"* logs in your picture...

Well, I am using it, yes. But...maybe there's another driver causing this issue?

Attached is the content of my drivers64UEFI folder. Maybe I missed something.

drivers64UEFI.zip

Well, I am using it, yes. But...maybe there's another driver causing this issue?

Attached is the content of my drivers64UEFI folder. Maybe I missed something.

First of all, sorry for my late reply. I've been kind of busy these days.

I guess AptioInputFixB2.efi and AsAmiShim.efi are identical. (They might be supposed to do the same thing) Now with my patched AsAmiShim.efi you do not need AptioInputFixB2.efi anymore. Simply get to remove it.

By the way. As for apfs.efi log elimination, you can also try this one:             #45            

• Like 1

First of all, sorry for my late reply. I've been kind of busy these days.

I guess AptioInputFixB2.efi and AsAmiShim.efi are identical. (They might be supposed to do the same thing) Now with my patched AsAmiShim.efi you do not need AptioInputFixB2.efi anymore. Simply get to remove it.

By the way. As for apfs.efi log elimination, you can also try this one:             #45            

Looks like that was the culprit. Thank you very much for your help.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I've activated FileVault 2 in Yosemite. I use Clover 4289. It's fully working for non-fv2. I just added few drivers in drivers64.  

I've all this driver loaded :

15:254  7:526  Loading FirmwareVolume-64.efi  status=Success

15:834  0:579  Loading AppleImageCodec-64.efi  status=Success
16:400  0:566  Loading AppleUITheme-64.efi  status=Success
16:962  0:561  Loading HashServiceFix-64.efi  status=Success
17:291  0:329  Loading AsAmiShim.efi  status=Success
17:623  0:331  Loading FSInject-64.efi  status=Success
18:704  1:080  Loading SMCHelper-64.efi  status=Success
19:266  0:562  Loading AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi  status=Success

but I have ERROR _lw_InitializeGraphics failed to create cursor. I read that "FirmwareVolume-64.efi" is supposed to fix that.

Any idea someone ?

Thanks.

post-1176907-0-27509100-1510070913_thumb.png

I see this :

->LocateHandleBuffer(ByProtocol, gEfiFirmwareVolumeProtocolGuid, 0, 1, BE872018) = Success
->HandleProtocol(BD8EBA18, 7AA35A69-506C-444F-A7AF-694BF56F71C8, 0) = Unsupported
->LocateHandleBuffer(ByProtocol, gEfiFirmwareVolumeProtocolGuid, 0, 1, BE872018) = Success
->HandleProtocol(BD8EBA18, 7AA35A69-506C-444F-A7AF-694BF56F71C8, 0) = Unsupported